Confessions of Atlas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:53:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Confessions of Atlas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Author Topic: Confessions of Atlas  (Read 26476 times)
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2020, 04:49:37 AM »

I genuinely can't tell how much of peoples enjoyment of OC is ironic or unironic
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2020, 09:52:11 PM »

The 2020 board sucks ass these days. Even posters I otherwise respect make fools out of themselves on a daily basis there.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2020, 01:05:27 AM »

In summer 2017, I went on the wikipedia article of the 1974 oscars and removed every single mention of that "movie" Exorcist, and it stayed that way for like 3 months
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2020, 02:16:41 AM »

I genuinely can't tell how much of peoples enjoyment of OC is ironic or unironic

Oh, very unironic here!
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2020, 06:56:02 AM »

I found out by accident in 2017 that I have a half brother who is 20 years older than me that was put up for adoption by my dad and his mother since they were both unmarried US service members stationed in Germany.  

Haven’t asked my dad about him and don’t plan to anytime soon.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2020, 06:58:28 AM »

I found out by accident in 2017 that I have a half brother who is 20 years older than me that was put up for adoption by my dad and his mother since they were both unmarried US service members stationed in Germany.  

I want to know how this little tidbit of info got spilled out
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2020, 07:08:11 AM »

I want to know how this little tidbit of info got spilled out

I was looking up my dad’s info to see if he was still a licensed attorney in California or if he had retired. We didn’t speak at all from roughly 2013-2019 and I was contemplating putting his info on my FAFSA to get more free government money. Google showed a front page post on an adoption site from 2001 where my dad was asking for information on an adoptee with all the information I listed above (including my half brother’s full name). I found his Facebook and the family resemblance basically confirmed it.
Roblox

« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2020, 11:53:22 AM »

My parents are both Sudanese immigrants who remain fluent in arabic and use it a lot while speaking to family in Sudan, but I never made an effort to learn the language  beyond a few words.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2020, 05:29:14 AM »

Just a reminder that if trump loses Arizona then Koopa, FDB, and I all have to get a one week ban

Ill post the post relating to this promise later tonight
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2020, 07:16:41 AM »

Here it is

I CAN GUARANTEE YOU WITH 100% CERTAINTY THAT TRUMP WILL DO EVEN BETTER IN ARIZONA THAN HE DID IN 2016

If you are wrong: one week ban for each of you, starting right after the election.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2020, 09:56:12 PM »

My parents are both Sudanese immigrants who remain fluent in arabic and use it a lot while speaking to family in Sudan, but I never made an effort to learn the language  beyond a few words.

Good. My parents are immigrants too, and I don't speak Urdu, Punjabi, or Russian. I am monolingual and proud. That makes them roll their eyes though.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2020, 04:53:05 AM »

I love pineapple pizza.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2020, 05:34:24 AM »

When the family is all gathered at my parents' house and I want to piss my older brother off, I wear my Louboutin stilettos around the house because I know that the clicking absolutely drives him nuts.  

And if he confronts me about it, I default to the standard little kid "what? Is it against the law to walk?"
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2020, 07:01:44 PM »

I've been on Atlas since 2005.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2020, 07:40:05 PM »

I find dating/relationships/marriage to be utterly pointless.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2020, 07:37:15 PM »

When the family is all gathered at my parents' house and I want to piss my older brother off, I wear my Louboutin stilettos around the house because I know that the clicking absolutely drives him nuts.  

And if he confronts me about it, I default to the standard little kid "what? Is it against the law to walk?"

A lot of us desis (or half desis) walk like elephants regardless of heels or not, fairly well known fact. My dad actually put sound barrier insulation between the first and second floors when building our house for that very reason.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2020, 01:10:19 PM »

As BRTD has rightly called me out for in another thread, I voluntarily listened to "I Want It That Way" today.

I was 14 in 2000 and I loved listening to the Backstreet Boys. It makes me happy to hear their music on the radio again.

Additional confession: Y'all make me feel old, and I'm not old.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2020, 07:50:08 PM »

I’ve been using US Politics as escapism to avoid panicking about the ongoing chaos of Brexit, the decline of both the Lib Dem’s and Labour, and my struggle to get through undergrad intact.

It’s a lot easier to think about special Senate elections on the other side of the Atlantic, than what comes after graduation.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2020, 07:54:49 PM »

I’ve been using US Politics as escapism to avoid panicking about the ongoing chaos of Brexit, the decline of both the Lib Dem’s and Labour, and my struggle to get through undergrad intact.

It’s a lot easier to think about special Senate elections on the other side of the Atlantic, than what comes after graduation.

Hey man, that's ok, I can understand, hope it gets better Smiley
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2020, 09:18:06 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2020, 09:23:36 PM by Old School Republican »

When my Masis lol (For people who dont know , mom's sister) ask me even jokingly do you love me as much as you love mom , I say obviously not .

It makes them upset lol , but I would never even in a joking matter say I love someone more than my mom and dad. When people try to say I am Mama's or Papa's boy , I proudly say yes I am
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2020, 04:51:39 PM »

When I was in 7th grade, I got in trouble on two separate occasions for expressing my then-homophobic beliefs. The first time, I wrote, “Being gay is not okay,” in chalk on the parking lot my school used as a playground. The second time was when a classmate told be he had a lesbian aunt who was getting married. I replied with, “She shouldn’t be allowed to get married,” or something to the effect of that.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2020, 05:02:04 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2020, 05:21:03 PM by Penn_Quaker_Girl »

When my Masis lol (For people who dont know , mom's sister) ask me even jokingly do you love me as much as you love mom , I say obviously not .

It makes them upset lol , but I would never even in a joking matter say I love someone more than my mom and dad. When people try to say I am Mama's or Papa's boy , I proudly say yes I am

Alright, so if we're going down the Indian family route:

My extremely-socially-conservative grandmother saw pics of me in a dress that was a bit too tight and a bit too short for her liking.  And to make matters worse, I was standing next to a guy with his arm around me -- a NON-Indian guy.  

So ofc, she voiced her displeasure.  My answer (and I don't know what prompted me to say this) was:

Oh, don't worry about the dress.  That guy ripped it off me afterwards.

Needless to say, I spent the night at a friend's house.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2020, 09:02:37 PM »

Alright, so if we're going down the Indian family route:

My extremely-socially-conservative grandmother saw pics of me in a dress that was a bit too tight and a bit too short for her liking.  And to make matters worse, I was standing next to a guy with his arm around me -- a NON-Indian guy.  

So ofc, she voiced her displeasure.  My answer (and I don't know what prompted me to say this) was:

Oh, don't worry about the dress.  That guy ripped it off me afterwards.

Needless to say, I spent the night at a friend's house.

I must say I am surprised by your grandma's reaction, I guess I learn something new everyday. My uncle is a retired Paf officer, and now in his spare time does a little traveling and blogging, and a while ago he went to visit India and he wrote this in part of his blog about the experience

So I guess I have always have that sort of idea of how things are, but I guess that not really how it be.

But I pretty much can relate to your grandma, and react the same as your grandma if I ever see my sister like that, and she usually just gets mad at me.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2020, 01:39:52 AM »

Admittedly, I really enjoy posting on this site and for those who find value in what I post. Perhaps, its embarrassing to admit....but I find the random strangers of Atlas and their opinions to be very impactful on my political opinions and how I see certain issues.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2020, 01:55:09 AM »

I hate being autistic and feel like a second-class person. I'm jealous of people that don't have to deal with so many challenges.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies