Petulant President abandons infrastructure plans because Dems hurt his feelings
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 08:06:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Petulant President abandons infrastructure plans because Dems hurt his feelings
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Petulant President abandons infrastructure plans because Dems hurt his feelings  (Read 3638 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2019, 05:32:22 PM »

GUYS

Have any of the news people said "Trump seems more interested in burning bridges than rebuilding them" yet?

I just thought of it and I’m happy for them to use it with my permission.

Excellent!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2019, 06:34:19 PM »

GUYS

Have any of the news people said "Trump seems more interested in burning bridges than rebuilding them" yet?

Send that line to every 2020 Democratic candidate. Zingers like these will always play well in our soundbite culture.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2019, 09:06:29 PM »

Watch.
During this White House event, trump once again calls himself an "extremely stable genius."
He also had some of his staff members vouch for him during the trump/Pelosi/Schumer meeting; he had them say, directly into the media cameras, that he was "calm."
Well, we all know that he had another Narcissistic, Orange Tantrum.

Click here: https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/05/23/president-trump-nancy-pelosi-spar-white-house-event-acosta-dnt-tsr-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2019, 12:41:25 AM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/445349-schumer-trump-was-agitated-during-white-house-meting
"I was in the room yesterday, the president was not loud but he was agitated. And his going around and asking all the members who were in the room was he calm or not, is not the point," Schumer said during a press conference at the Capitol.

He added that Trump "walked out after three minutes and wouldn't discuss infrastructure." Asked to describe Trump more broadly, Schumer noted that he's called the president "erratic" and "helter skelter."

"Helter skelter"? That's a pretty odd choice of words.... I think I've heard it somewhere before....
In the months leading up to the Tate/LaBianca murders in August 1969, Charles Manson often spoke to the members of his "Family" about Helter Skelter, an apocalyptic war arising from racial tensions between blacks and whites

Nah. I mean, why would someone compare Trump to notorious a notorious psychopath, criminal and cult leader... oh, right.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2019, 07:06:07 AM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/445349-schumer-trump-was-agitated-during-white-house-meting
"I was in the room yesterday, the president was not loud but he was agitated. And his going around and asking all the members who were in the room was he calm or not, is not the point," Schumer said during a press conference at the Capitol.

He added that Trump "walked out after three minutes and wouldn't discuss infrastructure." Asked to describe Trump more broadly, Schumer noted that he's called the president "erratic" and "helter skelter."

"Helter skelter"? That's a pretty odd choice of words.... I think I've heard it somewhere before....
In the months leading up to the Tate/LaBianca murders in August 1969, Charles Manson often spoke to the members of his "Family" about Helter Skelter, an apocalyptic war arising from racial tensions between blacks and whites

Nah. I mean, why would someone compare Trump to notorious a notorious psychopath, criminal and cult leader... oh, right.

You're reaching here.  The expression "helter skelter" to mean confusion or disorganization has been around far longer than when Manson used it.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2019, 08:33:05 AM »

This was like the one issue where I kinda agreed with Trump, and he flubs it.  Naturally.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2019, 11:34:54 AM »

Remember, this is the guy whose supporters think he's an ultra manly Alpha Male who they love because he triggers the snowflakes and makes them cry.

This was an extremely alpha move - Nancy must learn her place!

If Italian Grandma Nancy ever slapped you in the face, you'd start crying on the spot.

Tough talkers about women knowing their place like you tend to be the biggest bitches when confronted.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2019, 06:03:04 PM »

Remember, this is the guy whose supporters think he's an ultra manly Alpha Male who they love because he triggers the snowflakes and makes them cry.

If Italian Grandma Nancy ever slapped you in the face, you'd start crying on the spot.

Tough talkers about women knowing their place like you tend to be the biggest bitches when confronted.

Please leave me out of your GILF dominatrix fantasies in the future. Thanks in advance!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2019, 07:25:13 PM »

GUYS

Send that line to every 2020 Democratic candidate. Zingers like these will always play well in our soundbite culture.

Quick update: Trevor Noah used this exact line on 'The Daily Show' last night. I'll still credit Joe Republic for thinking of it first.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2019, 11:55:01 PM »

Handwritten Note Proves Trump Is a Dotard as He 'Intentially' Sought to Bash Democrats' 'Achomlishments'
After Trump’s planned walkout of a scheduled meeting with Democratic leaders on Wednesday, (because he’s a stunt dummy who lives for drama), Trump walked out to the Rose Garden where a podium and placard just happened to be waiting for him to deliver what was supposed to be an impromptu press conference that was totally not planned.

A sneaky photographer, who was clearly doing the Lord’s work, happened to catch a photo of Trump’s handwritten notes and it found that Trump is not spelling on grade level—any grade level.

Here are the lines that USA Today was able to decipher from President Foghorn J. Leghorn’s chicken scratch

A reference to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) saying “the president of the U.S. is engaged in a cover-up.” Beside that were the words “most transparent,” with transparent underlined.
    “They want to impeach over acts that they did.”
    “Dems have no achomlishments (sic).”
    “I’m going to keep working for the American people.”
    “Intentially (sic) had a meeting before.”
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2019, 12:43:07 PM »

Please leave me out of your GILF dominatrix fantasies in the future. Thanks in advance!

Wow. Your response says mountains about you. All of it weird and disturbing.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2019, 04:44:33 PM »

Is this the first time someone’s told you it’s unusual to imagine politicians slapping random people?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2019, 05:56:11 PM »

I wonder what the deal was -- putting tolls on existing highways on behalf of monopolistic profiteers? That lost the first time.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2019, 08:17:46 PM »

Is this the first time someone’s told you it’s unusual to imagine politicians slapping random people?
You can't put Pandora back in the box, friend.

Tell me about your mother.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2019, 12:24:31 AM »

Random? Yes. But it was directed very much towards you.

Did anyone tell you that women learning their place is a really sick thing for anyone under the age of 80 to say?
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2019, 07:49:36 AM »

Did anyone tell you that women learning their place is a really sick thing for anyone under the age of 80 to say?

I'm talking about the Speaker of the House showing some deference to the President of the United States. Women? Talk about a reach!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2019, 12:31:20 PM »

I'm talking about the Speaker of the House showing some deference to the President of the United States. Women? Talk about a reach!

Deference to a man that acted like a crybaby? And has yet to spend a single day actually acting like the president of the United States rather than a narcissistic reality TV star?

Troll or idiot? Genuine question.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2019, 01:42:35 PM »

I rather for the oil drilling to be made on the continental shelf be put on the table in these infrastructure talks, rather than just the wall and roads. If Dems open up drilling more in the Ring of Fire, like CA, AK, and HI, then it can go a long ways of reducing gas prices in the long run.

Pelosi and Trump need to broker a deal, that's why Trump and Pelosi are at 40% approvals.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2019, 02:12:20 PM »

Deference to a man that acted like a crybaby? And has yet to spend a single day actually acting like the president of the United States rather than a narcissistic reality TV star?

President Trump has the temperament of a bridge-building moderate, in the mold of Eisenhower or Obama. As a result, Democrats expect him to negotiate with them, even while they malign him behind his back. Well, this President doesn’t play ball that way.
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2019, 04:02:55 PM »

President Trump has the temperament of a bridge-building moderate, in the mold of Eisenhower or Obama. As a result, Democrats expect him to negotiate with them, even while they malign him behind his back. Well, this President doesn’t play ball that way.

So, idiot is the answer......
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2019, 04:50:38 PM »

I don't see any progress getting done with divided government.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2019, 06:14:03 PM »

So, idiot is the answer......

I disagree. Clearly a troll. It explains so much.

How about we compromise and agree on idiotic troll? Wink
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2019, 06:24:20 PM »

President Trump has the temperament of a bridge-building moderate, in the mold of Eisenhower or Obama.
LMFAO.

I spilled my coffee. Thanks.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2019, 06:35:18 PM »

Handwritten Note Proves Trump Is a Dotard as He 'Intentially' Sought to Bash Democrats' 'Achomlishments'
After Trump’s planned walkout of a scheduled meeting with Democratic leaders on Wednesday, (because he’s a stunt dummy who lives for drama), Trump walked out to the Rose Garden where a podium and placard just happened to be waiting for him to deliver what was supposed to be an impromptu press conference that was totally not planned.

A sneaky photographer, who was clearly doing the Lord’s work, happened to catch a photo of Trump’s handwritten notes and it found that Trump is not spelling on grade level—any grade level.

Here are the lines that USA Today was able to decipher from President Foghorn J. Leghorn’s chicken scratch

A reference to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) saying “the president of the U.S. is engaged in a cover-up.” Beside that were the words “most transparent,” with transparent underlined.
    “They want to impeach over acts that they did.”
    “Dems have no achomlishments (sic).”
    “I’m going to keep working for the American people.”
    “Intentially (sic) had a meeting before.”

The spesial council Muler is a total lightweight chocker!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2019, 06:53:50 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2019, 07:03:20 PM by Stephen Curry is Awesome »

Continental drilling, Keystone XL Pipeline, Border wall security, Gas Prices are all part of a packaged deal that can be done by the three parties, Speaker Pelosi, Leader McConnell and Trump, should bring down the prices of gas, in order for the consumers. However, the three parties don't want it. Neither does environmental groups, whom are against more oil drilling.

Should Biden take the Oval Office, he will have to compromise the aspects of infrastructure spending as well. Also, would have to revisit Keystone Pipeline XL.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies