Virginia megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:53:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Virginia megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 58
Poll
Question: Would Democrats be driving Northam from office for his Yearbook Page if the Lt. Gov was a Republican?
Yes, of course, they're Massive FFs

No, of course; they're not going to let a Republican undo what they've accomplished.

They'd be deeply divided on the issue.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 139

Author Topic: Virginia megathread  (Read 70014 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2019, 06:44:58 PM »

Remember when our good friends on the left were calling Ed Gillespie racist? Good times

Remember when Gillespie was supposed to win because Northam was blowing it? Good times.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2019, 06:47:17 PM »

Virginia Republicans knew about this but they didn't care:

Also, the VA GOP just nominated Chris Stewart for Senate in 2018. The have no room to talk.

Northam should resign. Nothing more, nothing less.
Yeah whoever does oppo research for the VA Republicans needs to be fired. I could believe that many outlets had something like this but kept a lid on it when they were pushing the guy in 2017, after he hurt the democratic party with his pro-infanticide comments the knives came out and this got leaked
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2019, 06:47:57 PM »

Remember when our good friends on the left were calling Ed Gillespie racist? Good times

Remember when more blue avatars defended Northam's klan photo than red avatars?  Good times.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2019, 06:48:48 PM »

This is obviously unacceptable. With that said, Republicans can't go back and forth on racism based on how politically convenient it is.

And you shouldn’t judge all Republicans by some, or even most.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2019, 06:49:57 PM »

I find it hilarious how many Deplorable, hypocritical blue avatars come-out from under the rock, when they see threads like this, but hide their head in shame when they don't post in threads about their Moron-In-Chief and this clownish administration.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2019, 06:52:29 PM »

I find it hilarious how many Deplorable, hypocritical blue avatars come-out from under the rock, when they see threads like this, but hide their head in shame when they don't post in threads about their Moron-In-Chief and this clownish administration.

Fair point, being hypocritical is not admirable.  On this subject, though, do you think he should resign?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2019, 06:57:44 PM »

Virginia Republicans knew about this but they didn't care:

Also, the VA GOP just nominated Chris Stewart for Senate in 2018. The have no room to talk.

Northam should resign. Nothing more, nothing less.
If it come out in Oct. 2013, Terry McAuliffe would have lost again. VA Dems got a break despite Northam. EW would have gotten more black votes.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2019, 06:58:13 PM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2019, 07:01:04 PM »

He should resign. "It was a long time ago" is not a good rebuttal, and that shouldn't change depending on the political party of the person in question. Unlike many, I'll hold Trump, Kavanaugh, and Northam to the same standard.
This! I don’t care when he did it. He probably has that yearbook sitting soemwhere in his house and didn’t care to address anything about it until it got blasted.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2019, 07:02:26 PM »

He is. And so is Northam and he needs to resign. You’re lame.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2019, 07:09:07 PM »

Fair point, being hypocritical is not admirable.  On this subject, though, do you think he should resign?

Yes. The answer is easy.
And the answer is usually easy for people to answer for those who lean left, and says ALOT compared to those who lean right. Hell, many on the right just ignore events like this (if it was a Republican) and don't say anything either way; I guess they like to just exist in "pretend world" and play like it didn't happen.
That is what I find Deplorable about many blue-avatars here.
A Republican elected official or candidate is found to do something racist, or who sexually chases young teenage girls, (or if guns kill someone) and blue-avatars refuse to denounce something that should be so easy to do.
Now if it was their mother/sister/daughter/child that was done wrong, of course those blue avatars would be angry, but if its someone else's mother/sister/daughter/child, than the "R" next to the GOP candidate means more. Disgusting!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2019, 07:12:35 PM »

Yikes!

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2019, 07:12:50 PM »

Julian Castro and Ro Khanna first elected Dems demanding resignation.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2019, 07:17:34 PM »

He is. And so is Northam and he needs to resign. You’re lame.
Show me examples of Gillespie being racist. You can call every white man a racist, show me an example.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2019, 07:17:43 PM »

Well... he was a former Republican.

So was I. 
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2019, 07:17:44 PM »

Northam isn't going to last the weekend.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2019, 07:19:35 PM »

Assuming he doesn’t survive, how much will this hurt his approval ratings?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2019, 07:19:42 PM »

Oh look what I found in SirWoodbury's "yearbook" (another thread actually and he just posted it earlier TODAY).
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=312550.0
Yet, SirWoodbury wants accolades for his performance ...

So what? Discrimination happens (unfortunately) everytime ...
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2019, 07:21:05 PM »

Sad to hear. Well, at least we get Fairfax out of this.

Perellio should have won.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2019, 07:21:23 PM »

I read that Republicans found this after Northam was nominated, but didn’t release it out of fear that too many of their supporters with switch over and vote for Northam. /joking

Hilarious. 
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2019, 07:22:07 PM »

If the second yearbook thing is also true, I think he's done.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2019, 07:23:46 PM »

NARAL & NAACP both call for him to resign

Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2019, 07:25:19 PM »

Yes. The answer is easy.
And the answer is usually easy for people to answer for those who lean left, and says ALOT compared to those who lean right. Hell, many on the right just ignore events like this (if it was a Republican) and don't say anything either way; I guess they like to just exist in "pretend world" and play like it didn't happen.
A Republican elected official or candidate is found to do something racist, or who sexually chases young teenage girls, (or if guns kill someone) and blue-avatars refuse to denounce something that should be so easy to do.
Now if it was their mother/sister/daughter/child that was done wrong, of course those blue avatars would be angry, but if its someone else's mother/sister/daughter/child, than the "R" next to the GOP candidate means more. Disgusting!
Nice false equivalency. There's a huge difference between doing something racist and doing something illegal. Rape and murder are illegal while dressing up in black face or a KKK robe is not. Should someone's career really be ruined because they did a non illegal activity. It most certainly should in the event of a suspected crime, like what Roy Moore is alleged to have done.

Also weren't actors in Hollywood still using blackface during the time period when this picture was taken. Just look at a 1983 film called Trading Places starring Dan Aykroyd where he adorns blackface as a disguise. That film has an 86% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Where's the outrage on that?

My point is that this photo happened a long time ago in a period where something like this would not be that uncommon especially in the south.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2019, 07:30:12 PM »

NARAL & NAACP both call for him to resign

Both are left wing groups that helped Northam win. He will probably have to resign.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2019, 07:30:17 PM »

Fair point, being hypocritical is not admirable.  On this subject, though, do you think he should resign?

Yes. The answer is easy.

Nice false equivalency. There's a huge difference between doing something racist and doing something illegal. Rape and murder are illegal while dressing up in black face or a KKK robe is not. Should someone's career really be ruined because they did a non illegal activity. It most certainly should in the event of a suspected crime, like what Roy Moore is alleged to have done.

Also weren't actors in Hollywood still using blackface during the time period when this picture was taken. Just look at a 1983 film called Trading Places starring Dan Aykroyd where he adorns blackface as a disguise. That film has an 86% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Where's the outrage on that?

My point is that this photo happened a long time ago in a period where something like this would not be that uncommon especially in the south.

And what if this new revelation (above) has validity?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies