Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:29:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 116758 times)
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: June 18, 2019, 04:57:54 PM »

According to Chris Cillizza: "Anything is possible in an electoral age in which Trump is President. But for Biden to win 370+ electoral votes over a sitting President? That still feels very, very unlikely."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/17/politics/joe-biden-electoral-map-2020/index.html

Cillizza is a complete moron, but yeah... he's right about this.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1551 on: June 18, 2019, 05:35:38 PM »

I'm pretty sure both Hilary and Obama were were at 27 million for all of 2007, so this is probably a good sign.

They were raising about $30 mil a quarter, which translates into about 35 mil today.
https://www.politico.com/story/2007/07/obama-clinton-smash-fundraising-records-004747
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #1552 on: June 18, 2019, 07:47:54 PM »

Look at this tweet.

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1553 on: June 18, 2019, 09:02:19 PM »

Very exciting stuff....bipartisanship, working with McConnell, and now exciting "marginal" changes for the American people:

Biden Tells Elite Donors He Doesn't Want to ‘Demonize’ the Rich

Former Vice President Joe Biden told affluent donors Tuesday that he wanted their support and -- perhaps unlike some other Democratic presidential candidates -- wouldn’t be making them political targets because of their wealth.

“Remember, I got in trouble with some of the people on my team, on the Democratic side, because I said, you know, what I’ve found is rich people are just as patriotic as poor people. Not a joke. I mean, we may not want to demonize anybody who’s made money,” Biden told about 100 well-dressed donors at the Carlyle Hotel on New York’s Upper East Side, where the hors d’oeuvres included lobster, chicken satay and crudites.

“Truth of the matter is, you all know, you all know in your gut what has to be done,” Biden said. “We can disagree in the margins. But the truth of the matter is, it’s all within our wheelhouse and nobody has to be punished. No one’s standard of living would change. Nothing would fundamentally change,” he said.

Invoking Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders’s goal of political “revolution,” Biden suggested that he would be the antidote by making marginal changes that would improve the lives of working and middle class Americans without slapping onerous taxes on the rich.

“You’re not the other,” Biden told the assembled group, most of whom were wearing suits. “I need you very badly.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-19/biden-tells-elite-donors-he-doesn-t-want-to-demonize-the-rich?utm_source=google&utm_medium=bd&cmpId=google
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1554 on: June 18, 2019, 09:06:23 PM »

Very exciting stuff....bipartisanship, working with McConnell, and now exciting "marginal" changes for the American people:

Biden Tells Elite Donors He Doesn't Want to ‘Demonize’ the Rich

Former Vice President Joe Biden told affluent donors Tuesday that he wanted their support and -- perhaps unlike some other Democratic presidential candidates -- wouldn’t be making them political targets because of their wealth.

“Remember, I got in trouble with some of the people on my team, on the Democratic side, because I said, you know, what I’ve found is rich people are just as patriotic as poor people. Not a joke. I mean, we may not want to demonize anybody who’s made money,” Biden told about 100 well-dressed donors at the Carlyle Hotel on New York’s Upper East Side, where the hors d’oeuvres included lobster, chicken satay and crudites.

“Truth of the matter is, you all know, you all know in your gut what has to be done,” Biden said. “We can disagree in the margins. But the truth of the matter is, it’s all within our wheelhouse and nobody has to be punished. No one’s standard of living would change. Nothing would fundamentally change,” he said.

Invoking Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders’s goal of political “revolution,” Biden suggested that he would be the antidote by making marginal changes that would improve the lives of working and middle class Americans without slapping onerous taxes on the rich.

“You’re not the other,” Biden told the assembled group, most of whom were wearing suits. “I need you very badly.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-19/biden-tells-elite-donors-he-doesn-t-want-to-demonize-the-rich?utm_source=google&utm_medium=bd&cmpId=google

In what looks likely the scenario in which the Democrats come up short in the Senate we don't really have much of a choice. If Democrats do win the Senate than Biden really needs to be on board with removing the legislative filibuster. 
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1555 on: June 18, 2019, 09:39:52 PM »

well um
JG

« Reply #1556 on: June 18, 2019, 09:55:05 PM »

well um

I don't know how can anyone stand that man as a politician. He is so smug and naive.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1557 on: June 18, 2019, 09:59:50 PM »

well um

I don't know how can anyone stand that man as a politician. He is so smug and naive.

It really irks me he's so obnoxious and entitled if he's the nominee I'm going to really struggle with voting for him.
JG

« Reply #1558 on: June 18, 2019, 10:06:24 PM »

well um

It really irks me he's so obnoxious and entitled if he's the nominee I'm going to really struggle with voting for him.

Why would you have a hard time voting about someone who misses the good old days when you could get things done with your white suprematist pals?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1559 on: June 18, 2019, 10:10:51 PM »

well um
“I worked with white supremacists who literally wanted to eradicate black people but at least we could have drinks after a hard day of debates Purple heart
VeniceItaly
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1560 on: June 18, 2019, 10:20:40 PM »

well um
“I worked with white supremacists who literally wanted to eradicate black people but at least we could have drinks after a hard day of debates Purple heart
Yet he is still polling on top. This is why the democrats will continue to underperform
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1561 on: June 18, 2019, 10:22:58 PM »

I well know nobody in this thread call somebody else obnoxious and entitled.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1562 on: June 18, 2019, 10:46:35 PM »

well um

Oh, Christ. Just begging to be knocked down a few pegs.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1563 on: June 18, 2019, 10:50:11 PM »

well um

Oh, Christ. Just begging to be knocked down a few pegs.

Clueless Joe Biden has never figured out that he didn't get called boy because he wasn't black.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1564 on: June 18, 2019, 11:17:27 PM »

Can any leftist Biden critics here fuse together the Atlas narrative that Joe Biden is an apologist for racism and the plain fact that a huge portion of African-Americans support him, without implicitly stating that black voters are "low-information?"
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1565 on: June 18, 2019, 11:51:18 PM »

Purple heart
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1566 on: June 19, 2019, 01:07:01 AM »

"He never called me boy, he always called me son"

This is a really sh**tty thing for Biden to say.

He is basically saying "Sure, eastland was a malignant racist who wanted to exterminate black people, but he was nice to me, and that counts for something"

It angers me that a idiotic and eyebrow-raising statement like that won't move the needle at all.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1567 on: June 19, 2019, 07:28:57 AM »

"He never called me boy, he always called me son"

This is a really sh**tty thing for Biden to say.

He is basically saying "Sure, eastland was a malignant racist who wanted to exterminate black people, but he was nice to me, and that counts for something"

It angers me that a idiotic and eyebrow-raising statement like that won't move the needle at all.

What makes it even worse, is that I doubt all Biden's (or anyone else's) attempts to make nice with  Republicans are going to help them a bit in Nov 2020. The voters who voted for Trump once might talk about how they're embarrassed or unhappy with Trump, but when they get into that voting booth and they have a choice between Trump's appeal to a non-existent past, or someone like Biden who embraces the future, no matter how imperfectly, they're going to vote for the fake past.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1568 on: June 19, 2019, 08:47:16 AM »

Look at this tweet.

Imagine unironically posting a Charlie Kirk meme... Kamala had 22K in Oakland... America wants Kamala!
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1569 on: June 19, 2019, 11:10:14 AM »

Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1570 on: June 19, 2019, 11:20:17 AM »

If the anti-Biden campaign strategy is painting him as a racist then you're going to lose.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1571 on: June 19, 2019, 11:35:53 AM »

The irony of those hypocrite Trump supporters trying to paint Biden as an unapologetic racist and sexual harrasser is laughable at the least.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1572 on: June 19, 2019, 11:39:20 AM »

The irony of those hypocrite Trump supporters trying to paint Biden as an unapologetic racist and sexual harrasser is laughable at the least.

It’s not just trump supporters, arch.

A lot of blacktivists and pundits have come out this morning saying the comments were not wise
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1573 on: June 19, 2019, 11:44:35 AM »

Look at this tweet.

George McGovern had some huge rallies too.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1574 on: June 19, 2019, 12:21:38 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies