Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:07:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 106810 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: September 16, 2019, 02:04:59 AM »

Still Kamala Harris, maybe Tammy Baldwin. I don't think he picks Duckworth.

Dark horse: Hilda Solis
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #1176 on: September 16, 2019, 07:02:39 AM »

I'd like to see someone more moderate as Warren is too far left for me. But my problem with the moderates is that none of them take a strong stand against elite corruption or economic inequality. Warren and Sanders are the only candidates talking about these issues. A Democrat who can't say they stood up to elite corruption will lose to Trump, as he will be able to paint them as in the pockets of donors. The progressive base would also be too split in that case. The gap between the far left and someone like Biden is just too big. I am hoping Warren can move to the center in the GE, as she's shown flashes of pragmatism at times.

It's a bit of a shame Professor Warren went from a center-left populist, to pivoting to Bernie-lite as a Senator which hurts her in a GE.  Far sharper and more articulate than any of the other frontrunners, and looks at least 15 years younger than Biden/Sanders.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #1177 on: September 16, 2019, 08:47:05 AM »

Biden delivers most significant speech yet on race, says silence on hate 'is complicity'

Former Vice President Joe Biden on Sunday made his most expansive speech yet on race, calling on the nation to live up to its founding ideals and saying that silence on racism amounts to complicity.

"There can be no realization of the American Dream without grappling with the original sin of slavery," Biden told churchgoers in Alabama while delivering the keynote address at services marking the 56th anniversary of the deadly bombing of Birmingham's 16th Street Baptist Church.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/biden-delivers-expansive-speech-race-says-silence-hate-complicity-n1054601
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #1178 on: September 16, 2019, 09:04:13 AM »

Still Kamala Harris, maybe Tammy Baldwin. I don't think he picks Duckworth.

Dark horse: Hilda Solis

Being from Wisconsin, having lived in Madison during Tammy Baldwin's ascent, having watched Tammy Baldwin for years, having met Tammy Baldwin, I think she would get completely bodied by Mike Pence.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #1179 on: September 16, 2019, 10:16:28 AM »

Harris would betray everything where she stands for if she accepts the VP nomination. I don't think she  would do it. That choice might turn off some progressive, independents and Trump democrats. I think Duckworth, Whitmer, Cortez Masto and Baldwin are likelier.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #1180 on: September 16, 2019, 10:58:36 AM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1181 on: September 16, 2019, 11:32:53 AM »

Biden delivers most significant speech yet on race, says silence on hate 'is complicity'

Former Vice President Joe Biden on Sunday made his most expansive speech yet on race, calling on the nation to live up to its founding ideals and saying that silence on racism amounts to complicity.

"There can be no realization of the American Dream without grappling with the original sin of slavery," Biden told churchgoers in Alabama while delivering the keynote address at services marking the 56th anniversary of the deadly bombing of Birmingham's 16th Street Baptist Church.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/biden-delivers-expansive-speech-race-says-silence-hate-complicity-n1054601
He should have given this speech at a white church. They are the ones that need to hear it.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1182 on: September 16, 2019, 12:53:09 PM »

Honestly, this was one of the best speeches Uncle Joe has given in a while. So presidential; this is what we need back in the Oval Office instead of the smallness and stupidity of Donald Trump.

He should have given this speech at a white church. They are the ones that need to hear it.

Why are you criticizing almost everything he does? This speech is really not something he deserves criticism for. I would have praised any other candidate including Bernie and Liz for such an address.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1183 on: September 16, 2019, 12:58:46 PM »

The existence of "Corn Pop" isn't the question. Biden's telling of the story was utterly unintelligible. He didn't put one single coherent sentence together in that entire clip.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1184 on: September 16, 2019, 01:38:58 PM »

The existence of "Corn Pop" isn't the question. Biden's telling of the story was utterly unintelligible. He didn't put one single coherent sentence together in that entire clip.

That clip is from several years ago.  It was dug up by an alt-right hack explicitly to trigger the extremely online left.

So if him being less-than-coherent is a signal of senility, then he's been senile for years.  Except we know he hasn't been senile for years because despite him being constantly in the public spotlight, nobody was calling him senile until a few months ago.
JG

« Reply #1185 on: September 16, 2019, 03:44:06 PM »

That clip is from several years ago.  It was dug up by an alt-right hack explicitly to trigger the extremely online left.

So if him being less-than-coherent is a signal of senility, then he's been senile for years.  Except we know he hasn't been senile for years because despite him being constantly in the public spotlight, nobody was calling him senile until a few months ago.

Whether or not the cause is senility, I would like the President of the United States to be able to speak coherently in most, if not all situations.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1186 on: September 16, 2019, 03:52:41 PM »

I think the long list would probably look like:

A couple Hispanic men: Tom Perez, Julian Castro

A couple African American men: Booker, Anthony Foxx

A couple red state Dems: Steve Bullock, Laura Kelly, John Bel Edwards

An LGBTQ contingent: Jared Polis, Kate Brown, Kyrsten Sinema, Buttigieg

A random military guy: Bill McRaven

A random businesswoman: Mary Barra

Swing state old white men: Tom Wolf, Roy Cooper, Sherrod Brown

And basically any younger female senator or governor, aka the candidates that might actually be picked: Harris, Stacey Abrams, Klobuchar, Tammy Baldwin, Tammy Duckworth, Catherine Cortez Masto, Kirsten Gillibrand, Michelle Lujan Grisham, Gretchen Whitmer

Plus Warren as a fake VP candidate/sign of respect.

My guess at the final, publicly-released short list would probably be Harris, Abrams, Baldwin, Duckworth, and Castro (mostly as the token guy/Hispanic), with Harris is the most likely choice.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1187 on: September 16, 2019, 03:59:27 PM »

There is no benefit to be gained for anyone except Kamala Harris to name her as their running mate. She brings nothing new to the table.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1188 on: September 16, 2019, 04:30:53 PM »

Harris
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #1189 on: September 16, 2019, 04:46:39 PM »

Whether or not the cause is senility, I would like the President of the United States to be able to speak coherently in most, if not all situations.

Lmao that ship has sailed.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1190 on: September 16, 2019, 08:04:44 PM »

That clip is from several years ago.  It was dug up by an alt-right hack explicitly to trigger the extremely online left.

So if him being less-than-coherent is a signal of senility, then he's been senile for years.  Except we know he hasn't been senile for years because despite him being constantly in the public spotlight, nobody was calling him senile until a few months ago.

"Several" being exactly two years - a summer 2017 event. And people have thought he was senile since leaving office. This is nothing new. People were saying back in 2017 that he shouldn't run.

I'm voting for Biden (since Pete will be out by Pennsylvania). You don't need to defend him to me. But this was completely incoherent and beyond grandpa level speech patterns.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1191 on: September 16, 2019, 08:39:06 PM »

I thought it was remarkably coherent!

Exposition: Joe takes the job at the pool
Inciting incident: Gang called the Romans, led by Corn Pop, dominate the pool (an inherent tension with Joe's position of authority)
Conflict: Joe yells at Corn Pop and calls him Esther Williams
Stakes: Joe is informed that Corn Pop will be waiting with his rusty straight razor
Climax: Corn Pop confronts Joe, Joe apologizes
Falling action: Corn Pop puts the razor away
Denouement: The Romans have Joe's back for the rest of the summer
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1192 on: September 16, 2019, 08:54:55 PM »

LMAO ngl would love to see how one could spin that for Biden. This is why, though I love the dude, I am not voting for him.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1193 on: September 16, 2019, 10:09:10 PM »

First of all, he did tell a coherent story. It was not really that hard to understand, what he was saying.

Second of all, this article pretty much lines up with his account: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/there-really-was-a-corn-pop-%E2%80%94-but-critics-cast-doubt-on-joe-bidens-oft-told-story/ar-AAHokPX
Higgins
« Reply #1194 on: September 17, 2019, 05:59:17 AM »

You gotta let this chip on your shoulder go. It's giving you a sluch. I'm a white man. I'm not out to get you. Despite what the media and your nationalist professors would have you believe, I'm not the boogeyman. I, and people who look like me, we're not an evil group of parasites out to get you. I don't consume mayo by the gallon. It's okay. It's okay.
Higgins
« Reply #1195 on: September 17, 2019, 06:00:05 AM »

I understood it. Maybe you just haven't been around enough Baby Boomers. If you actually listened, the story was not at all hard to follow.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1196 on: September 17, 2019, 10:48:22 PM »

You gotta let this chip on your shoulder go. It's giving you a sluch. I'm a white man. I'm not out to get you. Despite what the media and your nationalist professors would have you believe, I'm not the boogeyman. I, and people who look like me, we're not an evil group of parasites out to get you. I don't consume mayo by the gallon. It's okay. It's okay.

Sir, this is an Arby's.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1197 on: September 18, 2019, 06:41:42 AM »

I'm a white man. I don't consume mayo by the gallon.

Mayosapien lol
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1198 on: September 18, 2019, 02:16:16 PM »

Even as Biden supporter who is really excited about him, I admit he needs to generate more enthusiasm among Democrats. His polling numbers are worthless if people don't turn out as they should. What can Joe Biden do to generate more enthusiasm for his candidacy without sacraficing who he is and what he stands for? A big strenght of him is, according to various sources, his direct interaction with people. But obviously he can't meet every single voter in person. I think his ads so far are pretty good, but I would like to have more young people on board. For example, on Instagram, he's stuck at 1.3 million followers for a couple of months. Overall, what could he do?  
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #1199 on: September 18, 2019, 02:29:09 PM »

I have a history of bad predictions, and I might look stupid next year, but I have a hard time seeing anyone besides Biden as the nominee.

If he wins both Iowa and New Hampshire, even if those states are close, I'd say there's no way he doesn't get the nomination.  Some people will simply vote for him because of name recognition.  Everyone in every state, regardless of how closely they follow politics, knows about Biden.  How much does the average Democrat in Massachusetts know about O'Rouke?  How much does the average Democrat in Hawaii know about Buttigieg?  Only Sanders comes close in terms of name recognition, but he's been underperforming.  It goes to show that many of his 2016 voters were voting for him because he was the alternative to Hillary.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies