Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:59:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 114535 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1575 on: June 19, 2019, 12:32:52 PM »

If the anti-Biden campaign strategy is painting him as a racist then you're going to lose.
Deflect, deflect, deflect. Sound just like Trump supporters.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1576 on: June 19, 2019, 01:07:50 PM »

If the anti-Biden campaign strategy is painting him as a racist then you're going to lose.

He's not wrong though, clearly most of his supporters won't care too much about these comments.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1577 on: June 19, 2019, 01:19:43 PM »

I well know the guy who has something negative to say about every democrat running is not accusing me of being a Trump supporter. I'm surprised your not a Trump supporter yourself but that could change seeing your endorsement seem to change every poll.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1578 on: June 19, 2019, 01:33:40 PM »

The irony of those hypocrite Trump supporters trying to paint Biden as an unapologetic racist and sexual harrasser is laughable at the least.

It’s not just trump supporters, arch.

A lot of blacktivists and pundits have come out this morning saying the comments were not wise

I said "of those hypocrite Trump supporters," meaning the subset of Trump supporters who do.

Regarding the other groups you mentioned, that's part for the course.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1579 on: June 19, 2019, 02:00:41 PM »

"He never called me boy, he always called me son"

This is a really sh**tty thing for Biden to say.

He is basically saying "Sure, eastland was a malignant racist who wanted to exterminate black people, but he was nice to me, and that counts for something"

It angers me that a idiotic and eyebrow-raising statement like that won't move the needle at all.

What Biden's trying to say is he can work with Republicans in Congress because he's not black like Obama was. He then cites his friendship with a Senator born 114 years ago whom absolutely nobody knows about.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1580 on: June 19, 2019, 02:17:42 PM »

I well know the guy who has something negative to say about every democrat running is not accusing me of being a Trump supporter. I'm surprised your not a Trump supporter yourself but that could change seeing your endorsement seem to change every poll.
I only have negative things to say about decrepit Biden who longs for the days he had “civil” disagreements with Senators who wanted to eradicate black people and Sanders who I find deeply problematic. I wasn’t aware I was in a cult where I had to kiss everyone’s ass.

And who I support changes every poll? Lol. Really? I’ve only stated my support for two candidates this entire cycle. Like I said just like Trump supporters. You can’t defend the crap your guy says so you deflect and then lob insults.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1581 on: June 19, 2019, 02:35:38 PM »

I don't see this having much effect, but it shows Biden is completely tone-deaf.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1582 on: June 19, 2019, 02:49:59 PM »

He's not wrong though, clearly most of his supporters won't care too much about these comments.

And neither, evidently, did the black Senator from Illinois who selected him to be his vice presidential running mate nearly 11 years ago now.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1583 on: June 19, 2019, 03:01:29 PM »

And neither, evidently, did the black Senator from Illinois who selected him to be his vice presidential running mate nearly 11 years ago now.
Biden supporters: Obama chose Biden as his running mate in 2008 for political reasons, therefore Biden's comments in 2019 are irrelevant and there is nothing wrong with him fetishizing his friendship with virulent white supremacists who used their power to oppress those they considered the "inferior race" and called for the genocide of black people.

Also Biden supporters: DoNaLD TruMp iS a nAZi! HoW dArE hE deFeNd WhiTE SuPreMaCiStS!
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1584 on: June 19, 2019, 03:08:18 PM »

I only have negative things to say about decrepit Biden who longs for the days he had “civil” disagreements with Senators who wanted to eradicate black people and Sanders who I find deeply problematic. I wasn’t aware I was in a cult where I had to kiss everyone’s ass.

And who I support changes every poll? Lol. Really? I’ve only stated my support for two candidates this entire cycle. Like I said just like Trump supporters. You can’t defend the crap your guy says so you deflect and then lob insults.
First, it's more than just Biden and Sanders I be seeing your sly comments about Pete and others too. Second Biden is not a racist you know it and I know it. Repeating the lie may make you feel better but it still not true. Third, I'm sorry if I couldn't count how many candidates you supported since every other comment you make seems to be about Joe Biden.

And again you act like most Trump supporters I see. You always on the offense against other candidate and the only time you even mention your candidate is when they're up in the polls or "winning".
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1585 on: June 19, 2019, 03:12:37 PM »

Biden supporters: Obama chose Biden as his running mate in 2008 for political reasons, therefore Biden's comments in 2019 are irrelevant and there is nothing wrong with him fetishizing his friendship with virulent white supremacists who used their power to oppress those they considered the "inferior race" and called for the genocide of black people.

Also Biden supporters: DoNaLD TruMp iS a nAZi! HoW dArE hE deFeNd WhiTE SuPreMaCiStS!

Hey, thanks for putting words in my mouth.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1586 on: June 19, 2019, 03:17:34 PM »

First, it's more than just Biden and Sanders I be seeing your sly comments about Pete and others too. Second Biden is not a racist you know it and I know it. Repeating the lie may make you feel better but it still not true. Third, I'm sorry if I couldn't count how many candidates you supported since every other comment you make seems to be about Joe Biden.

And again you act like most Trump supporters I see. You always on the offense against other candidate and the only time you even mention your candidate is when they're up in the polls or "winning".
I said Pete couldn't win black votes in the South. Is that not true? Is he not polling at 0% in South Carolina? I said people like Moulton, Swallwell, and deBlasio are irrelevant. Is that not true? I didn't know I couldn't give anything but glowing reports about the candidates.

I didn't say Biden is racist. I said he is tone-deaf. If Donald Trump publicly reminicsed about the days he broke bread with Strom Thurmond, Herman Talmadge, James Eastland, John Stennis, etc yall would be demanding his head on a platter. LOL.

That last sentence is a lie but whatever. I have ALWAYS said Beto, Harris, and Warren were my top three because they are prioritizing Sun Belt states that are trending D along with MI/WI/PA and none of them are favorites to win the primary. But yeah... I only support candidates that are "winning" Roll Eyes

I'm done with this argument. Biden is trash and him being forced through the primary because of old people out of touch with the general electorate needed to win next November doesn't change that.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1587 on: June 19, 2019, 03:26:59 PM »

Biden.

Warren will not win a national election no matter how much the hard left hype her.

Biden, without a doubt. I like him, but I am a little uneasy about a 2020 run for some reason. I think I am still a little spurned by the stunning HRC defeat. A lot of his old stuff will be brought up for scrutiny by the younger voters and the hard left. It won't be HRC bad but it will be draining.

Just out of curiosity, what so heavily changed your perception over the last 2 years, considering you seemed to have been, at the very least, a soft Biden fan at the time?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1588 on: June 19, 2019, 05:06:28 PM »

Biden Tells Elite Donors He Doesn’t Want to ‘Demonize’ the Rich

“Remember, I got in trouble with some of the people on my team, on the Democratic side, because I said, you know, what I’ve found is rich people are just as patriotic as poor people. Not a joke. I mean, we may not want to demonize anybody who’s made money,” Biden told about 100 well-dressed donors at the Carlyle Hotel on New York’s Upper East Side, where the hors d’oeuvres included lobster, chicken satay and crudites.

“Truth of the matter is, you all know, you all know in your gut what has to be done,” Biden said. “We can disagree in the margins. But the truth of the matter is, it’s all within our wheelhouse and nobody has to be punished. No one’s standard of living would change. Nothing would fundamentally change,” he said.

Biden seems to be becoming something of a Democratic Trump - an old, out-of-touch white guy who says the quiet parts out loud.

At the current rate of Bidenisms, I'm going to be so busy holding my nose come next November, that it's going to be difficult to actually mark my ballot.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1589 on: June 19, 2019, 05:11:38 PM »

“Remember, I got in trouble with some of the people on my team, on the Democratic side, because I said, you know, what I’ve found is rich people are just as patriotic as poor people. Not a joke. I mean, we may not want to demonize anybody who’s made money,” Biden told about 100 well-dressed donors at the Carlyle Hotel on New York’s Upper East Side, where the hors d’oeuvres included lobster, chicken satay and crudites.

“Truth of the matter is, you all know, you all know in your gut what has to be done,” Biden said. “We can disagree in the margins. But the truth of the matter is, it’s all within our wheelhouse and nobody has to be punished. No one’s standard of living would change. Nothing would fundamentally change,” he said.

Biden seems to be becoming something of a Democratic Trump - an old, out-of-touch white guy who says the quiet parts out loud.

At the current rate of Bidenisms, I'm going to be so busy holding my nose come next November, that it's going to be difficult to actually mark my ballot.
I have a feeling he is gonna have to start toning this shiot down or he could legit collapse.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1590 on: June 19, 2019, 05:33:41 PM »

I have a feeling he is gonna have to start toning this shiot down or he could legit collapse.

So, the problem is that he needs to keep quiet what he honestly believes or risk losing? Rather than he doesn't belong anywhere near the White House because he's a horrible person with horrible politics?

The only significant difference between Biden and Trump, when you move past the carefully crafted media image, is party identification. If you could vote for Biden, even holding your nose, then you really have no room to attack the reluctant Trump voting Republicans. It's all tribalism and a total failure of American "democracy" to offer an actual alternative to Trump's right-wing authoritarianism and preservation of a racist, highly unequal, and deeply unjust colonial society.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1591 on: June 19, 2019, 05:36:35 PM »

I'm only mildly surprised with the Biden Bros taking a page from Roger Stone and retorting to "deflect and attack" regarding his "civility" comments. Even if you sincerely believe Biden is the best man for the job, you should have the minimum intellectual integrity to admit what he said was extremely insensitive and indicates some bad judgment on his part.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1592 on: June 19, 2019, 06:10:55 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2019, 06:14:00 PM by The Mikado »

So, the problem is that he needs to keep quiet what he honestly believes or risk losing? Rather than he doesn't belong anywhere near the White House because he's a horrible person with horrible politics?

The only significant difference between Biden and Trump, when you move past the carefully crafted media image, is party identification. If you could vote for Biden, even holding your nose, then you really have no room to attack the reluctant Trump voting Republicans. It's all tribalism and a total failure of American "democracy" to offer an actual alternative to Trump's right-wing authoritarianism and preservation of a racist, highly unequal, and deeply unjust colonial society.

I do not think we'd have a concentration camp for the mass abduction of children on the southern border under a Biden Admin. Nor would we have pulled out of the Paris Climate Accords or the JCPOA with Iran. Gorsuch and Kavanaugh certainly wouldn't be on the court. The Individual ACA mandate would be in place. The 2017 tax cut would not be.

We would not have an inhumane travel ban preventing people from seeing dying Iranian and Sudanese relatives for the last time. Syrian refugee access to the US would not be cut.

Could you stop with this absurd lying about Biden being the same as Trump? Do you do anything besides lying?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1593 on: June 19, 2019, 06:14:28 PM »

Biden is just not the same as Trump. There is an argument to be made that he could result in someone worse than Trump, but he himself is absolutely NOT Trump.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1594 on: June 19, 2019, 06:16:47 PM »

Can any leftist Biden critics here fuse together the Atlas narrative that Joe Biden is an apologist for racism and the plain fact that a huge portion of African-Americans support him, without implicitly stating that black voters are "low-information?"

This challenge is still available.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1595 on: June 19, 2019, 06:37:07 PM »

I do not think we'd have a concentration camp for the mass abduction of children on the southern border under a Biden Admin. Nor would we have pulled out of the Paris Climate Accords or the JCPOA with Iran. Gorsuch and Kavanaugh certainly wouldn't be on the court. The Individual ACA mandate would be in place. The 2017 tax cut would not be.

We would not have an inhumane travel ban preventing people from seeing dying Iranian and Sudanese relatives for the last time. Syrian refugee access to the US would not be cut.

Could you stop with this absurd lying about Biden being the same as Trump? Do you do anything besides lying?

I tell the truth and the truth is that Biden is a horrible person with horrible politics who isn't significantly different enough from Trump to make a clear distinction possible. I'll also say that Trump isn't significantly different from Obama either, who was a deliberately disappointing president that campaigned on change and delivered mediocrity, appeasement, and war. He built the drone warfare and mass deportation infrastructure that Trump has simply grown; it was bequeathed to him by his predecessor. Obama failed to address inequality, failed to stimulate the economy or assist homeowners who lost their homes or punish the criminals responsible whatsoever, he failed to implement meaningful healthcare reform, failed to strengthen workers' rights or social security, played political games with unemployment benefits, further destabilized the ME and killed countless innocents (including the bombing of a civilian hospital), and so on and so forth. He paved the way for Trump, who'll pave the way for Mr. "everything will stay the same," who'll pave the way for someone who'll make us yearn for the Trump Era.

Your party is a failure, your candidate(s) are a failure, and this entire system is a failure. That's not by coincidence, but by design; this is how it's meant to work and meant to be, with all the injustices, innocent lives lost, wars, insecurity, and social instability. And people like you simply want it to keep going with only minor tweaks here and there because you aren't one of the millions of daily victims of it, you aren't being crushed under its gears like the African American youth in Flint, the hundreds of thousands dead in Iraq, the slaves in Libya, or the disposable worker in a Chinese factory making cheap goods for Apple and Amazon to sell at an enormous profit for its shareholders and CEOs.

Of course, you'll just say I'm lying or dramatic or whatever, which is predictable and tiresome by now, just as my "rant" is to you. But, that's why I'll never support your Bidens or your Harris's or anyone else this system decides to choose to "represent" us while working daily against our interests and those of all suffering, poor, and/or powerless people in this world.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1596 on: June 19, 2019, 06:39:26 PM »

I tell the truth and the truth is that Biden is a horrible person with horrible politics who isn't significantly different enough from Trump to make a clear distinction possible. I'll also say that Trump isn't significantly different from Obama either, who was a deliberately disappointing president that campaigned on change and delivered mediocrity, appeasement, and war. He built the drone warfare and mass deportation infrastructure that Trump has simply grown; it was bequeathed to him by his predecessor. Obama failed to address inequality, failed to stimulate the economy or assist homeowners who lost their homes or punish the criminals responsible whatsoever, he failed to implement meaningful healthcare reform, failed to strengthen workers' rights or social security, played political games with unemployment benefits, further destabilized the ME and killed countless innocents (including the bombing of a civilian hospital), and so on and so forth. He paved the way for Trump, who'll pave the way for Mr. "everything will stay the same," who'll pave the way for someone who'll make us yearn for the Trump Era.

Your party is a failure, your candidate(s) are a failure, and this entire system is a failure. That's not by coincidence, but by design; this is how it's meant to work and meant to be, with all the injustices, innocent lives lost, wars, insecurity, and social instability. And people like you simply want it to keep going with only minor tweaks here and there because you aren't one of the millions of daily victims of it, you aren't being crushed under its gears like the African American youth in Flint, the hundreds of thousands dead in Iraq, the slaves in Libya, or the disposable worker in a Chinese factory making cheap goods for Apple and Amazon to sell at an enormous profit for its shareholders and CEOs.

Of course, you'll just say I'm lying or dramatic or whatever, which is predictable and tiresome by now, just as my "rant" is to you. But, that's why I'll never support your Bidens or your Harris's or anyone else this system decides to choose to "represent" us while working daily against our interests and those of all suffering, poor, and/or powerless people in this world.

You didn't address literally a single one of the 9 (8if you group Gorsuch and Kavanaugh) points I made, because you are incapable of backing down when caught in a lie.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1597 on: June 19, 2019, 06:48:24 PM »

I'm no professional political advisor, but, if I'm meeting with Joe in these meetings tomorrow, order #1 is to tell him to shut his mouth and campaign.

Stop talking. Stop commenting on your past. Stop talking about the appearance of female children. Stop talking. 
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1598 on: June 19, 2019, 06:50:15 PM »

Biden would probably be able to get away with these comments, as usual, if the debates weren't coming up. All of this just gives the other candidates more fodder to target him with, I hope he's ready for an onslaught.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1599 on: June 19, 2019, 07:16:22 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies