Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 05:55:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 130381 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: October 21, 2019, 05:45:37 PM »

This is disqualifying.

Beto, Yang, and Williamson also defended Gabbard. It's disqualifying to be one of the hacks who thinks Hillary's comments were fine.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #351 on: October 21, 2019, 05:48:25 PM »

This is disqualifying.

This alone could get me back on the Bern train. The attacks against Tulsi are disgusting, disingenuous and without merit.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #352 on: October 21, 2019, 05:55:32 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2019, 06:35:10 PM by Beet »

I think people are taking this to mean Hillary said that Tulsi somehow aligns herself with Russia over the US, but what she really seemed to mean is that the Russians are rooting for her and would be happy if she was a third party spoiler for Trump. If so, this would be one of many things Hillary has said in her career that have been misinterpreted.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #353 on: October 21, 2019, 06:27:29 PM »

This is disqualifying.

At least Neera Tanden (who's actually had the best take on the Tulsi issue, fwiw) et al came at Beto with the same energy as Bernie.
James Monroe

« Reply #354 on: October 21, 2019, 07:24:12 PM »

This is disqualifying.

This alone could get me back on the Bern train. The attacks against Tulsi are disgusting, disingenuous and without merit.

There is plenty of empirical evidence that Tulsi has been supported by Russian bots.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #355 on: October 21, 2019, 07:26:18 PM »

This is disqualifying.

There is plenty of empirical evidence that Tulsi has been supported by Russian bots.

That doesn't mean its appropriate to call Tulsi a Russian Asset just for ing Bots on twitter?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #356 on: October 21, 2019, 08:03:06 PM »

This is disqualifying.

But it's a fact she's supported by foreign powers....

adamevans
United States

« Reply #357 on: October 21, 2019, 09:12:02 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2019, 09:31:41 PM by Barron »

Bernie released a new ad today: https://youtu.be/0-GFlD1aiGs

Simply put: this is the type of campaign he needs to run. If you haven’t seen Matt Orfaela’s Bernie Sanders ad, I recommend you watch i because it perfectly articulates how Bernie should be positioning his messaging.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #358 on: October 21, 2019, 10:31:49 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2019, 02:37:24 AM by Speaker YE »

Shadows, what is your opinion of General Michael Flynn?

As a reminder, he was being paid by Russian state companies, was extremely close to major Russian diplomats and oligarchs, sat next to Putin at the RT gala, and alarmed intelligence agents both in America and in allied nations with his closeness to Russia, including a woman who was a Russian intelligence agent; several Obama administration officials including Sally Yates believed he was compromised by Russia.  Flynn was forced out of his NSA role due to investigations into his Russian connections and conversations with Sergei Kislyak.  He refused to hand over related documents to Mueller unless he was granted immunity in the Russia probe.

On top of that, he was hired by the Turkish government to concoct a scheme to kidnap Fethullah Gulen and bring him to Turkey.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #359 on: October 21, 2019, 10:56:10 PM »

I see the anti-Bernie grifters on Atlas are at it again. Remember kids, it's okay to stand up for Tulsi if you're an establishment darling like Beto or Pete.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #360 on: October 21, 2019, 11:06:43 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2019, 02:39:15 AM by Speaker YE »

Disgusting language. I'll believe the former Secretary of State who called the shenanigans in 2016 over some rando on the internet.

I see the anti-Bernie grifters on Atlas are at it again. Remember kids, it's okay to stand up for Tulsi if you're an establishment darling like Beto or Pete.
Pete and Beto are disqualified in my view also. I know you thought you had a gotcha but no. Hillary didn't even say Tulsi's name and she has you all in a tailspin. Some of you all are so clouded by your hatred of Hillary Clinton that you can't see the facts smacking you in the face.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #361 on: October 21, 2019, 11:07:57 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2019, 02:39:55 AM by Speaker YE »

Disgusting language. I'll believe the former Secretary of State who called the shenanigans in 2016 over some rando on the internet.

It's still a batsh**t crazy conspiracy theory no matter how powerful of a person pushes the lie. I've had quite enough of "moderates" who have completely insane views.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #362 on: October 21, 2019, 11:11:34 PM »

There's a certain Democratic poster from Georgia on this site named after a 1968 presidential candidate who tends to make obscenely uninformed posts. But I mean, I'm not naming any names here, so nobody should take offense, right?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #363 on: October 21, 2019, 11:12:46 PM »

There's a certain Democratic poster from Georgia on this site named after a 1968 presidential candidate who tends to make obscenely uninformed posts. But I mean, I'm not naming any names here, so nobody should take offense, right?
Yawn.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #364 on: October 21, 2019, 11:29:05 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2019, 11:34:01 PM by gay gay gay bathhouses »

Pete and Beto are disqualified in my view also. I know you thought you had a gotcha but no. Hillary didn't even say Tulsi's name and she has you all in a tailspin. Some of you all are so clouded by your hatred of Hillary Clinton that you can't see the facts smacking you in the face.

Good. That's all I needed to hear.

Even then, your gotcha's about as good as mine was. The Russians aren't exactly chomping at the bit to support Warren or Harris or Klobuchar or even Williamson. Hillary Clinton isn't stupid. Your idol knew what she was doing here and who she was talking about.

You should know by my posts that I'm not a Gabbard person. If the HIGOP was a functioning party, she and her father would be key figures in it. I even said I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary's theory turned out to be true. Then again, considering you're trying to pretend Hillary wasn't taking shots at Tulsi, you're being deliberately obtuse to try and land a punch.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #365 on: October 22, 2019, 12:13:07 AM »

I don't think anyone is disqualified for "standing up" for Tulsi.  Hillary already took one for the team by calling her out.  Nobody else has anything to gain from joining the pile-on.  It's already now going to be really awkward if+when Tulsi runs third-party, and she'll be getting extra scrutiny every time she has yet another shady pro-Russian-imperialism moment.

The difference between Pete/Beto and Bernie is that Pete isn't currently paying Tulsi Gabbard to be a "fellow" in the "Buttigieg Institute", Beto's campaign chair hasn't advocated for Tulsi to be his VP nominee, and when Pete loses he probably will not tolerate Tulsi scurrying all over Fox/Breitbart/RT to use his loss as prime evidence of DNC corruption.  Or at least, if she does do that, he won't then allow her to speak for him at the convention.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #366 on: October 22, 2019, 12:14:37 AM »

I don't think anyone is disqualified for "standing up" for Tulsi.  Hillary already took one for the team by calling her out.  Nobody else has anything to gain from joining the pile-on.  It's already now going to be really awkward if+when Tulsi runs third-party, and she'll be getting extra scrutiny every time she has yet another shady pro-Russian-imperialism moment.

The difference between Pete/Beto and Bernie is that Pete isn't currently paying Tulsi Gabbard to be a "fellow" in the "Buttigieg Institute", Beto's campaign chair hasn't advocated for Tulsi to be his VP nominee, and when Pete loses he probably will not tolerate Tulsi scurrying all over Fox/Breitbart/RT to use his loss as prime evidence of DNC corruption.  Or at least, if she does do that, he won't then allow her to speak for him at the convention.

You make a lot of assumptions.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #367 on: October 22, 2019, 12:56:57 AM »

Just because somebody puts on a uniform doesn't mean they can't be a bad person. Shame on Bernie for saying something so outrageous.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #368 on: October 22, 2019, 01:46:29 AM »
« Edited: October 22, 2019, 02:17:42 AM by gay gay gay bathhouses »

We're not talking about Bernie's ties to Tulsi. Beto and Tulsi were friends in Congress, and Pete and Tulsi are linked from the veteran bloc. They're certainly more tenuous than Bernie's, but largely irrelevant to the conversation. We're talking about whether Tulsi is a Manchurian candidate, and we're talking about whether or not Centrist Atlas is concern trolling to dunk on Bernie.

I'd like to have a nice conversation about the merits of Tulsi Gabbard without bad-faith actors holding a 4-year grudge.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #369 on: October 22, 2019, 02:15:53 AM »

Even then, your gotcha's about as good as mine was. The Russians aren't exactly chomping at the bit to support Warren or Harris or Klobuchar or even Williamson. Hillary Clinton isn't stupid. Your idol knew what she was doing here and who she was talking about.

You should know by my posts that I'm not a Gabbard person. If the HIGOP was a functioning party, she and her father would be key figures in it. I even said I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary's theory turned out to be true. Then again, considering you're trying to pretend Hillary wasn't taking shots at Tulsi, you're being deliberately obtuse to try and land a punch.
Hillary Clinton is not my idol. I’m not being obtuse. Hillary Clinton did not say her name and the response from Gabbard and the people defending her has been unhinged. And acting like she’s above reproach because she’s in the army is a very interesting response from the leftists who despise the military any other day. LOL. Glad we agree that there could be some semblance to truth to what Secretary Clinton said. Most of Atlas is pretending that she’s spouting stuff she pulled out of her ass because they have rage boners for her. What she’s talking about is well documented and not far fetched at all.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #370 on: October 22, 2019, 02:21:47 AM »

Even if she was Putin's fiercest critic, no serious Democrat should touch Gabbard with a ten foot pole. Her record makes Joe Manchin look like a hippie and the fact that self-professed progressives adore her so much is very telling about their agenda and priorities.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #371 on: October 22, 2019, 03:30:56 AM »

Hillary Clinton is not my idol. I’m not being obtuse. Hillary Clinton did not say her name and the response from Gabbard and the people defending her has been unhinged. And acting like she’s above reproach because she’s in the army is a very interesting response from the leftists who despise the military any other day. LOL. Glad we agree that there could be some semblance to truth to what Secretary Clinton said. Most of Atlas is pretending that she’s spouting stuff she pulled out of her ass because they have rage boners for her. What she’s talking about is well documented and not far fetched at all.

I can't unsee what I've seen. I personally think she's more of a Trump plant (and if she loses her primary I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she outright endorsed him over Biden/Warren), but I'm not going to bash Hillary here for her rationale. Even if she was your idol, I wouldn't blame you.

I don't really see whether or not she brought up Tulsi by name as relevant, considering she's the only female Democrat promoted by Russia. It's a bit strange to acknowledge what Hillary's talking about while trying to say Hillary Clinton could have meant someone else. There's simply nothing there with the other female candidates.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #372 on: October 22, 2019, 03:42:46 AM »

Look buddy, it'd be one thing if Clinton had produced evidence. I'll wait for a couple of months.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #373 on: October 22, 2019, 03:45:48 AM »

Look buddy, it'd be one thing if Clinton had produced evidence. I'll wait for a couple of months.

Saint Bernie has accused Democratic leadership of being in the pocket of Wall Street.
Has he any evidence for that?
bilaps
« Reply #374 on: October 22, 2019, 04:47:34 AM »

The most stupid thing in all of this is vast majority of democrats thinking the votes for Jill Stein were stolen from them, like they own those votes. It's not yours, you morons it's people's votes. So Hillary lost cause some people in WI voted third party. Stupid two party system got you all confused with how democracy works.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies