Concord, CA police foil neo-Nazi terror plot
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:57:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Concord, CA police foil neo-Nazi terror plot
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Concord, CA police foil neo-Nazi terror plot  (Read 3211 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2019, 07:31:14 PM »

I'm a gamer, and it's pretty obvious since Gamergate that there is some sort of dark underbelly to the video game playing community. Gamergate was a real canary in the coal mine for a lot that would happen in the future, come to think of it.

However, I still don't think it reflects on anything close to the majority or even a plurality of gamers. I'm glad this guy got caught, and I'm glad that a fellow gamer did his civic duty as the one who helped him get detained. It's still indicative of a disturbing trend among reactionaries though, even ignoring gaming. This won't be the last of these we see.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2019, 09:40:24 AM »

I'm calling for a total and complete shutdown of young white males entering this country, until we can figure out what the hell is going on.
Fine by me. No Syrians, no Swedes, no Samoans, no Siamese, no Somalis, and no Salvadorans. There. Everyone’s happy now.

As a Basque-American, I'll gladly return to my homeland if all those dastardly Indo-Europeans will return to the steppes from whence they came and leave Europe to us actual Europeans.

Wait, are you actually Basque?  That's awesome!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2019, 09:48:41 AM »

It's always California, isn't it?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2019, 09:55:58 AM »

I'm calling for a total and complete shutdown of young white males entering this country, until we can figure out what the hell is going on.

Are mixed race Hispanics considered white now?

Take into consideration that on the US census form, all Hispanics are classified as "White."
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2019, 10:55:03 AM »

Take into consideration that on the US census form, all Hispanics are classified as "White."

Well, even though I appreciate the humor and definitely the point/critique being made in the quoted post, then that plan would definitely backfire. Wink
Wazza [INACTIVE]
Wazza1901
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2019, 11:34:58 AM »

My understanding is ones status of a Hispanic is treated as separate in racial questioning on the US census, so that one can identify as Hispanic and as white, black, biracial, other, etc. So in that case you are wrong and not all Hispanics are counted as white.

Regardless, its rather obvious this man's ancestry is not entirely derived from Europe. He looks mixed race. So my point still stands.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2019, 12:11:31 PM »

My understanding is ones status of a Hispanic is treated as separate in racial questioning on the US census, so that one can identify as Hispanic and as white, black, biracial, other, etc. So in that case you are wrong and not all Hispanics are counted as white.

Regardless, its rather obvious this man's ancestry is not entirely derived from Europe. He looks mixed race. So my point still stands.

It's the other way around.
In past census forms, one who is Hispanic would identify themselves as White, and then there is a sub-question to ask if you consider yourself Hispanic.
But they could make a change for the new census next year.
I advise you stick to topics like kangaroos.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2019, 12:18:47 PM »

Our entire use of "Latino" and "Hispanic" separately and together is completely nonsensical from a historic ethno-linguistic standpoint, anyway.
Wazza [INACTIVE]
Wazza1901
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2019, 01:11:12 PM »

It's the other way around.
In past census forms, one who is Hispanic would identify themselves as White, and then there is a sub-question to ask if you consider yourself Hispanic.
But they could make a change for the new census next year.
I advise you stick to topics like kangaroos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States_Census
"Race and ethnicity are considered separate and distinct identities, with Hispanic or Latino origin asked as a separate question."

Additionally, according to the US census in 2000 and 2010, only 48% and 53% of Hispanics identified as white respectively. So you are not correct in saying all Hispanics are classified as white.
https://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-02.pdf
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2019, 03:26:25 PM »

Fine by me. No Syrians, no Swedes, no Samoans, no Siamese, no Somalis, and no Salvadorans. There. Everyone’s happy now.
Good idea Sanchez. We'll only let in AMERICANS. Definitely the first people here and the first to metaphorically plant
t their flag in Alaska more then 20,000 years ago. The white Euro colonizers and other tribes can stay, but we won't be accepting any more of them. America First.
So, is the reason you bold the word “Sanchez” because I’m supposedly Hispanic? Because if you’re dumb enough to buy that, I also have a bridge in Tampa for sale.
LOL no. It's because I called you Fuzzy by accident and had to go back and edit my post to fix your name. Why wouldn't you be hispanic? That Trump pipe bomb cuck was hispanic and he was more hardcore even than you.

He has a Filipino father and an Italian mother, neither of which is Hispanic.   
Hollywood
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2019, 04:53:43 PM »

I'm a gamer, and it's pretty obvious since Gamergate that there is some sort of dark underbelly to the video game playing community. Gamergate was a real canary in the coal mine for a lot that would happen in the future, come to think of it.

However, I still don't think it reflects on anything close to the majority or even a plurality of gamers. I'm glad this guy got caught, and I'm glad that a fellow gamer did his civic duty as the one who helped him get detained. It's still indicative of a disturbing trend among reactionaries though, even ignoring gaming. This won't be the last of these we see.

The majority of Gamers hate Anita Sarkessian due to the GamerGate controversy.  It is a major reason the left lost ground amongst many progressive, left-leaning men, and independents within the gamer community.  Her lies forced the gamer community to the right at a time when you needed those very people to be on your side during the 2016 election (not saying it was a major factor, but it was definitely big).  To this very day, many lefty gamers remember the disrespect, false narrative, witch-hunt and pain that resulted, which is demonstrated by their support for right-wingers such as Steven Crowder and others during this unjustified assault on free speech by leftist pressuring Youtube.   People like her represent the very reason I joined the anti-SJW cause, and naturally, folks on the right. I had had enough.

Let me go into detail for anyone that isn’t aware.  GamerGate was a false narrative resulted from Smollet-like fraudster, Anita Sarkeesian, who is a accused of lying about the content of video games to promote her theory that video games discriminate against women, providing low ratings for games she criticizes unfairly, failing to play the games she plays, and rampant sexism of men.   She has offended numerous men in the video game community with her anti-male hate speech, and the community has gathered evidence that her opinions are based solely on her hatred.  Obviously, GamerGate inspired teenage and low-IQ men to post sexist comments, which is the entire subject GamerGate narrative, as well as the crux of complaints against the journalists that misrepresented the story.   Essentially it was fake news.

Evidence of Anita Sarkesians fraud are all over the internet to support her claims of sexism in video game content.  In a video of her supposedly playing Grand Theft Auto, Anita Sarkeseen claimed that the game tasked her with beating up strippers to win.  It was suppose to be her most egregious evidence of sexism.  This was a lie.  The game tasked her with sneaking around a strip club unseen to complete a mission.  She just went around beating up strippers to make the game look like it was promoting violence against women. 

The real victims of GamerGate were all the content producers on social media and Youtube that were unfairly accused of inciting sexism against Anita Sarkessian.  Some people had their livelihoods threatened due to Anita’s fraud, and many had their reputations destroyed.  She was the one that incited sexist comments against, and totally responsible for inciting people to make the same kinds of threats any type of racist or sexist would receive on Youtube.  She is not a feminist hero.  She is the same as a hypothetical woman that falsely accuses man of rape, and then writes a book about her experience as the victim of sexual assault.  If she could, she would.  Anything to help her career. SHE IS A SEXIST AND A MONSTER, AND SHE IS HAPPY TO HURT OTHERS FOR THE MERE.LY CRITICIZING HER DISGUSTING WORLDVIEW.
Hollywood
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2019, 05:35:14 PM »

Why isn't the white community condemning this? I get that some are probably good people, but the rest are bringing in drugs, gangs and crime.

Who isn't condemning this man?  I'm Jewish.  To me this man is the most disgusting POS, but I don't want to keep apologizing for the misdeeds of NAZIs because of the color of my skin.  I find it offense.  Worst of all, I would like to see others apologize for the acts of individuals in their communities.  We are still waiting for the Hispanic politicians to condemn the Mexican individuals that bring drugs and crime into this country that results in thousands of deaths.  We keep waiting for black politicians to apologize for violent crimes of African American individuals.  We continue to wait for female Democrat politicians to apologize for the rape allegations shown shown to be false made by women against Brett Kavanaugh. All the people economically and socially harmed by Anita Sarkesian's lie will not receive an apology, but instead, receive her saliva projecting in their general direction. How about put their feet under the fire. Why don't liberals from Oberlin College who falsely claimed white bakery owners of racism apologize for their movement and organization.  That's when Democrats can come back and talk to me about morality. Cause I'm damn tired of apologizing for people I don't know, and I'm offended that Democrats of various races and sex won't apologize for the misdeeds of people in their community. 
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2019, 05:40:17 PM »

Anglo-Americans built this country for you.
I'm white myself, which I assume is what you mean by Anglo-American... although it's a pretty vague term.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2019, 05:42:02 PM »

"White Hispanics" are a thing, and Hispanic isn't a race, it's an ethnicity.
regardless, even if this man was Hispanic or Asian or whatever else, obviously 99% of Neo-Nazis are white men.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2019, 05:48:51 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2019, 06:31:17 PM by Crumpets »

As a Basque-American, I'll gladly return to my homeland if all those dastardly Indo-Europeans will return to the steppes from whence they came and leave Europe to us actual Europeans.

Wait, are you actually Basque?  That's awesome!

I am indeed! Smiley It's not the majority of my ancestry, but it's the side of my family that came over to the US most recently and left the biggest impact on my upbringing.
Hollywood
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2019, 06:13:00 PM »

regardless, even if this man was Hispanic or Asian or whatever else, obviously 99% of Neo-Nazis are white men.

Who the hell cares?  It's like saying 99% of terrorists are Muslims, but many leftists aside for Bill Maher think this is unfair.  At least I can respect Bill Maher for staying consistent.  I learned long ago that Anti-Semitism is not just a white problem.  I've seen and experienced it from a variety of groups, and there are a many many enclaves within the Central and Southern American communities.  

In fact, there's a dark history about Nazi's escaping to south America during and after the war.  There was also a giant Nazi movement within Mexico during that time, and Germany felt comfortable asking Mexico for an Alliance.  Mexico rejected it, and later joined with the United States after German U-Boats sunk a Mexican oil tanker carrying oil to the United States.  Goebbels made great efforts to influence Central and South America.  The only thing that kept Mexico from joining the U.S. was the flow of money coming in from the U.S., and capitalists weren't going to reject it.  The U.S. was buying every material they could.  The U.S. had ample evidence of Mexico-German relations, including intercepting messages between the parties.  One of the parties in Mexico spoke in favor of the Nazis, and pamphlets were found in Central and Southern American countries supporting the movement.  The strongest anti-semetic movements occurred in South America, such as Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Bolivia, Chile, and Uraguay.  You only really here about Argentina, because that's where a lot of Nazis went to hide.  

The impact of Nazism in Central and South America based on these strong ties is not fully known, but imagine nobody wants to take a closer look anymore.  However, I think the lesson from these relations is that the personal convictions, in addition to moral compass, of any group or nation can be bought.  At least for a time.  Germany was offering lands taken by the United States, and the U.S. was offering beautiful beautiful money.  Capitalism won out, but Mexico didn't become our friend.  Many of their citizens would still like the land the U.S. won in the war.  
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2019, 07:17:13 PM »

The term Anglo was mostly used, IMO, back when being of non-English ancestry was some type of semi-unique attribute that hinted at you being a new immigrant or disadvantaged racial group, and it always sounds kind of funny to me when people still use it.  You really think an Italian or Irish American still faces any real societal disadvantage, much less a German or Scandinavian American??
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2019, 08:51:17 PM »

The majority of Gamers hate Anita Sarkessian due to the GamerGate controversy.  It is a major reason the left lost ground amongst many progressive, left-leaning men, and independents within the gamer community.  Her lies forced the gamer community to the right at a time when you needed those very people to be on your side during the 2016 election (not saying it was a major factor, but it was definitely big).  To this very day, many lefty gamers remember the disrespect, false narrative, witch-hunt and pain that resulted, which is demonstrated by their support for right-wingers such as Steven Crowder and others during this unjustified assault on free speech by leftist pressuring Youtube.   People like her represent the very reason I joined the anti-SJW cause, and naturally, folks on the right. I had had enough.

Let me go into detail for anyone that isn’t aware.  GamerGate was a false narrative resulted from Smollet-like fraudster, Anita Sarkeesian, who is a accused of lying about the content of video games to promote her theory that video games discriminate against women, providing low ratings for games she criticizes unfairly, failing to play the games she plays, and rampant sexism of men.   She has offended numerous men in the video game community with her anti-male hate speech, and the community has gathered evidence that her opinions are based solely on her hatred.  Obviously, GamerGate inspired teenage and low-IQ men to post sexist comments, which is the entire subject GamerGate narrative, as well as the crux of complaints against the journalists that misrepresented the story.   Essentially it was fake news.

Evidence of Anita Sarkesians fraud are all over the internet to support her claims of sexism in video game content.  In a video of her supposedly playing Grand Theft Auto, Anita Sarkeseen claimed that the game tasked her with beating up strippers to win.  It was suppose to be her most egregious evidence of sexism.  This was a lie.  The game tasked her with sneaking around a strip club unseen to complete a mission.  She just went around beating up strippers to make the game look like it was promoting violence against women. 

The real victims of GamerGate were all the content producers on social media and Youtube that were unfairly accused of inciting sexism against Anita Sarkessian.  Some people had their livelihoods threatened due to Anita’s fraud, and many had their reputations destroyed.  She was the one that incited sexist comments against, and totally responsible for inciting people to make the same kinds of threats any type of racist or sexist would receive on Youtube.  She is not a feminist hero.  She is the same as a hypothetical woman that falsely accuses man of rape, and then writes a book about her experience as the victim of sexual assault.  If she could, she would.  Anything to help her career. SHE IS A SEXIST AND A MONSTER, AND SHE IS HAPPY TO HURT OTHERS FOR THE MERE.LY CRITICIZING HER DISGUSTING WORLDVIEW.

Please get laid.
Wazza [INACTIVE]
Wazza1901
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2019, 04:20:28 AM »

I'm aware Hispanic is a ethno-cultural term and not a racial term, which is why I described him as "mixed race". Regardless, this man obviously isn't a White Hispanic/Criollo. Thus, using this incident to attack white males is absurd.
Wazza [INACTIVE]
Wazza1901
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2019, 04:33:35 AM »

noun
noun: Anglo-American; plural noun: Anglo-Americans
an American born in England or of English ancestry.

This is in line with how the term Anglo and Anglo-Australian is used here, to identify Australians of English ancestry. Its funny how this is hard for Yanks to grasp lol. RIP WASP culture.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2019, 05:00:24 AM »

Why is "gamer" even discussed in this context? Not that I play videogames (either a perk or a curse of my parentage), I'm led to assume that tons of normal people play video games. Some are active duty military, some are minorities, some have jobs, some are probably even left-wing. So far as I can tell it's as much a coherent community as are people that drive cars or vote.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2019, 12:11:50 PM »

Maybe it’s just me, but somehow I don’t think “gamer defections to Republicans” are why Trump won
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2019, 04:10:39 PM »

Maybe it’s just me, but somehow I don’t think “gamer defections to Republicans” are why Trump won

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2019, 07:56:01 PM »

Well, speaking for myself, I am not suggesting that at all with my earlier post. I was just noting that Gamergate demonstrated how the internet can be used to fuel hate and tribalism which can indirectly lead to the rise of figures like Trump or communities like the alt-right.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2019, 12:44:04 PM »

Remember when the only negative connotations with being a “gamer” was that you were a socially awkward nerd instead of being a reactionary, violent, Hitler Youth in the making 

That's an unfair generalization.  Some are very liberal, at least among the (admittedly small) set that I know personally.

I would guess neo-nazi types are more hypermasculine douches and not what you would call "nerds". At least that's what I see in pics of these protests. A lot of built guys with shaved heads or crew cuts.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies