Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:26:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 129740 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: October 29, 2019, 04:07:04 PM »

So do we have any substantive rebuttals to this manufactured controversy, or are the usual suspects going to exploit this to attack Bernie?

You mean, are the posters who keep saying "Bernie is a divisive jerk" going to post about it whenever he's a divisive jerk?

What would a substantial rebuttal even look like?  David Sirota insisting "it's not an attack, it's comparing records"?

Morning Consult has the "divisive jerk" as having the highest favorable rating among Democrats.
TWTown
GhostOfHuey
United States

« Reply #426 on: October 29, 2019, 04:33:56 PM »

Well, an update to the rally I am to attend on the 3rd. Wow, I was not expecting that many people but I guess Ilhan must be having a local effect. Of course, moving a rally even further into Minneapolis means my commute becomes slightly longer but I don't mind.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #427 on: October 29, 2019, 05:01:25 PM »

The Warren people are getting a bit shook what with Bernie knocking her off in New Hampshire and starting to catch her nationally again. Sad!
Cinemark

« Reply #428 on: October 29, 2019, 05:52:10 PM »

The Warren people are getting a bit shook what with Bernie knocking her off in New Hampshire and starting to catch her nationally again. Sad!

To be honest, I was happy about the Warren surge because it seemed like a candidate was able to start coalescing both moderates and liberals behind them which is necessary to beat Biden. But if Warren starts slumping because Bernie took some of her support, we have a three way race with Biden up double digits again.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #429 on: October 29, 2019, 05:59:43 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #430 on: October 29, 2019, 06:04:05 PM »

Of course he doesn't. It's not like it will ever become a law.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #431 on: October 29, 2019, 06:11:58 PM »

To be honest, its probably smarter to stay more vague on how Medicare for All will be paid. Getting into the weeds of it basically gives candidates like Buttigieg a gold mine of attacks ("How are you going to make sure the poor arent heavily effected by the sales tax your plan places?"). The simple answer of "taxes may go up but costs go down" worked, why bother changing it?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #432 on: October 29, 2019, 06:54:19 PM »

Nice hit piece by CNN who are also clearly shook. Warren won't even say if taxes will go up!

Hilarious.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #433 on: October 29, 2019, 06:57:01 PM »

Nice hit piece by CNN who are also clearly shook. Warren won't even say if taxes will go up!

Hilarious.

It's true that Warren's evasion on this issue has gotten absolutely no news coverage, good point.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #434 on: October 29, 2019, 07:01:09 PM »

Hilarious.

It's true that Warren's evasion on this issue has gotten absolutely no news coverage, good point.

Nowhere near the amount it should be getting, yes.

Especially when all she has to do is be honest and say the same thing Sanders is.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #435 on: October 29, 2019, 08:27:17 PM »

Hilarious.

Especially when all she has to do is be honest and say the same thing Sanders is.

However, Warren's evasiveness is due to her being very cautious of not letting Republicans make a talking point out of it. The reason Sanders said it is because it's just who he is and doesn't care.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #436 on: October 29, 2019, 09:15:49 PM »

Hilarious.

What should have gotten more coverage 9 months ago is that a major presidential frontrunner has had no way to fund his epically expensive signature proposal. That's the first question that is normally asked of any plan, and Warren has always released how she'll pay for all of her plans.

It's not very honest to promise a $34 trillion handout and then not say how you're going to pay for it.  It's incredible that Sanders has been allowed to get away with it for this long.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #437 on: October 29, 2019, 09:19:15 PM »

Now, Benie is getting a bump, after Harris and Warren got theirs. The momentum is now moving in Sanders direction, against Buttigieg. Buttigieg was starting to surge, but now its Sanders.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #438 on: October 29, 2019, 09:23:59 PM »

Hilarious.

What should have gotten more coverage 9 months ago is that a major presidential frontrunner has had no way to fund his epically expensive signature proposal. That's the first question that is normally asked of any plan, and Warren has always released how she'll pay for all of her plans.

It's not very honest to promise a $34 trillion handout and then not say how you're going to pay for it.  It's incredible that Sanders has been allowed to get away with it for this long.

What are you on about, Beet? Do tell me Warren's plan to pay for her version of M4A because she won't even say that she's going to raise taxes.

Sanders has said from the beginning that taxes will have to go up to pay for it.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #439 on: October 29, 2019, 09:30:19 PM »

Hilarious.

What are you on about, Beet? Do tell me Warren's plan to pay for her version of M4A because she won't even say that she's going to raise taxes.

Sanders has said from the beginning that taxes will have to go up to pay for it.

It's not Warren's plan. He's the one going around saying he "wrote the damn bill", but he forgot to write actually hard part, which is how it will be paid for. It's not hard to write a bill that just promises trillions of free stuff. Warren's been working on the funding for months since this is a complicated topic, but she'll eventually release her plan.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #440 on: October 29, 2019, 09:36:29 PM »

Hilarious.

It's not Warren's plan. He's the one going around saying he "wrote the damn bill", but he forgot to write actually hard part, which is how it will be paid for. It's not hard to write a bill that just promises trillions of free stuff. Warren's been working on the funding for months since this is a complicated topic, but she'll eventually release her plan.

Oh so Sanders needs to explain exactly how it will be funded right now but Warren doesn't need to tell us anything about how she'll do it until she's good and ready? Gotcha.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #441 on: October 29, 2019, 09:44:55 PM »

Hilarious.

Oh so Sanders needs to explain exactly how it will be funded right now but Warren doesn't need to tell us anything about how she'll do it until she's good and ready? Gotcha.

He should just say that he's working on it and he'll release it before voting starts.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #442 on: October 29, 2019, 09:56:39 PM »

The richest part of this post is that you somehow simultaneously think the argument is hypocritical and that both parts of it are wrong.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #443 on: October 29, 2019, 10:16:33 PM »

I think, the reason why superdelegates have not endorsed Warren, is do to her Senate seat. If she becomes Prez, Baker appoints a temp replacement. If Bernie or Biden gets Prez, Leader Schumer becomes Majority Leader. That's why AOC, endorsed Bernie.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #444 on: October 29, 2019, 10:32:15 PM »

The richest part of this post is that you somehow simultaneously think the argument is hypocritical and that both parts of it are wrong.

"Both parts of it are wrong"? Care to elaborate?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #445 on: October 30, 2019, 02:16:19 AM »

I'll bet you good money that Sanders hasn't the slightest clue how his proposal is going to be funded. It's like his "break the big banks" proposal where when he was pressed by that New York paper to explain his plan he looked like a deer in headlights.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #446 on: October 30, 2019, 02:48:00 AM »

I'll bet you good money that Sanders hasn't the slightest clue how his proposal is going to be funded. It's like his "break the big banks" proposal where when he was pressed by that New York paper to explain his plan he looked like a deer in headlights.

So what's your candidate's plan to fund it? Nobody can seem to give me an answer on this.

At least Sanders admits that taxes will be raised which is a start. Warren won't even commit to that.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #447 on: October 30, 2019, 03:08:37 AM »

So what's your candidate's plan to fund it? Nobody can seem to give me an answer on this.

At least Sanders admits that taxes will be raised which is a start. Warren won't even commit to that.

You don't seem to read the news.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/warren-says-she-will-soon-release-plan-fund-medicare-all-n1069251

I think Warren made a mistake by committing to this Medicare for All fantasy.
But for Sanders fans to accuse her for lack of specifics, that's real chutzpah. 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #448 on: October 30, 2019, 03:37:37 AM »

You don't seem to read the news.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/warren-says-she-will-soon-release-plan-fund-medicare-all-n1069251

I think Warren made a mistake by committing to this Medicare for All fantasy.
But for Sanders fans to accuse her for lack of specifics, that's real chutzpah. 

I'm pretty sure you were the one throwing around the accusations. Look at your original post.

I just asked what her plan was to fund M4A. As you just confirmed yourself, she doesn't have one yet.

So maybe you guys should wait until she actually has one before you start ragging on Bernie. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones as they say.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #449 on: October 30, 2019, 03:45:49 AM »

I'm pretty sure you were the one throwing around the accusations. Look at your original post.

I just asked what her plan was to fund M4A. As you just confirmed yourself, she doesn't have one yet.

So maybe you guys should wait until she actually has one before you start ragging on Bernie. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones as they say.

Warren is working on a plan which she promised to unveil soon.
Sanders OTOH admitted that not only doesn't have a plan but isn't even going to bother with making one.
If you think that they are the same then that's not my fault.

And again, the part you conveniently continue to ignore. This is Sanders' signature policy. He ought to be ready to answer everything thrown at him after all these years.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies