Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 12:49:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 129845 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: October 22, 2019, 07:36:42 AM »

AOC endorsment of Sanders haven't done anything for Sanders, Sanders will still place 4th after Warren in the Dem primary
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #376 on: October 22, 2019, 01:33:06 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2019, 01:39:24 PM by GeneralMacArthur »

I don't think anyone is disqualified for "standing up" for Tulsi.  Hillary already took one for the team by calling her out.  Nobody else has anything to gain from joining the pile-on.  It's already now going to be really awkward if+when Tulsi runs third-party, and she'll be getting extra scrutiny every time she has yet another shady pro-Russian-imperialism moment.

The difference between Pete/Beto and Bernie is that Pete isn't currently paying Tulsi Gabbard to be a "fellow" in the "Buttigieg Institute", Beto's campaign chair hasn't advocated for Tulsi to be his VP nominee, and when Pete loses he probably will not tolerate Tulsi scurrying all over Fox/Breitbart/RT to use his loss as prime evidence of DNC corruption.  Or at least, if she does do that, he won't then allow her to speak for him at the convention.

We're not talking about Bernie's ties to Tulsi. Beto and Tulsi were friends in Congress, and Pete and Tulsi are linked from the veteran bloc. They're certainly more tenuous than Bernie's, but largely irrelevant to the conversation. We're talking about whether Tulsi is a Manchurian candidate, and we're talking about whether or not Centrist Atlas is concern trolling to dunk on Bernie.

I'd like to have a nice conversation about the merits of Tulsi Gabbard without bad-faith actors holding a 4-year grudge.

Any conversation about the merits of Tulsi needs to be counterbalanced by the fact that she
  • Votes in a consistently pro-Russia and pro-Syria manner
  • Goes on Fox News and Breitbart regularly to criticize Democrats
  • Constantly repeats GOP talking points when criticizing Democrats
  • Advocates aggressively for Russia's ideal foreign policy for America
  • Constantly repeats Russian talking points about how terrible American foreign policy is
  • Outright lies about America and the Democrats, in a manner consistent with promoting GOP+Russia talking points.
  • Goes on RT regularly to join the conspiracy theory pile-on, which mainly revolves around Bernie Sanders and accusations of "DNC elites rigging elections"
  • Constantly mirrors Russia/GOP-promoted internet conspiracy theories about Bernie Sanders and DNC elites rigging elections, including in the current poll featured on her website, in her "I'm boycotting the debate, oh JK" stunt, and her unhinged tweets about Hillary Clinton.
  • Visited Syria (this was supposed to be a secret visit, remember) to hang out with Assad.
  • Claims to be puritanically against bloodshed and violence, yet simultaneously stands up for violent, blood-stained leaders like Modi and el-Sisi.
  • Is best friends with Steve Bannon
  • Met with Trump to audition for a role in his administration
  • Defends Trump against impeachment & investigation using GOP/Russia talking points

You can't discuss Tulsi in isolation without taking these things into account.  It would be trying to talk about Trump's record on tax reform in isolation, as if that's reflective of him as a candidate, while ignoring all the other awful things he's said and done.

My main issue with Bernie in all of this is that it feels like he "created" Tulsi Gabbard.  He brought her to prominence and gave her feature roles in his 2016 campaign and his post-2016 organizations.  And he allowed her to use him as a weapon against the Democrats with her "DNC elites rigged election" conspiracies that she pushed in tandem with Russia and the GOP.  Nobody had ever heard the name Tulsi Gabbard before Bernie gave her a platform, just like he did with Tim Canova, who's now a Trump-supporting conspiritard.

Y'all can laugh and think I'm crazy now but in 6 months when Tulsi makes whatever move she's planning, and Bernie Sanders is the only Democrat to not condemn her for it, I'll be the only one not surprised.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #377 on: October 22, 2019, 01:52:38 PM »

Do you people really not have anything better to do? This thread ought to be reserved for news and such relating to the Sanders campaign.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #378 on: October 22, 2019, 06:02:53 PM »

Look buddy, it'd be one thing if Clinton had produced evidence. I'll wait for a couple of months.

Saint Bernie has accused Democratic leadership of being in the pocket of Wall Street.
Has he any evidence for that?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/politics/hillary-clinton-speeches-wikileaks.html

https://theintercept.com/2017/02/22/dnc-chair-candidate-tom-perezs-bank-friendly-record-could-kneecap-the-democratic-party/

There was also the case in New York where not long after saying the DNC should stay out of primaries, he endorsed Cuomo in the primary.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #379 on: October 22, 2019, 06:06:47 PM »

Look buddy, it'd be one thing if Clinton had produced evidence. I'll wait for a couple of months.

Saint Bernie has accused Democratic leadership of being in the pocket of Wall Street.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/politics/hillary-clinton-speeches-wikileaks.html

https://theintercept.com/2017/02/22/dnc-chair-candidate-tom-perezs-bank-friendly-record-could-kneecap-the-democratic-party/

There was also the case in New York where not long after saying the DNC should stay out of primaries, he endorsed Cuomo in the primary.

You guys pick on the loosest straws imaginable.  Being "at ease" with Wall Street, or "friendly" with banks (according to The Intercept, so this probably means Tom Perez used a bank once) does NOT mean that one is corrupt and in the pocket of big banks.

Y'all have thrown around the accusation of corruption so much that it's become totally meaningless.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #380 on: October 22, 2019, 06:09:13 PM »

You guys pick on the loosest straws imaginable.  Being "at ease" with Wall Street, or "friendly" with banks (according to The Intercept, so this probably means Tom Perez used a bank once) does NOT mean that one is corrupt and in the pocket of big banks.

Y'all have thrown around the accusation of corruption so much that it's become totally meaningless.

And the New York Times article?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #381 on: October 22, 2019, 06:26:17 PM »

You guys pick on the loosest straws imaginable.  Being "at ease" with Wall Street, or "friendly" with banks (according to The Intercept, so this probably means Tom Perez used a bank once) does NOT mean that one is corrupt and in the pocket of big banks.

According to your own standard these things aren't hard evidence. You can't demand from the others a hand-written confession while you slander people with nothing more than innuendo and conjecture.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #382 on: October 22, 2019, 07:56:02 PM »

All of this is meaningless, since the NYT had some shoddy reporting and if you listen to her actual remarks, she said that the right was pushing Tulsi Gabbard as a third-party foil to the Democratic nominee.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #383 on: October 22, 2019, 08:59:08 PM »

All of this is meaningless, since the NYT had some shoddy reporting and if you listen to her actual remarks, she said that the right was pushing Tulsi Gabbard as a third-party foil to the Democratic nominee.

Which is certainly true.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #384 on: October 23, 2019, 12:21:17 AM »

You guys pick on the loosest straws imaginable.  Being "at ease" with Wall Street, or "friendly" with banks (according to The Intercept, so this probably means Tom Perez used a bank once) does NOT mean that one is corrupt and in the pocket of big banks.

According to your own standard these things aren't hard evidence. You can't demand from the others a hand-written confession while you slander people with nothing more than innuendo and conjecture.

Stop dodging.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #385 on: October 23, 2019, 01:07:16 AM »

How is this dodging? You said we stop accusing Gabbard of being a Russian asset because there is no evidence for that. And yet you accuse Clinton of being a stooge for Wall Street based on nothing more than assumptions and speculations.
You can't have one standard for a politician and another for someone else.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #386 on: October 23, 2019, 02:42:56 AM »

Huh? Hillary did in fact call Gabbard a Russian asset.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #387 on: October 23, 2019, 02:49:05 AM »

I listened to the actual interview. She said the GOP was propping her up to be a third party.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #388 on: October 23, 2019, 02:53:39 AM »

I listened to the actual interview. She said the GOP was propping her up to be a third party.

I listened to it too, and she mentioned Russia supporting Gabbard, and then went on to say that Stein is *also* a Russian asset.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #389 on: October 23, 2019, 03:06:54 AM »

I listened to it too, and she mentioned Russia supporting Gabbard, and then went on to say that Stein is *also* a Russian asset.

Fair enough. My points still stand, but that's a debate for another thread.

FWIW, Clinton's spokesperson admitted that she meant Gabbard.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #390 on: October 23, 2019, 07:27:35 PM »

I'm wondering why he has not dropped out with his health problems
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #391 on: October 23, 2019, 07:33:59 PM »

If CC Sabathia can pitch a full season of baseball after getting a stent without further heart problems, Bernie Sanders will be fine.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #392 on: October 24, 2019, 12:30:39 PM »

Fit as a Bull Moose.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #393 on: October 25, 2019, 06:15:10 PM »

Yall foolish if you think bernies done multiple polls have shown him massively on the rise since the latest debate closing back in on second place
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #394 on: October 26, 2019, 03:22:14 PM »

Yall foolish if you think bernies done multiple polls have shown him massively on the rise since the latest debate closing back in on second place

Polls only matter when Sanders is not doing well, as we all know.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #395 on: October 26, 2019, 03:47:27 PM »

Polls only matter when Sanders is not doing well, as we all know.
Literally not a single poster has ever said this.
OkThen

Political Matrix
E: -2.32, S: 0.35

« Reply #396 on: October 26, 2019, 08:14:03 PM »

I found this answer he gave at the Justice Forum a little bizarre...

Cinemark

« Reply #397 on: October 26, 2019, 08:26:40 PM »

That was a terrible answer.
TWTown
GhostOfHuey
United States

« Reply #398 on: October 26, 2019, 10:31:59 PM »

Well in some related news, Bernie is holding a rally in Minneapolis on November 3rd. I figured I’d attend since he probably won’t be back to Minnesota for a while.
TWTown
GhostOfHuey
United States

« Reply #399 on: October 26, 2019, 10:35:02 PM »

I concur, I kinda groaned watching that video. I still believe his criminal justice ideas are the best for not just African Americans but also all Americans.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies