The elephant in the room - Donald Trump's physical and mental deterioration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:08:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The elephant in the room - Donald Trump's physical and mental deterioration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18
Author Topic: The elephant in the room - Donald Trump's physical and mental deterioration  (Read 41130 times)
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: January 02, 2020, 10:58:34 AM »

This photo has been making the rounds for weeks, but I didn't want to post it until I'd tracked down a legitimate source for it. Here's the original:

What's the significance of this photo exactly?

The clear line on the side of his head where the orange facepaint stops.

Ignoring for the moment that painting his face orange has always been pretty insane, this makeup fail tells us two things. One, is that his personal grooming is starting to go - one more sign of his dementia. And two, no one is willing (or maybe able) to tell him to fix it.

(I snipped the original pic and tweet for size.)

Trump 100% does not do his own makeup. He's the president, he has people for that, dont be silly.

Mentally, he's not all there, yes, but this is not an example of that.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #251 on: January 02, 2020, 11:02:39 AM »

He looks like a 12 year old girl learning to blend her makeup.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #252 on: January 02, 2020, 03:04:30 PM »

This photo has been making the rounds for weeks, but I didn't want to post it until I'd tracked down a legitimate source for it. Here's the original:

What's the significance of this photo exactly?

The clear line on the side of his head where the orange facepaint stops.

Ignoring for the moment that painting his face orange has always been pretty insane, this makeup fail tells us two things. One, is that his personal grooming is starting to go - one more sign of his dementia. And two, no one is willing (or maybe able) to tell him to fix it.

(I snipped the original pic and tweet for size.)

Trump 100% does not do his own makeup. He's the president, he has people for that, dont be silly.

Mentally, he's not all there, yes, but this is not an example of that.

You'd think that, yes.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #253 on: January 02, 2020, 07:29:11 PM »

I guess much of Trump's "executive time" is spent watching makeup tutorials.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #254 on: January 02, 2020, 08:07:53 PM »

I guess much of Trump's "executive time" is spent watching makeup tutorials.

Trump knows more about makeup than anyone else in history. Many people have walked up to him and told him, "Sir, your skill with makeup is amazing." Not many people know this, but before Trump showed up on TV, they didn't do makeup. They called it "blackface" and said they couldn't do it, that the Democrats would sue them if they did. But Trump did it, and because of that, women can now wear makeup again. And boy, some of them needed it. No one has done as much for women as Trump.

/s

(In before the tweet from the White House Press Secretary Who Doesn't Talk To The Press officially explains that anyone who doesn't think the EmperorPresident's new clothesmakeup is the most amazing thing every is a Communist Mutant Traitor.)
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #255 on: January 04, 2020, 01:42:18 PM »

Mr. Trump delivers a statement like a third grader reading his lines for the Christmas play:

I'd pay good money to watch a subsequent interview where he was asked to explain what he'd just read.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #256 on: January 04, 2020, 02:26:57 PM »

Mr. Trump delivers a statement like a third grader reading his lines for the Christmas play:

I'd pay good money to watch a subsequent interview where he was asked to explain what he'd just read.

I can tell you he wouldn't be able to identify Iran on a blank world map.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #257 on: January 04, 2020, 05:21:09 PM »

That's an insult to most kids' reading ability. It's like the ones who have dutifully memorized words that they don't know and are trying to recite them. Dude's got the benefit of the teleprompter and still sounds like he doesn't believe a single word.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #258 on: January 05, 2020, 12:18:04 PM »

Regarding Seth Abramson absolutely correct post. The trumpist response of course is, "oh you silly libtards, don't you know you are supposed to take Trump seriously but not literally? Roll Eyes Roll EyesRoll Eyes"
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #259 on: January 06, 2020, 09:07:48 PM »

Is Pence giving the speech because Mr. Trump is incapable of doing so, or because he cannot be trusted to do so?

The last time we saw any sort of back and forth from Mr. Trump at all was on Christmas with members of the military, where he remained seated at his desk the entire time (video link at CSPAN).  His statement on Solemani's death was awkward and robotic (even for Mr. Trump).

The last question (not from a friendly and presumably-vetted source) I can find him answering was back on Dec 17th, before his meeting with President Morales of Guatemala
Q    Mr. President, on Guatemala — on Guatemala, are you planning to withhold aid if the new President-elect of Guatemala does not implement your immigration agreement, Mr. President?

PRESIDENT TRUMP:  Guatemala is terrific.

Q    But what if they — the President —

PRESIDENT TRUMP:   Guatemala has been terrific.  Thank you.

The last yellicopter session was Dec 10th, when he explained that rain is wet before slurring his way through a rally in Pennsylvania.

How long he can remain in office as a muppet, I don't know, but I cannot believe he will make it through July, war or no war.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #260 on: January 10, 2020, 10:34:01 AM »
« Edited: January 12, 2020, 11:51:09 AM by Ghost of Ruin »

Still no Q&A. (Likely because his handlers fear the results.) His short speech after Iran's missile attacks was a mess.

Here it is on CSPAN: https://www.c-span.org/video/?467950-1/president-trump-iran-appears-standing-missile-attack#&start=92
Constant sniffing. Burnt sienna face paint that clearly stops well-short of his ears. Bizarre pacing with mid-sentence pauses and words run together. (Likely because he's not so much giving an address, as reading aloud, poorly.) Keeps sticking his tongue out.
~3:30 can't pronounce "terrorist"
~7:50 "tolerided"
~8:20 "Historic a compliments"
~9:25 mispronounces "deterrent" while his face spasms

Pic is not taken out of context. Watch it yourselves. This is beyond politics. This is a sick man who needs a full neurological work-up at the best facilities available.

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #261 on: January 10, 2020, 07:16:02 PM »

Still no Q&A. (Likely because his handlers fear the results.) His short speech after Iran's missile attacks was a mess.

Here it is on CSPAN: https://www.c-span.org/video/?467950-1/president-trump-iran-appears-standing-missile-attack#&start=92
Constant sniffing. Burnt sienna face paint that clearly stops well-shot of his ears. Bizarre pacing with mid-sentence pauses and words run together. (Likely because he's not so much giving an address, as reading aloud, poorly.) Keeps sticking his tongue out.
~3:30 can't pronounce "terrorist"
~7:50 "tolerided"
~8:20 "Historic a compliments"
~9:25 mispronounces "deterrent" while his face spasms

Pic is not taken out of context. Watch it yourselves. This is beyond politics. This is a sick man who needs a full neurological work-up at the best facilities available.

But Biden! We need to get to the oranges of his stammers instead!
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #262 on: January 12, 2020, 12:09:08 AM »
« Edited: January 12, 2020, 11:51:57 AM by Ghost of Ruin »

Trump was "interviewed" (fed friendly questions) by Fox News' Laura Ingraham on 1/10/2020.

The standard orange facepaint wasn't as bad overall, but looks worse than usual around his eyes.

He started seated and remained seated for the entire interview. (I'm reading some reports that he's having trouble walking. I don't see it myself, but I do notice that he often starts seated before cameras come in, and remains seated until after they leave.

Trump was talking very fast for him, and not slurring. This was  a much different Trump from the one we've seen speaking publicly in recent weeks.

In control of his own vocabulary choice, he avoids complex words.

And he rants and rambles when not carefully kept on topic by Ingram.  

Overall, its the the best he's done in about a month, but its under very tightly controlled circumstances.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #263 on: January 12, 2020, 06:49:44 AM »

Trump has started 2020 on a high.

Imagine if he wins re-election.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #264 on: January 12, 2020, 08:00:24 PM »

Trump has started 2020 on a high.

Imagine if he wins re-election.

A PCP high maybe.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #265 on: January 13, 2020, 12:34:44 AM »

The MSM has taken notice of the slurring. Joy Reid on MSNBC covered it this morning. The word "dementia" came up as a possible reason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8AxyEZ7c68

This is bad for Benedict Donald and his enablers. Once his mental decline starts attracting eyeballs, the coverage of it will never stop. Even if he doesn't get worse - and he will get much worse - putting words in his mouth or keeping him out of sight (like today) will stop working.  Thirty-two weeks until the RNC. Ten weeks after that to the election. As I've predicted elsewhere, he's not going to make it.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #266 on: January 13, 2020, 04:50:38 AM »

Slurring can be a loose dentures thing, not necessarily a dementia thing. Devil's advocate.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #267 on: January 16, 2020, 07:15:26 AM »

While the media overall continues to normalize Donald, the curtain is slipping. CNN calls out his rambling at this signing of his Phase One Chinese trade deal as "surreal":

The President veered between various recollections of Republican senators -- Lindsey Graham a "much better golfer than people would understand," Chuck Grassley made James Comey "choke like a dog" -- to an upcoming Mount Rushmore fireworks display he claimed to have saved from cancellation by environmentalists.

"What can burn? It's stone," he said. A recent US Geological Survey report cited past fireworks displays as the probable cause for elevated concentrations of contaminants in groundwater near the monument.
He recalled finding a pair of sneakers he'd autographed listed on eBay for $5,000, wondering who would consider exploiting him like that: "I say, what kind of people are these?"

He offered a vivid description of Larry Kudlow, his top economic adviser, standing in the White House driveway, "a beautiful scarf waving in the wind, he was everything perfect, right out of Greenwich, Connecticut."

And he described ongoing diplomatic efforts with North Korea as "a very, very beautiful game of chess, or game of poker, or, I can't use the word checkers, 'cause it's far greater than any checker game that I've ever seen."

Video link w unedited transcript here:
https://www.c-span.org/video/?468176-1/president-trump-signs-trade-agreement-china&start=1445#
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #268 on: January 23, 2020, 12:27:01 AM »

Recently at Davos we saw Mr. Trump in a public and uncontrolled setting for the first time in over a month. For a criminal with decaying mental faculties, he didn't do badly.

Sure, there was odd enunciation and tone as Mr. Trump read in front of  a microphone while staring at his speech and sniffing constantly. But its possible the sniffing and awful delivery could be from just being too stupid to give a speech or use a microphone rather than dementia, although he has been able to do both in the past.  His answers were mostly snippets from some self-selected (and ever-shrinking) "Best of Trump" catalog, but his response to a question on Greta Thunberg stands out of exceptionally bizarre.

Video link here at CSPAN.

From the White House transcript:

Q    Yes, Mr. President.  You were the keynote speaker here, but you shared some of the spotlight with a Scandinavian teenager: Greta Thunberg —

THE PRESIDENT:  Oh, that’s very nice.

Q    — who you had said needs to work on her anger.  She had some very harsh words about —

THE PRESIDENT:  I didn’t say “anger.”  I said “anger management.”

Q    “Anger management.”  Yes, sir.

She had some very strong words here that the United States and other industrialized countries need to do more.  Do you still feel that you’re doing enough?  You talk about clean air —

THE PRESIDENT:  How old — how old is she?

Q    She’s —

Q    Seventeen.

Q    Seventeen now.  Yes.

THE PRESIDENT:  Oh.  That’s good.

Q    But what is your response to her —

THE PRESIDENT:  She beat me out on TIME Magazine.

Q    But did you hear from other world leaders and business leaders who said that they think that she has a message that you should listen to?

THE PRESIDENT:  No, I didn’t, actually.  But I would have loved to have seen her speak.  I did not.

Q    Do you still think climate change is hoax?

THE PRESIDENT:  No, not at all.  I think what is — I think aspects of it are.  I think that some people are — they put it at a level that is, you know, unrealistic, to a point you can’t live your lives.

We want to have the cleanest water on Earth.  We want to have the cleanest air on Earth.  Our numbers, as you saw — we had record numbers come out very recently.  Our numbers are very, very good — our environmental numbers.  Our water numbers, our — our numbers on air are tremendous.

We have to do something about other continents.  We have to do something about other countries.  When we’re clean and beautiful and everything is good, but you have another continent where the fumes are rising at levels that you can’t believe — I mean, I think Greta ought to focus on those places.

But we are doing better right now than we’ve ever done, in terms of cleanliness, in terms of numbers.  We have a beautiful ocean called the Pacific Ocean, where thousands and thousands of tons of garbage flows toward us, and that’s put there by other countries.  So I think Greta has to start working on those other countries.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #269 on: January 23, 2020, 09:53:05 AM »

To say that the United States is doing enough to combat climate change because it got "tremendous water numbers" is just nonsensical gibberish.

a) Wtf are "water numbers" anyway? How much litres of water the ocean consists of? Specifics ain't Trump's strong suit... at all.

b) Assuming that he's referring to the "garbage in the ocean" he mentions a moment later, this hasn't anything to do with climate change... at all.

In essence, that's like having a flat tire on your car and then saying to your mechanic: "We don't need to change the tire! My car's steering wheel has tremendous numbers." It's gibberish.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #270 on: January 23, 2020, 12:47:41 PM »

Trump Says We Should Protect The Inventor Of The Wheel
https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/trump-wheel-inventor-rocket_n_5e28b976c5b6779e9c2d1b2f

“I was worried about him, because he’s one of our great geniuses, and we have to protect our genius,” Trump said of Musk. “You know, we have to protect Thomas Edison, and we have to protect all of these people that came up with, originally, the lightbulb, and the wheel and all of these things.”

The wheel made its first appearance in Mesopotamia — an ancient region that corresponds mostly to present-day Iraq — around 3,500 B.C.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #271 on: January 23, 2020, 03:24:32 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2020, 03:29:52 PM by Ye Olde Europe »

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/trump-wheel-inventor-rocket_n_5e28b976c5b6779e9c2d1b2f

“I was worried about him, because he’s one of our great geniuses, and we have to protect our genius,” Trump said of Musk. “You know, we have to protect Thomas Edison, and we have to protect all of these people that came up with, originally, the lightbulb, and the wheel and all of these things.”

The wheel made its first appearance in Mesopotamia — an ancient region that corresponds mostly to present-day Iraq — around 3,500 B.C.

Trump's praise of Elon Musk in the same article is also an example of first grader presidency at its peak:

"He's also doing the rockets, he likes rockets, and he does good at rockets, too, by the way. I never saw where the engines come down with no wings, no anything, and they’re landing."
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #272 on: January 23, 2020, 07:57:56 PM »

Well yes, our troops have been protecting the area where the wheel was invented since 2003.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #273 on: January 24, 2020, 10:20:52 AM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #274 on: January 24, 2020, 07:30:01 PM »

Also half of those things are things he wants to do more than what he has to.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies