Oh boy!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:19:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Oh boy!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Poll
Question: Which desperate spin is your preferred spin?
Antisemitism in Lincoln is none of Truman's d*mn business

Truman is the real antisemite for invading Kansas

Truman is an illiterate b*stard

What about Adam Griffin?

In the words of Ronald Reagan, Mr. Senator North Carolina Yankee, PPT, there you go again

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Oh boy!  (Read 3494 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 02, 2019, 04:36:09 PM »

It's your choose, Lincoln.

At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 05:03:55 PM »

Plays the world's tiniest violin
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 05:09:23 PM »

Don't forget to vote!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 05:16:20 PM »

I don't disavow any of those comments. I'll give context and people can decide for themselves.

(1) This was in the middle of a conversation about jewish people. Others in the server where that was posted think jewish people are a problem, I don't think they are. I think all wealthy people are a problem. I am anti-wealth.

(2) An Islamic China would be world ending. This isn't controversial. I don't approve of their methods, but they have prevented religion from taking over their state. Theocracy is bad.

(3) Things happen when you have a lot of people concentrated in one place. This is why we need to combat balkanization and focus on integration. In a large country, you will not eliminate gun violence.

1) The concept "The Jewish issue" or "the jewish question" is a concept most commonly associated with neo-nazi and similar other antisemitic discussion places. So why would you even mention it in the first place? Where exactly were you that that the concept of "The jewish issue" was being discussed? And why would Jewish people be an issue to be debated in the first place?

2) What the hell does "sniffing out moslems" even mean? Do muslims need to be sniffed out? And then what is done? Also; China is a huge country of 1.4 billion people; of which approximately 18 million or 1.3% are muslim. Needless to say, an Islamic China isn't happening any time soon.

3) That is most certainly not what that comment means. Thr, you know fully well I am not an "open borders, let everyone in" person and that I am (arguably) one of the more conservative members of the Labor party on immigration and that I fully insist integration is needed for all immigrants.

However, that comment and your "explanation" have nothing to do with each other. Your comment implies that there is no way people of other races can ever be integrated without violence, which is pretty much the opposite of trying to integrate people. How can you defend integrating (non-white) immigrants if you think violence is a reality of multiracial society?

I will also add that there are plenty of people from different races that have lived in Atlasia since hundreds of years. Atlasia has never been a racially homogenous country in its history to my knowledge. So how knowing that, how is a multiracial society and violence related to immigration?
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 05:18:39 PM »

My choice is Other.
This doesn't seem related to Lincoln. I try to avoid importing things from out of the boards into the Atlasia boards.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 05:21:46 PM »

I hope I am misreading parts of this thread, because my understanding of the first three replies is that they are defending this. These posts should not be defended.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 05:22:48 PM »

I see Truman is hard at work creating meaningless drama to distract people from the fact that our President doesn't keep his promises.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2019, 05:23:59 PM »

I hope I am misreading parts of this thread, because my understanding of the first three replies is that they are defending this. These posts should not be defended.

And my understanding of the ninth reply is the same. That is concerning.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 05:32:02 PM »

“Well, ACKTUALLY Truman, it you look at the stats, despite being only 13% of the population...”
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2019, 05:35:03 PM »

Labor leadership is working hard today!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2019, 05:48:01 PM »

1) The concept "The Jewish issue" or "the jewish question" is a concept most commonly associated with neo-nazi and similar other antisemitic discussion places. So why would you even mention it in the first place? Where exactly were you that that the concept of "The jewish issue" was being discussed? And why would Jewish people be an issue to be debated in the first place?
That is not my terminology, I was responding to somebody else's comment, which was itself a response to a tweet:

https://i.imgur.com/Z6m0IGb.png[/img]
https://i.imgur.com/RIQ0Hzh.png[/img]

2) What the hell does "sniffing out moslems" even mean? Do muslims need to be sniffed out? And then what is done? Also; China is a huge country of 1.4 billion people; of which approximately 18 million or 1.3% are muslim. Needless to say, an Islamic China isn't happening any time soon.
It was in reference to the Chinese detention camps. I oppose any sort of violence, including that measure, but I oppose theocracy as well. Religious fundamentalism of any sort is vile. Here is the context for that quote:

https://i.imgur.com/3cOp5Ry.png[/img]

3) That is most certainly not what that comment means. Thr, you know fully well I am not an "open borders, let everyone in" person and that I am (arguably) one of the more conservative members of the Labor party on immigration and that I fully insist integration is needed for all immigrants.

However, that comment and your "explanation" have nothing to do with each other. Your comment implies that there is no way people of other races can ever be integrated without violence, which is pretty much the opposite of trying to integrate people. How can you defend integrating (non-white) immigrants if you think violence is a reality of multiracial society?

Except it is. The quote is a response from Audman, and I replied to his query affirmatively when he asked why there isn't violence in white areas (there is):

https://i.imgur.com/pgcWQV5.png[/img]

I will also add that there are plenty of people from different races that have lived in Atlasia since hundreds of years. Atlasia has never been a racially homogenous country in its history to my knowledge. So how knowing that, how is a multiracial society and violence related to immigration?
I am a nationalist, but I resent ethnonationalists. All Americans have the right to live happy and freely in the USA, and all Atlasians have the right to live and work happy in Atlasia and their regions.

1) No it was not responding to someone's comment or a tweet. You were the first to use the term "jewish issue". That tweet did not mention it and Eharding didn't either (ironically, Eharding, who was banned from Atlas for controversial statements, somehow appears to be the "lesser evil" based off that screenshot)

Especially egrerious now that I notice is the part where you don't know where you fall on "the Jewish issue". How can you put both sides of that "Jewish question" (to the extent that it should even exist) as equals?

2) Well, the exact screenshot Truman posted is nowhere to be found in the "context", so either Truman altered it (I doubt it) or you deleted part of the evidence. No one in that conversation mentioned China until you did.

So I am not content with that explanation. And even if it was a genuine deletion based on regret on your side, why not condemn your own affirmation? Rectifying one's mistakes and saying sorry for dumb comments is what truly wise people do.

3) Again the context doesn't exactly exonerate you. I still fail to see the link between the 3 concepts of a multiracial society, immigration and gun violence. In fact I would argue you were the one to bring race into the mix, as the conversation before was about immigration (and while there is a link between race and immigration it's most definitely not a 1:1 correlation)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 05:53:01 PM »

I can't and won't police Discord, but if those posts were on the board I would probably infract at least two.

There is a debate to be had on whether Discord stuff - unrelated to Atlasia - should be posted here for partisan purposes or as a hit job, but I would caution (personally, moderation aside) against downplaying or minimizing anti-semitism or islamophobia, even in this context.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2019, 05:55:13 PM »

I'm pretty sure I've seen Truman at least once or twice complain about discord related drama and not wanting it involved in Atlasia. Yet here he is...
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2019, 05:57:40 PM »

I'm pretty sure I've seen Truman at least once or twice complain about discord related drama and not wanting it involved in Atlasia. Yet here he is...

What would Atlasia be without the Discord drama and the outrage! Tongue
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2019, 05:58:33 PM »

What would Atlasia be without the Discord drama and the faux outrage! Tongue

FTFY
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 06:39:14 PM »

These are reprehensible comments and Mr. Thr should apologize
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2019, 06:56:07 PM »

Well, many of the people from 2017 thought the right wing then was evil, but at least it wasn't actually true. The right has truly gone to sh(it) much like in real life!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2019, 07:04:38 PM »

Your exculpatory evidence is that you’re friends with Eharding?
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2019, 07:12:27 PM »

It's actually corny how you guys use discord to score atlasia points. Like you have to be a special kind of loser in real life to do some type of sht like this.

Anyways, back to atlasia mode:

Bad comments are bad comments.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2019, 07:14:11 PM »

It's actually corny how you guys use discord to score atlasia points. Like you have to be a special kind of loser in real life to do some type of sht like this.

uh in real life anything online is often leaked and used in ads

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2019, 07:14:29 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2019, 07:28:37 PM by Devout Centrist »

Yes, who among us doesn’t make friends with stalkers, racists, and incels?

What the hell is wrong with you?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2019, 07:14:37 PM »

It shouldn't be that hard for people to condemn obviously racist comments and beliefs, and then reach the reasonable conclusion that someone who thinks and says those things shouldn't hold public office and represent the people of Lincoln.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2019, 07:16:40 PM »

Nice to see that E-nazi is alive and well, brainwashing impressionable teenagers and vulnerable, disillusioned young men alike.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2019, 07:35:11 PM »

This isn't real life. None of us have any real power
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2019, 07:38:07 PM »

This isn't real life. None of us have any real power

yet

The armies of atlas shall rise, and come out triumphant against the warlords of America!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies