Oh boy! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:14:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Oh boy! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which desperate spin is your preferred spin?
Antisemitism in Lincoln is none of Truman's d*mn business

Truman is the real antisemite for invading Kansas

Truman is an illiterate b*stard

What about Adam Griffin?

In the words of Ronald Reagan, Mr. Senator North Carolina Yankee, PPT, there you go again

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Oh boy!  (Read 3542 times)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: September 05, 2019, 10:48:47 AM »

If opposing the right's ultra-fandom with Israel is anti-semitic, so be it. Thr is still worse.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 11:22:59 AM »

If opposing the right's ultra-fandom with Israel is anti-semitic, so be it. Thr is still worse.
The BDS movement is far more anti-Semitic than a few out of context screenshots. The fact that you openly support it speaks volumes about your views...

I simply support free speech, which that bill was against. Whether such a vote is pro-Israel or Anti-Israel is incidental.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 01:22:14 PM »

Well, it's nice to see that the ACP (Atlas Communist Party) does not agree with the free market and free enterprise anymore. Welcome to the resistance comrades Tongue

Now seriously, that is a huge leap of faith. BDS should absolutely be condemned, but that bill goes beyond that. As I said back when this was proposed regionally in the South (and defeated, though I believe it got adopted by the next session of the CoD):

This bill seems like a threat to business liberties right? The southern region and all governments in it should be free to do business with whoever they want  (or more likely, with whichever contractor offers the best deal). If a pro-BDS company happens to be the one offering the best deal to the government, then so be it.  

I want only the best from government contracts. A business' political positions may be absolutely deplorable, but that doesn't mean they should not be hired based on that.

If the government was ordering a cake, and the best cake seller was a bakery who didn't want to sell wedding cakes to homosexual couples (as is the classic example for another similar-ish issue), should the government look for another bakery?

Government workers (and in some cases, government contractors) are almost always held to a higher standard when working for/with the federal government.

I absolutely support free speech (as does my party), however, if someone chooses to work for and do business with the federal government, that comes with an understanding that they cannot, and should not, express certain political beliefs. If they can't handle that, nothing stops them from working or doing business elsewhere.

As was said in the debate thread, you might have a point if your bill was only about defense contracts. But applying such an anti-speech policy to all federal contracts is in fact a sign of being against free speech.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 05:26:10 PM »

All this thread has really done is show why 80% of Atlasians see Fhtagn as an HP.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 05:32:40 PM »

All this thread has really done is show why 80% of Atlasians see Fhtagn as an HP.

Most of Atlasia, including those within your own party, don't even like or trust you lmao

Atlasia is basically divided 50-50 on me. You're right, it's not great, but you're doing far worse.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 06:13:29 PM »

All I can say is that I don't know what was going through my head when I voted for your presidency in Oct '17, and it shall be something I'll always regret.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies