NJ-GOV 2021 megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:05:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-GOV 2021 megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 35
Author Topic: NJ-GOV 2021 megathread  (Read 50299 times)
Asta

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: November 02, 2021, 09:36:21 PM »

Camden county 59-40 for Murphy
Bergen county (my home) 55-45 for Ciatarelli

These two results are just cringes if you're a Democrat. I don't know for sure what % of the outstanding votes are by mail or in person, but I highly doubt it is because it mostly counted in-person votes first.

There is a lot left in Essex and Passaic (Biden won by 56 and 17 points, respectively) but how much Murphy will underperform there is the question. If I assume that he will underperform there by similar margin, then Murphy will probably, even very likely lose.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #401 on: November 02, 2021, 09:36:49 PM »

Ciattarelli's margin up to 53,000 votes.

Yes, this is a bit of a red mirage. All of the election day votes are being added in right now.

It doesn't appear any of the VBM have been added in, those were like D+40 based on party.

Not what Kornacki said. He said all in Essex County counted so far is mail, with lots of same day left. Meanwhile in the counties that are done counting or near it, Ciattarelli is hitting his targets.
kwabbit

« Reply #402 on: November 02, 2021, 09:36:58 PM »

It doesn't appear we have any answers as to whether the VBM has been counted yet.

It definitely hasn't. Mail ballots weren't even due until today, those will probably pad Murphy's margin a bit in the end.

Can we expect those to be counted and tabulated soon, or...?

I really doubt it. They'll probably trickle in since a lot are yet to arrive. Remember NJ-07 was undecided for a few weeks because of the mail ballots. NJ doesn't have a speedy election administration as is the case in a lot of blue states like NY or CA.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #403 on: November 02, 2021, 09:37:29 PM »

Yes, this is a bit of a red mirage. All of the election day votes are being added in right now.

Lol it's a little Ed wave
It doesn't appear any of the VBM have been added in, those were like D+40 based on party.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #404 on: November 02, 2021, 09:37:35 PM »

It doesn't appear we have any answers as to whether the VBM has been counted yet.

It definitely hasn't. Mail ballots weren't even due until today, those will probably pad Murphy's margin a bit in the end.

I really doubt it. They'll probably trickle in since a lot are yet to arrive. Remember NJ-07 was undecided for a few weeks because of the mail ballots. NJ doesn't have a speedy election administration as is the case in a lot of blue states like NY or CA.

NY has a speedy election administration??? That's new.

Hell, same for CA as well.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #405 on: November 02, 2021, 09:38:18 PM »

I guarantee you VBM has been counted in several counties.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #406 on: November 02, 2021, 09:38:36 PM »

Not what Kornacki said. He said all in Essex County counted so far is mail, with lots of same day left. Meanwhile in the counties that are done counting or near it, Ciattarelli is hitting his targets.

Just b/c Essex counted their mail ins does not mean the rest of the counties have.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #407 on: November 02, 2021, 09:38:44 PM »

These two results are just cringes if you're a Democrat. I don't know for sure what % of the outstanding votes are by mail or in person, but I highly doubt it is because it mostly counted in-person votes first.

There is a lot left in Essex and Passaic (Biden won by 56 and 17 points, respectively) but how much Murphy will underperform there is the question. If I assume that he will underperform there by similar margin, then Murphy will probably, even very likely lose.

Where are you getting these conclusions?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #408 on: November 02, 2021, 09:38:51 PM »

Don't push this woke garbage! The Republican is going to win and it's racist against white people to say otherwise!

Man, can you please stop whining and attacking things that literally no one ever said for like 5 minutes? We're just trying to figure out numbers here. Numbers don't care about feelings or ideology.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #409 on: November 02, 2021, 09:39:01 PM »

I guarantee you VBM has been counted in several counties.

Yeah it certainly has like in areas like Cape May. However dems still have their strongholds while Rs just have Sussex out.
kwabbit

« Reply #410 on: November 02, 2021, 09:39:06 PM »

NY has a speedy election administration??? That's new.

Lol maybe my wording should've been clearer. I mean it doesn't, just like NY and CA are disastrously slow.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #411 on: November 02, 2021, 09:39:29 PM »

CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #412 on: November 02, 2021, 09:39:52 PM »

Just b/c Essex counted their mail ins does not mean the rest of the counties have.

Yes, it seems like Somerset and Essex started with VBM while Bergen did not.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #413 on: November 02, 2021, 09:40:06 PM »

Don't push this woke garbage! The Republican is going to win and it's racist against white people to say otherwise!

Man, can you please stop whining and attacking things that literally no one ever said for like 5 minutes? We're just trying to figure out numbers here. Numbers don't care about feelings or ideology.

I'll will post what I want. If you don't like it then suck it up. This is a free American country and I will not be muzzled! THIS IS AMERICA!

But seriously, this should let you know how annoying the anti-woke crowd really is. It's not too pleasant having "WOKE" screamed over every single issue, is it?
支持核绿派 (Greens4Nuclear)
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #414 on: November 02, 2021, 09:40:12 PM »

Bergen county is only 40% in at those numbers. Camden is 79% in per the NYT.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #415 on: November 02, 2021, 09:40:19 PM »

I mean the ad was kinda spammy and annoying but Murphy saying NJ's not your state if you don't like high taxes is probably not the best statement.

He actually said that?

SALT is likely a bigger issue in NJ than VA....

Even working-class folxs got screwed by the Trump / Republican tax cuts in '17.

Not being able to deduct the same amount of State taxes from our Fed taxes hosed us when we moved back to OR and the rent had shot through the roof, while all of the money goes into the pockets of rich folks elsewhere....
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #416 on: November 02, 2021, 09:40:33 PM »

Something's weird here. If Ciattarelli was in position to win, wouldn't Youngkin be winning by like 10%?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #417 on: November 02, 2021, 09:41:07 PM »

How many votes are VBM and how much should Ciaterriali lead by with in-person voters in order to win even with mail votes?
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #418 on: November 02, 2021, 09:41:39 PM »

me, having called Murphy's demise last week

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #419 on: November 02, 2021, 09:41:53 PM »

Something's weird here. If Ciattarelli was in position to win, wouldn't Youngkin be winning by like 10%?

That assumes a strong correlation between the NJ and VA results that there's no real reason to assume exists, especially for a state level race.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #420 on: November 02, 2021, 09:42:19 PM »

Is Murphy actually going to lose?
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #421 on: November 02, 2021, 09:42:57 PM »

I expected a Murphy win by ~7 points.
This is quite the Republican overperformance
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #422 on: November 02, 2021, 09:43:07 PM »

Maybe
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #423 on: November 02, 2021, 09:43:27 PM »

Probably not but a huge underperformance seems to be on the way
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #424 on: November 02, 2021, 09:44:09 PM »

How many votes are VBM and how much should Ciaterriali lead by with in-person voters in order to win even with mail votes?

Dems lead VBM by over 40% and even Early In Person by 13-14%, so that's what makes me wonder if many have been counted, unless there was a total Ciatarelli +50 election day vote.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies