Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:16:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 106836 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: August 18, 2019, 10:18:47 PM »

At this point, I'm seriously considering switching to Warren.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #651 on: August 18, 2019, 10:20:14 PM »

At this point, I'm seriously considering switching to Warren.
I moved from being a Biden voter to undecided between him and Warren. Would be interested to see what led you to a similar conclusion to me.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #652 on: August 18, 2019, 11:05:05 PM »

The gaffes are getting worse and worse by the day.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #653 on: August 18, 2019, 11:06:47 PM »

Oh, come on. You’re trying to give Biden credit for Obama dragging him to the White House?

The Biden-Ryan VP debate was one of the big rebound moments that broke the tie for Obama in 2012.  Who dragged whom?

Biden's debate against Ryan definitely helped, but I think Romney's "47%" gaffe was the real clincher.

That wasn't a gaffe, he just said in unflattering terms what the Republican Party believes: all poor people are just lazy and choose to live off the dole.
Higgins
« Reply #654 on: August 19, 2019, 04:40:43 AM »

Obama could of done better with a different Veep, thats another reason why 2010 was such a disaster, Biden did campaign for Dems but didnt go out of his way to do anything but do what Obama asked him to do as Veep. Veep office from Cheney to Biden to Pence has been weak

2010 had nothing to do with Biden and everything to do with the perception of Obama as a radical who had been ineffective in fixing the economy. Let's not revise history.

Obama had a pretty authoritative persona. Any Veep would've stood in his shadow, and traditionally, Dem veeps are more submissive, less charismatic or more bland than the President (Humphrey being LBJ's lapdog, Mondale being boring, Al Gore having none of Bill's charisma or personal warmth, Kane being pretty unlikable, etc).

Joe Biden is probably the strongest Democratic Vice President since LBJ in terms of personality, forcefulness and overall likability (even if say, I like Al Gore more on policy issues - I'm talking about from a persona perspective).

Outside of perhaps Bill Richardson or someone I don't think of the 2008 field, Obama could've done much better in his selection than he did.
Higgins
« Reply #655 on: August 19, 2019, 04:41:28 AM »

Oh, come on. You’re trying to give Biden credit for Obama dragging him to the White House?

The Biden-Ryan VP debate was one of the big rebound moments that broke the tie for Obama in 2012.  Who dragged whom?

This. People tend to forget that Biden kicked that little sociopath right in the ass. Hope that's not considered profanity.
elcorazon

« Reply #656 on: August 19, 2019, 09:10:43 AM »

I think Biden and Trump are both unfit to serve. Sanders is too old, but he's mentally fit so far as I can tell.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #657 on: August 19, 2019, 09:11:05 AM »

This. People tend to forget that Biden kicked that little sociopath right in the ass. Hope that's not considered profanity.

That was a long time ago clearly, and given how 1988 and 2008 went [even against Palin he did nothing, I mean get that the idea was Palin was a dummy and she could do herself in...but still], it was a lucky exception.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #658 on: August 19, 2019, 09:47:30 AM »

Biden would have had a clear path to nomination after busing issue; however, he keeps making gaffes
RGM2609
« Reply #659 on: August 19, 2019, 11:44:27 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks that Trump would demolish Biden if it comes down to it?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #660 on: August 19, 2019, 11:57:49 AM »

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2019/joe-biden-online-fundraising-actblue/

Joe Biden's donations are low while Warren is getting most on-line donations

Y2K kids aren't energized over Biden like the Boomer parents and grandparents are

This why Warren can win
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #661 on: August 19, 2019, 12:29:59 PM »

"There are good Republicans" is about that close to being the last straw.
96FJV
Rookie
« Reply #662 on: August 19, 2019, 01:14:15 PM »

Honestly, Biden is starting to make me miss Hillary. He seems lost on the debate stage, the gaffes are endless, and he just seems like someone the media is pushing at this point. If he debates Trump, Trump can run the same campaign he did in 2016. He can say "You supported the Iraq War, and TPP" and just go off on his anti-establishment fake populist persona to win. Biden is not anywhere near my first choice. But him being the nominee terrifies me.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #663 on: August 19, 2019, 01:46:09 PM »

Was Obama senile because he said "all 57 states"?

It's just a slip, combined with the known fact Biden frequently talks before he thinks, and had been the same way when he was younger.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #664 on: August 19, 2019, 01:47:37 PM »

Was Obama senile because he said "all 57 states"?

It's just a slip, combined with the known fact Biden frequently talks before he thinks, and had been the same way when he was younger.

Thank you someone says this who is a not a Biden supporter.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #665 on: August 19, 2019, 01:51:46 PM »

He's not entirely wrong here. While Trump and Mitch are beyond pathetic, it's not that all Republicans are terrible. Joe Biden knows the system and knows that he will achieve more if he reaches out. If elected, I'm sure he can get stuff done with some Republican support on some, not all, issues like infrastructure, drug prices, cancer research and criminal justice. Gun control and healthcare are probably the toughest ones and a reason I disagree with him on the filibuster. If the Democrats win the senate, the filibuster needs to go.
JG

« Reply #666 on: August 19, 2019, 01:58:35 PM »

He's not entirely wrong here. While Trump and Mitch are beyond pathetic, it's not that all Republicans are terrible. Joe Biden knows the system and knows that he will achieve more if he reaches out. If elected, I'm sure he can get stuff done with some Republican support on some, not all, issues like infrastructure, drug prices, cancer research and criminal justice. Gun control and healthcare are probably the toughest ones and a reason I disagree with him on the filibuster. If the Democrats win the senate, the filibuster needs to go.

Obama reached out to the Republicans and they deprived him of his constitutional right of nomating a Supreme Court Justice. Why would that be any different with Biden?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #667 on: August 19, 2019, 02:02:34 PM »

Obama reached out to the Republicans and they deprived him of his constitutional right of nomating a Supreme Court Justice. Why would that be any different with Biden?

A different personal style than his former boss, and I don't like to say this because it shouldn't matter: He's old white man. I'm not saying Republicans will fall in love with Uncle Joe or even come close, but I think he won't be as hated as Obama was. Unfortunately, behind the Obama blacklash was in some parts pure racism.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #668 on: August 19, 2019, 02:28:00 PM »

This is why Warren should be nominee, instead of Biden she is Hilary without baggage. The polls in IA, NH, NV, CA, MN and IL is giving her love and Southerners who love Trump, in SC love Biden. Hilary and Warren are forward leading candidates
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #669 on: August 19, 2019, 03:53:04 PM »

People complaining and getting mad about Biden saying that there are some good republicans but turn around and applaud people Anna Navarro, David Jolly, Richard Painter, and now Scaramucci.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #670 on: August 19, 2019, 05:17:43 PM »

People complaining and getting mad about Biden saying that there are some good republicans but turn around and applaud people Anna Navarro, David Jolly, Richard Painter, and now Scaramucci.
Yeah.... none of these people are in Congress. You’re reaching.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #671 on: August 19, 2019, 05:18:59 PM »

A different personal style than his former boss, and I don't like to say this because it shouldn't matter: He's old white man. I'm not saying Republicans will fall in love with Uncle Joe or even come close, but I think he won't be as hated as Obama was. Unfortunately, behind the Obama blacklash was in some parts pure racism.
They’re going to obstruct the Democrat regardless of their demography. Biden is a cuckold and is giving cover to Republicans who have been complicit in this racist and corrupt administration. He cares more about white people’s comfort than truly dismantling racism.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #672 on: August 19, 2019, 06:16:23 PM »

Biden's debate against Ryan definitely helped, but I think Romney's "47%" gaffe was the real clincher.

That wasn't a gaffe, he just said in unflattering terms what the Republican Party believes: all poor people are just lazy and choose to live off the dole.

Good point.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #673 on: August 19, 2019, 06:34:59 PM »

Yeah.... none of these people are in Congress. You’re reaching.
You know if you just keep on replying to me you might as well send me a message. 
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #674 on: August 19, 2019, 07:37:49 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies