The elephant in the room - Donald Trump's physical and mental deterioration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:31:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The elephant in the room - Donald Trump's physical and mental deterioration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
Author Topic: The elephant in the room - Donald Trump's physical and mental deterioration  (Read 40970 times)
emailking
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: February 07, 2020, 03:33:20 PM »

If you compare his interviews from thirty years ago and how he talks now, you can see the difference. Back then he spoke in a pretty articulate way with full sentences. Now he frequently talks like a freaking child.

Oh boy. It's disturbing that so many took the OP's statement a fact. President Trump's doctors have decorated him healthy and have even done press conferences declaring such. In fact, the main doctor was surprised by just how healthy President Trump was.

About this fill sentences garbage, over the years President Trump has mastered the art of persuasion. Sometimes that means speaking in ways that are snore from conversation to add more imagery, take out unnecessary words, repeat oneself so the audience remembers, etc.

Have you watched older interviews with him? He used to be a lot more articulate.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #301 on: February 07, 2020, 04:07:18 PM »

If you compare his interviews from thirty years ago and how he talks now, you can see the difference. Back then he spoke in a pretty articulate way with full sentences. Now he frequently talks like a freaking child.

Oh boy. It's disturbing that so many took the OP's statement a fact. President Trump's doctors have decorated him healthy and have even done press conferences declaring such. In fact, the main doctor was surprised by just how healthy President Trump was.

About this fill sentences garbage, over the years President Trump has mastered the art of persuasion. Sometimes that means speaking in ways that are snore from conversation to add more imagery, take out unnecessary words, repeat oneself so the audience remembers, etc.

Have you watched older interviews with him? He used to be a lot more articulate.

On one hand, you have the "evidence" that President Trump used to be more articulate. I have the evidence that President Trump's doctor declared Trump to be "in very good health". https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/08/us/politics/trump-health-physical.html

Which are you going to believe?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #302 on: February 07, 2020, 05:00:36 PM »

On one hand, you have the "evidence" that President Trump used to be more articulate. I have the evidence that President Trump's doctor declared Trump to be "in very good health". https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/08/us/politics/trump-health-physical.html

I believe both. His doctor said that he passed basic cognitive tests, not that he hasn't had a mental decline over the years. It's obvious.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #303 on: February 07, 2020, 05:46:01 PM »

I believe both. His doctor said that he passed basic cognitive tests, not that he hasn't had a mental decline over the years. It's obvious.

I noticed you changed the argument to "mental decline" (whatever that means, because it's not a mental illness) from "severe dementia". I'm glad you are backing off the mental illness argument.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #304 on: February 07, 2020, 06:40:26 PM »

I noticed you changed the argument to "mental decline" (whatever that means, because it's not a mental illness) from "severe dementia". I'm glad you are backing off the mental illness argument.

I never said he had "severe dementia." You have me confused with someone else or you made that up. You attributed the rambling nature of his discourse to some sort of strategy he's perfected over time. I think it's an absurd conclusion when you compare what he's like now to how he was in older interviews. But you didn't tell me if you've watched those or not. :shrug:
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #305 on: February 07, 2020, 07:29:17 PM »

I never said he had "severe dementia." You have me confused with someone else or you made that up. You attributed the rambling nature of his discourse to some sort of strategy he's perfected over time. I think it's an absurd conclusion when you compare what he's like now to how he was in older interviews. But you didn't tell me if you've watched those or not. :shrug:

Severe dementia was in the OP. That's what this thread is about. Does President Trump have severe dementia? We know the answer is no, because the President's doctor said he is in "very good health". That's the topic.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #306 on: February 07, 2020, 08:49:57 PM »

Ghosts asked that as a question to consider, 8 months ago, and it literally has not been brought up in the 13 pages of posts since. You know full well I did not change the argument. I was responding to your point about his past interviews, as you were likewise responding to someone else about the same.

Also, since you keep dodging my question, I assume you likely have not watched any of those past interviews.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #307 on: February 08, 2020, 11:22:01 AM »

(Apparent original):
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #308 on: February 08, 2020, 03:43:59 PM »

He says it was photoshopped. If a B&W filter counts maybe.

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #309 on: February 11, 2020, 11:15:15 AM »

After a high-functioning (for Mr. Trump) yellicopter session last Friday(the first such session in months), Mr. Trump returned to his usual rally format in New Hampshire on Feb 10th.

He's still using teleprompters, but is mixing in free-form raving again. Difficulties speaking continue to manifest. Frequent slurring is punctuated by apparent myclonic seizures at multiple points both early, and late in the ranting, which is back up to the hour and a half length.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #310 on: February 11, 2020, 11:30:41 AM »

It's possible that some or all of what we're seeing is not a symptom, but a side-effect.

Tardive Dyskinesia

Tardive dyskinesia is a side effect of antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat schizophrenia and other mental health disorders.

TD causes stiff, jerky movements of your face and body that you can't control. You might blink your eyes, stick out your tongue, or wave your arms without meaning to do so.

Tardive dyskinesia
Tardive dyskinesia (TD) is a disorder that results in involuntary, repetitive body movements, which may include grimacing, sticking out the tongue, or smacking the lips. Additionally, there may be rapid jerking movements or slow writhing movements. In about 20% of people, the disorder interferes with daily functioning.

Tardive dyskinesia occurs in some people as a result of long-term use of dopamine-receptor-blocking medications such as antipsychotics and metoclopramide. These medications are usually used for mental illness but may also be given for gastrointestinal or neurological problems. The condition typically develops only after months to years of use. The diagnosis is based on the symptoms after ruling out other potential causes.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #311 on: February 11, 2020, 12:00:31 PM »

Trump was incredibly lucid in his first conference after his rigged senate trial. Trump is almost always focused and sober when he's talking about his alleged criminal wrong doing. You see this time and time again throughout his life. He is a completely different Trump in deposition tapes and as a trial witness. This shows he's just a stupid criminal jerk who's smart enough to shut up and get serious when he's in potential trouble.

All the rambling and spitballing he does when discussing government business is because he's unprepared and doesn't care. He doesn't care about policies. He cares about stuffing his pockets and getting away with it.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #312 on: February 11, 2020, 12:36:16 PM »

Trump was incredibly lucid in his first conference after his rigged senate trial. Trump is almost always focused and sober when he's talking about his alleged criminal wrong doing. You see this time and time again throughout his life. He is a completely different Trump in deposition tapes and as a trial witness. This shows he's just a stupid criminal jerk who's smart enough to shut up and get serious when he's in potential trouble.

All the rambling and spitballing he does when discussing government business is because he's unprepared and doesn't care. He doesn't care about policies. He cares about stuffing his pockets and getting away with it.

I wasn't aware of any press conference after the "acquittal" up until last Friday's yellicopter session. Are you talking about the self-absorbed speech he gave on February 6th? I thought the delivery on that was good (for Mr. Trump), but the content was both un-presidential and bizarrely incoherent. (So self-evidently so that I just linked it and left it at that.)

You're right that Trump's speech is so incoherent and semantically bankrupt and that its very difficult to clearly differentiate between "Trump is stupid and ignorant" and "Trump is mentally impaired" based on content alone. That's why I've also been looking at obvious physical signs: smaller public presence, basic grooming failures, difficulties with speaking at all. He's reportedly having trouble walking, but that's not something I've seen any video evidence for, as opposed to the slurring and regular failures at speaking which are very obvious, especially when combined with the full-body spasms.

I still haven't found a recent (say, last six months) video of him participating in a back and forth conversation over multiple exchanges, or even demonstrating an ability to stay on topic and discuss something without resorting to his own recycled stock phrases. His "interviews" are all with friendly interviewers, and done in a format that makes it impossible to know how much editing may have taken place.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #313 on: February 14, 2020, 07:14:47 AM »

Is Donald Trump obsessed with badgers?

The questions would arise at such opportune moments as “when Priebus was attempting to brief the president on matters of healthcare initiatives, foreign policy, or Republican legislative agenda”, they wrote.

“Are they mean to people?” Trump reportedly asked Priebus, perhaps thinking of badgers’ very long claws, which they use to dig the burrows that make their home. “Or are they friendly creatures?”

Trump would also demand to see photos of badgers, ask Priebus to give details on how badgers “work”, and wanted to know if they had a “personality” or were boring.

Priebus was also called upon to explain “how the critters function and behave, what kind of food they like, and how aggressive or deadly they could be when presented with perceived existential threats”.

Markay and Suebsaeng said Trump would frequently derail important policy discussions with questions about the animals.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/feb/14/are-they-mean-donald-trump-obsessed-with-badgers-new-book-claims
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #314 on: February 14, 2020, 08:30:42 AM »

😕

Like all he's got to do is go to Wikipedia lol.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #315 on: February 14, 2020, 10:59:45 AM »

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #316 on: February 14, 2020, 11:09:49 AM »

The questions would arise at such opportune moments as “when Priebus was attempting to brief the president on matters of healthcare initiatives, foreign policy, or Republican legislative agenda”, they wrote.

“Are they mean to people?” Trump reportedly asked Priebus, perhaps thinking of badgers’ very long claws, which they use to dig the burrows that make their home. “Or are they friendly creatures?”

Trump would also demand to see photos of badgers, ask Priebus to give details on how badgers “work”, and wanted to know if they had a “personality” or were boring.

Priebus was also called upon to explain “how the critters function and behave, what kind of food they like, and how aggressive or deadly they could be when presented with perceived existential threats”.

Markay and Suebsaeng said Trump would frequently derail important policy discussions with questions about the animals.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/feb/14/are-they-mean-donald-trump-obsessed-with-badgers-new-book-claims

To play imbecile's advocate, this sounds like it could just be petty bullying of Priebus combined with Trump's own well-known immaturity and aversion to work.

All this stuff about Whasitstan and and bill numbers is boring. Hey, I'll ask badger-state guy about badgers again. He hates that!

Still grossly inappropriate behavior from a man unfit for office, but possibly more Dump being Dump than dementia or other advancing disease.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #317 on: February 14, 2020, 11:11:14 AM »

As I posted in a ad.

He wants to know what Badgers personalities are like? We detest people who are narcissistic power hungry would-be dictators, serial sexual batterers, so greedy and vein they prefer to spend money on gold-plated toilet seats rather than pay a few more percentage income tax for the poor and middle class, and are fundamentally corrupt cowardly little b******. We would like to claw our way up such individuals assholes and pull their intestines out through their noses.

You know, just in case he asks again.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #318 on: February 20, 2020, 10:12:38 AM »

I know we were all busy with the public execution of Mayor BloombergDemocratic debate last night, but at the same time, Donald the Deranged was beginning his three state hate tour in Phoenix. While starting a conspiracy theory about the Nevada caucus vote count and whining (so much whining), he also had some trouble speaking. (As is now common at all his prolonged public appearances.)

After forgetting when the State of the Union was, a very sweaty and burnished Mr. Trump persevered through challenges like failing to say,  "corrupt", "NAFTA", and "overdose" while twitching his way through to the end of his lie-filled, scripted rant.

Mr. Trump was definitely higher-energy than at appearances last month. His teleprompter-driven raving is back up to its pre-Christmas length, and he actual gave a semblance of animated delivery. (Although its getting difficult for me to tell which wild gesticulations are intentional, and which are used to cover-up the frequent shoulder jerks and other spasms.)

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #319 on: February 20, 2020, 06:49:15 PM »

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #320 on: February 21, 2020, 07:11:19 PM »

I think you are fighting windmills, Ghost of Ruin. Trump has never had great mental capacity in the first place, only when it comes to running a con and defrauding people.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #321 on: February 21, 2020, 07:15:07 PM »

I think you are fighting windmills, Ghost of Ruin. Trump has never had great mental capacity in the first place, only when it comes to running a con and defrauding people.

He's getting cancer?
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #322 on: February 22, 2020, 06:44:14 AM »

VIDEO
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #323 on: February 22, 2020, 11:22:05 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2020, 11:26:43 AM by GP270watch »

This isn't even true. Trump does not have the most followed account on Facebook or Twitter. Trump just lies like nothing.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #324 on: February 22, 2020, 11:29:29 AM »

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-followed_Facebook_pages, Trump isn't among the top 30 most followed Facebook pages.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies