Canada General Discussion (2019-)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 06:31:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion (2019-)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 ... 141
Author Topic: Canada General Discussion (2019-)  (Read 193284 times)
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2150 on: February 15, 2022, 10:41:11 AM »

Honestly, it's a stretch to even consider SNC Lavalin a "scandal" to begin with.

I always go under the principle of "if the other party did this, would this party complain?" This is how you can distinguish partisan hacks that only care about power from people that have principles. If SNC-Lavelin happened under the Harper government, would the Liberals have pounced on it as a scandal and telling of the corruption of the ruling government in how it kowtows to big business? The answer to that question is yes. Your only other option to anyone that says otherwise is for you to acknowledge your naked hypocrisy that you're a partisan that will lie and spin truth to benefit the party you support so they can take and remain in power. It's why I'm no longer a Republican, and I'll never be a Democrat, Democrats will lie and stick a knife in your back smiling at you the whole time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNC-Lavalin_affair

The Bloc did actually not attack the Liberals over that (well, they did attack until Wilson-Raybould was fired) and attacked the Conservatives over "their attacks on Quebec economy" when they attacked Trudeau over it.

Well of course, they're Quebec First-ers and the federal political corruption benefitted Quebec. That was their principle: Quebec Always before Canadian Rule of Law. The Bloc are at least honest about who they are, unlike the Canadian Liberal and Conservative parties.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2151 on: February 15, 2022, 11:06:20 AM »

Tell me , what would be your reaction if Trump had fried Mueller

Wrong analogy, it would work way better if you said Barr (and I would have no problem with it).
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2152 on: February 15, 2022, 11:31:40 AM »

Flyersfan232

« Reply #2153 on: February 15, 2022, 12:31:49 PM »

There is no impeachment in Canada, which means that you are supporting an unconstitutional coup against the elected Canadian government.
Vote of no confidence
Flyersfan232

« Reply #2154 on: February 15, 2022, 12:33:27 PM »

If being a fascist is based then you are right . Hopefully more truckers join in and start a general strike against  this fascist wannabe
Trump was 100x the fascist that Trudeau has even been or will ever be.
why dii oh don’t trump put down the riots in 2020
Flyersfan232

« Reply #2155 on: February 15, 2022, 12:36:36 PM »

There is no impeachment in Canada, which means that you are supporting an unconstitutional coup against the elected Canadian government.

Western Canada should secede and The US should help them become their own nation

They never would, as British Columbia wouldn't follow them and the new country would be landlocked.
Yeah, Wexit has always been a nutty right-wing fantasy. Leaving an international trading bloc and actual secession from a country are two very different things. When it comes to the US relationship with Canada, it has long been policy to support a strong united Canada. I can’t think of any benefits the US would gain from Western or Quebec independence.

Relatedly, I’ve long been in favor of some kind of EU-like US-Canada open borders agreement/union. Obviously the business community and establishment would be in favor of such an arrangement. The only reason I could see it facing significant opposition from either side would be due to Canadian anti-Americanism related
fears about large numbers of Americans moving north and impacting/watering down Canadian culture.

Wexit is overated what we really need is a wexit combined with union with the united states to maintain ocean access and then annex british columbia too. Heck im not even asking for a pathway to citizenship like the illegals pouring in the southern border I'll take US territorial status like guam or puerto rico, so we can get "US Nationals" status which is basically green card status
there monarchist they arent joining the us
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2156 on: February 15, 2022, 03:42:31 PM »

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2157 on: February 15, 2022, 03:45:09 PM »

Red States should fine any banks that go along with this . It’s time to take on these authoritarian actions head on
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2158 on: February 15, 2022, 04:20:24 PM »

Red States should fine any banks that go along with this . It’s time to take on these authoritarian actions head on

I'm eager to see DeSantis in jail in Canada for sedition.
harpercanuck
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #2159 on: February 15, 2022, 04:37:10 PM »

That is blatantly false LMAO.

was it trump who fired his attorney general to hide the corruption of SNC Lavalin?
was it trump who fired lost his finance minister to scandal, his defense minister who had to be demoted
was it trump who invoked the US insurrection act against actual rioters?
was it trump who didnt produce a federal budget for 2 years?
was it trump who brought a terrorist/murderer to his india trip?

Nope all were the cdn turd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNnVD_tLDzg

1. Every single country in the world does protect its multinationals by making deals. By refusing to make a deal, Wilson-Raybauld (one of the worst Attorney General ever) put her ego over her job. The media only got upset because they can't accept that Quebec has a successful business instead of Bay Street.
2. Trump had to replace way more Cabinet members than Trudeau.
5. We have no need for Hindu nationalists (and their lies and anti-Sikh racism) in Canada.

Ofc the corrupt quebecer who only survives off of equalization dollars and govt pork is okay with the govt interefering in an going criminal corruption scandal. "media can't accept quebec has a successful business compared to bay street" LMFAO what?!?! Quebec has like 3 major companies, quebecor media, bombardier(only survives because of massive subsidies) and Air canada is forced to be located in montreal. In fact Quebec is so anti business that the Bank of Montreal isn't even headquartered in Montreal anymore.

Trumps cabinet secretaries resigned on their own volition and weren't kicked out of the republican party and or govt by trump to hide corruption. Now that the durham report is out it is clear that not only the Russia collusion was a giant hoax but evidently the one claim I assumed trump was lying on was indeed true with the clinton campaign spying on the Trump campaign.

There is no anti sikh racism in canada. Khalistani terrorists blew up a plane killing 329 canadians most of em children. Look it up on CBC fifth estate I know yall love ur cbc. Second of all the guy in question here is jaswant atwal who was an attempted murderer of a visiting indian politician as well as his ilk tried to murder Ujal dosanj the fmr NDP premier of British Columbia and fmr Liberal Minister of health under paul martin.
harpercanuck
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #2160 on: February 15, 2022, 04:40:04 PM »

I'm eager to see DeSantis in jail in Canada for sedition.

Lol cdn jail? more like the rcmp will be handing out hugs to desantis like the coutts AB blockade. Canada has a smaller military then probably most US state national guards. And speaking of desantis perhaps he should ban all you quebecers who flee to the sun belt parce que C'est tres froid en Quebec.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2161 on: February 15, 2022, 04:41:56 PM »

The quality of this thread has plummeted over the last few days.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2162 on: February 15, 2022, 06:21:32 PM »

The National Assembly has adopted a unanimous motion asking the federal government not to apply the Emergency Act on Quebec territory.

A majority of Premiers have made comments not really agreeing with the federal government move. Ontario and BC Premiers seem to support it.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2163 on: February 15, 2022, 06:45:39 PM »

The National Assembly has adopted a unanimous motion asking the federal government not to apply the Emergency Act on Quebec territory.

A majority of Premiers have made comments not really agreeing with the federal government move. Ontario and BC Premiers seem to support it.

Why the hell do they keep getting special treatment
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2164 on: February 15, 2022, 06:53:54 PM »

It's a political gesture, that the act should not be used, or not neccesary here but there is no legal exception.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2165 on: February 15, 2022, 07:11:16 PM »

Why the hell do they keep getting special treatment

Because the Montreal and Quebec City police forces are actually competent and managed to keep the situation under control.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #2166 on: February 15, 2022, 07:23:27 PM »

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/trudeau-plans-record-number-of-immigrants-to-canada-through-2024-1.1723412

Trudeau plans to increase immigration to record levels through 2024.

I'm not Canadian and I of course do not know all the details on this, but I can't imagine this will be good in terms of the already horrific housing affordability crisis up north.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2167 on: February 15, 2022, 07:26:24 PM »

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/trudeau-plans-record-number-of-immigrants-to-canada-through-2024-1.1723412

I'm not Canadian and I of course do not know all the details on this, but I can't imagine this will be good in terms of the already horrific housing affordability crisis up north.

It's not really changing anything, because those changes are to compensate for the fact way less immigrants were admitted than planned in 2020 and 2021. Even quite anti-immigration Quebec made the same move a few months ago. Same total as before, but more numbers added in 2022/3/4 to compensate 2020/1 way lower than planned originally.
harpercanuck
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #2168 on: February 15, 2022, 07:29:45 PM »

nope this aint good at all this combined with cheap easy monetary policy has caused us to have higher home prices than San jose and the bay area. Canada has become india in that your success now depends on what your parents had. You want a home? borrow against the equity that your family home has accrued. My parents home has more than doubled in value in 8 years. This is finally why you're seeing the usually polite cdns on the streets. today its vaccine mandates, but the division in the country today is getting worse and worse and you're gonna see much worse I predict in terms of protests in the years to come.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2169 on: February 15, 2022, 07:33:47 PM »

There are three points I'd like to make here (bear in mind, I'm a supporter of the Canadian Liberals on a wide range of issues and I'd easily vote for them if I was Canadian, so I'm hardly impartial).
1. Canada is a wealthy country with a standard of living that drives a lot of immigrants to want to come there. Its points-based system also results in tons of professionals from other countries coming.
2. As Canada grows, these numbers growing alongside is far from illogical. Raw number benchmarks don't mean as much as percentages do.
3. Though attracting immigrants and immigration itself is far from inherently costless in the long-run, the country is setting itself up to have a larger working-age population by soliciting immigration like this, and this is important for the long-term future of its social services.
harpercanuck
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #2170 on: February 15, 2022, 07:42:25 PM »

There are three points I'd like to make here (bear in mind, I'm a supporter of the Canadian Liberals on a wide range of issues and I'd easily vote for them if I was Canadian, so I'm hardly impartial).
1. Canada is a wealthy country with a standard of living that drives a lot of immigrants to want to come there. Its points-based system also results in tons of professionals from other countries coming.
2. As Canada grows, these numbers growing alongside is far from illogical. Raw number benchmarks don't mean as much as percentages do.
3. Though attracting immigrants and immigration itself is far from inherently costless in the long-run, the country is setting itself up to have a larger working-age population by soliciting immigration like this, and this is important for the long-term future of its social services.

ehh the points based system is no longer what it was 20 years ago. Today theres an even better way to bypass the whole thing. You enroll in any college like literally indians have built fake satellite campuses and in like a certificate program no need for degree, afterwards you get a 3 year work permit and can claim "cdn experience" and thus express entry into PR. As for the pts needed, they lowered the avg CRS score due to covid because they got less people so my point is the crop thats coming in now are not smart talented people they are spoiled rich land owning indian and asians who's parents are loaded.

The top quality immigrants still aspire for the United states. Theres a reason why america gets people like satya nadella, elon musk, Harnoor singh(big youtuber and softwrare engineer) They only look to canada when the h1b system which has tons of issues doesn't work out for them because as indians would say Canada? man they hand out Permanent residency like its "prasad offerings" from a temple you get one and you get one we all get one!
harpercanuck
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #2171 on: February 15, 2022, 07:53:45 PM »

One more thing to add about canada:

Never forget that Fox's geraldo rivera slept with trudeaus mom lol
https://nypost.com/2015/10/20/geraldo-praises-new-canadian-pm-once-claimed-to-have-had-sex-with-his-mom/
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2172 on: February 15, 2022, 09:13:50 PM »

They are going to end up barring people from banking for life, without due process
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2173 on: February 15, 2022, 09:18:26 PM »

They are going to end up barring people from banking for life, without due process

There should be a general strike in Canada
harpercanuck
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #2174 on: February 15, 2022, 09:20:47 PM »

okay fk it based on the above post I now support a J6 style run for it. This is insanity. It is none of their damn business where people spend their money
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 ... 141  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies