Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 01:24:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 107481 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: September 21, 2019, 10:23:37 PM »

Biden, Hilary and Ed Rendell need to unite behind a real candidate, Warren who is fighting, and doesnt have ethical challenges.

Yes, Biden will lose to Warren, black vote will fall off if he loses IA, NH and NV. Blacks in SC and Deep South think that Biden is Obama. Blacks in Cali, IL and MI know better
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1251 on: September 21, 2019, 11:56:14 PM »

LOL.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1252 on: September 22, 2019, 12:15:27 AM »

Yes, Biden, like Pelosi are frauds, they dont have the guts to call on Trump's impeachment

Good point OC
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1253 on: September 22, 2019, 12:17:02 AM »

That example is PC gone too far, a lot of the "PC gone mad" complaints are people upset they can't be racist or sexist or some other way of being offensive but it does get taken too far sometimes and this hampers efforts to fight genuine prejudice.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #1254 on: September 22, 2019, 07:47:23 AM »

Is it time for a Biden Panic ?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1255 on: September 22, 2019, 08:06:43 AM »

Yes. People need to see Biden for what he really is not, and move on.

He is not Obama.

He is not young.

He does not deserve the support he has been getting. It's knee-jerk reaction support that is dying, daily as Warren gains traction.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1256 on: September 22, 2019, 08:14:53 AM »

It's time for Biden to do a lot of reassessing.  There are people already hedging their bets.

If I were Biden, I'd be bold and name my running mate right now.  I'd offer Amy Klobuchar second place on the ticket right now.  If she didn't take it, I'd offer it to someone from a key state; Sherrod Brown or Gary Peters would be good picks.  (Beto would have been a good pick until he put his foot in his mouth on guns.)  If Biden believes a minority would be necessary, I'd recommend he pick someone NOT in office right now with real gravitas.  (Ken Salazar and Jeh Johnson come to mind as excellent VP picks.)  This would be the sort of game-changer that would give Biden the kind of momentum he needs to finish off the field for all intents and purposes.

Biden needs to go for broke in this manner, or he'll endure death by a thousand cuts.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1257 on: September 22, 2019, 08:16:46 AM »

It doesn't help.  Even if it's a total nothingburger (and it may well be), it's going to generate a negative buzz about Biden that he's better off without.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1258 on: September 22, 2019, 08:59:30 AM »

Unless Biden selects one of his primary opponents that already has a loyal following, that will follow them to Biden, naming a VP already would be a big nothingburger. I mean, who is the person who will be more likely to vote for Biden in the primary because he says he'll make Sherrod Brown his VP. (If anything, any Democrat who wants to gain the Senate in the near future, would quickly change their vote to someone else.)

Did Cruz picking Fiorina in '16 do anything except make him look desperate? Highly doubt he gained more than 10 voters from it at best. 
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #1259 on: September 22, 2019, 09:20:53 AM »

It's time for Biden to do a lot of reassessing.  There are people already hedging their bets.

If I were Biden, I'd be bold and name my running mate right now.  I'd offer Amy Klobuchar second place on the ticket right now.  If she didn't take it, I'd offer it to someone from a key state; Sherrod Brown or Gary Peters would be good picks.  (Beto would have been a good pick until he put his foot in his mouth on guns.)  If Biden believes a minority would be necessary, I'd recommend he pick someone NOT in office right now with real gravitas.  (Ken Salazar and Jeh Johnson come to mind as excellent VP picks.)  This would be the sort of game-changer that would give Biden the kind of momentum he needs to finish off the field for all intents and purposes.

Biden needs to go for broke in this manner, or he'll endure death by a thousand cuts.

Picking a VP this early is a pretty desperate move that would probably do more harm than good - just look at what happened with Ted Cruz and his Fiorina stunt.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1260 on: September 22, 2019, 09:23:33 AM »

Didn't Biden strongly imply at one point that his running mate would be Stacy Abrams?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1261 on: September 22, 2019, 09:46:51 AM »

It's really tiresome that Biden's primary opponents keep trying to make this a thing.

No actual supporters of Biden are panicking.  Y'all just keep saying we are.

My Biden-Warren mock has Warren winning both Iowa and New Hampshire.  And I don't think Iowa will be particularly close.

Biden continues to hold a ten point lead nationality over Warren.  I believe a lot of her recent rise is due to Harris supporters moving to her camp.  Bernie supporters second choice is evenly split between the two.  Biden has major structural advantages that Warren hasn't shown any ability to compete with, and his policy positions are significantly more popular even within the party.

Democrats want Biden's health care plan over Warren's by a 2-1 margin.  A majority of Democrats name "someone who can beat Trump" as the most important factor, and Biden beats Warren there by a 5-1 margin. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1262 on: September 22, 2019, 09:56:33 AM »

It is time to panic, if the primary opponents start dropping out, they are more likely to support Warren than Biden. This includes: De Blazio, Bennet, Klobuchar, Buttigieg and Beto. Booker was a main critic of Biden during the busing issue.

And Biden was supposed to win IA and NH and NV, they are Presidential battleground states, losing them makes him look weak if he wants to win against Trump. However, NH, has a hidden women's vote, that will come out for Warren
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1263 on: September 22, 2019, 10:14:28 AM »

For supporters or Trumpeters? No.

For everyone else? Probably.
Biden Stans Are Cringelords
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1264 on: September 22, 2019, 10:22:09 AM »

Unfortunately the media is covering for Biden so his supporters won't panic until he's up there on the debate stage getting utterly eviscerated by Trump in front of 100 million people.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1265 on: September 22, 2019, 11:14:23 AM »

Biden is such a repulsive, cringe-worthy candidate. Truly wish he hadn't ran again, he brings basically nothing good to the table and it's going to be annoying watching him fail again and again and slowly tumble into defeat.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1266 on: September 22, 2019, 11:21:00 AM »

One thing's for sure: Biden's not as clean as Tom Perez would like you to think, and this is one of many things that will pile up on Biden and cause him to lose.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1267 on: September 22, 2019, 12:32:47 PM »

Oh no, a single poll shows Biden down by 2 points in a single state, everyone panic.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1268 on: September 22, 2019, 01:48:07 PM »

Oh no, a single poll shows Biden down by 2 points in a single state, everyone panic.

Pompeo said on This Week, if Biden is the nominee, Trump admin has info on Biden, that he has violated the law with Ukraine. The scandal has legs. Here we go again, on another scandal with Biden, now. Just like with Hilary
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1269 on: September 22, 2019, 01:50:00 PM »

If it makes you feel any better....he'll probably forget this whole thing ever happened pretty quickly
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1270 on: September 22, 2019, 01:56:25 PM »

Pompeo said on This Week, if Biden is the nominee, Trump admin has info on Biden, that he has violated the law with Ukraine. The scandal has legs. Here we go again, on another scandal with Biden, now. Just like with Hilary

I said, on Atlas, that if Trump is the nominee, I have info, hard info, that he is in fact an alien from outer space who eats children.

In unrelated news, I am threatening to bankrupt NASA unless they agree to investigate this "Trump is a space alien" conspiracy.  I mean, neither Trump nor space aliens have normal human skin.  It all links together.  The crooked, lying media won't tell you that though.

This scandal has legs, folks.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1271 on: September 22, 2019, 01:56:56 PM »

It's time for Biden to do a lot of reassessing.  There are people already hedging their bets.

If I were Biden, I'd be bold and name my running mate right now.  I'd offer Amy Klobuchar second place on the ticket right now.  If she didn't take it, I'd offer it to someone from a key state; Sherrod Brown or Gary Peters would be good picks.  (Beto would have been a good pick until he put his foot in his mouth on guns.)  If Biden believes a minority would be necessary, I'd recommend he pick someone NOT in office right now with real gravitas.  (Ken Salazar and Jeh Johnson come to mind as excellent VP picks.)  This would be the sort of game-changer that would give Biden the kind of momentum he needs to finish off the field for all intents and purposes.

This.

Get a VP ASAP and start running for your life like it's the general.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1272 on: September 22, 2019, 02:08:31 PM »

This just proves, that regardless of the nominee, the race isnt gonna be a landslide, if its Warren or Biden.  Biden is another elitist Dem like Hilary. Hilary was also way ahead in polls. Biden is scandaled, as well.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1273 on: September 22, 2019, 02:47:26 PM »

Just because he's statistically tied in Iowa?
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1274 on: September 22, 2019, 02:49:49 PM »

Biden's most ardent supports (based on polling data) are old, black voters. So long as he crushes Warren in that demographic, he will win.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies