Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:03:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21
Author Topic: Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 30911 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: February 02, 2020, 05:12:41 PM »

Could somebody explain the issue with her as DA in detail?

Was she responsible or push for the wrongful conviction?

I've been highly critical of Klobuchar on this forum, but the DA story is BS.

Personally I feel that any attempt to pin particular criminal justice outcomes on a single DA or lawyer, just because she's running for president, is always bad.  When your'e in the legal system, you do your job and act the role you're given.  It's not Hillary Clinton's fault that rapist guy was found innocent due to her defense.  It's not Kamala Harris' fault that such-and-such guy got prosecuted and may have been innocent.  Same for Klobuchar.  We take the evidence we're given, the prosecution and defense both do the best job they can, guilt or innocence is determined, and a sentence is doled out accordingly.

But this particular story is full of more holes than swiss cheese.  It's obviously not Klobuchar's fault that he was later found to be innocent.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #326 on: February 02, 2020, 06:10:44 PM »

Could somebody explain the issue with her as DA in detail?

Was she responsible or push for the wrongful conviction?

I've been highly critical of Klobuchar on this forum, but the DA story is BS.

Personally I feel that any attempt to pin particular criminal justice outcomes on a single DA or lawyer, just because she's running for president, is always bad.  When your'e in the legal system, you do your job and act the role you're given.  It's not Hillary Clinton's fault that rapist guy was found innocent due to her defense.  It's not Kamala Harris' fault that such-and-such guy got prosecuted and may have been innocent.  Same for Klobuchar.  We take the evidence we're given, the prosecution and defense both do the best job they can, guilt or innocence is determined, and a sentence is doled out accordingly.

But this particular story is full of more holes than swiss cheese.  It's obviously not Klobuchar's fault that he was later found to be innocent.

Yeah, I always thought this was the weakest attack on Clinton.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #327 on: February 03, 2020, 02:38:02 PM »

If Amy was a man, I bet she would be ahead of the pack today. Just saying...

She is the only well-rounded candidate in my book, and if you look at her objectively it would be obvious to everyone. She is the perfect age. Has great political experience at getting things done. She is from snow country and is tough. She even looks the most presidential in my book. Of course if you are Republican then none of this matters, but it should matter to Dems.

Trump would be at a disadvantage by debating a strong female such as Amy....she would likely stomp all over him, and there is plenty to stomp on for sure. I'd like to see her be the one to debate our bully impeached dictator.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #328 on: February 03, 2020, 02:45:45 PM »

Klobuchar is leading Biden so far in the official results. Klob got 2 people to caucus for her in the Satellite caucuses, Biden got 0.

This is it! KLOBMENTUM IS HERE!
Queen Isuelt
MissScarlett

« Reply #329 on: February 03, 2020, 02:46:43 PM »

She is the only well-rounded candidate in my book, and if you look at her objectively it would be obvious to everyone. She is the perfect age. Has great political experience at getting things done. She is from snow country and is tough. She even looks the most presidential in my book. Of course if you are Republican then none of this matters, but it should matter to Dems.

Trump would be at a disadvantage by debating a strong female such as Amy....she would likely stomp all over him, and there is plenty to stomp on for sure. I'd like to see her be the one to debate our bully impeached dictator.

100%
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #330 on: February 03, 2020, 07:39:20 PM »

There are still the issues of her (or "him" in this hypothetical) not being much of an already established figure though. If you ask me, that has been the most important factor in who has been doing the most consistently well in this primary. I agree though that "he" would almost certainly be doing better though.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #331 on: February 04, 2020, 02:47:24 AM »

Completely wrong. I like Amy Klobuchar, but she has been a boring candidate. She hasn't done anything to excite people. Her way of talking is slow and muddled. The evidence shows that women win elections at higher rates than men, it's just that fewer women run. It's literally beneficial to be a woman. Many people vote for women because they are women but nobody votes for a man because he is a man.
TheLaRocca
United States

« Reply #332 on: February 04, 2020, 03:44:03 AM »

Klobuchar has polled behind Andrew Yang consistently for the entire campaign, tying with him or beating him in only a handful of polls. I look forward to seeing Yang's thread pinned on this site's homepage posthaste.

He's not apart of the team so no one cares.

This is barley democratic.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #333 on: February 04, 2020, 05:18:06 AM »

Klobuchar has polled behind Andrew Yang consistently for the entire campaign, tying with him or beating him in only a handful of polls. I look forward to seeing Yang's thread pinned on this site's homepage posthaste.

Things are not always what they seem on the surface. The National Poll does not mean very much. Amy Klobuchar is a Senator from the Midwest (Minnesota). Politicians in the Midwest typically do not have very good national name recognition. On top of that, Klobuchar has been running a localized race to focus on winning Iowans rather than using a more national strategy. Yang didn't have a lot of name recognition, either, but his strategy has been to reach out nationally rather than focus on Iowa.

We saw the results of the difference in strategy. Klobuchar ran a very professional and strategic campaign that got her into the double digits in Iowa. Yang wasn't even able to get viable many places, if anywhere. People like Kloubachar when they get to know her. People already know Yang by now so it's hard for him to keep growing.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #334 on: February 04, 2020, 09:51:33 PM »

So after pinning all her hopes on Iowa, and coming a measly 5th place, maybe fourth if she's lucky, when does she drop out? I guess she could Coast on life support through New Hampshire, but at this point why do so?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #335 on: February 04, 2020, 09:53:01 PM »

So after pinning all her hopes on Iowa, and coming a measly 5th place, maybe fourth if she's lucky, when does she drop out? I guess she could Coast on life support through New Hampshire, but at this point why do so?

Drop out and endorse Warren??? I could see it happening, but probably Pete.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #336 on: February 04, 2020, 09:54:40 PM »

Well, whomever she endorses is still up for grabs. But I can't see her continuing on. The biggest question in my mind right now is like I said whether or not she coasts through New Hampshire praying for a miracle that ain't coming.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #337 on: February 04, 2020, 09:58:58 PM »

Well, whomever she endorses is still up for grabs. But I can't see her continuing on. The biggest question in my mind right now is like I said whether or not she coasts through New Hampshire praying for a miracle that ain't coming.

She probably will, but after she gets 5% in NH....perhaps not
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #338 on: February 05, 2020, 09:27:03 PM »

I wish she would be given the chance. I think the work she would do as President would be on a higher level than the others, and also on a broader scale, touching more people.

But people don't care for her personality. That's what they say. But I like her personality. I like her short quips. She is intelligent and aware of the plight of females and also of Americans around our country. Maybe next time....
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #339 on: February 06, 2020, 02:31:14 PM »

I wish she would be given the chance. I think the work she would do as President would be on a higher level than the others, and also on a broader scale, touching more people.

But people don't care for her personality. That's what they say. But I like her personality. I like her short quips. She is intelligent and aware of the plight of females and also of Americans around our country. Maybe next time....

You had me until the end. There is no plight of females.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #340 on: February 06, 2020, 08:34:59 PM »

The plight I am referring to is that there has never been a female President. If that means nothing to you, so be it. But females know what I'm talking about when I say "plight" in this instance.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #341 on: February 06, 2020, 09:02:45 PM »

The plight I am referring to is that there has never been a female President. If that means nothing to you, so be it. But females know what I'm talking about when I say "plight" in this instance.

The fact that he self-identifies as a "men's rights advocate" means he is not worth arguing with.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #342 on: February 06, 2020, 11:44:13 PM »

Motion to un-pin this thread.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #343 on: February 07, 2020, 09:21:54 AM »

Women won office at a higher rate than men. It's just that fewer run. That's hardly a plight. Sure, no woman has become President, but no woman feels they can't, either. Everybody knows a woman can become President.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #344 on: February 07, 2020, 12:16:35 PM »

Looks like Amy picked up an endorsement from Joe Sestak!
https://blog.4president.org/2020/2020/02/former-congressman-and-presidential-candidate-admiral-joe-sestak-endorses-senator-amy-klobuchar.html
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #345 on: February 07, 2020, 10:42:05 PM »

Prediction - If & when Klobuchar places 5th & below 15% in NH, she will drop out. You could see it today that she was literally begging on & on & seemed that she may break into tears while pleading for support. With Bloomberg coming & with Pete & Biden in, there is simply no space for her. Yang will also drop out after NH. You can feel it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #346 on: February 08, 2020, 12:12:26 AM »

Prediction - If & when Klobuchar places 5th & below 15% in NH, she will drop out. You could see it today that she was literally begging on & on & seemed that she may break into tears while pleading for support. With Bloomberg coming & with Pete & Biden in, there is simply no space for her. Yang will also drop out after NH. You can feel it.

Tears destroyed Muskie and saved Hillary in NH.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #347 on: February 08, 2020, 01:43:16 PM »

What would it take for Klobuchar to be able to stay in the race after NH?

Results-wise, I would think it would require Klobuchar to pass Biden, catch up to Warren, and be closer to Buttigieg.  The clear trend in NH is toward Sanders, and that appears to be a bit at the expense of Mayor Pete.

One thing that would help is some last minute endorsements from folks who would be expected to back Biden, but who believe Biden is too old and too flawed (at this point) as a candidate.  Biden LOOKS old, and having his son and him being dragged into the impeachment drama was hardly rejuvenating.  Biden doesn't have a lot of prominent endorsements as of now; many of his endorsements are political figures, but rather obscure ones.  What if some major endorsements were to suddenly come Klobuchar's way?  It's kind of late for that, but NH is a primary, and lots of folks could change their minds at the last minute. 

That's what would have to happen.  Honestly, I don't know where that would come from.  I believe that part of the problem is there are a number of Anyone But Sanders Dems who have put their hopes in Biden, but who are looking to Bloomberg as their fallback plan.  And in terms of strategy, this is sound, to the extent that Bloomberg won't run out of money.  If Bloomberg weren't in the race, I believe that those looking to bolt Biden for a better candidate would have already been in Klobuchar's camp. 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #348 on: February 08, 2020, 01:50:23 PM »

Results-wise, I would think it would require Klobuchar to pass Biden, catch up to Warren, and be closer to Buttigieg.  The clear trend in NH is toward Sanders, and that appears to be a bit at the expense of Mayor Pete.

One thing that would help is some last minute endorsements from folks who would be expected to back Biden, but who believe Biden is too old and too flawed (at this point) as a candidate.  Biden LOOKS old, and having his son and him being dragged into the impeachment drama was hardly rejuvenating.  Biden doesn't have a lot of prominent endorsements as of now; many of his endorsements are political figures, but rather obscure ones.  What if some major endorsements were to suddenly come Klobuchar's way?  It's kind of late for that, but NH is a primary, and lots of folks could change their minds at the last minute. 

That's what would have to happen.  Honestly, I don't know where that would come from.  I believe that part of the problem is there are a number of Anyone But Sanders Dems who have put their hopes in Biden, but who are looking to Bloomberg as their fallback plan.  And in terms of strategy, this is sound, to the extent that Bloomberg won't run out of money.  If Bloomberg weren't in the race, I believe that those looking to bolt Biden for a better candidate would have already been in Klobuchar's camp. 

I trust Klobachar about as much as I trust Hillary.  Even Bloomberg would be better.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #349 on: February 08, 2020, 01:56:44 PM »

I trust Klobachar about as much as I trust Hillary.  Even Bloomberg would be better.

Klobuchar is, I believe, the most electable candidate in the race against Trump, except for (maybe) Bloomberg, and that's because of Bloomberg's immense fortune.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies