MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:31:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 55
Author Topic: MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins  (Read 67974 times)
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: July 31, 2020, 12:25:24 PM »

Not to brag or anything but being the obvious Kennedy supporter on this forum - I’m the only one that was convinced Markey is in the lead and many (Markey supporters ironically) doubted that claim.

Well here it is...

Really disheartening to see. Can’t see this changing much.
Upstater
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -4.00

P P
« Reply #501 on: July 31, 2020, 05:47:20 PM »

Not to brag or anything but being the obvious Kennedy supporter on this forum - I’m the only one that was convinced Markey is in the lead and many (Markey supporters ironically) doubted that claim.

Well here it is...

I'm getting the feeling that you think Kennedy is out after one poll.  There's a long way until the primary is over.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #502 on: July 31, 2020, 06:28:25 PM »

Latest MA-Sen Poll from JMC Analytics:

Markey - 40
Kennedy - 36
Undecided - 24

Leans among undecideds:

Markey - 44
Kennedy - 41
Pure undecided - 16

Markey is leading in Middlesex, Essex, Boston proper, and narrowly in Plymouth (surprisingly), while Kennedy is leading in Norfolk, SE Mass, and even slightly in Western Mass

You love to see it.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #503 on: August 01, 2020, 04:49:16 AM »

Well here it is...

I'm getting the feeling that you think Kennedy is out after one poll.  There's a long way until the primary is over.

The trajectory of this thing is clear.

JK3 has to really asses his future here. If you can’t win as a Kennedy in Massachusetts against ED MARKEY who this state has begging to replace with a competent Democrat since the day he stepped into the role - What future do you really have?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #504 on: August 01, 2020, 05:00:44 AM »

Ironically if this race was in 2018 I actually think Kennedy would have had a much better shot at winning.

Obviously difficult to tell when I'm not in MA & Covid plays a role but I feel that there just isn't as much willingness or energy to rock the boat rn.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #505 on: August 01, 2020, 07:07:07 AM »

JKIII big mistake was not taking the why are you running thing head on

He should be saying:

“Yes I’m a Kennedy. I’m proud my grandfather is Robert Lennedy. I’m proud my great uncle is President John F Kennedy. I’m proud of how much my family has accomplished in the realm of public service. I’m not shying from that. Do I think that means this seat is my birth right? Absolutely not. It belongs to the people and I have to earn that vote on my own not based on who I’m related too. I run because while I might agree with many same policies as Ed Markey, his execution and effort has left a lot to be desired. I have the motivation and the dedication to be in this state not just when an election rolls around”
EastAnglianLefty

« Reply #506 on: August 01, 2020, 09:13:11 AM »

Not being able to give a coherent answer when asked why you're running is, to be fair, traditional for a Kennedy.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #507 on: August 01, 2020, 10:18:47 AM »

Well here it is...

JK3 has to really asses his future here. If you can’t win as a Kennedy in Massachusetts against ED MARKEY who this state has begging to replace with a competent Democrat since the day he stepped into the role - What future do you really have?

Jesus christ, we get it: you (irrationally) hate Ed Markey. That doesn't mean the state of Massachusetts hates Ed Markey. If they did, he wouldn't even have the opportunity to lead in this poll against a relatively popular member of Massachusetts' royalty. If they did, they wouldn't have re-elected him in 2014, elected him in 2013, & sent him to the House 20 times before that. The state isn't begging for Ed Markey to be replaced with a competent Democrat because he already IS a competent Democrat.

The only people begging for it are JKIII & his fan-club (i.e. you), & because the rest of the state doesn't tend to agree with that sense of entitlement (i.e. not only thinking that JKIII is the only Democrat who deserves to replace Markey, but that MA should somehow be grateful that he's offering himself to replace Markey, even though MA doesn't think Markey's done anything wrong, Markey doesn't wanna leave, & they don't seemingly want him to leave yet either), you're not being rewarded for the unnecessary begging.

And please, for all your bowing-down before this practical dynasty, you really seem super-ready to write them off the instant they lose an election that they weren't anywhere near guaranteed to win (let alone practically entitled to win, as you seem to think they were) in the first place.

Losing one primary as a challenger is hardly a death sentence, especially for a Kennedy in Massachusetts. Not only is the guy young & evidently driven by pure ambition, but again, he's still a Kennedy in Massachusetts, so even if he f**ks up this time, you'll end up giving him a 2nd chance a few years from now, be it for Warren's Senate seat (even though it'd be an even harder primary against Pressley) when it's open, or Governor when Baker leaves.
voice_of_resistance
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.34, S: 5.22

« Reply #508 on: August 01, 2020, 10:42:07 AM »

Well here it is...

Jesus christ, we get it: you (irrationally) hate Ed Markey. That doesn't mean the state of Massachusetts hates Ed Markey. If they did, he wouldn't even have the opportunity to lead in this poll against a relatively popular member of Massachusetts' royalty. If they did, they wouldn't have re-elected him in 2014, elected him in 2013, & sent him to the House 20 times before that. The state isn't begging for Ed Markey to be replaced with a competent Democrat because he already IS a competent Democrat.

The only people begging for it are JKIII & his fan-club (i.e. you), & because the rest of the state doesn't tend to agree with that sense of entitlement (i.e. not only thinking that JKIII is the only Democrat who deserves to replace Markey, but that MA should somehow be grateful that he's offering himself to replace Markey, even though MA doesn't think Markey's done anything wrong, Markey doesn't wanna leave, & they don't seemingly want him to leave yet either), you're not being rewarded for the unnecessary begging.

And please, for all your bowing-down before this practical dynasty, you really seem super-ready to write them off the instant they lose an election that they weren't anywhere near guaranteed to win (let alone practically entitled to win, as you seem to think they were) in the first place.

Losing one primary as a challenger is hardly a death sentence, especially for a Kennedy in Massachusetts. Not only is the guy young & evidently driven by pure ambition, but again, he's still a Kennedy in Massachusetts, so even if he f**ks up this time, you'll end up giving him a 2nd chance a few years from now, be it for Warren's Senate seat (even though it'd be an even harder primary against Pressley) when it's open, or Governor when Baker leaves.

Yeah, Idk what Millenial Moderate is on, but us here in the MA-05 (formerly MA-07) sent Markey to Congress over 20 times. Clearly he's doing something right if we've sent him there for that long.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #509 on: August 01, 2020, 11:06:22 AM »

He should be saying:

“Yes I’m a Kennedy. I’m proud my grandfather is Robert Lennedy. I’m proud my great uncle is President John F Kennedy. I’m proud of how much my family has accomplished in the realm of public service. I’m not shying from that. Do I think that means this seat is my birth right? Absolutely not. It belongs to the people and I have to earn that vote on my own not based on who I’m related too. I run because while I might agree with many same policies as Ed Markey, his execution and effort has left a lot to be desired. I have the motivation and the dedication to be in this state not just when an election rolls around”

Can you please explain what’s lacking in his “effort” and “execution”?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #510 on: August 01, 2020, 11:08:15 AM »

To shamelessly plug myself on the first page of this thread I said it was difficult to beat an incumbent who isn't ethically comprised or out of step ideologically with regions voters; this is even more so a case on the democratic side.

I mean off the top of my head the last democratic senator to get primaried was Joe Lieberman right?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #511 on: August 01, 2020, 11:27:38 AM »

To shamelessly plug myself on the first page of this thread I said it was difficult to beat an incumbent who isn't ethically comprised or out of step ideologically with regions voters; this is even more so a case on the democratic side.

I mean off the top of my head the last democratic senator to get primaried was Joe Lieberman right?

Arlen Specter
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #512 on: August 01, 2020, 05:05:51 PM »

He should be saying:

Can you please explain what’s lacking in his “effort” and “execution”?

Yeah. You're talking about a guy who's been leading the charge of the environment since the day he entered Congress and co-wrote the GND. Regardless of what you think of his stances, you cannot say he lacks effort.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #513 on: August 03, 2020, 05:44:23 AM »

Pro-Kennedy PAC to launch ad barrage:

MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #514 on: August 03, 2020, 05:54:24 AM »

Not sure I like this. JK3 has a good point the wah Markey was against outside money in other races and now all of a sudden was taking it - It made Markey look like an opportunist and a fraud. So now having PAC’s run ads for you kind of takes away that point.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #515 on: August 03, 2020, 09:24:18 AM »

Not sure I like this. JK3 has a good point the wah Markey was against outside money in other races and now all of a sudden was taking it - It made Markey look like an opportunist and a fraud. So now having PAC’s run ads for you kind of takes away that point.

You can't spell "joke" without "Joe K."
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #516 on: August 03, 2020, 10:50:54 AM »

Schiff endorses Kennedy.
Upstater
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -4.00

P P
« Reply #517 on: August 03, 2020, 10:59:00 AM »

Didn't think Schiff would endorse in this race but here we are.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #518 on: August 03, 2020, 11:44:48 AM »

What’s Schiff said in the past about primary challengers?
Dipper Josh

« Reply #519 on: August 03, 2020, 01:18:27 PM »

Joe Kennedy turning out to be a massive hypocrite? Who could have possibly predicted that besides everyone except you.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #520 on: August 03, 2020, 05:50:35 PM »

Am I alone in thinking that this isn't exactly a good sign for Kennedy?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #521 on: August 04, 2020, 03:56:05 AM »

Arlen Specter

Arlen Specter was like Representative Michael Forbes and never won a Democratic nomination ever.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #522 on: August 04, 2020, 04:17:22 AM »

Am I alone in thinking that this isn't exactly a good sign for Kennedy?

Nope
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #523 on: August 04, 2020, 10:35:12 AM »

Next they just need to send in FDR Jnr....

Jokes aside this race is a fascinating example of the importance that national campaign groups give you over random hill endorsements.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #524 on: August 04, 2020, 02:26:54 PM »

Let's go Joe
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 55  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies