Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:27:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Author Topic: Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression  (Read 16785 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2019, 07:13:44 PM »
« edited: October 23, 2023, 06:20:22 PM by PSOL »

In an incredibly tight vote, I was elected to the Chancellery today. I thank all of my supporters in this momentous occasion. My initial tenure shall be marked with clear professionalism in the office.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 06:09:56 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2019, 11:33:14 AM by PSOL »

Ministers of the current cabinet of Lincoln

Elections: Vacant

Justice: vacant

Interior: Vacant

Created ministries:

(In progress)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 12:42:27 AM »

In my rights as Chancellor of Lincoln, I nominate Councilor PyroTheFox for Lincoln Speaker.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 01:12:46 PM »

It pains me to do it, but I am handing in my resignation as Chancellor of the Region of Lincoln. Personal issues has left me time to deal with only being a mere Councilor. I thank all of my supporters for granting me the position of Chancellor in this pivotal interval of Atlasian history.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 04:18:15 PM »

I am running for my re-election to the Lincoln Council. In doing so, I plan to further aid in crafting legislation for all Atlasians. Such successes include the Taxation Adjustments Act’s equally successful referendum, the Homeless Integration Act, and various amendments made in the current sitting of this council. My other activities outside of my albeit sleepy Chancellory have been the failed Reasonable Gun Control Modifications Act and Intoxicant Screening Reform Act, both failing due to lack of active voting.

Outside the government, I have also had my active presence in the largest representative body of the Working Class, and the largest rank-and-file organization in Atlasia of this time, the A.C.L.O. I revitalized this union as I did with the level of participation and debate as a Councilor of Lincoln.

Voting for me would bring about the same level of quality legislation and civic attentiveness to the constituents you won’t get from other politicians.

So who’s with me?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 10:08:53 PM »

I hope for all of my supporters to keep the dream running in both races I am apart of.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 09:08:21 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2019, 09:37:38 PM by PSOL »

(Speech in Syracuse, NY)

Greetings Lincolners. In light of the current chaos in Atlasia, I hope many can see me as the choice of clarity and sanity. It is likely that Lincoln will be further embroiled in drama of epic proportions once more, and as such, Lincoln must be prepared to weather the crisis, even if that means wading deep into it and pulling the trigger of Peace.

My career so far as a Councilor has been immensely active on the Atlas forums that have held Atlasia. In that time, I have tried to make myself be above the fray of engaging in Discord drama. Also, when I do get sucked into action across platforms, I try to be the hard stick of rationality and a hitter of Peace.

I hope that the people of Atlasia can see that I feel the same way they feel when the s—t that comes out of forced drama impacts Atlasia, and that I try to fix the issues with a proportionate hand. But, as of now Atlasia has covered itself in the excrement of an alien squid after our honorable president and coalition government tempted, and thrown straight into the fan mind you, that very excrement of the attention seeking alien squid. Now I will admit, there has been a bit of our excrement mixed in there, but it is rabbit pellets to the mountain of watery hell with chunky bits that has been emitted by the unholy abyss. It somehow looks overwhelming in its altering non-Euclidian geometries. In short, in all honesty, both sides do not do it in any way similar to make it a comparison. But either way, I usually call out the bs if the ruling coalition warrants one.

So anyway, as I fixed the last crisis by bringing together the actors to bring peace in the face of the Lincoln Defensive Counter Act, I am willing to abort the drama for a bit by menacingly swinging the club of Peace around, half-hoping it doesn’t hit the wrong way, and yet ending the threat the same. Vote for PSOL if you want a force for Atlasia, and specifically for the Region of Lincoln, to end the drama.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 01:00:35 PM »

I am utterly thankful for the people of Lincoln to bring me to another term in this fine congress. I am eager to work in this fresh Council with my glorious Labour members, along with the populists and liberals to create a better Lincoln

On the agenda:
  • Maintaining Lincoln as a secure place, prepared for any drama originating on Discord
  • Dealing with the issue of malnutrition
  • Urban sprawls and liveable cities
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2019, 12:05:14 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2019, 12:08:48 PM by PSOL »

With space being a major issue, I have my own thoughts about it. Namely, while I do think that space exploration is a needed accomplishment for the human race, that shouldn’t mean abandoning Earth or prioritizing space exploration and eventual exploitation over Earthly amenities.

With the exploitation of the stars definitely being a lucrative venture, we must have the laws in place to prevent galactic damage. We need to ensure that any space junk left out there doesn’t pose a long term threat. Some of you may not know this, but the bacteria and viruses on earth have been shown to survive and become mutated in space, and I’d rather not create an insane health scare. Furthermore , the issue of property rights to traveling bodies of matter will be insanely hard to craft.

On settlement, I’m down with it, but again we need laws to prevent A Pandorum situation. With weapon systems being the second major thing installed after nutrient-assuring plants, things could get ugly fast. Another issue is that space could be used as a location for escape for criminals, megalomaniac Techbros, Tax evaders and cranks, and particularly overlapping cultists present in Atlasia. In all seriousness, we need to simultaneously fix the stuff here as we go on with space travel and possible settlement.

On foreign policy, if by some chance we contact extraterrestrial forces, we should have proper guidelines on how to interact with them. I’m 100% in favor of treating sapient and sentient species like regular people in terms of laws and norms; such as with welfare, citizenship, marriage laws, property rights, and anything else we’ve done on this blue marble to foreign powers. For this to be a success, humanity itself must speak with one voice, and said voice must be dictated by a more democratic union of nations then the imbalance present now. Tangentially, such a thought is the same for any host of nonhuman beings, from elves to robots.

In my current position, being a minor Lincoln councilor, I cannot do much. But as a Vice President looking down on a divided (hopefully implemented) parliament, I hope to be the tiebreaker that picks the right choice. Currently, while space travel is supposedly all in the rage, very few of the political establishment actually moves on this venture yet. It has been mostly platitudes and vague statements. That needs to change, and as known about me, I’m the character that looks 50 miles into the future while swinging.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2019, 01:02:43 PM »

I am hoping that the presidential candidates be wise on what’s best for Atlasia.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2019, 08:44:30 PM »

I salutate that those on the left and center appreciate the bill as it stands. No brainer that the obstructionist ACP oppose effective climate-related taxes.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2019, 09:47:33 PM »

It’s election time again in Lincoln. So as of now, I would be accepting any endorsements for another term as councilor.

Endorsements
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2019, 09:59:56 PM »

Endorsed. I can't vote for you.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2019, 10:00:46 PM »

Endorsed!!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2019, 08:56:22 PM »

As my plate has gotten full, I can no longer fully do my duties as an officeholder for the time being. That’s why I’ve decided to not run for re-election and seek other fruitful ventures in a casual fashion. I thank all my supporters for being there when we, together passed bills that improved Lincoln dramatically. It’s time however for me to wrap things up and prepare to give my all to other sectors and places. Stay tuned for more information.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2019, 10:17:29 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2019, 09:26:46 AM by PSOL »

Hello Fremont! I have traveled from the great land of Lincoln to the quaint outskirts of Fremont. I plan to serve this locale well as a member of parliament, and am eager to work with my possible fellow parliamentarians. I first need to prove to the people...

1. That my previous work makes me well prepared to take up the job. As a former Chancellor and current union head, I hope my resume makes me prepared to get things done.
2. That I have the views to lead us forward. In my time as a union chair and in the Lincoln council, I pushed the Overton Window to the left— tackling poverty in Lincoln , correcting discrepancies of income and wealth, standing up to internal and external threats, and being nationally known for my advocacy on nonrenewable fuel taxation.

I am opening up the floor to any questions and concerns the people may have, along with endorsements.

Endorsements:
HenryWallaceVP
Pericles
First Minister Harry S. Truman
Razze
Chancellor S019
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2019, 11:45:08 PM »

Endorsed!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2019, 11:59:49 PM »

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2019, 09:34:14 AM »

Endorsed! PSOL was a great legislator for Lincoln and will make an even greater legislator for Frémont!
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2019, 05:47:55 PM »

Aprobado!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2019, 06:59:34 PM »

Endorsed!!!!!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2019, 12:50:22 PM »

I thank all my voters and endorsements for believing in me to serve the people of this fine region. You’re all great.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2019, 03:38:14 PM »

Greetings Atlasia! It seems like there is finally being work done on fixing Atlasia. Many of the game mechanics have been left to degrade in the tenure of GM Mr. Reactionary, and the grand Labor party has moved to cut the do-nothing GM loose.

I can say from experience that Mr. Reactionary has been inactive for long enough in his post. For my initial tenure as chair of Atlasia’s fine union, he has pushed off or ignored most of my directives for this game, seemingly pushing off all the work on his deputies. When I tried to then ask him to get my messages to the deputies he has employed, all of them said that they haven’t heard a peep from him.

There has to be some sense of results from all the policy being passed, much less the discord drama threatening a crisis, that permeates this game. Now, Atlasia would understand the inactivity if the man would say he’s busy with personal concerns, but alas, he has the worse communication response time.

It’s time to move to Aktion in this game, and of course I’m happy to see Labour fight against reactionary’s fails
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2020, 10:48:58 PM »

Hello Fremont! Election time is around the corner, and while I hastily set up something to get elected show my accomplishments in Fremont below, I’d like to give a reason for my lack of activity late last year. Due to the holidays and work, I could only be available to vote on amendments. I hope my uptick of activity and legislative accomplishments is enough to get your vote!

Since 2020 began, I have been especially active in debate and providing my own input to legislation. Under my recent tenure, I along with my colleagues in Fremont have created a more prosperous region where it counts. I hope to get your vote, and am opening up the floor for questions, concerns, statements, and endorsements. Glory to this beautiful land.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2020, 10:59:13 AM »

Endorsed!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to: