House voting on condemnation of Trump's "Go Back To Where You're From"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:42:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  House voting on condemnation of Trump's "Go Back To Where You're From"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: House voting on condemnation of Trump's "Go Back To Where You're From"  (Read 2512 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2019, 12:23:17 PM »

Well, no one can say it’s just Trump anymore. It is now the official position of congressional republicans that it is totally fine to go around telling non-white people to “go back to where they came from.”

Democrats also refused to officially condemn Omar after he duel loyalty comment and many other anti Semitic comments   . So no it’s not only Republicans, it is both parties . Doesn’t excuse the GOP but the Dems aren’t any better .

Remind me how many times the Republican House condemned Steve King, Louis Gohmert, or Allen West for their reprehensible statements.

Republicans voted to  strip Steve King of his committee assignments

They only did that because his racism was too obvious, open, and in-your-face to ignore.  If he had just stuck with more subtle dog whistles like any good Republican would have done, he would have been fine. 

Omar’s bigotry is also obvious, open and too in your face to ignore
No it wasn’t. The Benjamins and duel loyalty stuff while having dog whistling elements to it were in no way shape or form as bad as what King or Trump have said

You are only saying that cause Omar is on the same “team” as you are on
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2019, 11:43:05 PM »

It's very interesting that Katko voted against Trump despite being in a D+3 district. Seems like pressing your luck.

Get him, Conole. Or Misso. All the same to me.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2019, 12:42:45 AM »

Well, no one can say it’s just Trump anymore. It is now the official position of congressional republicans that it is totally fine to go around telling non-white people to “go back to where they came from.”

Democrats also refused to officially condemn Omar after he duel loyalty comment and many other anti Semitic comments   . So no it’s not only Republicans, it is both parties . Doesn’t excuse the GOP but the Dems aren’t any better .

Remind me how many times the Republican House condemned Steve King, Louis Gohmert, or Allen West for their reprehensible statements.

They only did that because his racism was too obvious, open, and in-your-face to ignore.  If he had just stuck with more subtle dog whistles like any good Republican would have done, he would have been fine. 

No it wasn’t. The Benjamins and duel loyalty stuff while having dog whistling elements to it were in no way shape or form as bad as what King or Trump have said

You're projecting.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2019, 01:45:28 AM »

You're projecting.

Wrong , I said in my post it’s not an excuse for the GOP to not condemn Trump.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2019, 01:55:04 AM »

Democrats also refused to officially condemn Omar after he duel loyalty comment and many other anti Semitic comments   . So no it’s not only Republicans, it is both parties . Doesn’t excuse the GOP but the Dems aren’t any better .

Republicans voted to  strip Steve King of his committee assignments

They only did that because his racism was too obvious, open, and in-your-face to ignore.  If he had just stuck with more subtle dog whistles like any good Republican would have done, he would have been fine.  

You're projecting.

Wrong , I said in my post it’s not an excuse for the GOP to not condemn Trump.
That's not exactly how projection works.

If you project your partisanship often, you don't have to be being partisan right at a specific moment in order to project partisanship at that same specific moment.

EDIT - I'm probably being too hard on you. You've been fairly critical of Trump this week.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies