NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:50:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 80
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112307 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: October 31, 2022, 04:45:47 PM »

Cuomo would likely be doing better than Hochul.Say what you will about the guy but he understood how NY’s swing voters think, and he wouldn’t have been asleep while Republicans attacked him for months for being pro-crime. He may have even done the smart thing and repealed the horrendously unpopular bail reform and/or fired some of the most egregiously pro-crime DAs.

Imagine actually believing this
Duke of York

« Reply #1676 on: October 31, 2022, 04:56:52 PM »

Cuomo would likely be doing better than Hochul. Say what you will about the guy but he understood how NY’s swing voters think, and he wouldn’t have been asleep while Republicans attacked him for months for being pro-crime. He may have even done the smart thing and repealed the horrendously unpopular bail reform and/or fired some of the most egregiously pro-crime DAs.

this is all beyond doubtful. Part of the problem with bail reform is the messaging surrounding it. The governor doesn't have the authority to repeal a law.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1677 on: October 31, 2022, 05:21:36 PM »

Hochul should take a page from Keith Ellison's 2018 playbook and spend the next week just running nasty ads against Zeldin that don't even mention her. Just drive Zeldin's negatives into the stratosphere. It's a lot easier to make voters hate Zeldin than like her.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1678 on: October 31, 2022, 07:38:23 PM »

Zeldin has a better shot at winning here than Hoffmeister does in Okie
doopy pants
Rookie
United States
« Reply #1679 on: October 31, 2022, 07:39:54 PM »

Please Please Please change the Subject line to THE LEGEND OF ZELDIN
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1680 on: October 31, 2022, 08:12:15 PM »

Nah.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1681 on: October 31, 2022, 08:13:29 PM »

Nah.
The only good poll in Okie has Stitt +9, but we have multiple polls where Zeldin is closer.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1682 on: October 31, 2022, 10:38:47 PM »

I've said it on one thread and I'll say it again here:

This is Hochul's race to lose.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1683 on: October 31, 2022, 10:53:53 PM »

In Ascend Action Hofmeister is ahead by 48/45

Nah.
The only good poll in Okie has Stitt +9, but we have multiple polls where Zeldin is closer.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1684 on: October 31, 2022, 10:58:12 PM »

Just for laughs, I decided to check out the 2014 Maryland predictions here, and wow...

A whopping two people had Larry Hogan winning, look what happened.

Not to mention, most people had Maryland as strong D in their confidence rating. Once again, look what happened.

For our Atlas vets here, what was the reaction like on here when Hogan won?
Duke of York

« Reply #1685 on: October 31, 2022, 11:01:16 PM »

Just for laughs, I decided to check out the 2014 Maryland predictions here, and wow...

Not to mention, most people had Maryland as strong D in their confidence rating. Once again, look what happened.

You think Zeldin will win?
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1686 on: October 31, 2022, 11:05:03 PM »

I'll be bold and put this race as tossup/lean D. I think Hochul will pull it off in the end as of now, but I think there's a serious shot of a massive upset.

Sure Zeldin may not win by as much as Hogan did in 2014 (if Zeldin even wins at all), but the possibility is severely underrated in my opinion. Hell, look at New Jersey last year. I don't think that many people here (or at least the vocal ones) expected it to be as close as it was.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1687 on: October 31, 2022, 11:18:18 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2022, 11:28:42 PM by Roll Roons »

I'll be bold and put this race as tossup/lean D. I think Hochul will pull it off in the end as of now, but I think there's a serious shot of a massive upset.

Sure Zeldin may not win by as much as Hogan did in 2014 (if Zeldin even wins at all), but the possibility is severely underrated in my opinion. Hell, look at New Jersey last year. I don't think that many people here (or at least the vocal ones) expected it to be as close as it was.

I thought New Jersey would be a 6 or 7 point margin at best. Don't forget that Cook never moved it out of Safe D.

Honestly, the fact that Trafalgar and Emerson were the only pollsters to even get it in the ballpark are why I'm not writing either off.
Duke of York

« Reply #1688 on: October 31, 2022, 11:21:27 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2022, 09:45:41 AM by Duke of York »

I’m going to go ahead and predict the upset mainly due to lies about cash bail.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1689 on: November 01, 2022, 12:27:08 AM »

Interesting...
kwabbit

« Reply #1690 on: November 01, 2022, 12:31:24 AM »

Interesting...

Someone with Doug Mastriano as their pfp is not a source of objective analysis.
EastwoodS

« Reply #1691 on: November 01, 2022, 12:35:50 AM »
« Edited: November 01, 2022, 01:05:26 AM by EastwoodS »

Dims:

We’re  unironically flipping Oklahoma . Who cares how red the state is, it's happening
Also dims:

Hochul will win by double digits. Anything else is pure unadulterated cope. Ny is too blue.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #1692 on: November 01, 2022, 08:27:28 AM »

Hochul should take a page from Keith Ellison's 2018 playbook and spend the next week just running nasty ads against Zeldin that don't even mention her. Just drive Zeldin's negatives into the stratosphere. It's a lot easier to make voters hate Zeldin than like her.
This has been her entire campaign. Her issue is that NY voters don't need reasons to hate Republicans, they need reasons to like Hochul.

Might add that I suspect Cuomo's network downstate is holding back as revenge here. They have a lot to gain from a Hochul loss.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #1693 on: November 01, 2022, 08:35:37 AM »
« Edited: November 01, 2022, 08:43:23 AM by warandwar »

This could be a big deal

I have doubts. The Orthodox Jews vote almost entirely Republican anyway.
This is not true - they voted as a bloc for Cuomo and Mondaire Jones. They could very well sway the vote for Lawler in Rockland County.
YWN, fwiw, is not the whole community - it is the modox/yeshivish community. Chabad sectors have endorsed Zeldin as well (and Dem Assemblyman Brian Cunningham, lol). AFAIK Satmars, Bobovs, etc have yet to endorse....
Duke of York

« Reply #1694 on: November 01, 2022, 08:42:59 AM »

This has been her entire campaign. Her issue is that NY voters don't need reasons to hate Republicans, they need reasons to like Hochul.

Might add that I suspect Cuomo's network downstate is holding back as revenge here. They have a lot to gain from a Hochul loss.

If that’s the case Cuomo is truly an awful person.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #1695 on: November 01, 2022, 08:44:33 AM »

Took you this long to realize?
Yeah he is a total piece of sh**t - bully, venal, etc, etc.
Duke of York

« Reply #1696 on: November 01, 2022, 08:52:50 AM »

I think Zeldin is going to pull an upset knowing what you said.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #1697 on: November 01, 2022, 09:05:19 AM »

Personally, I doubt it. But it will be close
Duke of York

« Reply #1698 on: November 01, 2022, 09:36:27 AM »

Personally, I doubt it. But it will be close

How close?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1699 on: November 01, 2022, 11:52:05 AM »

Hochul's going to win, but if it's in single digits that's still embarrassing. And I think embarrassing her is enough for Cuomo.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies