Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:21:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 64
Author Topic: Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes  (Read 93341 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: May 22, 2019, 04:56:43 PM »

"Population control" is racist, classist, and ableist horsesh**t anyway. I'm saying that both in response to this discussion and as a contribution to this thread in its own right.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #276 on: May 22, 2019, 05:20:22 PM »

Most forms of bestiality should be legalized in all the states.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #277 on: May 22, 2019, 05:34:58 PM »

uh what the f**k dude
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #278 on: May 22, 2019, 05:43:26 PM »

uh what the f**k dude

I mean if you own a large farm animal you can kill it with a freaking bolt gun or torch it to label it or something else that has a high chance of not carrying out a swift painless death and those slaughterhouses are pretty brutal. And umm imo bestiality is less torturous than this. If people say like yo, that animal cannot consent to that and it is torturous. I would say that some methods of killing and handling them are far worse, and the animal cannot consent to that either. Plus I feel like if we let this happened, maybe pedos and creeps will harass farm animals rather than people.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #279 on: May 22, 2019, 05:46:39 PM »

3. The majority of Americans do not apply logic to their political decisions

Haha, that's obvious.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #280 on: May 22, 2019, 06:16:25 PM »

I would support decriminalizing "consensual" bestiality, because I don't think we should put people in prison for it, but no... there should still be some form of punishment for someone who engages in it, at least a fine or something.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #281 on: May 22, 2019, 06:30:49 PM »

I would support decriminalizing "consensual" bestiality, because I don't think we should put people in prison for it, but no... there should still be some form of punishment for someone who engages in it, at least a fine or something.

How can bestiality be consensual though?
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #282 on: May 22, 2019, 06:34:27 PM »

Notice the quotation marks around consensual. I'm referring to cases where the animal isn't physically harmed by the sex acts.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #283 on: May 22, 2019, 06:36:59 PM »

Notice the quotation marks around consensual. I'm referring to cases where the animal isn't physically harmed by the sex acts.

Oh ok, I see.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #284 on: May 22, 2019, 07:17:05 PM »

"Population control" is racist, classist, and ableist horsesh**t anyway. I'm saying that both in response to this discussion and as a contribution to this thread in its own right.

Wait, I thought you were supposed to my polar opposite, we shouldn't be agreeing on hot takes. Tongue
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #285 on: May 22, 2019, 07:29:07 PM »

The most convincing argument for abortion rights isn't that it's "her body her choice", it's population control.

Definitely, but if the anti-vaxxers get their way using poorer arguments, there is at least the good side effect of population control. It's also probably the most convincing argument in favour of bombing Iran and the impending Uyghur genocide.

So we need population control in the US, but we should also allow in millions of Latino migrants every year to supplement our aging population? How does this even make sense?

This has always bugged me too. Media says that people should stop having babies yet encourages mass migration. The agenda is pretty clear at this point.

Jesus Christ. even "moderate" Republicans like you believe in white supremacist conspiracy theories now?

Population growth is being driven almost exclusively by births in third-world countries, while people concerned about "sustainability" tell Americans to have fewer kids, at the same time importing young migrants to prop up the failing Ponzi scheme that is the social safety net. Please explain this contradiction without calling other people names, or don't say anything at all.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #286 on: May 22, 2019, 07:30:31 PM »

uh what the f**k dude

I mean if you own a large farm animal you can kill it with a freaking bolt gun or torch it to label it or something else that has a high chance of not carrying out a swift painless death and those slaughterhouses are pretty brutal. And umm imo bestiality is less torturous than this. If people say like yo, that animal cannot consent to that and it is torturous. I would say that some methods of killing and handling them are far worse, and the animal cannot consent to that either. Plus I feel like if we let this happened, maybe pedos and creeps will harass farm animals rather than people.

Agreed on all points. The bolded part is also the reason why I think sex robots will be a great asset in the future. Might prove a final solution to the Incel problem.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #287 on: May 27, 2019, 09:02:19 PM »

If Schiavoni was the nom for governor, he would have done just as well as Brown in the Mahoning Valley.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #288 on: June 03, 2019, 05:31:58 PM »

Roy Moore would have won the 2017 Senate Special Election by about 4,000 votes had Republicans in Congress not been attempting (eventually successfully) to pass a deeply unpopular tax bill in the background at the time, even in spite of all his other flaws such as his religious extremism, his pedophilia issues, etc.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #289 on: June 03, 2019, 05:58:49 PM »

Roy Moore would have won the 2017 Senate Special Election by about 4,000 votes had Republicans in Congress not been attempting (eventually successfully) to pass a deeply unpopular tax bill in the background at the time, even in spite of all his other flaws such as his religious extremism, his pedophilia issues, etc.

Jones won because Moore was a horrible candidate, the Trump tax scam had nothing to do with it.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #290 on: June 03, 2019, 08:54:29 PM »

bronz is an above average poster.
James Monroe

« Reply #291 on: June 03, 2019, 09:19:41 PM »

The Resistance movement has benefited progressive policies.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #292 on: June 06, 2019, 01:36:18 AM »

The Handmaid's Tale is a pretty stupid work in general. Even the most backwards, repressive and fundamentalist forms of Christianity have next to no resemblance to the regime of Gilead, and some aspects of it are just things that Margaret Atwood completely made up, for example literally no society of any religion or culture EVER has not allowed women to have their own names and only referred to them as the property of their husband.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #293 on: June 06, 2019, 08:51:22 AM »

The Handmaid's Tale is a pretty stupid work in general. Even the most backwards, repressive and fundamentalist forms of Christianity have next to no resemblance to the regime of Gilead, and some aspects of it are just things that Margaret Atwood completely made up, for example literally no society of any religion or culture EVER has not allowed women to have their own names and only referred to them as the property of their husband.

I think it's only the handmaids that aren't allowed to have their own names.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #294 on: June 06, 2019, 09:06:28 AM »

Regardless.

Also no Christian group has ever supported a ban on women's literacy for centuries...well ever actually. It might not have been a high priority in medieval times, but it wasn't actually forbidden. (Plus most Catholic leaders then wanted most men to not be able to read as well, so the layity couldn't read the Bible on their own and wouldn't require church leaders telling them what to believe.)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #295 on: June 06, 2019, 09:30:09 AM »

Regardless.

Also no Christian group has ever supported a ban on women's literacy for centuries...well ever actually. It might not have been a high priority in medieval times, but it wasn't actually forbidden. (Plus most Catholic leaders then wanted most men to not be able to read as well, so the layity couldn't read the Bible on their own and wouldn't require church leaders telling them what to believe.)

Yea I mean that show's portrayal is unrealistically barbaric imo, and not realistic at all in so many other aspects. The way the SoJ came to power makes no sense, and the idea that banning women from working or even using money in one fell swoop would be accepted by the public is laughable, and it would crash the economy as well (which it didn't seem to do in the story afaik). And what is with Gilead seeming to have armed guards literally everywhere? If they get rid of the entire female workforce, they would not have enough men available to just stand around with guns because they would be needed to fill the gaps left by women leaving the workforce.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #296 on: June 06, 2019, 05:40:38 PM »

For supposedly being a more liberal and tolerant forum, Atlas is fairly Islamophobic,

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=114592.0

Holy sh!t look at BRTD throw down on that thread lol
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #297 on: June 06, 2019, 05:49:44 PM »

For supposedly being a more liberal and tolerant forum, Atlas is fairly Islamophobic,

It’s liberal, but that carries no inherent indication it will also be tolerant ... and it’s not.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #298 on: June 06, 2019, 05:53:07 PM »

It’s liberal, but that carries no inherent indication it will also be tolerant ... and it’s not.

Yeah I have started to learn this the hard way lol, this place is so left wing that it gets to the point of liking guns a bit and disliking Islam. I am a believer in the horseshoe theory.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #299 on: June 06, 2019, 06:07:30 PM »

"Negative. False religion, pedophile and murderer for a founder and continues to repress women and gays. Also bans alcohol consumption, that alone equals negative even if the rest was disregarded." BRTD  April 14, 2010
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 64  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies