Virginia megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:47:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Virginia megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 58
Poll
Question: Would Democrats be driving Northam from office for his Yearbook Page if the Lt. Gov was a Republican?
Yes, of course, they're Massive FFs

No, of course; they're not going to let a Republican undo what they've accomplished.

They'd be deeply divided on the issue.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 139

Author Topic: Virginia megathread  (Read 69982 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: February 06, 2019, 02:27:34 PM »

Snowguy, how the hell are these three supposed to govern VA for three years, especially as Democrats in a state where blacks basically are the party outside of DC suburbia? The VA Democratic Party needs the confidence of blacks to govern. With Governor Klansman at the helm, that's totally impossible. He needs to go.

...but Fairfax definitely needs to go first.

100% Agreed. Fairfax doesn't deserve the "honor" of being Gov of VA even for a few hours.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #801 on: February 06, 2019, 02:31:52 PM »

Dr. Tyson has released a statement

Somebody post it

Her statement just doesn't sound believable.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #802 on: February 06, 2019, 02:34:26 PM »

Before the end of the month, I'm going to end up as the Governor of Virginia.

Till a scandal comes out about u.

Oh boy, you're new. I got scandals on scandals on scandals. Binders full of scandals.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #803 on: February 06, 2019, 02:34:45 PM »

I hope there is a recording of this. Fairfax has got to go.

No, not at all. This was investigated by an impartial body who determined that the story she told wasn't true. So she then went to a right wing site eager to take down the statewide Democrats in Virginia. That woman is a bitch with a capital C and Fairfax should slap her with a lawsuit for libel and defamation.
BELIEVE ALL WOMUHN

I've been against the MeToo crap since it appeared in the form of Obama's campus rape kangaroo kourts. If you were raped, go to the police. This woman sucked a guy's d*** in 2004 and now she's screaming rape to a right wing propaganda site to try and destroy him.

Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #804 on: February 06, 2019, 02:34:57 PM »

Wouldn't it be great if Mr Cox also admitted to wearing blackface and/or sexual misconduct, so they just have to keep going down the list until the find somebody they deem unspoilt enough to govern the Commonwealth of Virginia?
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #805 on: February 06, 2019, 02:36:20 PM »

I've been against the MeToo crap since it appeared in the form of Obama's campus rape kangaroo kourts. If you were raped, go to the police. This woman sucked a guy's d*** in 2004 and now she's screaming rape to a right wing propaganda site to try and destroy him.

Disgusting. You should hang your head in shame.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #806 on: February 06, 2019, 02:36:50 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2019, 02:40:57 PM by RogueBeaver »

henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #807 on: February 06, 2019, 02:40:02 PM »

I thought he was trying to get ahead of an impending story. But now it looks like he outed himself for no reason. Why air your dirty laundry if you don't need to...sigh.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #808 on: February 06, 2019, 02:40:38 PM »

You people disgust me.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #809 on: February 06, 2019, 02:46:10 PM »

There's never going to be justice in these type of cases unless the victim files a police report immediately. Otherwise we end up here.
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #810 on: February 06, 2019, 02:46:46 PM »

Fairfax needs to go.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #811 on: February 06, 2019, 02:47:53 PM »

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #812 on: February 06, 2019, 02:49:16 PM »

Dr. Tyson has released a statement

Somebody post it

Her statement just doesn't sound believable.

Quoting for posterity, not that you're one to have shame.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #813 on: February 06, 2019, 02:51:12 PM »

What an absolutely disastrous week for Virginia Democrats. This is insane.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #814 on: February 06, 2019, 02:51:30 PM »

Bottom line --- this whole mess in VA could be solved by passing a law ensuring that when someone resigns due to scandal, they are replaced by someone of their own party. This really ought to always be the case for all elected offices for which there is not a special election, because otherwise you are effectively overturning the election if the office changes partisan control.

That is the primary way that this is (potentially) different from the Kavanaugh situation, for example. In that case, Republicans (Trump) could have simply withdrawn Kavanaugh's nomination and nominated someone else equally (or more) Conservative and easily confirmed them. But Trump didn't do that because he thought that Kavanaugh was more likely to be loyal to him and vote in his favor in cases involving the Russia investigation, pardoning power.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #815 on: February 06, 2019, 03:00:26 PM »

She confirmed she told no one about the assault until 2017. She worked in crisis centers and frequently talked about abuses for many years and never mentioned this, I just find it all hard to believe. This is truly he said/she said and there is no way to prove this one way or the other.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #816 on: February 06, 2019, 03:01:10 PM »

It's like the VA Democratic party saw a self destruct button and pushed it to see what would it do.

Atlas overreacting at its finest. Alabama Republicans endured the double embarrassments of Robert Bentley and Roy Moore and they still did just fine in 2018.

Republicans hypocrites who have no real objection to rape, sexual assault, white collar crimes and rampant lies from their representatives. Democrats, for all their flaws, are quite sincere about being opposed to racism and sexual assault. (They'd be in better shape if Bill Clinton had been rejected as the nominee. He's perfect example of the damage leaving Northam in office can do to the long-term political legitimacy of their party.)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #817 on: February 06, 2019, 03:03:16 PM »

Snowguy, how the hell are these three supposed to govern VA for three years, especially as Democrats in a state where blacks basically are the party outside of DC suburbia? The VA Democratic Party needs the confidence of blacks to govern. With Governor Klansman at the helm, that's totally impossible. He needs to go.
And having 3 stand in appointees govern will be better?  I’m not sure Virginia s find that acceptable either...governed by the appointed.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #818 on: February 06, 2019, 03:04:34 PM »

All of this said, I would believe allegations like this against certain other politicians. That's because some certain politicians are known to have policies that are intentionally designed to harm people. I'm thinking of some of the members of Congress who support things like cutting Social Security.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #819 on: February 06, 2019, 03:04:41 PM »

She confirmed she told no one about the assault until 2017. She worked in crisis centers and frequently talked about abuses for many years and never mentioned this, I just find it all hard to believe. This is truly he said/she said and there is no way to prove this one way or the other.

Reluctant Republican

« Reply #820 on: February 06, 2019, 03:05:35 PM »

Northam has got to be the luckiest politician in the country. Or at least have access to some sort of reverse monkey's paw, where he receives bad luck followed immediately by an incredible break.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #821 on: February 06, 2019, 03:16:09 PM »

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #822 on: February 06, 2019, 03:25:13 PM »

[snip]

I am so thankful we have you. The only lib I'll ever love.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #823 on: February 06, 2019, 03:27:00 PM »

There's proof of Northam and Hearing's indiscretions, what they did was vile and thoughtless and they need to go. Fairfax has done nothing wrong.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #824 on: February 06, 2019, 03:29:02 PM »

And having 3 stand in appointees govern will be better?  I’m not sure Virginia s find that acceptable either...governed by the appointed.

That's how things work. Appointing McSally to the senate after she lost an election was questionable too but everyone did everything according to the law.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies