Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:45:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 106830 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: September 27, 2019, 05:36:13 PM »

Yeah no kidding, if you just lie you can make an effective ad.

How about this, Trump teamed up with Jeffrey Epstein to molest children and then fired the attorney investigating it.  Insert "you're fired" clip, filtered pictures of Trump and Epstein together and the clip of them at Mar-A-Lago, and that one Trump quote about "if she wasn't my daughter" and the article of him going to the changing rooms in Miss Universe pageants.

Boom.  Effective campaign ad.  All you gotta do is lie, why didn't anyone ever think of this before?

Every single Biden thread on Atlas these days:

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1376 on: September 27, 2019, 05:39:13 PM »

Even if this is true, Biden doesn't need IA or NH.

True but he can’t afford to get his butt kicked in both of them by the same person. That would instantly make Warren the clear front runner even if Biden wins SC

It will definitely look bad for Biden if he loses both (and especially if he also loses NV) to Warren, but if he wins SC by more than expected, the race won't be over. That's why it's important for Warren to put some effort into SC, to at least cut into Biden's margin there.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #1377 on: September 27, 2019, 05:40:46 PM »

Sounds like expectation setting more than anything else.

Even if this is true, Biden doesn't need IA or NH.

He doesn't need IA/NH per se, but early losses there would put his path to the nomination in serious doubt given how national primaries are built heavily on momentum. Not to mention it would ruin his narrative of being the most "electable" candidate if he can't actually win elections.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1378 on: September 27, 2019, 05:43:22 PM »

How about this, Trump teamed up with Jeffrey Epstein to molest children and then fired the attorney investigating it.  Insert "you're fired" clip, filtered pictures of Trump and Epstein together and the clip of them at Mar-A-Lago, and that one Trump quote about "if she wasn't my daughter" and the article of him going to the changing rooms in Miss Universe pageants.

Boom.  Effective campaign ad.  All you gotta do is lie, why didn't anyone ever think of this before?

Nope, just tired of Atlas turning into the Breitbart comments section.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1379 on: September 27, 2019, 06:35:07 PM »

How about this, Trump teamed up with Jeffrey Epstein to molest children and then fired the attorney investigating it.  Insert "you're fired" clip, filtered pictures of Trump and Epstein together and the clip of them at Mar-A-Lago, and that one Trump quote about "if she wasn't my daughter" and the article of him going to the changing rooms in Miss Universe pageants.

Boom.  Effective campaign ad.  All you gotta do is lie, why didn't anyone ever think of this before?

Nope, just tired of Atlas turning into the Breitbart comments section.

Funny, you and Monroe and the other mods have no troubles doing exactly that with Bernie.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1380 on: September 28, 2019, 06:54:31 AM »

So wait, Joe Biden's failson got a lucrative no-show job from some company that wanted to influence his father, and the Bidenbros are mad because... people are talking about that?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1381 on: September 28, 2019, 07:19:37 AM »
« Edited: September 28, 2019, 09:45:55 AM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

So wait, Joe Biden's failson got a lucrative no-show job from some company that wanted to influence his father, and the Bidenbros are mad because... people are talking about that?

It's definitely a strange twist that Joe Biden supporters are the most annoying people on the Internet after what happened in 2016 and after what I heard second hand earlier this cycle about the Elizabeth people.

(Well, maybe second most, but she is not really in the race anymore.)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1382 on: September 28, 2019, 02:55:50 PM »

How about this, Trump teamed up with Jeffrey Epstein to molest children and then fired the attorney investigating it.  Insert "you're fired" clip, filtered pictures of Trump and Epstein together and the clip of them at Mar-A-Lago, and that one Trump quote about "if she wasn't my daughter" and the article of him going to the changing rooms in Miss Universe pageants.

Boom.  Effective campaign ad.  All you gotta do is lie, why didn't anyone ever think of this before?

What a mixed bag of folks "recommending" this post.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1383 on: September 28, 2019, 03:21:04 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2019, 03:25:44 PM by GeneralMacArthur »

Wait, earlier in this thread we were talking about a Mark Solomon article alleging that Hunter Biden used his state department ties to do nefarious things for the job.  Was it a no-show job or not?  Or are both simultaneously true since we're now in a world where whatever you want to be true is true?

People don't know anything about Hunter Biden's background or what this job entailed and just fling around accusations to try to stir up smoke.

"Oh he couldn't speak Ukrainian" so what?  As if international conglomerates don't all operate in English these days.

"$50,000 a year is suspiciously high" actually it's surprisingly low for such a position and someone with Hunter Biden's resume.

"He didn't do anything" you literally have no idea what the job entailed or what he did on it.

"He only got the job because of his name" this is obviously untrue as his entire resume for the past 25 years has been similar jobs.

"He's a drug addict who got kicked out of the national reserve" and?  What does this have to do with anything?

"He's a failure" would that we could all be failures who graduate from Yale Law and make partner at a prestigious law firm.

Just keep repeating "Joe Biden's failure drug addict son got a $50,000 a year do-nothing job thanks to nepotism when he doesn't even speak Ukrainian" it sounds great but not a word of it is true.

And of course this has absolutely zero, zilch, nada, to do with the original conspiracy theory, which is that Hunter Biden was under investigation and Joe Biden fired the investigator.  Because that's already been proven a million times over to be a big fat lie.  So we just move on to the next thing, which is the populist trashing of Hunter Biden.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1384 on: September 28, 2019, 04:19:51 PM »

Wait, earlier in this thread we were talking about a Mark Solomon article alleging that Hunter Biden used his state department ties to do nefarious things for the job.  Was it a no-show job or not?  Or are both simultaneously true since we're now in a world where whatever you want to be true is true?

People don't know anything about Hunter Biden's background or what this job entailed and just fling around accusations to try to stir up smoke.

"Oh he couldn't speak Ukrainian" so what?  As if international conglomerates don't all operate in English these days.

"$50,000 a year is suspiciously high" actually it's surprisingly low for such a position and someone with Hunter Biden's resume.

"He didn't do anything" you literally have no idea what the job entailed or what he did on it.

"He only got the job because of his name" this is obviously untrue as his entire resume for the past 25 years has been similar jobs.

"He's a drug addict who got kicked out of the national reserve" and?  What does this have to do with anything?

"He's a failure" would that we could all be failures who graduate from Yale Law and make partner at a prestigious law firm.

Just keep repeating "Joe Biden's failure drug addict son got a $50,000 a year do-nothing job thanks to nepotism when he doesn't even speak Ukrainian" it sounds great but not a word of it is true.

And of course this has absolutely zero, zilch, nada, to do with the original conspiracy theory, which is that Hunter Biden was under investigation and Joe Biden fired the investigator.  Because that's already been proven a million times over to be a big fat lie.  So we just move on to the next thing, which is the populist trashing of Hunter Biden.

No one's going to jail for any of this.  No one's going to be removed from office for this.  What will happen here is that Joe Biden will take a fatal hit to his candidacy because of the buzz that will be generated about this that will not go away.

The buzz didn't go away for Hillary.  Her candidacy died a death by a thousand cuts.  The Democrats are not going to let that happen in 2020.
Decay
Rookie
« Reply #1385 on: September 28, 2019, 04:33:12 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2019, 04:41:00 PM by Decay »

That's because his salary was $50,000 a month, not $50,000 a year.

Anyway, I don't particularly care about any of this.  It's been clear for a long time that Biden wasn't going to be able to hold on to his frontrunner status forever.  Biden's time has passed and people want to vote for something, not just against Trump.  Warren gives them that.  
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1386 on: September 28, 2019, 06:14:22 PM »

Biden-bashing has bipartisan appeal.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1387 on: September 28, 2019, 07:33:14 PM »

Biden-bashing has bipartisan appeal.

Well, yes, that is very true.

Atlas Democrats are, by and large, supporting Warren, Sanders, Harris, and the more liberal Democrats, and are happy to see Biden's chances for the nomination tank.  Atlas Republicans, even the anti-Trump ones, are happy to see a Democratic scandal, and happy to think that if Biden is the nominee, the GOP will do better in Congressional races than if an untainted Democrat runs.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1388 on: September 29, 2019, 06:54:42 AM »

I really do believe that the events of last week have sown the seeds of destruction for Biden's candidacy.  I now believe that (ugh) Liz Warren is the likely nominee, and I believe that this is going to be a general perception amongst voters and activists over time.

I will predict right now that Warren will sweep IA, NH, NV, and may well carry SC at this point.

Biden now has a problem that could lead to his being "under investigation".  I certainly don't think he's going to be indicted, and I don't think that anything will happen to him in the end.  But he's got something that's (A) real, and (B) looks bad.  The development of the Ukraine story impacts Biden's biggest electoral asset; the perception that he's the most electable Democrat.

Primary voters now have a logical reason to stick to their faves.  There's no reason someone should NOT vote for Warren.  Indeed, there's no reason partisans of Booker, Harris, Klobuchar, or Bennet shouldn't stick to their guns, because Biden isn't "Mr. Electable" anymore.  That's the big downside for Biden now; the negative buzz, which will now be permanent background noise for his campaign, takes away the biggest reason for people to vote for him.

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1389 on: September 29, 2019, 12:47:20 PM »

If Biden wanted to triumph in this campaign he would be out there attacking Trump and picking this fight every day in the media.

He's not, because he's letting Pelosi take the lead on this fight and hoping, like the rest of us, that she can pull off impeachment.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1390 on: September 29, 2019, 12:51:30 PM »

He should be hitting the cable news circuit and the Sunday shows slamming Trump and defending himself but he's relying on surrogates.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1391 on: September 29, 2019, 12:53:17 PM »

He should be hitting the cable news circuit and the Sunday shows slamming Trump and defending himself but he's relying on surrogates.

It's a tradeoff.  The more this is about Trump and the less it is about Biden, the more likely impeachment is to succeed.  If it becomes a proxy for the general election where pro-impeachment is the "Biden side" in a Trump-Biden fight, that makes it just another polarizing partisan battle.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1392 on: September 29, 2019, 06:50:41 PM »

If I were Biden, I would try to schedule an interview on 60 minutes utterly debunking this conspiracy theory while also calling Trump a racist, rapist, etc. This is actually a huge opportunity for him to redefine, but sadly he seems to be squandering it.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1393 on: September 29, 2019, 07:37:16 PM »

I agree with the above. He's going to flame out even faster if he doesn't punch back.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1394 on: September 29, 2019, 07:53:13 PM »

If I were Biden, I would try to schedule an interview on 60 minutes utterly debunking this conspiracy theory while also calling Trump a racist, rapist, etc. This is actually a huge opportunity for him to redefine, but sadly he seems to be squandering it.

I doubt he'd even hold up to softball questions on this. His team knows he'll end up making a gaffe that worsens his case.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #1395 on: September 29, 2019, 07:57:51 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2019, 08:46:15 PM by Cory Booker »

Joe Biden hides from media. Examples: didnt attend first CNN town hall in April and the sex abuse charges against women hit. Then, we see all these Biden signs appear when he announces
 Now, we know, he overwhelmed Harris, Sanders and Beto who were doing well in polls before Biden announce. Now, Dems have an impeachment inquiry, just because Hunter Biden has been exposed.

If Biden is nominee, conservatives will expose Hunter Biden. He may be exhortated by secular media, but not Fox
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1396 on: September 29, 2019, 08:05:17 PM »

I doubt he'd even hold up to softball questions on this. His team knows he'll end up making a gaffe that worsens his case.
From what I have seen, Biden does very well (relatively) in an interview setting.
Rover
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.18, S: -4.42

« Reply #1397 on: September 29, 2019, 08:24:56 PM »

Too early to write-off Biden but like other member's have discussed on this thread, Biden lost his magic. He's not the famous Joe of 2012 tearing Paul Ryan into pieces during the VP debate.
He's also 76 years old and within a month he'll turn 77, nothing wrong with age but as you grow old you lose much of your energy.

The man been through a lot and the death of his son took a toll on him, I watched his interview on the view with Meghan McCain you could see the sadness in his eyes. Nothing can be more painful for father than to outlive his son.

Father and Son - Cat Stevens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yERildSsWxM

I like Joe Biden and if he wins the nomination, I'll vote for him.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1398 on: September 29, 2019, 09:36:09 PM »

Biden's handling of Ukrainegate shows that he doesn't have what it takes to defeat Donald Trump.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1399 on: September 29, 2019, 10:38:15 PM »

Biden's handling of Ukrainegate shows that he doesn't have what it takes to defeat Donald Trump.

The fact that his handlers are keeping him under quarantine to avoid gaffes in September 2019 certainly doesn't inspire confidence, that's for sure.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies