NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:52:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112672 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2021, 05:20:27 PM »

The NY GOP choking away winnable races like usual.

Why doesn't New York Yankees president Randy Levine run? He could be electable....
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2021, 06:37:55 PM »

Zeldin will lose by 10-15 points
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2021, 12:38:32 PM »

de Blasio is not electable.

Hochul, DiNapoli, Suozzi, Maloney, Bellone and James are....
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2021, 11:38:45 AM »

The world isn't your pizza shop. De Blasio can beat Cuomo and would win a general election.

Maloney is an anti-vaxxer, she is terrible.

Not that Maloney, Sean Patrick Maloney...
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2021, 03:09:11 PM »

The world isn't your pizza shop. De Blasio can beat Cuomo and would win a general election.

Maloney is an anti-vaxxer, she is terrible.

Not that Maloney, Sean Patrick Maloney...

He is also not great. And he's a Cuomo ally blue dog who is unlikely to run against him.

He'd do well in the suburbs.....
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2021, 10:58:38 AM »

Schumer should consider it.

In all seriousness, while he's doing fine as Majority Leader, progressives would like to see Warren or Sanders as the Democrats leader in the Senate, and I think everyone not named Carl Heastie would like to see Cuomo gone.

Plus, Schumer probably would beat Cuomo in a primary easily at this point.

Schumer and Cuomo don't get along, like egotistical politicians, they keep their distance....

Scott Stringer, Andrew Yang, Ray McGuire and Maya Wiley should consider running for governor as well.

Former NYC comptroller Bill Thompson should consider it as well...
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2021, 07:46:57 PM »

Bill De Blasio not ruling out a primary challenge to Cuomo.

Term-limited Mayor Bill de Blasio refused Monday to rule out a run for governor while his nemesis — embattled Gov. Andrew Cuomo —grapples with multiple investigations over sexual harassment accusations and his handling of the coronavirus.

De Blasio, who completes his term for mayor on Dec. 31, was asked point blank during a press conference whether he would run for governor in 2022. He did not close the door.

“I have not ruled in or ruled out anything. I have not made any decisions about the future,” de Blasio said.

The Post reported in March that de Blasio was talking to advisers about a potential run for governor next year while three-term Democratic incumbent Cuomo is mired in scandal.

deBlasio would give Zeldin a chance at victory....he'd win Long Island, and potentially make de Blasio limited to only winning Westchester, NYC without Staten Island and maybe Erie and Albany counties...
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2021, 10:36:26 AM »

Bill De Blasio not ruling out a primary challenge to Cuomo.

Term-limited Mayor Bill de Blasio refused Monday to rule out a run for governor while his nemesis — embattled Gov. Andrew Cuomo —grapples with multiple investigations over sexual harassment accusations and his handling of the coronavirus.

De Blasio, who completes his term for mayor on Dec. 31, was asked point blank during a press conference whether he would run for governor in 2022. He did not close the door.

“I have not ruled in or ruled out anything. I have not made any decisions about the future,” de Blasio said.

The Post reported in March that de Blasio was talking to advisers about a potential run for governor next year while three-term Democratic incumbent Cuomo is mired in scandal.

deBlasio would give Zeldin a chance at victory....he'd win Long Island, and potentially make de Blasio limited to only winning Westchester, NYC without Staten Island and maybe Erie and Albany counties...

You're delusional.

By the way, why the f**k is Cuomo still in office?

I wonder if James doesn't run, if former Comptroller Bill Thompson or Carl McCall or Steve Bellone will run...
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2021, 10:42:54 AM »

Cuomo won't be Gov, he is guilty on all charges

He's not going anywhere
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2021, 11:30:43 AM »

What about Steve Bellone?

What would be his biggest downsides other than being a centrist Democrat from Suffolk County who is cozy with cop unions?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2021, 01:22:48 PM »

Instead of Governor Hochul, James, Bellone or Suozzi, why not

Governor Hillary Rodham Clinton?

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2021, 02:59:49 PM »

Why won't Hillary want to run? She is bored, she could make history as the first female governor
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2021, 03:03:41 PM »

New York Yankees president and lawyer Randy Levine may run for governor as a Republican I can see....Levine is a MAGAite, a disciple of Rudy Giuliani and could be electable than Zeldin because of his political and sports contacts.....

Do you see it happening?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2021, 11:03:50 AM »

Al Sharpton, a key kingmaker hasn't said anything....will he endorse James, Hochul or DiNapoli?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2021, 04:18:30 PM »

The path to a Zeldin victory is like this:

1) Shore up Long Island. Long Island is his base. He will win Suffolk, but he has to win Nassau.
2) Shore up Hudson Valley/Upstate. He has to do well in W'chester. He has to do well in red Orange County and he has to romp in Dutchess County and Putnam and flip Rockland County, a Jewish county that could be appealing to Zeldin because he is Jewish
3) At least get 30% of the vote overall in NYC other than Staten Island. Zeldin has to rack up numbers in Bay Ridge, Howard Beach, parts of Boro Park and Crown Heights and make inroads in the Black and Latino communities...
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2021, 11:23:44 AM »

What about Comptroller DiNapoli for governor?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2021, 11:12:15 AM »

I don't think Hochul can win a Democratic primary.

She like Gillibrand was a moderate upstate Democrat, she is a white woman, The Black base of the Democratic Party will want James or Williams or Sharpton....

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2021, 11:25:54 AM »

She like Gillibrand was a moderate upstate Democrat, she is a white woman, The Black base of the Democratic Party will want James or Williams or Sharpton....

Unless Hochul really screws up, I don't really see anyone trying to oust the state's first female gov after only a year.

I think she will have problems with Black voters, white cops/firefighters, etc. Likely D. Zeldin can make it a race now, because he will have EVERY police and fire union on his side
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2021, 11:33:03 AM »

Sharpton, James, Suozzi, even Steve Bellone and Carl McCall are all mentioned as challengers to Hochul...
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2021, 11:34:11 AM »

Unless Hochul really screws up, I don't really see anyone trying to oust the state's first female gov after only a year.

I think she will have problems with Black voters, white cops/firefighters, etc. Likely D. Zeldin can make it a race now, because he will have EVERY police and fire union on his side

I think she will win by a decent margin. She has a year and a half to introduce herself to voters.

I think Zeldin can give her a run, he'll lock down EVERY cop in the state and firefighter, even some Black cops, and we know how ruthless police unions are now post-George Floyd...
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2021, 11:41:18 AM »

I think she will win by a decent margin. She has a year and a half to introduce herself to voters.

I think Zeldin can give her a run, he'll lock down EVERY cop in the state and firefighter, even some Black cops, and we know how ruthless police unions are now post-George Floyd...

You've said the same thing three times. Move on.

It's the truth.....
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2021, 11:47:13 AM »

You've said the same thing three times. Move on.

It's the truth.....

It's not though, but okay

It's true, a lot of cops like Xeldin, even Black male ones...
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2021, 02:05:35 PM »

Likely D.

I don't think Hochul will be well-received by the Charles Barrons and Al Sharptons of the world. She will need to pick a Black or Latino running mate and not a woman, a man.

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2021, 12:38:11 PM »

Some people say that Alessandra Biaggi is trying to be Lt. Governor, but she is controversial.

Is it true?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2021, 05:06:03 PM »

She should pick a sane progressive like Williams, if he is sane.

What about Tom DiNapoli, he is from Downstate, from Long Island, the crucial suburban vote is there's for Hochul if she is going to tie Zeldin to Trump....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies