Should American Citizens Who Became Daesh Brides Be Allowed Back Home?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 12:55:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Should American Citizens Who Became Daesh Brides Be Allowed Back Home?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Should American Citizens Who Became Daesh Brides Be Allowed Back Home?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Should American Citizens Who Became Daesh Brides Be Allowed Back Home?  (Read 1715 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 20, 2019, 04:43:15 PM »

This is a growing problem with the collapse of the physical territories of Daesh. Thousands of women, including some Americans, went to Syria and Iraq to join them, and now that they don't have hardly any turf left, a lot of them want to come home. This is a growing issue, I saw this story like two days ago.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/americas/isis-bride-alabama-wants-to-return-intl/index.html

And I saw this other one from the UK who has no remorse at all. I don't think they should be allowed back in, with hardly any exceptions. Just no.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 04:46:04 PM »

I can't think of anything good that would come about as a result of letting them back in.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 04:56:33 PM »

Yes, and then charge them accordingly under the relevant laws for supporting terrorism.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 04:57:31 PM »

Yes, and then charge them accordingly under the relevant laws for supporting terrorism.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 05:03:30 PM »

Reaganfan Democrat
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 05:03:45 PM »

Citizenship is citizenship. If they don't return to America, they will become another country's problem, which is unacceptable.

Charge them with treason when they come home and execute them.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 05:27:28 PM »

Only if they don't have any other nationality (if they are dual citizens, strip them of American citizenship).

Also if they do go home they should be sent inmediately to jail.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 05:45:32 PM »

No. Sentencing them to live in Syria or Iraq for the rest of their lives is probably a greater punishment than whatever slap on the wrist they would probably receive upon coming back.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 05:54:52 PM »

No. Sentencing them to live in Syria or Iraq for the rest of their lives is probably a greater punishment than whatever slap on the wrist they would probably receive upon coming back.

Life in Prison or the Death Penalty is not a slap in the wrist

Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 05:56:39 PM »

Both of those punishments are much too harsh imo.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 05:58:27 PM »

Why if they joined ISIS that means they are terrorists
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 06:01:40 PM »

If they didn't kill anybody, then they should not be punished in either of those ways.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 06:03:58 PM »

If they didn't kill anybody, then they should not be punished in either of those ways.

I’d be ok with execution for treason
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2019, 06:08:47 PM »

no
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2019, 06:10:37 PM »

Her decision to join ISIS is equivalent to an American during WW2 joining the Nazis, and that crime deserves the harshest sentences possible
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2019, 06:15:52 PM »

Her decision to join ISIS is equivalent to an American during WW2 joining the Nazis, and that crime deserves the harshest sentences possible

Not in my opinion. The death penalty should generally be reserved for those who have themselves killed. Becoming an ISIS bride is nowhere near as bad as being, say, an abortion "doctor."

Treason is often a very good thing, so I would hesitate to ever execute anyone for "treason" alone.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2019, 06:22:54 PM »

Not in my opinion. The death penalty should generally be reserved for those who have themselves killed. Becoming an ISIS bride is nowhere near as bad as being, say, an abortion "doctor."

Treason is often a very good thing, so I would hesitate to ever execute anyone for "treason" alone.

How does the issue of Abortion have anything to do with this , And yes becoming an ISIS bride is equivalent  to joining ISIS .

Is your opinion on Treason because you support the Confederacy
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 06:24:45 PM »

How does the issue of Abortion have anything to do with this , And yes becoming an ISIS bride is equivalent  to joining ISIS .

No, it's because when the thing you are "betraying" is evil, then treason can be an obvious and objective good. Betraying the United States is not necessarily bad.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2019, 06:28:01 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2019, 06:31:18 PM by Old School Republican »

How does the issue of Abortion have anything to do with this , And yes becoming an ISIS bride is equivalent  to joining ISIS .

No, it's because when the thing you are "betraying" is evil, then treason can be an obvious and objective good. Betraying the United States is not necessarily bad.

So you believe the United States is evil, if so you really shouldnt call your self patriotic
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2019, 06:32:30 PM »

So you believe the United States is evil, I mean if you think that you really shouldnt call your self patriotic

I believe that the United States is not necessarily good in its current and long-standing state. I definitely wouldn't call myself patriotic either. I refuse to say the pledge of allegiance; I haven't said it in years.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2019, 06:35:08 PM »

Trump has finally made America woke again.
Reaganfan Democrat
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2019, 07:59:16 PM »

It's not the same, because the US has not formally declared war on ISIS, but Yellowhammer is obviously being absurd by saying things like "treason is sometimes good" and the "US is not necessarily good", especially when we're talking relative to f**king ISIS here.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2019, 08:05:44 PM »

RFayette 🇻🇦
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2019, 05:56:16 AM »

DavidB.