Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:08:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Author Topic: Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression  (Read 16826 times)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: July 30, 2020, 04:05:11 PM »
« edited: July 30, 2020, 04:11:07 PM by Sev »

Endorsed!

"labor aristocratic party"
I appreciate the choice of "aristocratic" instead of "elitist" because the second sounds too much like far-right lingo.

I might have gone with "oligarchical" myself, but "aristocratic" works too.
No need to remind you that you owe all your atlasian career to me and to Truman. I guess you were fine with this "oligarchic" party then

Uhm. This shows a lack of respect towards other members. What HenryWallaceVP accomplished, is something he did by himself. Everyone has his own choice and opinion. It's not that hard to understand. You prove that Labor is all about taking positions, offering them to people and make them obey the party leadership. Pretty much a textbook case of a dictatorial one party state [biwhere everrything you accomplished is by obeying party leadership. You alwayd owe the dictator something. If you fail to obey you'll be put in a prison camp[/b]. I say no to such a society.

I feel that I am proof that isn't true at all. I'm independent-minded and even left Labor at one point. I've never been told to vote a certain way by anyone in Labor. If you are committed to a progressive agenda, then you should have no problem with or working with the Labor Party.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2020, 04:10:24 PM »

I don't think Laki knows what a "dictatorship" is.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #277 on: July 30, 2020, 04:46:42 PM »

Endorsed!

I appreciate the choice of "aristocratic" instead of "elitist" because the second sounds too much like far-right lingo.

No need to remind you that you owe all your atlasian career to me and to Truman. I guess you were fine with this "oligarchic" party then

Uhm. This shows a lack of respect towards other members. What HenryWallaceVP accomplished, is something he did by himself. Everyone has his own choice and opinion. It's not that hard to understand. You prove that Labor is all about taking positions, offering them to people and make them obey the party leadership. Pretty much a textbook case of a dictatorial one party state [biwhere everrything you accomplished is by obeying party leadership. You alwayd owe the dictator something. If you fail to obey you'll be put in a prison camp[/b]. I say no to such a society.
He didn't do it by himself. Everything he got, Labor helped him to get it and if he has any sense of integrity he would recognize it.

I do recognize it, and I've said so in the past. Now, although I'm flattered by the attention, can we please stop this silly bickering about a washed-up former politician in PSOL's thread?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #278 on: July 30, 2020, 06:45:15 PM »

Endorsed!

He didn't do it by himself. Everything he got, Labor helped him to get it and if he has any sense of integrity he would recognize it.

I do recognize it, and I've said so in the past. Now, although I'm flattered by the attention, can we please stop this silly bickering about a washed-up former politician in PSOL's thread?
Nah, it’s kind of entertaining
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #279 on: August 03, 2020, 12:22:23 PM »

What to expect from a second term in Parliament

• Experience:Let it be known that I’ve always maintained an active presence both legislating and with the populace at large
  • Fighting for your rights: From housing reform, to amending bills on labor rights, I’ve been a hard worker on behalf of the marginalized
  • Outside the box thinking: If elected, I’ll focus on issues that Fremont is due for. I’ve been an active proponent of a ministry of culture to allow the state to be an impeccable patron of arts to all things Frémont. I will also continue my stance of working for the little guy and internationalism by crafting a non-binding opinion on behalf of the people of Fremont that Northern Ireland is apart of the 36 counties of Republican Ireland.

More will be cast online of my plans in the campaign season. Let it be known that due to the pandemic, I will not be doing a cross-country tour for the safety of us all.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #280 on: August 03, 2020, 12:37:12 PM »

Endorsed my friend!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #281 on: August 04, 2020, 09:07:37 PM »

If elected, I will do everything in my power to uproot the scam that is Scientology from Fremont under the jurisdiction that it has kept several members imprisoned in order to silence them.

A major priority if I am elected is to ban circumcision on minors. There’s no reasonable medical purpose for the procedure in the modern day, and the risk of complications is too high on what is a purely cosmetic and traditional procedure

While more for local state governments, I remain opposed to the FLDS groups causing great strife in the region. The lack of access to education to young people and polygamy is furthering not just child trafficking, but the homeless crisis as males unable to get wives are cast out. What the regional government can do is promote scholarships, grants, and vocational training for these kids who are cast out or escape to get a means of survival.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #282 on: August 05, 2020, 05:05:34 AM »

If elected, I will do everything in my power to uproot the scam that is Scientology from Fremont under the jurisdiction that it has kept several members imprisoned in order to silence them.

A major priority if I am elected is to ban circumcision on minors. There’s no reasonable medical purpose for the procedure in the modern day, and the risk of complications is too high on what is a purely cosmetic and traditional procedure

While more for local state governments, I remain opposed to the FLDS groups causing great strife in the region. The lack of access to education to young people and polygamy is furthering not just child trafficking, but the homeless crisis as males unable to get wives are cast out. What the regional government can do is promote scholarships, grants, and vocational training for these kids who are cast out or escape to get a means of survival.

Oh no! You are a John Dule shill!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #283 on: August 07, 2020, 02:32:08 PM »

I’m a fighter as a representative for the common Fremonter. If elected, I will try to ensure that Fremont is a hotbed for labor rights and progressive tax policies.

A major aspect of my campaign is to transition the whole of Fremont to a police-free society. What this entails is the separation of investigation and mental health crises from things dealt with by the police. It’s high time to standardize our mental health professionals as being able to deal with mental health emergencies.

In the passage of my policies, the rat race and culture of violence is thus curtailed in Fremont. Doing so would require no need to restrict gun control by banning assault weapons.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #284 on: August 12, 2020, 07:52:19 PM »

So I’m hosting an in-game virtual townhall, because like hell would I risk my constituents lives. Ask away folks!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #285 on: August 19, 2020, 08:30:29 PM »

I was in a Zoom meeting with Tamika DeBoise of Oakland, our California GP state chair, and interesting things are going on. They have a plan on phasing out the police force that would put an end to just one avenue of oppression by the elite capitalists.

The plan is to defund the police across the board and instead putting that money into social services. In the meanwhile, the police department shall be dismantled through separating criminal investigations into its own detective department, mental health to trained professionals employed in the healthcare industry, and events related to drawn firearms into specialized teams such as SWAT. The police, at that point, will cease to be needed. I’ve been told the plan will occur in ten years tops to implement, and that this should be on the Green Party platform. Well, we shall see...

Police brutality in America is a symptom of the settler colonial brutality still permeating Atlasia. If elected to office, the Green Party will decolonize the land from such taint.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #286 on: August 24, 2020, 11:25:02 AM »

Fellow Atlasians, today we all won nationwide with the major victories in the House of Representatives and in Fremont. The Green Party was immensely successful in its second election just less than three months into its existence. Already, we have won a house seat and regional representation in Fremont while also keeping the Senate race very close. I thank all our members and supporters for giving us the mandate to have the balance of power in these next three months, we could not have done it without voters like you.

Our decision regarding what will occur in the House will be publicly stated following a brief period of deliberation and discussion regarding what is needed to be done regarding the balance of power. What is certain that Atlasian voters wanted change in this election, and that’s what we will give them.

The elections we just witnessed saw the rapid change of the balance of power in Atlasia in over a year. What was expected to be a slim majority for Labor instead turned out to be the strangest election in Atlasia. Labor failed in getting a majority resulting in what is now a hung House, with the balance of power in the hands of the Democratic Alliance and Green Party of Atlasia. The Centre and Right of Atlasia also won big by bringing forth four elected candidates, three from the Federalists. The details of this election makes it even more historic.

To put it plainly, the Labor machine failed to operate in this election. There was still a sizable amount of zombie voters Labor failed to turn out, and a huge amount of late voters that could have changed these results substantially. The main culprit and clear display of this failure was the lack of a Labor dump, instead being little more than a tinkle and a few pellets. The second reason was the amount of defections gained from the new parties. The DA and Green Party not only caused major bleeding of labor members, but successfully flipped labor zombies in historic numbers. Oddly enough, this fractured atmosphere of the Left and Centre allowed for the Federalists to consolidate enough to acquire three house members, but even then with paltry turnout and a whole host of defections mainly going to the Democratic Alliance. Still, with Labor still controlling nearly half of the voters in Atlasia who turn out at least, it would be foolish to say any statements that Labor is “finished”, merely that it is in disarray. The evidence is clear that Labor is, however, not a sure bet to have a successful electoral career considering that there was a tie in Lincoln and that, sadly, progressive house member gracile lost the vote. What also must be said is the sheer vanity of the Liberal Party of Atlasia, who in all likelihood ran a doomed campaign so as to stay relevant in NPC elections.

What is certain is that the future requires massive change from the parties in Atlasia so as to remain competitive. Labor needs to shake up its foundation to flip back or at least stop defections. The Federalists need to be seen as actually viable again as a force for the Right. The Green Party of Atlasia and the Democratic Alliance need to both recruit more members to consolidate and expand upon the gains this election, as well as learn how to govern in this new party system. What everyone in fact must realize is that we are in a new party system.

Interesting developments indeed!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #287 on: August 24, 2020, 03:55:38 PM »

What also must be said is the sheer vanity of the Liberal Party of Atlasia, who in all likelihood ran a doomed campaign so as to stay relevant in NPC elections.

I have been invited to be on the cover of Vanity Fair.
I work hard on NPC elections and I hope the party is relevent but we would be more relevent with more members and more votes. To have votes you have to run. Someone even made a public post on more people should run for office. The party would be relevent in NPC elections even if I didn't run in my opinion.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #288 on: August 24, 2020, 04:12:53 PM »

Congratulations on your win, PSOL
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #289 on: August 24, 2020, 04:17:08 PM »

What also must be said is the sheer vanity of the Liberal Party of Atlasia, who in all likelihood ran a doomed campaign so as to stay relevant in NPC elections.

I work hard on NPC elections and I hope the party is relevent but we would be more relevent with more members and more votes. To have votes you have to run. Someone even made a public post on more people should run for office. The party would be relevent in NPC elections even if I didn't run in my opinion.

I have never understood this cultural shift in the last couple of years where parties get attacked aggressively because they aren't well Labor in terms of electoral capacity. This linkage between party favorability and party success is relatively new. There were many times where parties were viewed favorably because of a variety of factors even though they hadn't done so well in a couple of elections.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #290 on: August 24, 2020, 11:44:00 PM »

I have never understood this cultural shift in the last couple of years where parties get attacked aggressively because they aren't well Labor in terms of electoral capacity. This linkage between party favorability and party success is relatively new. There were many times where parties were viewed favorably because of a variety of factors even though they hadn't done so well in a couple of elections.
The Liberal party has ceased to be successful in either the regional and federal level for months now. During that time they failed to build momentum to either gain voters or act as a relevant voting bloc. Now that the DA exists, which by all accounts is growing as a party and has representation. It doesn’t matter what the membership size or representation in elected governance is, true, but by all accounts there is no unity in the Liberal Party or growth for months on end while the DA recruits former Poirot swing voters.

Like Peace or the LJP, it makes no sense for the party to exist other then as a pet project for Poirot.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #291 on: September 06, 2020, 12:09:50 AM »

Firstly, I would like to thank the service of King T’Chenka as Chair of the party. It was under his tenure that we came so close to winning all three of our contested races in and becoming a force to be reckoned with in Fremont and Nationally. I hope to continue the trend of providing stellar leadership to this party.

I have a whole lot on my plate; focusing on growing the party, ensuring we keep our promises to our voters in office, and making Atlasia fun. Let me tell you, it’s easier said than done.

But we at the Green Party aren’t the only ones with a plate full of responsibility. The three other major parties have their work cut out for them.

The DA is in the most stressful situation, as it is still new and growing, but also on thin Ice. They still have to formulate a proper identity and be seen as independent from the Feds, else lose a whole lot of swing voters. On top of that, they need to be in a position to wrangle the Federalist voters in Lincoln to back them, as well as get the cult party of Poirot to back them if they can have any chance regionwide.

Feds comparatively have it easier. All they must do is to flip the South again now that the Labor superstar is busy. No hassle on moving people or recruitment, as they couldn’t do that if they tried, it’s just a waiting game to take the South.

Labor is in a unique predicament. They’re facing heat from all sides in all regions. With the Labor all that’s left, a bunch oftentimes very difficult to turn out, movement and recruitment will only lead to the bleeding to lessen, not stop. Even so, they’re making all the right moves recently. MB is finally crowned heir apparent and has moved into Fremont, signaling a turn to populism to quash the newer parties who ran on change. Even so, there’s still a long time till the election, and as many MB and swing voters are now in the opposing camps, the gambit might fall flat. Not like they have a choice, I suppose, because remaining a party whose faces are an alienating bureaucratic gerontocracy is still harmful. It’s either change or stagnation as they’re quickly approaching not even making up a majority of voters.

There needs to be serious change in Fremont. While the government is perhaps the best structured and run, there is a problem with it. The only one is that it still runs on a quasi-executive form of government through the first minister, and not a true parliamentary system. For best results, the position of First Minister needs to go for good, as there is little purpose for it and not to have the Speaker and FM be one position.

The government needs to act in helping the people who lost or have experienced harm to their lives and homes through both the Hurricanes on the East coast and wildfires in California. We should have been more prepared through more funding to the HHS and BLM to have money in reserve to these tragedies, but now action must be taken along with thoughts in hindsight.

On the events in Paflagonia, I feel for the citizens of that country that have been screwed over by the current regime. I support their actions and revolts against this government. That said, we must be careful to assume all the actors against the government are good, as a heavy contingent of conservatives, fascists, and Atlanticists are hoping to use the situation to prop themselves up. I stand with the working class of Paflagonia in which I reject the turn to authoritarianism of all types. We at the Green Party will offer support, critical or not, to the participants wishing to really change the country for the better. I call upon the current president to then thus impose sanctions on the Country’s elite to overturn their actions and that’s it, no collaborating or aiding unsavory actors through the NED or Voice of Paflagonia.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #292 on: September 06, 2020, 12:17:59 AM »

Nothing about the Feds situation is easy by any measure.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #293 on: September 06, 2020, 12:27:21 AM »

I love parliamentary systems. The problem is that Atlasia is not real life, 90% of legislators have no initiative, and government by committee inevitably leads to nothing getting done. As a practical matter Frémont needs a strong executive to keep the gears turning or parliament would quickly become impotent and ineffective. Hence the Philly Plan has been an unmitigated disaster that only worked when Peanut ran the government as a de facto first minister; one need only observe the string of failed and ineffective chancellors to understand why selecting the head of government by and from the legislature is a terrible idea.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #294 on: September 06, 2020, 01:28:51 AM »

I love parliamentary systems. The problem is that Atlasia is not real life, 90% of legislators have no initiative, and government by committee inevitably leads to nothing getting done. As a practical matter Frémont needs a strong executive to keep the gears turning or parliament would quickly become impotent and ineffective. Hence the Philly Plan has been an unmitigated disaster that only worked when Peanut ran the government as a de facto first minister; one need only observe the string of failed and ineffective chancellors to understand why selecting the head of government by and from the legislature is a terrible idea.
Well not exactly, as in the case I described the powers of FM would just go to the Speaker and would be decided exactly the same. This way, the curse of lesser evilism is reduced completely and would empower the voters into being impactful.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #295 on: September 06, 2020, 02:33:18 AM »

Hence the Philly Plan has been an unmitigated disaster that only worked when Peanut ran the government as a de facto first minister; one need only observe the string of failed and ineffective chancellors to understand why selecting the head of government by and from the legislature is a terrible idea.

Maybe one day someone will actually do something to fix the mess that is Lincoln's current government!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #296 on: September 06, 2020, 06:14:21 AM »

Well maybe if Labor didn’t PM cookiedamage to vote against Ninja we would have a effective Chancellor.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #297 on: September 06, 2020, 06:16:44 AM »
« Edited: September 06, 2020, 06:21:07 AM by President Pericles »

Well maybe if Labor didn’t PM cookiedamage to vote against Ninja we would have a effective Chancellor.

Given Ninja has hardly ever served a full term in office we quite reasonably do not trust his abilities. Plus of course Labor won the Lincoln ekections and so the people expect that when they vote for a Labor government they will get one.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #298 on: September 06, 2020, 07:18:15 AM »
« Edited: September 06, 2020, 08:24:12 AM by Ishan »

Given Ninja has hardly ever served a full term in office we quite reasonably do not trust his abilities. Plus of course Labor won the Lincoln ekections and so the people expect that when they vote for a Labor government they will get one.
Please do first preference Ninja0428/1184AZ for President.
Anyway, 100% Endorsed, Ninja will bring fresh leadership and change to Atlasia!
No regrets for voting for you. Best of luck with your future in Atlasia.
Why did you support Ninja in June 2018 then.
He was the Speaker of the House and the Lincoln Assembly and a Deputy President Pro Tempore, so he the abilities to be Chancellor
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #299 on: September 06, 2020, 02:37:39 PM »

Please do first preference Ninja0428/1184AZ for President.
Anyway, 100% Endorsed, Ninja will bring fresh leadership and change to Atlasia!
No regrets for voting for you. Best of luck with your future in Atlasia.
Why did you support Ninja in June 2018 then.
He was the Speaker of the House and the Lincoln Assembly and a Deputy President Pro Tempore, so he the abilities to be Chancellor

He served as Speaker for less than a month.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies