Confessions of Atlas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:20:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Confessions of Atlas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15
Author Topic: Confessions of Atlas  (Read 26471 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: October 09, 2020, 10:35:15 PM »

I talked to Terry Brandstad and his wife yesterday while working and didn't even recognize it was him until somebody pointed it out to me after they left.

I feel like this is grounds for having my politics nerd card revoked.

I think your Iowa citizenship will have to be revoked as well. How can you be an Iowan and not know Terry Branstad when you see him?

That glorious snowy ‘stache.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #226 on: October 09, 2020, 10:52:03 PM »

I talked to Terry Brandstad and his wife yesterday while working and didn't even recognize it was him until somebody pointed it out to me after they left.

I think your Iowa citizenship will have to be revoked as well. How can you be an Iowan and not know Terry Branstad when you see him?

Go to horny jail

*BONK*
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #227 on: October 10, 2020, 02:12:00 AM »

Go to horny jail

*BONK*
We need to reform the forum laws on horny jail IMO. Minor offenses should result in community service instead.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #228 on: October 10, 2020, 05:24:04 AM »

I have never had my hair cut by a barber.

In my life I have spent more money in clothes for my girlfriend than in clothes for myself.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #229 on: October 10, 2020, 12:12:03 PM »

Probably a bit of a weird one given what this forum is about, but I genuinely don't find election predictions an even remotely interesting exercise. By which I mean, going into the 2020 board and arguing about whether Pennsylvania is tilt D or lean D or whatever. I just don't care.

All it seems to do is completely remove the actual meaning, or intellectual curiosity from the the subject of electoral geography, and treat it exactly the same as if it was gambling on your sports team.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #230 on: October 10, 2020, 03:17:26 PM »

Probably a bit of a weird one given what this forum is about, but I genuinely don't find election predictions an even remotely interesting exercise. By which I mean, going into the 2020 board and arguing about whether Pennsylvania is tilt D or lean D or whatever. I just don't care.

All it seems to do is completely remove the actual meaning, or intellectual curiosity from the the subject of electoral geography, and treat it exactly the same as if it was gambling on your sports team.

Oh my God, amen/preach.  Lol.  I feel exactly the same way.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #231 on: October 10, 2020, 03:20:54 PM »

Adding to this to say the way that people treat it as if the term 'tilt' or 'lean' has some sort of scientific basis makes it even worse.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #232 on: October 10, 2020, 09:31:10 PM »

I am deeply afraid of people, namely my children and loved ones, growing beyond the need for me to be around.
diptheriadan

« Reply #233 on: October 10, 2020, 09:46:03 PM »

I've had impure thoughts about the Venus of Willendorf.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #234 on: October 11, 2020, 01:37:24 AM »

I always thought Johnny Knoxville was kinda hot, so when I came across this photo I was a bit shocked.

Yes, I thought he was hot. Not to the point that I'd have sex with him, but back in the day I like, dayum.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #235 on: October 11, 2020, 01:57:17 AM »

I also think Jon Hamm is hot, but even for non-queer people I think it's hard to deny he's a good looking guy.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #236 on: October 11, 2020, 06:35:19 PM »

I got back from work earlier today, and I had a very surprising customer. Early on in my shift, a man and his wife came up to my register. They had two separate transactions, so I dealt with those in turn. And I'm 100% positive that the man was Doug Lamborn, who is my congressman. Similar to his media appearances, he was very soft-spoken and not confrontational. I was actually gripped with nerves when checking him out-that's how certain I am.

After they had left, I told one of my head cashiers about it. Now, he didn't know who Lamborn was-a reminder of how many Americans can't even identify their own congressman-so I had to explain it to him. The name then rang a bell with him, as he had heard it in passing. And no one else in the store recognized that it was him. This doesn't surprise me, because Lamborn is an undistinguished backbencher who is usually only heard or seen from during election years-although he didn't have a primary opponent this year. So he was able to benefit from his anonymity to shop in the store. I know that he lives in Northern Colorado Springs, where the store is located and where I live, so that further reinforces my certainty that it was him.

This encounter was also a reminder of how many members of Congress live the same lives as many of us. They shop at stores, they go out to restaurants, they pay bills, they have families and friends, and they take care of errands. So when we're talking about politicians, whether Republican or Democratic, we have to keep this in mind.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #237 on: October 13, 2020, 10:04:06 PM »

For my college screenwriting final, I wrote the plot of "The Godfather Part IV: Lesbians Take Manhattan", and it was brilliant. I played the part of the mobster boss for the full three hours, I felt awesome and I was paid more than a thousand dollars for it. I wrote an excellent script with a lot of potential.

I thought this was a dream, and I wanted it to happen. And then it happened to me. I'm no longer a screenwriter, and I didn't have the energy or commitment to take it further. So I've made no progress.

I'm very aware of this. My career would be over if this had happened, and I would have been miserable. That's why I went out to dinner with some friends, and I kept going, and finally I got to a point where I knew it wasn't going to happen and then I was just relieved. I don't feel depressed or scared any more.

Instead of screenwriting, I ended up devoting my time to investigative journalism. I'd often write articles about how the world of film was being manipulated by the powers that be. My articles were written under the pseudonym "Roland H. Martin."

In my search for information I'd read about people being paid off to promote a film. Of course I didn't trust the people who gave me that information. I was convinced that everything was orchestrated. One thing was for sure: people were paid off to talk about the film. And when they talked, they would be paid off to make the film look good.

In the fall of 1971, I was invited to be a producer on a short film about the JFK assassination. My producer turned out to be a movie producer. I was told to write a story for the movie and also to get involved in other projects of the company. It all sounded so cool. They would get the movie made and my writing would make them money.

That was a dream come true for me.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #238 on: October 13, 2020, 10:31:34 PM »

I'm a sinful degenerate.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #239 on: October 14, 2020, 04:32:57 AM »

You're not alone.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #240 on: October 15, 2020, 03:24:39 AM »

I’m having a rough time, and seeing that I hit 7.75 of these points isn’t helping

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #241 on: October 15, 2020, 09:57:36 AM »

I’m having a rough time, and seeing that I hit 7.75 of these points isn’t helping

No matter how bad a problem or situation is, the first step to solving it or learning to deal with it properly is identifying it.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #242 on: November 11, 2020, 08:05:42 PM »

2 years ago, when I just started to become more interested into US politics and had a weird fetish for #moderates and bipartisanship, I wrote several US politicians e-mails to thank them for their efforts to reach across the aisle and asking for a signed autograph. In retrospect it doesn't even make sense to whom I wrote those e-mails and it's really embarrassing.

Well, ofc, I got no replies.

1 year later, I actually received an autograph saying "Best wishes, Jan".

Signed by Rick Scott.

So whenever you think you might have done something stupid, you should know that there is a random German guy who received a signed autograph of Voldemo... Rick Scott as response to an e-mail praising him for being bipartisan.

Yep..
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #243 on: November 11, 2020, 08:32:15 PM »

Ast, you're cool. But you have a week to live. Sorry Smiley
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #244 on: November 11, 2020, 08:49:45 PM »

1 year later, I actually received an autograph saying "Best wishes, Jan".

You just outed your real first name lol didn't you?
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #245 on: November 12, 2020, 03:04:24 AM »

I continue to press my point that I’m more of one
S019ian Liberal
Beacon

« Reply #246 on: November 12, 2020, 08:43:48 PM »

past muster ginger old.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #247 on: November 12, 2020, 10:33:26 PM »

Pass the mustard, elderly redhead!
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: November 18, 2020, 06:57:00 AM »

Just a reminder that if trump loses Arizona then Koopa, FDB, and I all have to get a one week ban

Ill post the post relating to this promise later tonight

Bump.

Mods pls ban (morgankingsley and KoopaDaQuick for one week)
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2020, 11:09:37 PM »

Just a reminder that if trump loses Arizona then Koopa, FDB, and I all have to get a one week ban

Ill post the post relating to this promise later tonight

Bump.

Mods pls ban (morgankingsley and KoopaDaQuick for one week)

Uhh...I don't even remember signing up for that?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies