Twitter bans anti-Trump troll brother duo, the Krassensteins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:48:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Twitter bans anti-Trump troll brother duo, the Krassensteins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Twitter bans anti-Trump troll brother duo, the Krassensteins  (Read 1298 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2019, 01:19:49 AM »

We shouldn't be encouraging the social media companies to censor views/people we don't like.

They were banned for making fake accounts, not for being dweebs.
they made twitter socks?  There are twitter socks?  What was their reason/excuse for making them?  Did they know it was against the rules?  How have these questions not been asked?

As I said in the reply just before this, what they are accused of doing is buying fake likes and retweets (through either click farms or bots, distinction is irrelevant here) for the purpose of promoting their content. Since their comments being ranked at the top of the replies for every Trump tweet is literally the only reason they're famous, it gives them a rather compelling reason to do something like this.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2019, 01:29:34 AM »

Why do they need fake likes? They had near a million followers faithfully liking their tweets. I liked virtually every tweet they made.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2019, 01:32:36 AM »

As I said in the reply just before this, what they are accused of doing is buying fake likes and retweets (through either click farms or bots, distinction is irrelevant here) for the purpose of promoting their content. Since their comments being ranked at the top of the replies for every Trump tweet is literally the only reason they're famous, it gives them a rather compelling reason to do something like this.
that's shady

I've heard about this before.  It may make sense if you've got a sh**tty YouTube channel and you can't seem to get over that 200 (or 1000 or whatever) subscriber hump, but if you're "legit" and you get caught doing this...well, it's not a good look.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2019, 11:14:09 AM »

Good riddance. Maybe BRTD will shut up about them. Probably not though.
UncleSam

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2019, 11:43:23 AM »

Twitter is always wrong to ban anyone except for hate groups or those committing hate crimes imo. These trolls are no exception.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2019, 12:08:37 PM »

Why do they need fake likes? They had near a million followers faithfully liking their tweets. I liked virtually every tweet they made.

So you are saying you are fake too? Wow, these new AIs are improving. Maybe olawakandi can learn a thing or two.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2019, 01:39:46 PM »

These two guys who tweeted more than 20 times a day every day and did nothing but rave about how terrible Trump is.

That's not something to brag about.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2019, 01:42:08 PM »

Almost 2000 years ago, another Jewish man stood up to leaders and the existing power structure. He was smeared and called a liar and grifter too, but pressed on. And in the end the authorities of the day banned him...in a far more harsh way.

Hopefully the Krassensteins have a similar comeback and legacy.
Jesus effing Christ...

These two guys who tweeted more than 20 times a day every day and did nothing but rave about how terrible Trump is.

For once, we agree on something. BRTD/de Blasio 2020: Bringing America Together (in opposition to this ticket)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2019, 01:46:48 PM »

Almost 2000 years ago, another Jewish man stood up to leaders and the existing power structure. He was smeared and called a liar and grifter too, but pressed on. And in the end the authorities of the day banned him...in a far more harsh way.

So, instead of the Second Coming of Jesus, it's the return of two Jesuses (or Jesi?)  They aren't twins are they?  The theological implications would be huge.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2019, 02:25:57 PM »

It takes approximately half a second to like a tweet.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2019, 03:04:17 PM »

Are you seriously comparing these dumbasses to Jesus Christ? wtf.

BRTD will probably try to start a new religion, acting as Paul, founded upon 2 "prophets" and their 12 Apostles Sock Accounts.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2019, 03:11:31 PM »

He’s joking about this , right? I honestly can’t tell if this is humor.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2019, 03:35:03 PM »

It takes approximately half a second to like a tweet.

If you ever get a job at the Russian Troll Fabric, you become a $ millionaire in a year  Smiley
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2019, 03:35:28 PM »

They had near a million followers because they bought fake followers initially so they could then promote their own tweets and accumulate even more followers and snowball from there.

This should not have be explained.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2019, 07:33:54 PM »

Oh no!?
Wazza [INACTIVE]
Wazza1901
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2019, 06:36:30 AM »

I oppose this on principle, even if I think the Krassensteins are trash.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2019, 06:55:11 AM »

BRTD will probably try to start a new religion, acting as Paul, founded upon 2 "prophets" and their 12 Apostles Sock Accounts.

"Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."  Matthew 24:23-24
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2019, 10:29:50 AM »

"Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."  Matthew 24:23-24

Yes we know that Trump is a false prophet, and I hope that someone else steps into the Krassenteins' role of demonstrating that.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2019, 10:35:20 AM »

Yes we know that Trump is a false prophet, and I hope that someone else steps into the Krassenteins' role of demonstrating that.

Trump isn't a prophet, and no remotely serious Christian I know believes that.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2019, 10:44:58 AM »

Few Christians are "remotely serious." Also, putting the "I know" qualifier makes your statement worthless.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2019, 10:53:46 AM »

Few Christians are "remotely serious." Also, putting the "I know" qualifier makes your statement worthless.

You don't even know what you're saying when you state that Trump is a "false prophet".  You really don't.  Although I'm sure you think you do.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2019, 02:00:21 PM »

You don't even know what you're saying when you state that Trump is a "false prophet".  You really don't.  Although I'm sure you think you do.

That's ... just a weird accusation. Even if I hadn't had 12 years of Sunday School growing up, I also took Bible classes in college and memorized a lot about it for quiz bowl and later for bar trivia. There's also plenty of information on Google and Wikipedia if my memory fails me.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2019, 01:24:14 PM »

Unless twitter can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that these brothers were themselves responsible for buying bot followers or stuff like that, the ban is wrong. As far as I know, its just as easy to buy bot followers for other people as it is to buy bot followers for oneself.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies