The Most Authoritarian Democratic Candidate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 04:31:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The Most Authoritarian Democratic Candidate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The Most Authoritarian Democratic Candidate  (Read 3358 times)
Insomnian
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.40

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2019, 01:06:52 AM »

Obviously Harris.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2019, 01:38:31 AM »

Regular people: "Gabbard supports the US not putting boots on the ground in random conflicts and starting mindless wars that we have nothing to gain from."

Neolibs: "Gabbard is autocratic and loves dictators."

Just shut up, it's not even funny at this point.
You're citing a f[inks]ing blue avatar to support your candidate. Think about that.

Your obsession with the color of an avatar is telling, I care more about the values and principles of a candidate and Gabbard aligns with most of mine.

Seriously, you’ve never given me one concrete policy reason for your overwhelming hate of Tulsi besides some ‘Muh Assad! Muh Modi!’ virtue signaling.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2019, 01:52:58 AM »

I care more about the values and principles of a candidate and Gabbard aligns with most of mine.

If that's true then the Republican party awaits you with open arms.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2019, 01:55:28 AM »
« Edited: February 20, 2019, 02:05:11 AM by iBizzBee »

I care more about the values and principles of a candidate and Gabbard aligns with most of mine.

If that's true then the Republican party awaits you with open arms.

Really? Tulsi is pro Medicare for All, pro Equality Act, pro $15 minimum wage, pro ending citizens united, pro tuition free public college, anti TPP, anti interventionist foreign wars... need I go on?

You’re so full of sh**t the toilets jealous.

Edit;
And I don’t expect a meaningful response from you, just the hit and run straw man attacks you and BRTD specialize at.
Wazza [INACTIVE]
Wazza1901
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2019, 04:48:39 AM »

Harris
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2019, 11:20:29 AM »

Regular people: "Gabbard supports the US not putting boots on the ground in random conflicts and starting mindless wars that we have nothing to gain from."

You're citing a f[inks]ing blue avatar to support your candidate. Think about that.

Your obsession with the color of an avatar is telling, I care more about the values and principles of a candidate and Gabbard aligns with most of mine.

Seriously, you’ve never given me one concrete policy reason for your overwhelming hate of Tulsi besides some ‘Muh Assad! Muh Modi!’ virtue signaling.

I care about the values and principles of a candidate too. And Republicans do not align with my values and principles. Therefore no candidate heavily supported by Republicans could ever do so. You know how my motto here is "all liberal, all the time"? It's obvious.

The latter bit is not virtue signalling. I hate Assad and Modi, and thus I hate any candidate friendly to them. I also hate Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, Steve Bannon, Putin, saying "radical Islamic terrorism" (not because I care about it being offensive to Islam, seeing as how I believe it's a false religion, but because the term simply doesn't make any sense, period. "Radical Islamist terrorism" is a phrase that does and I wouldn't object to) and the Knights of Columbus (while I don't like Harris, she was absolutely completely right in attacking the KoC.) How can a candidate friendly to all those things align with my values?
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2019, 11:25:57 AM »

The one who was a prosecutor and DA.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2019, 11:36:57 AM »

Sanders isn’t personally authortiarian but he has a tolerance for despotism that rivals Trump.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2019, 11:39:48 AM »

Look, if Kamala Harris endorsed AfD in Germany, that would be a concerning sign, no? Tulsi's Modi fanaticism is no different.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2019, 11:40:17 AM »

Sanders isn’t personally authortiarian but he has a tolerance for despotism that rivals Trump.

Oh please, the GOP / Neoconservatives only cares about democracy when foreigners vote for candidates approved by their corporate overlords. The second democracy starts to go sideways and voters start voting in people who will stand up to those monied interests — its all about regime change.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2019, 11:45:49 AM »

Biden or Klobuchar.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2019, 11:56:19 AM »

Imagine if a Democratic candidate met with Bolsonaro and the outrage to that.

That's basically what Gabbard did.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2019, 11:56:20 AM »

I care about the values and principles of a candidate too. And Republicans do not align with my values and principles. Therefore no candidate heavily supported by Republicans could ever do so. You know how my motto here is "all liberal, all the time"? It's obvious.

The latter bit is not virtue signalling. I hate Assad and Modi, and thus I hate any candidate friendly to them. I also hate Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, Steve Bannon, Putin, saying "radical Islamic terrorism" (not because I care about it being offensive to Islam, seeing as how I believe it's a false religion, but because the term simply doesn't make any sense, period. "Radical Islamist terrorism" is a phrase that does and I wouldn't object to) and the Knights of Columbus (while I don't like Harris, she was absolutely completely right in attacking the KoC.) How can a candidate friendly to all those things align with my values?

I’ve asked you multiple times for a single concrete policy reason for your hate against Tulsi and time and again you come up short. Maybe it’s because you can’t actually point to anything besides her desire as a Hindu to have closer US-India relations. But perhaps I’d just rather quote the congresswoman herself, and you can choose to take her at face value or not:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

But sure, rather than using Occam’s razor and assuming there are people out there who would try and attach themselves to Tulsi for their own purposes due to her outsized influence for a congresswoman on US-India relations, anti-interventionist foreign policy, etc, let’s just assume she’s secretly a Hindu fascist who hates all Muslims. Sure, that sounds about right to you, doesn’t it?

https://youtu.be/a0NVcUkO19A
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2019, 12:02:34 PM »

There are many Hindus in America who feel they need to convert to Christianity

Uh, I'm supposed to think that's a problem and work against that?

I have no affiliation with the RSS. Sometimes people on both sides, for their own purposes, try to say I somehow favor, or am part, of the BJP or take photos of me at Indian events and circulate them for their own promotional reasons. But the fact is, I’m not partial to BJP, the Congress Party, or any other particular political party in India.

Ah, so she takes a ridiculous Moderate Hero position instead of actively supporting the center-left party. Not acceptable for a member of a center-left party.

Imagine if a Brazilian-American Congressperson had met with Bolsonaro to "have closer US-Brazil relations." Would that be OK? Of f[inks]ing course not.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2019, 12:06:02 PM »

I have no affiliation with the RSS. Sometimes people on both sides, for their own purposes, try to say I somehow favor, or am part, of the BJP or take photos of me at Indian events and circulate them for their own promotional reasons. But the fact is, I’m not partial to BJP, the Congress Party, or any other particular political party in India.

Ah, so she takes a ridiculous Moderate Hero position instead of actively supporting the center-left party. Not acceptable for a member of a center-left party.

Imagine if a Brazilian-American Congressperson had met with Bolsonaro to "have closer US-Brazil relations." Would that be OK? Of f[inks]ing course not.

What a stupid idea to say someone should actively support this or that political party in the largest democracy in the world. What Tulsi said isn’t moderate hero position, lmao — it’s basic diplomacy and why she would make such a great President. I also love how you changed the goal posts from ‘she’s basically a Hindu fascist!’ to ‘she’s a moderate hero!’

No point in arguing with you, you’ve already decided what you want to believe.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2019, 12:07:41 PM »

The one who believes being a member of his local Catholic community disqualifies one from holding a federal judgeship.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2019, 12:09:44 PM »

Bernie is the closest to being a tankie, so him.

Tulsi’s probably more faschy than him but she’s a joke candidate so.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2019, 12:10:40 PM »

Trump is the most tankie candidate. He's openly defended the Soviet Union's foreign policy.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2019, 12:12:58 PM »

Trump is the most tankie candidate. He's openly defended the Soviet Union's foreign policy.

Bernie honeymooned in the Soviet Union and openly thought of defecting to the USSR but sure
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2019, 12:13:23 PM »

What a stupid idea to say someone should actively support this or that political party in the largest democracy in the world. What Tulsi said isn’t moderate hero position, lmao — it’s basic diplomacy and why she would make such a great President. I also love how you changed the goal posts from ‘she’s basically a Hindu fascist!’ to ‘she’s a moderate hero!’

She also defended Wikileaks: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/tulsi-gabbard-wikileaks-spurred-some-necessary-change
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2019, 12:14:10 PM »

Bernie honeymooned in the Soviet Union and openly thought of defecting to the USSR but sure

That was a long time ago. Trump defended the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan a few months ago.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2019, 12:16:46 PM »

She also defended Wikileaks: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/tulsi-gabbard-wikileaks-spurred-some-necessary-change

I can’t keep up with you, I’m taking a break.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2019, 12:20:45 PM »

That was a long time ago. Trump defended the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan a few months ago.

There’s recordings of Sanders openly praising the PRC’s actions in Tiananmen - literally a tankie.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2019, 12:22:31 PM »

There’s recordings of Sanders openly praising the PRC’s actions in Tiananmen - literally a tankie.

If they existed, you'd think they'd be pretty open and released by Hillary in 2016, instead of not even showing up on Google.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2019, 12:27:06 PM »

If they existed, you'd think they'd be pretty open and released by Hillary in 2016, instead of not even showing up on Google.

Clinton treated Sanders with kid gloves, something that Bernie doesn’t support against “political enemies and ideological saboteurs” as he said himsef.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies