Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 12:41:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 51
Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 86681 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: May 06, 2019, 04:12:51 PM »

Lol @ party of facts. You believe scientists when they say global warming is real (which it is) then don't believe them when they say gender dysphoria is a mental illness (which it is).

And don't lecture us on fake news until you stop watching biased bogus such as MSNBC and CNN.
umm, who tf is denying gender dysphoria?

The left, and they aren't denying gender dysphoria. They are denying that gender dysphoria, and its indirect affect, transgenderism, is a mental illness, which most scientists say it is.
And this is even close to the same as climate change because...
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1026 on: May 06, 2019, 04:21:00 PM »

Lol @ party of facts. You believe scientists when they say global warming is real (which it is) then don't believe them when they say gender dysphoria is a mental illness (which it is).

And don't lecture us on fake news until you stop watching biased bogus such as MSNBC and CNN.

The left, and they aren't denying gender dysphoria. They are denying that gender dysphoria, and its indirect affect, transgenderism, is a mental illness, which most scientists say it is.

I'm saying there is a strong hypocrisy within the left that they only believe what the experts say when it fits their narrative.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1027 on: May 07, 2019, 08:47:42 PM »

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1028 on: May 08, 2019, 12:04:41 AM »

Ironically reminds me of one Cruz's gimmicks in 2016.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #1029 on: May 08, 2019, 06:26:05 AM »

That ad doesn't mean anything. No PACS means no donations from PACS, not no promotion from any PACS. GET INTELLIGENT FOLKS.
HarrisonL

« Reply #1030 on: May 08, 2019, 07:05:12 AM »

I think PACs are wonderful, I don't understand why some people are so keen on ridding themselves of PACs, especially when PACs still provide influence for candidates that don't take funds from them. Hell, the DCCC and Pelosi's PAC basically won us the House in 2018.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1031 on: May 09, 2019, 12:49:10 AM »

That ad doesn't mean anything. No PACS means no donations from PACS, not no promotion from any PACS. GET INTELLIGENT FOLKS.

It's all about the optics. And "No PACS" means "No PACS;" if they meant something else they should've said that.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1032 on: May 09, 2019, 04:21:58 AM »

I'm saying there is a strong hypocrisy within the left that they only believe what the experts say when it fits their narrative.

Funny how when people say this they're leaving out the fact that the recommended treatment for dysphoria is transition.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #1033 on: May 10, 2019, 07:09:27 PM »

https://youtu.be/PoTJul0zdfs
Mzal98
mzal98
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #1034 on: May 11, 2019, 04:27:33 PM »

CNN: Beto O'Rourke is polling worse than ever

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/11/politics/beto-orourke-poll-of-the-week/index.html
James Monroe

« Reply #1035 on: May 11, 2019, 04:38:50 PM »

This privileged white guy shouldn't be near our nomination, not that he has to worry at the moment.

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1036 on: May 11, 2019, 04:40:15 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2019, 07:16:04 PM by RFKFan68 »

This privileged white guy shouldn't be near our nomination, not that he has to worry at the moment.

This is a reach. Just because someone has D on their name doesn't mean they are for Democratic values. I see nothing wrong with what he said.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1037 on: May 11, 2019, 07:16:07 PM »

This isn't what Beto expected.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1038 on: May 11, 2019, 07:21:55 PM »

Not even remotely surprising. The man has no unique policy proposals and even his supporters can't explain why they like him (aside from his sheer skill at demagoguery). He's run a terrible campaign so far, and he was unqualified from the start. Still can't understand why so much of Atlas thought he'd be a major player in this race.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1039 on: May 11, 2019, 07:27:04 PM »

I mean, he supported Will Hurd and never backed down from that. This shouldn’t be a surprise.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1040 on: May 11, 2019, 07:28:23 PM »

I mean, he supported Will Hurd and never backed down from that. This shouldn’t be a surprise.

And his Hurd support should be much more potent as an attack than this.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1041 on: May 11, 2019, 07:33:44 PM »

He did not endorse or campaign for him though. Ortiz-Jones blaming Beto for her loss (when Allred and Fletcher won more Republican districts) is not worthy of an attack.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1042 on: May 11, 2019, 08:58:22 PM »

And his Hurd support should be much more potent as an attack than this.

Considering the current frontrunner actually campaigned for quite a few Republicans, that'd be rank hypocrisy.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #1043 on: May 12, 2019, 11:19:35 AM »

Yes because I'll be OUTRAGED if my PRIVILEGED nominee doesn't support downballot dems like Daniel Lipinski. Beto is CANCELLED!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1044 on: May 12, 2019, 12:14:08 PM »

Yes because I'll be OUTRAGED if my PRIVILEGED nominee doesn't support downballot dems like Daniel Lipinski. Beto is CANCELLED!

I mean, I wouldn't support Tlaib and Omar at all and hope they get primaried.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1045 on: May 12, 2019, 10:43:30 PM »

Will Hurd's pal is losing badly to Fred Upton's pal in the polls.
SCNCmod

« Reply #1046 on: May 12, 2019, 11:07:50 PM »

Not even remotely surprising. The man has no unique policy proposals and even his supporters can't explain why they like him (aside from his sheer skill at demagoguery). He's run a terrible campaign so far, and he was unqualified from the start. Still can't understand why so much of Atlas thought he'd be a major player in this race.

So far Beto has had almost a national media blackout (certainly compared to most of the frontrunners)... this explains the polling drop imo.  But now it appears he is starting to do more national media- assuming he ramps this up, his polling will also increase. 

I also think, contrary to what some think, the debates will help Beto.  Many, wrongly imo, have the impression that Beto is not very articulate regarding policy or isn't as smart as many of the candidates, etc ... given this low bar, I think Beto will easy beat expectations in debates and will be surprised that he is very knowledgeable regarding policy matters. If this in fact does happen, he will get a good boost following the debates as well.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1047 on: May 12, 2019, 11:21:07 PM »

So far Beto has had almost a national media blackout (certainly compared to most of the frontrunners)... this explains the polling drop imo.  But now it appears he is starting to do more national media- assuming he ramps this up, his polling will also increase. 

I also think, contrary to what some think, the debates will help Beto.  Many, wrongly imo, have the impression that Beto is not very articulate regarding policy or isn't as smart as many of the candidates, etc ... given this low bar, I think Beto will easy beat expectations in debates and will be surprised that he is very knowledgeable regarding policy matters. If this in fact does happen, he will get a good boost following the debates as well.

I remember watching the debate between him and Cruz, and wondering why Democrats chose to put him up for office in Texas of all places. He'll probably play better to Democratic primary voters, but I still don't think his policies are anywhere near specific enough for him to defend them on the stage next to Biden and Sanders.
SCNCmod

« Reply #1048 on: May 13, 2019, 11:05:00 AM »

I remember watching the debate between him and Cruz, and wondering why Democrats chose to put him up for office in Texas of all places. He'll probably play better to Democratic primary voters, but I still don't think his policies are anywhere near specific enough for him to defend them on the stage next to Biden and Sanders.

I think he will surprise many- and will be very prepared for the debates.  In a way, a Dem primary will be much easier than a Texas senate general election. 

His biggest hurdle right now... is ironically the media.  Its a joke that some say he is the "media darling."  The reality is, the media (who may have liked him in the senate race)... are constantly bashing him for complete non issues (basically that he is a white male and therefore is somehow not deserving to run... is how it comes across most of the time).

But the reality is, Beto is very electable, and IF he catches on, will prove to be a very energetic candidate and inspiring to voters.  And Dems win the presidency with a young charasmatic nominee.

Now that he has figured out that largely ignoring national media, complete grassroots campaign, etc ... that worked pretty well in a texas senate election- will not work in a nationwide election--- we will see if a new media presence will allow his X-factor charisma & likeability to cut through the talking heads and reach voters
SCNCmod

« Reply #1049 on: May 13, 2019, 11:26:32 AM »

One other potential big catalyst for Beto- if he continues to have polls that show him as the most electable candidate (like the last one showing him beating Trump by 10pts) ... coupled with once people become more familiar with him--- this is the type of combo that can give candidates a surge down the road in states like Iowa.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies