Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:20:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 64
Author Topic: Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes  (Read 93340 times)
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: May 16, 2019, 04:28:07 PM »

Ronald Reagan is the worst President since James Buchanan, and the current income inequality in this country is so bad largely because of his economic policies. that's not even getting into his response to the AIDS crisis, his embracement of the religious right, Iran Contra, etc.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #251 on: May 16, 2019, 07:59:28 PM »

I actually enjoyed the final episode of The Big Bang Theory that I just finished watching.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #252 on: May 16, 2019, 09:14:43 PM »

Jar jar is the best star wars character and best candidate in the 2016 election
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #253 on: May 17, 2019, 10:03:39 AM »

An arrangement between Canada, the United States, and Mexico structured similarly to the European Schengen Agreement would be a good idea.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #254 on: May 18, 2019, 12:15:38 AM »

Being eager to assume that another is lacking in empathy is actually evidence of a lack of empathy in oneself.    If you are empathetic, you try to understand the other person's viewpoint, which is impossible without first giving them the benefit of the doubt.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #255 on: May 18, 2019, 10:23:34 AM »

Health is a dumb and nearly useless class and should be abolished.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #256 on: May 18, 2019, 02:19:55 PM »

Idk why, but I am not a huge fan of JBE, like I want to be but like I just can’t. Something about hims rubs me the wrong way, idk what though, it just feels bad. But ofc I still support him and would vote for him.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #257 on: May 18, 2019, 06:08:27 PM »

Idk why, but I am not a huge fan of JBE, like I want to be but like I just can’t. Something about hims rubs me the wrong way, idk what though, it just feels bad. But ofc I still support him and would vote for him.

He's just about the only true Blue Dog left, along with Manchin.

If you don't like those two then you can't be a real Blue Dog.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #258 on: May 18, 2019, 07:26:24 PM »

He's just about the only true Blue Dog left, along with Manchin.

If you don't like those two then you can't be a real Blue Dog.

I mean his policy is good, it’s personal, and I just can’t put my finger on it, and I will admit that is being entirely unfair to him, but it is how I feel.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #259 on: May 19, 2019, 05:54:41 PM »

The idea that the intelligence level of the person propounding a position is some direct measure of its value is one of the more inane things you see in society today. Utilitarianism is an awful doctrine and it seems to be exclusively smart people who embrace it.

Mind explaining what is wrong with Utilitarianism? Never seen anyone coming out as strongly against it, though I'm not really one for philosophical debates. Agree with the intelligence part though, smart people can have insane beliefs about certain topics.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #260 on: May 20, 2019, 11:55:13 PM »

The idea that the intelligence level of the person propounding a position is some direct measure of its value is one of the more inane things you see in society today. Utilitarianism is an awful doctrine and it seems to be exclusively smart people who embrace it.

Mind explaining what is wrong with Utilitarianism? Never seen anyone coming out as strongly against it, though I'm not really one for philosophical debates. Agree with the intelligence part though, smart people can have insane beliefs about certain topics.

To be a pure utilitarian, you essentially have to sacrifice any belief in individual rights or freedoms you may have. I know utilitarians in real life, and this has brought them down some horrible lines of thinking.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #261 on: May 21, 2019, 12:10:27 AM »

To be a pure utilitarian, you essentially have to sacrifice any belief in individual rights or freedoms you may have. I know utilitarians in real life, and this has brought them down some horrible lines of thinking.

I know you and I had a spat recently, but I couldn't agree with you more on this.
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #262 on: May 21, 2019, 08:30:09 AM »

1. FL will vote (slightly) left of MI in 2020.
2. Cheese belongs on pizza (melted, not sprinkled), on macaroni and cheese (melted, not sprinkled), and in cheesecake (served at or below 40F / 4C). That's it. Cheese does not belong on salad, on chicken, on hamburgers, or anything else not mentioned above.
3. The majority of Americans do not apply logic to their political decisions: witness the strong negative correlation between being pro-life on abortion and supporting children in immigration detention camps, as well as the strong negative correlation between being pro-choice on abortion and pro-choice on firearms.
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #263 on: May 21, 2019, 08:38:28 AM »

The Little Mermaid wasn't the best children's movie of 1989.
What was?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #264 on: May 21, 2019, 09:48:23 PM »

The most convincing argument for abortion rights isn't that it's "her body her choice", it's population control.

I strongly suspect this is a rather popular views on certain wide swaths of the right. Not all of them, of course, but I think people have a fair idea of which segments I refer to.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #265 on: May 21, 2019, 09:55:56 PM »

"Gen Z is a nationalist/conservative generation"

This is correct, the data shows it and as a Gen Z myself living in a very democratic area I have experienced it.

Gen Z is the most racially, ethically, and sexually diverse generation ever. I think you mean this is true for Gen Z white men and no one else Tongue
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #266 on: May 21, 2019, 11:03:12 PM »

This is correct, the data shows it and as a Gen Z myself living in a very democratic area I have experienced it.

Gen Z is the most racially, ethically, and sexually diverse generation ever. I think you mean this is true for Gen Z white men and no one else Tongue

White females too. They seem to be very, at least economically, conservative. Socially they lean slightly left of center.

Young black males seem to be trending right too. They seem to be embracing more socially conservative viewpoints as the nations social situation becomes more liberal.

The cringy "SJW roasted compilations" and "Ben Shapiro roasts libs" have really gotten to the youth. Those talking points are all over Gen Z and the majority of high schoolers seem to be rejecting such extreme forms of social individuality.

I work in a high school. You're talking sh**t.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #267 on: May 21, 2019, 11:39:40 PM »

White females too. They seem to be very, at least economically, conservative. Socially they lean slightly left of center.

Young black males seem to be trending right too. They seem to be embracing more socially conservative viewpoints as the nations social situation becomes more liberal.

The cringy "SJW roasted compilations" and "Ben Shapiro roasts libs" have really gotten to the youth. Those talking points are all over Gen Z and the majority of high schoolers seem to be rejecting such extreme forms of social individuality.

I work in a high school. You're talking sh**t.

In Massachusetts,

And you're in Illinois. What's your point?

and your school is different than mine clearly.

Clearly.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #268 on: May 22, 2019, 11:53:36 AM »

The most convincing argument for abortion rights isn't that it's "her body her choice", it's population control.

Nope
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #269 on: May 22, 2019, 12:02:32 PM »

Definitely, but if the anti-vaxxers get their way using poorer arguments, there is at least the good side effect of population control. It's also probably the most convincing argument in favour of bombing Iran and the impending Uyghur genocide.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #270 on: May 22, 2019, 01:03:43 PM »

I actually think GA and even IA in some cases have more of a chance of flipping than FL. GA due to demographics and IA due to it being a superelastic state
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #271 on: May 22, 2019, 01:56:30 PM »

I actually think GA and even IA in some cases have more of a chance of flipping than FL. GA due to demographics and IA due to it being a superelastic state

I agree, but I am comfortable saying all will go the the dotard in 2020.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #272 on: May 22, 2019, 02:34:23 PM »

Definitely, but if the anti-vaxxers get their way using poorer arguments, there is at least the good side effect of population control. It's also probably the most convincing argument in favour of bombing Iran and the impending Uyghur genocide.

So we need population control in the US, but we should also allow in millions of Latino migrants every year to supplement our aging population? How does this even make sense?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #273 on: May 22, 2019, 03:08:30 PM »

So we need population control in the US, but we should also allow in millions of Latino migrants every year to supplement our aging population? How does this even make sense?

This has always bugged me too. Media says that people should stop having babies yet encourages mass migration. The agenda is pretty clear at this point.

It's an attempt to replace the endangered white race reeeeeeeeee!
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #274 on: May 22, 2019, 03:54:12 PM »

This has always bugged me too. Media says that people should stop having babies yet encourages mass migration. The agenda is pretty clear at this point.

Jesus Christ. even "moderate" Republicans like you believe in white supremacist conspiracy theories now?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 64  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies