Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:03:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
Author Topic: Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression  (Read 16807 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: September 06, 2020, 02:46:38 PM »
« edited: September 06, 2020, 02:51:33 PM by Ishan »

I love parliamentary systems. The problem is that Atlasia is not real life, 90% of legislators have no initiative, and government by committee inevitably leads to nothing getting done. As a practical matter Frémont needs a strong executive to keep the gears turning or parliament would quickly become impotent and ineffective. Hence the Philly Plan has been an unmitigated disaster that only worked when Peanut ran the government as a de facto first minister; one need only observe the string of failed and ineffective chancellors to understand why selecting the head of government by and from the legislature is a terrible idea.
Well maybe if Labor didn’t PM cookiedamage to vote against Ninja we would have a effective Chancellor.

Given Ninja has hardly ever served a full term in office we quite reasonably do not trust his abilities. Plus of course Labor won the Lincoln ekections and so the people expect that when they vote for a Labor government they will get one.
Please do first preference Ninja0428/1184AZ for President.
Anyway, 100% Endorsed, Ninja will bring fresh leadership and change to Atlasia!
No regrets for voting for you. Best of luck with your future in Atlasia.
Why did you support Ninja in June 2018 then.
He was the Speaker of the House and the Lincoln Assembly and a Deputy President Pro Tempore, so he the abilities to be Chancellor

He served as Speaker for less than a month.
The Chancellor is someone who spent 1 month in the chamber before becoming Chancellor so your point doesn't stand.

You could have avoided this by having the Labor machine abandon cookiedamage (someone who didn't even vote in the election) and supported Wulfric, who ran 3 times who would have made a better Chancellor then N1240.

I feel bad for Wulfric because Labor abandoned him for someone who didn't post in the fantasy boards for a month before swearing in because someone PMed him.

Without someone PMing him, he would have been recalled by now.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #301 on: September 06, 2020, 02:50:39 PM »

I love parliamentary systems. The problem is that Atlasia is not real life, 90% of legislators have no initiative, and government by committee inevitably leads to nothing getting done. As a practical matter Frémont needs a strong executive to keep the gears turning or parliament would quickly become impotent and ineffective. Hence the Philly Plan has been an unmitigated disaster that only worked when Peanut ran the government as a de facto first minister; one need only observe the string of failed and ineffective chancellors to understand why selecting the head of government by and from the legislature is a terrible idea.
Well maybe if Labor didn’t PM cookiedamage to vote against Ninja we would have a effective Chancellor.

Given Ninja has hardly ever served a full term in office we quite reasonably do not trust his abilities. Plus of course Labor won the Lincoln ekections and so the people expect that when they vote for a Labor government they will get one.
He was the Speaker of the House and the Lincoln Assembly and a Deputy President Pro Tempore, so he the abilities to be Chancellor

The Chancellor is someone who spent 1 month in the chamber before becoming Chancellor so your point doesn't stand.

You could have avoided this by having the Labor machine abandon cookiedamage (someone who didn't even vote in the election) and supported Wulfric, who ran 3 times who would have made a better Chancellor then N1240.

You could have made it a lot easier for us if rather than causing chaos, you accepted that the people of Lincoln voted for a Labor government and expected that to be delivered.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #302 on: September 06, 2020, 02:52:38 PM »

I'm sorry that I had my own real problems back then. But I am capable of recognizing when I need to step aside if I can not carry out my duties, unlike many others. However, that was and it still is not that time for me anymore. Nobody else is ever criticized for resigning due to personal reasons, but because I am not your stooge you feel the need to attack me. S019 served as chancellor for one damn day, attempted something illegal, and then resigned for no good reason and created the crisis. Yet I am the one who can't be trusted? Because sometimes I have to put school ahead of this game? Because I suffered from depression for over a year that made me unstable? And don't forget that after resigning from the house I still served in the cabinet and sorted out a budget crisis that congress never bothered to. Your constant personal attacks on me are disgusting. You've been a successful machine politician and apparently have nothing better to do than hold offices in this game, but you lack dignity.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #303 on: September 06, 2020, 02:53:00 PM »

You could have made it a lot easier for us if rather than causing chaos, you accepted that the people of Lincoln voted for a Labor government and expected that to be delivered.
R2D2, the Labor Governor nominated Ninja not a non-Labor Governor.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #304 on: September 06, 2020, 03:12:20 PM »

Your response is inappropriate Ninja. There is a clear pattern of Ninja failing in office. I cannot know his real life issues, but unfortunately it does mean his record in the game is very poor, and so he is not entitled to promotions.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #305 on: September 06, 2020, 03:34:40 PM »

Your response is inappropriate Ninja. There is a clear pattern of Ninja failing in office. I cannot know his real life issues, but unfortunately it does mean his record in the game is very poor, and so he is not entitled to promotions.
Why did you support him for President then in June 2018?

Also, Labor abandoned Wulfric over someone who didn't post in the Fantasy boards for a month before swearing in.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #306 on: September 06, 2020, 03:45:54 PM »

Also, Labor abandoned Wulfric over someone who didn't post in the Fantasy boards for a month before swearing in.

Are you being a troll?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #307 on: September 06, 2020, 03:58:30 PM »

Are you being a troll?
No and I am not intending to be a troll.

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #308 on: September 06, 2020, 04:40:22 PM »

Hence the Philly Plan has been an unmitigated disaster that only worked when Peanut ran the government as a de facto first minister; one need only observe the string of failed and ineffective chancellors to understand why selecting the head of government by and from the legislature is a terrible idea.

Maybe one day someone will actually do something to fix the mess that is Lincoln's current government!
Unfortunately I can only be registered in one region at a time!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #309 on: September 06, 2020, 04:44:01 PM »

Well not exactly, as in the case I described the powers of FM would just go to the Speaker and would be decided exactly the same. This way, the curse of lesser evilism is reduced completely and would empower the voters into being impactful.
I think the best way to empower the voters is to let them chose the head of government directly, but perhaps that's just me. Practical experience disproves the first part of your paragraph, but we won't let facts get in the way of a good story, as Yankee likes to say.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #310 on: September 06, 2020, 04:45:55 PM »

Well not exactly, as in the case I described the powers of FM would just go to the Speaker and would be decided exactly the same. This way, the curse of lesser evilism is reduced completely and would empower the voters into being impactful.
I think the best way to empower the voters is to let them chose the head of government directly, but perhaps that's just me. Practical experience disproves the first part of your paragraph, but we won't let facts get in the way of a good story, as Yankee likes to say.
If only we could let sock-puppetry slide in this one specific instance
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #311 on: September 06, 2020, 05:53:41 PM »

I picked it up from Extra History's youtube series on the crusades.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #312 on: September 07, 2020, 01:20:31 PM »

Not even I saw any of this coming
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #313 on: September 08, 2020, 03:03:16 AM »

As of right now, I’m handing in my resignation as chair of the Green Party, effectively dissolving it. Before any of y’all feel any emotions, hear me out. This is a rant, but I want to establish firstly why the party truly failed and give a warning on the future

Wow, this party went down in a thud instead of a whimper. While I take full blame for the complete collapse of this party, one has to know the full picture of what went on. The cause of its complete collapse, and it is a complete collapse, can be contributed to me not imposing an iron fist from the very beginning.

I’m shrill, it’s not exactly something I’m actually ashamed of. In my anger after leaving laborcord, I obviously wanted to create something of my own so as to actually form a left wing alternative to labor. In doing so, I ate up the crap of others saying I can’t do it on my own. I took this as I myself was a problem, and so looked to operate in the sidelines. I approached Scott (late) after I left to see if he wanted to form a party. That failed, so I waited a bit more hoping to make a comeback. Seeing the then formation of the DA, I wanted to take the opportunity to create a left wing alternative given Labor seemed like it could be beaten in this fractured atmosphere. As Koopa’s former career was stagnant and she was a pretty face to put in front of the camera’s, I approached her. Anyway she left over my (totally right) pragmatism and then I tried getting King T’Chenka as the face. During that time we rebounded and won regional and national representation. All was good...

So let me state that it was my intention to stab FED+DA every single step of the way. It was supposed to happen after the elections, but oh well. There were two strategies that made the most sense, permanent opposition and collusion with Labor. Know that I promised my voters a left wing Congress, so of course these were the only realistic options. The first plan was to let y’all quarrel while we benefitted as a pure party, and I hoped to alienate moderate labor voters enough to make the Green Party obsolete with the second. Of course, then Lakigigar had to f••• it all up.

Let me say that I have deep respect for my friend here, and our success is directly related to him. He got us enough swing voters to win. Let me also say I was shocked that my grade A speech on usurping the left didn’t convince him. Like for love of god, would the PVDA join forces with the Nazis? I should have instituted a hard line instead of letting him choose. Now I PM’d our voters about backstabbing the Feds...yadda yadda...no one reads that sh••. I wasn’t hard enough on making it a party on me, because I was scared about myself. Like seriously, Pericles, no offense, isn’t exactly a pleasant person to be around either (no offense).

All in all, this was fun. I’m actually kind of glad it ended this way. My mental health was collapsing culminating in me getting banned from lokcord, so embarrassing. And honestly, I hated how invested I was into it. This website is amazing, but most interactions I have with people are unpleasant. Getting involved this way blew my top. I already got elected again and robbed Labor of a majority, it was wild. My only regret was permanently killing KoopaDaQuick’s political career.

Alright maggots, here’s what Labor needs to realize. The loss in the recent elections was purely due to Labor was purely based in personality, but policy drove it through. This whole thing was, shocker, driven through my grievances of being denied a house seat. While this seems like an easy kill, it goes deeper.

Other than promising people to take one for a team through bumping them up as regional speaker, a role I would have been fine as taking, Labor has slacked off a bit. I mean the GM is working and we have regional elections, but Labor did get lazy with their wins. Like, when the Feds died is when things really went through. Simple but bold reforms like condemning imperialist action, reigning in the CIA as being a subunit of the DoD, and promoting sustainable development by ending urban sprawl ain’t much really. There was also a criminally underused executive power system.

Like I said, the recent election was a failure on Labor and not the left. In fact this whole thing shows that it took a more moderate party to actually win against Labor along with a left wing splinter. Seeing as they’re doing a regional strategy, Labor should close the door. Why do you think my schtick was supporting government reform. Ultimately, while the future splitters and party runners may not be as competent, you should learn from this on how to kill or start a movement.

I’m still going to enjoy my time in office though
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #314 on: September 08, 2020, 03:15:14 AM »

Welcome to the party. We don't always agree in Labor, but we commit to progress and strive to do the best to represent our constituents and ensure the nation is better off.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #315 on: September 08, 2020, 03:16:47 AM »

I’m taking control for a moment.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #316 on: September 08, 2020, 03:19:12 AM »

Appointment of myself for house
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #317 on: September 08, 2020, 03:21:02 AM »

Lmao!!!!
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #318 on: September 08, 2020, 03:22:36 AM »

As of right now, I’m handing in my resignation as chair of the Green Party, effectively dissolving it.

Unfortunately, at this point you have no authority to appoint yourself. It's also questionable whether you would had the Green Party stayed intact, considering the vacancy is due to a deregistered member of no current party.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #319 on: September 08, 2020, 03:25:20 AM »

As of right now, I’m handing in my resignation as chair of the Green Party, effectively dissolving it.

Unfortunately, at this point you have no authority to appoint yourself. It's also questionable whether you would had the Green Party stayed intact, considering the vacancy is due to a deregistered member of no current party.

Lakigigar deregistered as a green member so his replacement is still appointed by the Greens party chair.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #320 on: September 08, 2020, 03:27:26 AM »

Lakigigar deregistered as a green member so his replacement is still appointed by the Greens party chair.

PSOL resigned as Green Party chair.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #321 on: September 08, 2020, 03:33:00 AM »

Lol nice try dude. I have no clue what the law says is gonna happen now but this ain’t it
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #322 on: September 08, 2020, 03:33:15 AM »

I wonder if it’s possible for Zinneke to take over the party?
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #323 on: September 08, 2020, 03:34:51 AM »

I wonder if it’s possible for Zinneke to take over the party?

Not according to your bylaws.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #324 on: September 08, 2020, 03:43:39 AM »

Based on the party's by-laws, there must be a new election for any officer(s) who have vacated (this includes PSOL, plus any others I'm not aware of):

"Rights and privileges of the party include: voting for party and representative officials for public office"

In fact, this explicitly states that once new officer(s) are elected, the party membership must then choose any replacement for Representative once the executive of the party is chosen.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies