The Most Authoritarian Democratic Candidate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:09:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The Most Authoritarian Democratic Candidate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The Most Authoritarian Democratic Candidate  (Read 3341 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2019, 12:32:02 PM »

Bernie is the closest to being a tankie, so him.

Tulsi’s probably more faschy than him but she’s a joke candidate so.

Trump is the most tankie candidate. He's openly defended the Soviet Union's foreign policy.

Bernie honeymooned in the Soviet Union and openly thought of defecting to the USSR but sure

That was a long time ago. Trump defended the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan a few months ago.

There’s recordings of Sanders openly praising the PRC’s actions in Tiananmen - literally a tankie.

If they existed, you'd think they'd be pretty open and released by Hillary in 2016, instead of not even showing up on Google.

Clinton treated Sanders with kid gloves, something that Bernie doesn’t support against “political enemies and ideological saboteurs” as he said himsef.

So the tapes don't exist?
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2019, 12:34:27 PM »

Objectively, Sanders.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2019, 12:49:00 PM »

Bernie is the closest to being a tankie, so him.

Tulsi’s probably more faschy than him but she’s a joke candidate so.

Trump is the most tankie candidate. He's openly defended the Soviet Union's foreign policy.

Bernie honeymooned in the Soviet Union and openly thought of defecting to the USSR but sure

That was a long time ago. Trump defended the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan a few months ago.

There’s recordings of Sanders openly praising the PRC’s actions in Tiananmen - literally a tankie.

If they existed, you'd think they'd be pretty open and released by Hillary in 2016, instead of not even showing up on Google.

Clinton treated Sanders with kid gloves, something that Bernie doesn’t support against “political enemies and ideological saboteurs” as he said himsef.

The Sanders team is gonna be begging for Clinton 2016 style kid glove treatment after this cycle is over.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2019, 01:15:05 PM »

Oh please, the GOP / Neoconservatives only cares about democracy when foreigners vote for candidates approved by their corporate overlords. The second democracy starts to go sideways and voters start voting in people who will stand up to those monied interests — its all about regime change.
Cheney supported Apartheid South Africa.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2019, 01:17:45 PM »

Oh please, the GOP / Neoconservatives only cares about democracy when foreigners vote for candidates approved by their corporate overlords. The second democracy starts to go sideways and voters start voting in people who will stand up to those monied interests — its all about regime change.
Cheney supported Apartheid South Africa.

So did the GOP lord and savior, Reagan. These people only care about democracy or human rights when it aligns with their geopolitical goals, usually involving blood oil, military assets and cold hard cash.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2019, 01:32:30 PM »

I'm not a Republican but I strongly approve of getting rid of world leaders I don't like. Obviously I don't agree with Republicans on such leaders. Would I support removing Bolsonaro, Modi, Putin and Duterte? Yes, just like I approved of the ouster of Yankovych in Ukraine.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2019, 01:35:38 PM »

I'm not a Republican but I strongly approve of getting rid of world leaders I don't like. Obviously I don't agree with Republicans on such leaders. Would I support removing Bolsonaro, Modi, Putin and Duterte? Yes, just like I approved of the ouster of Yankovych in Ukraine.

Yeah, that worked out really well for us in Iraq.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2019, 02:09:17 PM »

Then send your own children to die in and fight those wars. Spend your own tax money to fund the million dollar missiles and trillion dollar fighter jet programs. I’d rather spend that money doing nation building at home instead of trying to overthrow democratically elected governments whether I agree with their policies or not. You’re no better than Republicans, not by a sliver, you just want to impose a different world view.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2019, 02:15:34 PM »

Then send your own children to die in and fight those wars. Spend your own tax money to fund the million dollar missiles and trillion dollar fighter jet programs. I’d rather spend that money doing nation building at home instead of trying to overthrow democratically elected governments whether I agree with their policies or not. You’re no better than Republicans, not by a sliver, you just want to impose a different world view.

BRTD insisting he's not an imperialist. Gets me every time
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2019, 02:15:42 PM »

I mean, love her or hate her, it's obviously Gabbard.

That being said, Gabbard is probably only 10% as authoritarian as Trump.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2019, 02:16:51 PM »

Who said I supported it via war? The US never invaded Ukraine.

I opposed the Iraq War.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2019, 02:36:58 PM »

Who said I supported it via war? The US never invaded Ukraine.

I opposed the Iraq War.

Okay, explain to me exactly how you want to go about removing democratically elected governments if not through force? And make no mistake, as much as I detest Bolsonaro and Duterte, and many of their policies, they are the democratically elected heads of sovereign nations — nations that remain staunch US allies, and trying to isolate them would only harm our interests and the people of those nations more.

God I’m glad you don’t run our foreign policy.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2019, 02:37:49 PM »

BRTD insisting he's not an imperialist. Gets me every time

I opposed the Iraq War. I oppose supporting the Saudi war in Yemen and I support ending military aid to Israel.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2019, 02:47:36 PM »

Yankovych wasn't removed via force. I support backing any such movements to oust terrible governments.

Your next point sounds like a Republican. "BUT OUR ALLIES AND INTERESTS" same logic leads to support for Saudi Arabia. I wouldn't invade Brazil or the Philippines (or Turkey for that matter) I would support ending all foreign aid to them, withdrawing all troops from those countries and sanctioning anyone who works for their governments.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2019, 02:52:58 PM »

Yankovych wasn't removed via force. I support backing any such movements to oust terrible governments.

Your next point sounds like a Republican. "BUT OUR ALLIES AND INTERESTS" same logic leads to support for Saudi Arabia. I wouldn't invade Brazil or the Philippines (or Turkey for that matter) I would support ending all foreign aid to them, withdrawing all troops from those countries and sanctioning anyone who works for their governments.

You’re a parody of yourself, I don’t know what else to say, letting you talk is your own foil.

What exactly are you going to sanction them for? The results of their democratic elections? Are we going to continue those sanctions until new elections are held and you’re satisfied with the results? Should the European Union and Canada have sanctioned us for electing Donald Trump? Will all countries with ideologically opposed governments now begin to sanction each other each time democratic elections don’t go the way they want? Madness.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2019, 02:57:40 PM »

You’re a parody of yourself, I don’t know what else to say, letting you talk is your own foil.

What exactly are you going to sanction them for? The results of their democratic elections? Are we going to continue those sanctions until new elections are held and you’re satisfied with the results? Should the European Union and Canada have sanctioned us for electing Donald Trump? Will all countries with ideologically opposed governments now begin to sanction each other each time democratic elections don’t go the way they want? Madness.

Not so much the results of those elections but the actions those elected governments have taken. And yes I would support Canada and the EU freezing assets and banning travel of Trump Admin officials.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2019, 08:27:48 PM »

Not so much the results of those elections but the actions those elected governments have taken. And yes I would support Canada and the EU freezing assets and banning travel of Trump Admin officials.

Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2019, 08:39:30 PM »

Can’t even articulate a text comeback to BRTD. You are embarrassing yourself yet again.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2019, 08:45:18 PM »

Can’t even articulate a text comeback to BRTD. You are embarrassing yourself yet again.

Your presence on this forum is embarrassing
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2019, 08:50:51 PM »

One more ad hominem attack and you shall be placed on my ignore list.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2019, 09:01:54 PM »

That would be a blessing.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2019, 01:14:18 AM »

Oh no. I don't know how I'd live with myself.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2019, 01:30:50 AM »
« Edited: February 21, 2019, 01:43:13 AM by God-Emperor Schultz »

I'm obviously not crazy about the civil asset forfeiture-defending anti-Catholic (I almost said "Catholic-baiter" but apparently that's a favorite term of Bill Donohue's and I don't want to give that never-was legitimacy), but I don't actually think the generic liberal-DA mindset is "as authoritarian" as the Warren wing's dirigisme. The problem I have with a lot of these candidates is the ways in which they're authoritarian, not the extent to which they are. Keeping Harris and Warren as my examples, "authoritarianism" isn't a problem when the alternative is liberty to tread on the necks of your employees, but it is a problem when the alternative is liberty to live unmolested by crooked cops and not be unduly scrutinized for your religious commitments.

None of them are anywhere near as authoritarian overall as Trump.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2019, 01:39:40 AM »

The candidate I dislike the most, of course. Every negative adjective applies to them.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2019, 01:55:31 AM »

Timmy: 2
BizBee: 0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies