Office of Harry S Truman (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:00:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Harry S Truman (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Harry S Truman  (Read 12663 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« on: July 15, 2019, 05:08:29 AM »

15 July 2019

In the name of the Commonwealth and the Union, I call on the Southern Chamber to adopt the amendment brought by the governor of that region striking the insulting and incendiary demands from the proposed PRAG-Co bill. The failure of the amendment would mean the collapse of negotiations between our regions to restore free trade and end the Southern-instigated trade war. The only path forward is mutual and unconditional disarmament, a course we may pray the Chamber is wise enough to take.

Harry S Truman, MFP

Wanting the democratic process to be respected is "insulting an incendiary"? Considering your militaristic, expansionist rhetoric, the one who is truly using insulting an incendiary demands is yourself.

Proposing an amendment to the above amendment.

Section 2: Text

1. The Carry On My Wayward Son Act is hereby repealed in full.

2. This legislation will come into full effect only when all the following criteria have been met:
a. It has been signed by the First Minister
b. Legislation of a similar nature in the regions of Lincoln and the South has repealed.
c. The regions of Lincoln and the South have passed a resolution stating that they respect the unqualified supremacy of the Commonwealth of Frémont.
d. The South passes a resolution taking complete and total responsibility for initiating this pointless charade.
e. The South passes legislation immediately ceding Kansas to the Commonwealth of Frémont.
f. The South passes legislation transferring all territory west of the Mississippi River to Frémontian jurisdiction within one year of its passage.

Time for Frémont to invade, I guess! The stars and bars flying above Kansas is an unacceptable outcome.

1) The winning design isn't the stars and bars.
2) The winning design isn't the flag of the south currently.
3) Calling for Invasion over the result of a referendum doesn't strike one as being a mature action for a former president of Atlasia.
4) The President made reference to mobilizing the national guard if option one (the most Stars and Bars like flag) wasn't chosen.

Quote from: President Griffin (on discord)

Wanting assurances in light of your repeated militaristic, expansionist rhetoric seems quite natural.
Thankfully I am on decent terms with the First Minister who is acting far more presidential than yourself. Also I would have you and your electors know that I drafted the following legislation to further regional dialogue before this all blew up:

I submit this bill for consideration of the house in the spirit of governmental co-operation.

Section I: Title
1.1 This act shall be know as the Council Of Atlasian Governments or CoAG Act

Section II: Terms
2.1 Atlasian Government: a Government Administration of the regions of Atlasia (Fremont, Linlcoln and the South) or Federal Level of Atlasia.
2.2 A quorum for a CoAG shall consist of no less than one representative per Atlasian Government.

Section III: The Council
3.1 At least once per Presidential Administration a Council of Atlasian Governments shall be held to discuss legislative cooperation, standardization or reciprocity.
3.2 An agenda should be set no less than one week before the council.
3.3 Regional CoAG delegate/s shall be appointed by the regional head of state.
3.4 CoAG Federal delegate/s shall be either the Secretary of Internal Affairs, President or Vice President or any combination there of.
3.5 Resolutions, while non binding, shall be pursued in the relevant legislature.

Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 03:49:31 AM »

It hasn't, Lincoln hasn't passed their repeal yet. And the Southern law doesn't come into affect until Lincoln repeals and our law doesn't come into affect until the South repeals.
If i can channel yourself for a moment. Need I point out that:

Quote from: PRAG-Co Act Section IV: Triggers for partial or full effect
4.1) If Section IV: A, B have been fulfilled the bill is in full effect with regards to the region of Lincoln.
4.2) If Section IV: A, C have been fulfilled the bill is in full effect with regards to the region of Fremont.

This bill will come into full effect only when all the following criteria have been met:
A) It has been signed by the Governor of the South.
B) Legislation of a similar nature in the region of Lincoln has repealed/tabled.
C) Legislation of a similar nature in the region of Fremont has repealed/tabled.

honorable actions of reasonable people in the Chamber of Delegates... I thank those in the South who put aside selfishness and sectionalism to act in the best interests of the Union...
Cheers Harry Wink
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 06:40:23 AM »

The Labor party should be the party of fiscal responsibility - Harry "Lebensraum" Truman

Quote from: Labor Reps, Griffin Regime
JGibson
MB
Wulfric

Quote from: HR 19-34: Operation Appropriations Freedom Resolution
Operation Appropriations Freedom Resolution

To repeal the Paygo rule and allow more flexibility in the appropriation of funding in bills.

Be it resolved in the Atlasian House Assembled,

Section 1.

Article 2 of the House of the Representatives Rules and Procedures for Operation shall be amended by striking section 7 with succeeding sections renumbered accordingly.
Sponsor: JGibson/MB

Quote from:  Article 2, Section 7 of House of the Representatives Rules and Procedures for Operation
7.) All bills appropriating money must either raise taxes or cut other spending to cover the costs of the appropriations contained therein. Exempted from this shall be emergency legislation declared as such by the President in clause 2.D of this section. In addition such bills must have any funding increases and decreases connected to a specific federal department budget. Any bill that includes a funding change that is not connected to a specific federal department budget shall not be able to be brought to a final vote. The House may override this section with a 2/3rds vote.

Quote from: JGibson, Labor - HR 19-34: Operation Appropriations Freedom Resolution
AYE
Quote from: MB, Labor - HR 19-34: Operation Appropriations Freedom Resolution
Aye
Quote from: Wulfric aka Dwarven Dragon, Labor - HR 19-34: Operation Appropriations Freedom Resolution
Aye

LOL
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 03:02:51 AM »

I do not speak so softly, and I carry a bigger stick...we will destroy them so completely...

Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 06:17:44 PM »

28 March 2022

Fellow citizens, the police action in Kansas is a success. The border ruffians cower before the might of Frémont.

This is a great moral victory for the forces of freedom. Nashville can now no longer mistake the consequences of continued atrocities in Kansas.

The president has seen fit to suspend Order 55-02. I order our troops to stand back and stand by as we await further developments.

In the coming days, we will seek a settlement to confirm the sovereign rights of Frémont to embrace all her rightful ancestral lands.

God is dead, and we shall have a new era.

Harry S Truman
OK Putin
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2022, 07:59:32 AM »

Quote from: Harry S Putin 13th April 2022

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies