Ilhan Omar describes the 9/11 attack “as some people who did something”
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 06:29:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ilhan Omar describes the 9/11 attack “as some people who did something”
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Author Topic: Ilhan Omar describes the 9/11 attack “as some people who did something”  (Read 12669 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2019, 12:03:50 AM »

I see almost all of the Democratic candidates for President have received their talking points. Daring to criticize the bungling words and inept follow-up response of a Congressman is now "incitement to violence".

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. I'll keep that in mind the next time a Democratic politician criticizes President Trump or another Republican politician.

Or we can all be adults and realize the First Amendment gives us the absolute right to criticize our elected representatives. But many Democrats don't seem to believe that anymore.

We are dealing with what the President of the United States of America is saying, not just an "politician."
And to describe the Orange Clown and his words as "adult" in nature, is hilarious.

The First Amendment applies to all politicians, too - including the President of the United States.
By dumb Democrat logic, you're inciting violence against the President of the United States by calling him "the Orange Clown". Stop criticizing him now - or else.
See how that works?

LOL.
Your "logic" is so warped.
I suggest you take your comments over to Breitbart's forum, where others of your kind will take what you say as the Word Of God.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2019, 12:05:44 AM »

It's not about criticism of a politician. It's about his whole Muslim baiting schtick that he has been going on about since 2016. His being the biggest icon for the sort of politics that got 50 Muslims killed in New Zealand.

This is all about criticism of a dumb thing Omar said. You don't get a "get out of criticism about dumb things you said" card because of your religion or political affiliation. It doesn't and can't work that way.

No its not. Its about his whole brand of politics casting Muslims as bad people.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2019, 12:07:37 AM »

I see almost all of the Democratic candidates for President have received their talking points. Daring to criticize the bungling words and inept follow-up response of a Congressman is now "incitement to violence".

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. I'll keep that in mind the next time a Democratic politician criticizes President Trump or another Republican politician.

Or we can all be adults and realize the First Amendment gives us the absolute right to criticize our elected representatives. But many Democrats don't seem to believe that anymore.

We are dealing with what the President of the United States of America is saying, not just an "politician."
And to describe the Orange Clown and his words as "adult" in nature, is hilarious.

The First Amendment applies to all politicians, too - including the President of the United States.
By dumb Democrat logic, you're inciting violence against the President of the United States by calling him "the Orange Clown". Stop criticizing him now - or else.
See how that works?

LOL.
I suggest you take your comments over to Breitbart's forum, where others of your kind will take what you say as the Word Of God.

Thanks for the invitation to go elsewhere. Sorry, I'll pass - as long as the moderators don't ban me for daring to vie from the illiberal, anti-First Amendment Atlas "consensus".

Try dealing with differing viewpoints with logic, instead of personal attacks.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #178 on: April 13, 2019, 12:10:53 AM »

See how that works?

LOL.

Thanks for the invitation to go elsewhere. Sorry, I'll pass - as long as the moderators don't ban me for daring to vie from the illiberal, anti-First Amendment Atlas "consensus".
Try dealing with differing viewpoints with logic, instead of personal attacks.

That's OK, because I really didn't want you to leave.
Your comments create great laughter here on this forum. You should think about becoming a comedian.
I'll ask the mods not to "ban you."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #179 on: April 13, 2019, 12:14:06 AM »

It's not about criticism of a politician. It's about his whole Muslim baiting schtick that he has been going on about since 2016. His being the biggest icon for the sort of politics that got 50 Muslims killed in New Zealand.

This is all about criticism of a dumb thing Omar said. You don't get a "get out of criticism about dumb things you said" card because of your religion or political affiliation. It doesn't and can't work that way.

No its not. Its about his whole brand of politics casting Muslims as bad people.

cinyc (and the creator of this thread) knows this. They are just being trolls.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #180 on: April 13, 2019, 12:19:39 AM »

She had a death threat less than a week ago, and the president is stoking the flames here. He's literally choosing politics over her physical safety. Trump is proving to everybody that he's willing to risk her life in order to get / keep votes and support.

How many death threats do you suppose President Trump gets in a day? Are you and Democrats "stoking the flames" and "choosing politics over his physical safety" whenever you dare question his words, deeds or authority? If not, why not?
A) Ever President gets death threats and they obviously get them more then some freshman congresswoman and B) he definitely gets less then his record holding predecessor yet he stoked flames there so you’re whataboutism fails
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #181 on: April 13, 2019, 12:22:40 AM »

Being trolls lol , calling Omar's comments at the very least unpatriotic and outrageous is not islamophobic. I would say the same about any politician who said similar things like Omar did like for example Jeremy Corbyn(Who I despise more than Omar)

For example this statement was even more outrageous than Omar's : https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/Jeremy_Corbyn/11834653/Jeremy-Corbyn-calls-death-of-Osama-bin-Laden-a-tragedy.html.

cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #182 on: April 13, 2019, 01:50:56 AM »

A) Ever President gets death threats and they obviously get them more then some freshman congresswoman and B) he definitely gets less then his record holding predecessor yet he stoked flames there so you’re whataboutism fails

There were actually more death threats against President George W. Bush and his successors than President Obama and his successors. And prosecuted death threats against President Trump and his successors are on the rise versus the end of the Obama years.

But let's not let the facts get in the way of the narrative, where criticism of Democrats is incitement to violence or racist or some other evil -ist, while all criticism of Republicans is fair game, because we all know there's no such thing as an unhinged "progressive" who will shoot up Republican politicians because of their politics, right?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2019, 01:57:43 AM »

She had a death threat less than a week ago, and the president is stoking the flames here. He's literally choosing politics over her physical safety. Trump is proving to everybody that he's willing to risk her life in order to get / keep votes and support.

How many death threats do you suppose President Trump gets in a day? Are you and Democrats "stoking the flames" and "choosing politics over his physical safety" whenever you dare question his words, deeds or authority? If not, why not?
He also has a Secret Service team and a nation's authorities keeping an eye out for signs of a future assassination attempt all over the nation. He ALSO didn't have a publicly talked about serious death tbreat in the newspapers in the last one or two weeks. He also isn't a potential white supremacist target, which is the type of terrorist that accounts for the majority of hate crime murders in America every year. I could probably tuink of more reasons but I'll stop there for now. The MAGA zombies aren't arguing in good faith, they're gaslighting. You can't convince them with anything logical like facts and evidence, unless it makes their side look good.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2019, 02:00:42 AM »

because we all know there's no such thing as an unhinged "progressive" who will shoot up Republican politicians because of their politics, right?
They end up actually shooting up Republicans at a far far lower rate each year. Real actual statistic right there.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2019, 02:18:09 AM »

because we all know there's no such thing as an unhinged "progressive" who will shoot up Republican politicians because of their politics, right?
They end up actually shooting up Republicans at a far far lower rate each year. Real actual statistic right there.

Source?

The last Congressman shot was a Republican, by a Rachel Maddow-loving “progressive”. Should we have thrown Rachel Maddow in jail for “inciting violence” against Steve Scalise and the Republican softball team? Of course not. Thankfully, this isn’t Canada, where there’s really no such equivalent as a First Amendment right to free speech.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #186 on: April 13, 2019, 02:31:04 AM »

Omar is a fu**ing disgrace, who should resign immediately if she has any decency left ...
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2019, 02:39:12 AM »

Wow.. this thread and the comments from the deplorables are worse than YouTube comments. But whatever it takes to OWN THE LIBS, amirite MAGAtards?!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2019, 02:44:42 AM »

Being trolls lol , calling Omar's comments at the very least unpatriotic and outrageous is not islamophobic. I would say the same about any politician who said similar things like Omar did like for example Jeremy Corbyn(Who I despise more than Omar)

For example this statement was even more outrageous than Omar's : https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/Jeremy_Corbyn/11834653/Jeremy-Corbyn-calls-death-of-Osama-bin-Laden-a-tragedy.html.

Once again, you really need to stop sourcing your outrage from headlines alone.

In a clip from the Press TV show The Agenda, Mr Corbyn is heard complaining that there had been "no attempt whatsoever that I can see to arrest him and put him on trial, to go through that process". He went on: "This was an assassination attempt, and is yet another tragedy, upon a tragedy, upon a tragedy.
"The World Trade Center was a tragedy, the attack on Afghanistan was a tragedy, the war in Iraq was a tragedy. Tens of thousands of people have died. Torture has come back on to the world stage, been canonised virtually into law by Guantanamo and Bagram.
"Can't we learn some lessons from this? Are we just going to sink deeper and deeper? The next stage will be an attempted assassination on Gaddafi and so it will go on. This will just make the world more dangerous and worse and worse and worse."

He’s saying that the tragedy was OBL not being arrested and put on trial, rather than summarily executed.  You don’t have to agree, but it’s a valid argument.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #189 on: April 13, 2019, 02:55:05 AM »

Once again, you really need to stop sourcing your outrage from headlines alone.

In a clip from the Press TV show The Agenda, Mr Corbyn is heard complaining that there had been "no attempt whatsoever that I can see to arrest him and put him on trial, to go through that process". He went on: "This was an assassination attempt, and is yet another tragedy, upon a tragedy, upon a tragedy.
"The World Trade Center was a tragedy, the attack on Afghanistan was a tragedy, the war in Iraq was a tragedy. Tens of thousands of people have died. Torture has come back on to the world stage, been canonised virtually into law by Guantanamo and Bagram.
"Can't we learn some lessons from this? Are we just going to sink deeper and deeper? The next stage will be an attempted assassination on Gaddafi and so it will go on. This will just make the world more dangerous and worse and worse and worse."

He’s saying that the tragedy was OBL not being arrested and put on trial, rather than summarily executed.  You don’t have to agree, but it’s a valid argument.

He is the same one who called Hamas his friend, his totally Anti American as well(https://www.politico.eu/article/jeremy-corbyn-avatar-of-anti-americanism-labour-leader-opposition-foreign-policy/).

Omar also has a track record of bad mouthing this nation, and saying Anti American stuff so she should not get the benefit of the doubt uness you want to admit she is one of the dumbest members of congress.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #190 on: April 13, 2019, 02:56:39 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2019, 03:04:54 AM by Old School Republican »

Wow.. this thread and the comments from the deplorables are worse than YouTube comments. But whatever it takes to OWN THE LIBS, amirite MAGAtards?!

Omar should not have described the 9/11 attacks in such a dismissive and disrespectful way. I watched that video Trump in that video was clearly responding to her describing the 9/11 attacks in a dismissive and disrespectful way. She could have made her point in any other way but she decided to make this one which either makes her comments either outrageous or extremely stupid .

Trump in this video wasn't being Islamaphobic and while yes he has in the past he didnt in this video and maybe instead attack him for those past Islamaphobic comments instead of defending Omar's outrageous and idiotic comments just because she has a D next to her name.  Trump has many many things you can attack him on for this issue but this isnt an example of one
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #191 on: April 13, 2019, 03:07:09 AM »

Omar should not have described the 9/11 attacks in such a dismissive and disrespectful way. I watched that video Trump in that video was clearly responding to her describing the 9/11 attacks in a dismissive and disrespectful way. She could have made her point in any other way but she decided to make this one which either makes her comments either outrageous or extremely stupid .

Trump in this video wasn't being Islamaphobic and yes he has in the past but maybe instead attack him for those instead of defending Omar's outrageous and idiotic comments just because she has a D next to her name.

You repeating yourself over and over again like a parrot with your "disrespectful" ways isn't going to change anything.
This has been blown totally out of proportion by MAGAtards, and you OSR should be ashamed of yourself for inciting additional hate, that could lead to the Congresswoman's death or that of her family.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #192 on: April 13, 2019, 03:23:07 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2019, 03:27:56 AM by Old School Republican »

Trump in this video wasn't being Islamaphobic and yes he has in the past but maybe instead attack him for those instead of defending Omar's outrageous and idiotic comments just because she has a D next to her name.

You repeating yourself over and over again like a parrot with your "disrespectful" ways isn't going to change anything.
This has been blown totally out of proportion by MAGAtards, and you OSR should be ashamed of yourself for inciting additional hate, that could lead to the Congresswoman's death or that of her family.

How is this even close to inciting hate, all this video has done is quote Omar and then show why the 9/11 attacks should not be described in a dismissive matter. This ad didnt go after anyone but Omar, if it did then yes it would be terrible but it did not.

Politicians have been attacked far more severely than Omar did here (and its not really close) due to their response to the 9/11 attacks being viewed as too weak and they didnt say anything as outrageous or dumb as Omar did. Many got smeared unfairly too but Omar isnt one of them.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #193 on: April 13, 2019, 04:39:49 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2019, 08:55:34 AM by Fuzzy Bear »

Omar also has a track record of bad mouthing this nation, and saying Anti American stuff so she should not get the benefit of the doubt uness you want to admit she is one of the dumbest members of congress.

I love how the "Context Warriors" have come out of the woodwork on this issue.  Never once have they considered the "context" in which Steve King makes his comments.  And some of Steve King's comments are, indeed taken out of context.  There does come a point where the body of statements and the body of work in public life becomes pretty much conclusive as to what a person really thinks, what their focus is, etc.  (And she got her facts wrong on top of it all; CAIR was founded in 1994, seven years before 9/11.)

Trump's tweet about Omar is wholly justified, and the Democrats who excuse her anti-American sentiments and her anti-Jewish sentiments deserve their own condemnation for refusing to call her out as anti-American.  The threats she receives are wrong, and the people who make them should be prosecuted, but she receives these threats because of the comments she, herself makes, and not because of any reaction to them.  Her comments are comments of purely anti-American sentiment, and they are unforced comments.  

Ilhan Omar is an anti-American American citizen who made it to Congress.  Atlas is an institution where you are not qualified to work as a dishwasher in your local chain restaurant if you are (in the eyes of many here) racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic, or xenophobic (by THEIR definitions of those terms; definitions that mainly center around whether one supports the political aims of any and all of these individual groups).  But, according to most of Atlas, being anti-American, disliking America, having nothing but criticism for it and wishing it ill is something to be celebrated and exalted.  And Omar is exalted by these folks because her comments about America and Americans are things they can (and do, in many cases) celebrate.  

You're either pro-America or anti-America.  You either wish for America to succeed, or you wish to tear it down and "start over".  Omar does not wish for America to succeed.  She came here not of love for America, but for furtherance of her own agendas.  If we're going to stop pretending that Steve King isn't un-American, we ought to stop pretending Ilhan Omar isn't anti-American.  That is, if we wish to be honest with ourselves.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #194 on: April 13, 2019, 05:13:52 AM »

Absolutely great ad. Omar and the Democrats' unwavering defense of her (after all you're not allowed to criticize minorities anymore) will have a big effect on Trump's re-election.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2019, 05:28:33 AM »

Absolutely great ad. Omar and the Democrats' unwavering defense of her (after all you're not allowed to criticize minorities anymore) will have a big effect on Trump's re-election.

I'm also a Democrat in the US-sense, but I am certainly not defending this horrible woman.

And yes, these things play well with the Republican electorate and with many Independents - so Trump might get a boost because of it. Americans have not forgotten 9/11 and certainly want no Muslim extremist traitors in Congress.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2019, 06:07:29 AM »

If you watch the original video, it's quite clear what Omar was saying. Things were going so-so / okay / well enough for American muslims, and then one day in September 2001 out of the blue...

... some people (who 99.999% of American muslims have never met, who speak a language that half of them do not understand, who come from a country that the majority of them have never been to) did something (really bad, but that had nothing to do at all with 99.999% of these American citizens) and now all of a sudden every single American muslim is looked at hatefully and suspiciously. She then makes a comment about how appeasing non-muslim Americans with friendliness is no longer enough, and that if somebody is staring at you very hatefully or strangely in public, it is your right as an American to walk up to them and ask that person why they are staring in that way.

Drill this into your heads, Republicans... CONTEXT MATTERS.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2019, 06:15:38 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2019, 06:27:10 AM by BetoBro »

Sounds to me like you're saying that she deserves these death threats all because she said something (she didn't) that triggered you MAGAtard snowflakes. One step closer to full-on fascism!  

And yes, these things play well with the Republican electorate and with many Independents - so Trump might get a boost because of it. Americans have not forgotten 9/11 and certainly want no Muslim extremist traitors in Congress.

1. She is not a "Muslim extremist traitor" (whatever that means)
2. It doesn't matter what "Americans" allegedly want and don't want as it was the people of Minnesota's 5th Congressional District who DID elect her to Congress.

Methinks the deplorables just hate the messenger more than the message.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2019, 06:16:56 AM »

Omar's comments have been blown out of proportion as usual but nevertheless it is humorous to see some of the same posters who are quick to jump on any trace of a perceived dogwhistle or doublespeak among Republican politicians (cough cough DeSantis) bending over backwards to defend a callous and careless remark from somebody who routinely walks the line with her public pronouncements.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2019, 06:21:16 AM »

No, Trump needs him as a punching bag to be able win reelection. The same goes to AOC and Ilhan Omar. All of them might contribute a little.
As I wrote in thread about whether Adam Schiff should resign, they all help Trump a little.

The best part of it (for Trump) are those Useful Idiots who are "defending" them  Pacman

There is now way she isn't a Russian plot to reelect Trump.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies