Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:40:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 106806 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: August 24, 2019, 07:35:15 PM »

Uncle Joe's constant senior moments are starting to scare me a bit. Even assuming he can keep his wits about him for the remainder of the election (far from a certainty judging from the constant gaffes 15 months in advance), do we really trust him to stay mentally stable for another 4 (let alone 8!) years in a high stress high pressure job that is well known to take its toll even on young minds?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #751 on: August 24, 2019, 07:51:13 PM »

Uncle Joe's constant senior moments are starting to scare me a bit. Even assuming he can keep his wits about him for the remainder of the election (far from a certainty judging from the constant gaffes 15 months in advance), do we really trust him to stay mentally stable for another 4 (let alone 8!) years in a high stress high pressure job that is well known to take its toll even on young minds?

Am I the only one who remembers 2012 when Ryan, whilst getting his ass handed to him, drew laughter and applause with the line "I think the vice president knows, sometimes, the words don't always come out of your mouth the right way"?
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #752 on: August 24, 2019, 08:40:00 PM »

The gaffes are moving from harmless to seriously damaging. The healthcare gaffe is going to be used endlessly in ads. "Under Joe Biden's healthcare plan you will not have quality care, he said it himself".
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #753 on: August 24, 2019, 08:51:22 PM »

Take this old fool out to pasture.  It's amazing he hasn't sh!t himself during a speech yet.

If he’s nominated then I think the Democrats deserve to lose.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #754 on: August 24, 2019, 09:23:33 PM »

Dude should get a speech coach or something. I know he has a reputation for making gaffes, but he has never made them this constantly.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #755 on: August 24, 2019, 10:13:20 PM »

Biden has always been a gaffe machine, even in 2008. He said cracked a joke about how every convenience store clerk in Delaware was a Indian, and said that Obama was well spoken for a black candidate.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #756 on: August 24, 2019, 10:59:56 PM »

Biden clowning it up again

Biden says 40 were shot at Kent State in 1970, when four students were killed

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #757 on: August 25, 2019, 12:44:48 AM »

40 were shot at, but only 4 were killed.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #758 on: August 25, 2019, 01:59:08 AM »

Do you know if there's any source for the "40 were shot at" claim?  I've seen it on Twitter but don't know where it's coming from.  13 students were hit with bullets, and the crowd size was in the hundreds, I don't know where one would find that 27 more students were shot at but missed.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #759 on: August 25, 2019, 10:58:54 AM »

Do you know if there's any source for the "40 were shot at" claim?  I've seen it on Twitter but don't know where it's coming from.  13 students were hit with bullets, and the crowd size was in the hundreds, I don't know where one would find that 27 more students were shot at but missed.
Fair, I dont really know what he meant by that. But it was not necessarily false.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #760 on: August 25, 2019, 11:54:03 AM »

Fair, I dont really know what he meant by that. But it was not necessarily false.

But what evidence is there that it’s true?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #761 on: August 25, 2019, 12:35:00 PM »

Yeah, I don't think it's a real number.  I think Biden simply didn't remember the actual number, just that it was somewhere in the double digits, and said a number that felt right.
JG

« Reply #762 on: August 25, 2019, 12:37:50 PM »

Yeah, I don't think it's a real number.  I think Biden simply didn't remember the actual number, just that it was somewhere in the double digits, and said a number that felt right.

If he wins the nomination, I hope his campaign will hire you to explain all the soundbites Biden will give to the republicans to use against him.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #763 on: August 25, 2019, 12:49:02 PM »

Yeah, I don't think it's a real number.  I think Biden simply didn't remember the actual number, just that it was somewhere in the double digits, and said a number that felt right.

If he wins the nomination, I hope his campaign will hire you to explain all the soundbites Biden will give to the republicans to use against him.

His opponent claimed very confidently that there were airplanes during the revolutionary war.  I think Biden will survive not remembering the exact number shot at Kent State 50 years ago.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #764 on: August 25, 2019, 12:51:14 PM »

While in New Hampshire: "Look, what’s not to like about Vermont in terms of the beauty of it?”

Trump would mop the floor with him, though while I'd like to see that I also want him to lose the nomination because I've said over and over again that Biden will lose the primaries, so my credibility is on the line.

I know his doctors say he's fine, but it's seriously time to call for an independent examination for Alzheimers or some other form of dementia.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #765 on: August 25, 2019, 01:03:09 PM »

I think this sums it up quite well:

https://newsinteractive.post-gazette.com/steve-kelley-editorial-cartoons/wp-content/uploads/sites/31/2019/08/12AUGUST19COLOR.jpg
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #766 on: August 25, 2019, 01:35:33 PM »

While in New Hampshire: "Look, what’s not to like about Vermont in terms of the beauty of it?”

Trump would mop the floor with him, though while I'd like to see that I also want him to lose the nomination because I've said over and over again that Biden will lose the primaries, so my credibility is on the line.

I know his doctors say he's fine, but it's seriously time to call for an independent examination for Alzheimers or some other form of dementia.
>He says after Biden says a town is in a state 5 miles away that arguably is far more similar to the town than the state it is actually in.
Strong Candidate
123NY
Rookie

« Reply #767 on: August 25, 2019, 01:41:32 PM »

>He says after Biden says a town is in a state 5 miles away that arguably is far more similar to the town than the state it is actually in.

That's not really the point. I don't think Biden has Alzheimer's, or that this gaffe is individually damning, but he's still campaigning in New Hampshire no matter how close he is to Vermont, and, taken along with all of his other gaffes, this is at best a sign that he is still as prone to his foot-in-mouth tendencies as ever, and at worst a sign that he lacks the mental stamina for a rigorous campaign schedule and demanding job.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #768 on: August 25, 2019, 03:15:12 PM »

Joe Biden is a terrible, awful candidate and will lose to Trump if nominated. Not sure how any reasonable person looks at the results last time around, Biden's record and what he says, and thinks he'll turn out the votes to win in key states. Yikes.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #769 on: August 25, 2019, 03:21:02 PM »

This doesn't matter — he was there to campaign in the New Hampshire primary. If he thinks it's in Vermont, suggests he may be forgetting the point of why he's there. Which is concerning!
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #770 on: August 26, 2019, 03:24:36 PM »

Am I the only one who remembers 2012 when Ryan, whilst getting his ass handed to him, drew laughter and applause with the line "I think the vice president knows, sometimes, the words don't always come out of your mouth the right way"?

Someone conceived during that vice presidential debate could be driving and attending college classes by the end of the next president's second term.

Well thanks for that mental image Averroes Tongue
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #771 on: August 26, 2019, 03:59:22 PM »

This doesn't matter — he was there to campaign in the New Hampshire primary. If he thinks it's in Vermont, suggests he may be forgetting the point of why he's there. Which is concerning!

Yeah, if your campaign sends you to Vermont to campaign, it's time to fire some people.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #772 on: August 26, 2019, 04:45:43 PM »

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #773 on: August 26, 2019, 06:02:46 PM »

Even if this is just Biden being Biden, and has nothing to do with his age, this is something he and his campaign need to address. If he's the nominee, you all know that Republicans would flood the airwaves with every gaffe he's ever made, and that's something which actually could hurt him.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #774 on: August 26, 2019, 06:05:59 PM »

these gaffes have really only started since his campaign has given him more public events, he was in the 30's when they were trying the weekend at Bernie's strategy, what made them think increasing his campaigning was a good idea?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies