The elephant in the room - Donald Trump's physical and mental deterioration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:26:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The elephant in the room - Donald Trump's physical and mental deterioration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18
Author Topic: The elephant in the room - Donald Trump's physical and mental deterioration  (Read 41148 times)
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2019, 12:17:20 PM »

People need to stop with this nonsense.

Politicians and Presidents are under almost 24/7 media cameras and scrutiny.
Imagine having a camera follow you around daily for years - it would document some pretty stupid moments. Why? Because it’s human to ‘have a moment’. It just so happens that those moments are exposed for the world to see with Trump et al.

That should make it very easy to produce a video, taken within the last 3 months, of him having a normal conversation, One where he demonstrates both basic understanding of the subject of discussion and the ability to follow the thread of the conversation.

More, it should be easy to produce clips where Obama looks similarly incoherent.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2019, 04:57:57 AM »

He’s gone off the f[inks]ing Mariana Trench end
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2019, 10:01:29 AM »

Note that this was not from his prepared address, but, as noted, from his address to the staff of the US Mission to the UN. Obviously this presentation is intended to be unflattering, but reading the full transcript does not make Mr. Trump look better.

Link to transcript
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2019, 09:40:05 AM »

If Mr. Trump is incapable of even keeping himself together long enough to film ad ad, we will be seeing more campaign ads like the above, using slick graphics, animation and/or recycled footage to depict a version of him that no longer exists. "Official" deepfakes seem likely, too.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2019, 01:12:40 PM »

What the hell did I just watch?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2019, 09:56:28 PM »

The music reminded me of a partial piece of the score from Stranger Things season 1 finale where somebody's life is in danger and they're desperately trying to save them. The ad itself is all about Trump, and the music evoked the thought - "America is dying under Trump and needs saving".
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #131 on: October 02, 2019, 02:13:36 PM »

If Democrats actually believe that Trump is going through dementia, then they are being awfully cruel to respond the way they do in the face of his suffering.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #132 on: October 02, 2019, 02:18:50 PM »

If Democrats actually believe that Trump is going through dementia, then they are being awfully cruel to respond the way they do in the face of his suffering.

Sometimes I’m unsure of whether you’re serious or trolling. Not this time.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: October 02, 2019, 02:26:03 PM »

Either way, it's the truth.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #134 on: October 02, 2019, 02:29:35 PM »

Either way, it's the truth.

I'm not sure that he's as far gone as some here think, but I definitely think he undergoing a serious mental decline. He's a terrible person regardless so I have no sympathy for him.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #135 on: October 02, 2019, 02:30:09 PM »

I think he's getting older and cracking under pressure but I don't give him a mental health pass. He's acting how he's always been. This is who he's always been. Watch old interviews, he's always been a bully, know-nothing, conman, self promoting jerk.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #136 on: October 02, 2019, 07:57:53 PM »

<tweet deleted for space>

If Mr. Trump is incapable of even keeping himself together long enough to film an ad, we will be seeing more campaign ads like the above, using slick graphics, animation and/or recycled footage to depict a version of him that no longer exists. "Official" deepfakes seem likely, too.

And on cue, not one but two Trump ads that don't feature Mr. Trump:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1179542037479202816
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1179502966606352386

If he is nominated, perhaps the acceptance speech will be series of film clips of his favorite sound bytes. (That wouldn't be any less coherent than the Donald Trump we see now.)
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #137 on: October 02, 2019, 08:32:58 PM »

Finland’s President Just Got a Taste of Trump’s Now Daily Meltdowns
At what point do we say enough of this? Every day there's a new episode of Presidential Meltdown, where some event during which the world's most powerful man is meant to be conducting the affairs of state almost instantaneously plummets into some grotesque spectacle. Not every news conference and press gaggle can be co-opted into an opportunity for the president to run through his litany of grievances—petty and grand—in a functioning democratic state. But that is our current reality, another dimension of l'état, c'est Don.

The President of Finland, Sauli Niinistö, came to visit the White House this fine Wednesday, but he surely wishes he didn't. What an incredible disaster. Donald Trump, American president, used an Oval Office photo spray and a subsequent official bilateral press conference to scream and yell about Shifty Adam Schiff and The Collusion Delusion and his Beautiful, Perfect Phone Call With the President of Ukraine, Who's a Really Honorable Guy Who Said There Was No Pressure—No Pressure—and It Was a Perfect Call.

The Oval Office meet-up was decorated by Trump suggesting, sitting next to a foreign leader, that his political opponent should be tried for treason. Again. Everyone is voicing alarm, but this is pretty much normal now, particularly compared with what was to come in the formal presser.

The last 90 seconds or so here are surely just about the most insane minute-and-a-half ever seen in the White House. The president began here yelling about being "the SUCKER country," but that turned out to be the most coherent part. "Are you talking to me?" he asked in a bizarro De Niro, having stood back from the mic, and then he started just straight up screaming at the reporter. The president seems to believe members of the free press are obligated to follow his orders, though he couches it as a matter of civility when he is, even at the moment it's happening, the rudest person in America.

When Mason eventually did follow the enraged directions from the President of the United States to ask the President of Finland a question, Trump jumped in and answered it by yelling about his Wins.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #138 on: October 03, 2019, 12:03:24 AM »

Considering his moral character and his history of cruelty toward others (especially with darker skin), I can't imagine anyone who deserves it more.  And it won't end even after he dies.  His family had better make sure his grave is hidden away so no one can find it. 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: October 03, 2019, 12:28:01 AM »

Considering his moral character and his history of cruelty toward others (especially with darker skin), I can't imagine anyone who deserves it more.  And it won't end even after he dies.  His family had better make sure his grave is hidden away so no one can find it. 

You're not doing a good job convincing me that it's Trump's mental stability that I need to be concerned about.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2019, 12:36:08 AM »

Trump doesn't need sympathy. If he has dementia and is attempting to run a country that is a serious problem for the country. And if he is suffering then it's because he's not acknowledging that he has a problem that needs serious care.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #141 on: October 03, 2019, 02:55:46 AM »

The teachings of Jesus implore us to love Donald Trump and to treat him the way that we would want to be treated. Christ, give me the strength.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: October 03, 2019, 09:52:28 AM »

a reminder:
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #143 on: October 03, 2019, 09:53:58 AM »

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #144 on: October 03, 2019, 03:43:14 PM »

In the middle of his speech today, Mr. Trump has what looks like some sort of whole body spasm where he fails to say "choice".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNXwFR4QGPw&feature=youtu.be&t=3151
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #145 on: October 03, 2019, 03:51:21 PM »

If Mr. Trump is incapable of even keeping himself together long enough to film ad ad, we will be seeing more campaign ads like the above, using slick graphics, animation and/or recycled footage to depict a version of him that no longer exists. "Official" deepfakes seem likely, too.

I expect we'll see Trumpless Trump ads scaring us with bomb-throwing antifa protestors, hoards of MS-13 gangs hopping across the border with steralite bins full of meth, distorted images of the Dem candidate in front of a backdrop of food lines in Venezuela, Ilhan Omar saying her noon prayers...

I'm gonna just go ahead and not watch tv, or youtube, or use social media, or browse the web at all for the next 13 months.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #146 on: October 03, 2019, 11:35:20 PM »

Something that struck me this evening, that I haven't seen much coverage of: just how insane the whole "Ukrainegate and beyond" thing is. And I don't just mean Mr. Trump's self-impeaching confessions over the past week or so. I mean the whole thing is utterly bat-poop crazy from start to finish. It's like we're all desensitized to the Trump and Republican insanity of the last three years that we really can't see things objectively. (Or maybe it's just me. ;-))

Consider, for a moment, how the same circumstances could have played out with a sane Republican administration: don't pressure anyone, don't send personal agents on quixotic quests around the world, certainly don't get Cabinet officials to do campaign errands to dig up dirt. Just wait, and have campaign staffers dig (legally) on Hunter Biden and his business and life and connections with his father. If Biden doesn't win the nomination, let it go. If he does win the nomination, then at a good time - maybe right after labor day, open up on Hunter. Run a campaign that pushes past the truth into plausible lies (or not). Have it run by proxies, or from the campaign. Make the allegations of corruption, Biden favoring his son, Hunter's business deals.

It's going to hit pretty damn hard. And there's no need to break any laws to do it. So why engage in the crazy, felonious, damning wild goose chase to begin with?

Who thought withholding aid, flying Giuliani around, having Pompeo pressure people, and so on, was an even remotely good idea?

Have the Republicans in general and the White House in particular drunk their own Infowars cool-aid?

Has Mr. Trump gone off the deep end, and everyone just goes along with it?

Is someone pushing him into signing off on this pointless insanity?

It's probably "all of the above", but I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around the reality that the Trump Administration isn't just amoral, or corrupt, or even criminal (though it is all of those), it's that our Executive Branch is completely insane.

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #147 on: October 04, 2019, 09:54:40 AM »

Unfit for Office - Donald Trump’s narcissism makes it impossible for him to carry out the duties of the presidency in the way the Constitution requires. (10/3/2019, George Conway in The Atlantic)
In short, now that the House of Representatives has embarked on an impeachment inquiry, one of the most important judgments it must make is whether any identified breaches of duty are likely to be repeated. And if a Senate trial comes to pass, that issue would become central as well to the decision to remove the president from office. That’s when Trump’s behavioral and psychological characteristics should—must—come into play. From the evidence, it appears that he simply can’t stop himself from putting his own interests above the nation’s. Any serious impeachment proceedings should consider not only the evidence and the substance of all impeachable offenses, but also the psychological factors that may be relevant to the motivations underlying those offenses. Congress should make extensive use of experts—psychologists and psychiatrists. Is Trump so narcissistic that he can’t help but use his office for his own personal ends? Is he so sociopathic that he can’t be trusted to follow, let alone faithfully execute, the law?

Congress should consider all this because that’s what the question of impeachment demands. But there’s another reason as well. The people have a right to know, and a need to see. Many people have watched all of Trump’s behavior, and they’ve drawn the obvious conclusion. They know something’s wrong, just as football fans knew that the downed quarterback had shattered his leg. Others have changed the channel, or looked away, or chosen to deny what they’ve seen. But if Congress does its job and presents the evidence, those who are in denial won’t be able to ignore the problem any longer. Not only because of the evidence itself, but because Donald Trump will respond in pathological ways—and in doing so, he’ll prove the points against him in ways almost no one will be able to ignore.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #148 on: October 04, 2019, 10:07:39 AM »

George Conway is married to Kellyanne Conway.  You have to wonder what their home conversations are like. Smiley
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #149 on: October 04, 2019, 04:28:19 PM »

George Conway is married to Kellyanne Conway.  You have to wonder what their home conversations are like. Smiley
Constant, CONSTANT very good sex is the only way I can see that working. It's really none of our business though, I suppose.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies