Tmth/Lumine For The People: June Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 02:15:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Tmth/Lumine For The People: June Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Tmth/Lumine For The People: June Announcement  (Read 8032 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2019, 12:34:16 AM »

Congrats, friend! I look forward to seeing the work you guys (Benson included) do in office!
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2019, 12:36:13 AM »

Congratulations to both of you!!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2019, 12:53:52 AM »

Ladies and gentlemen, thank you.

This has been one of the most dramatic, intense and even strange elections in our recent history, and one in which every single candidate did his best and fought hard for the result they wanted. After several days of hard-fought campaigning the Atlasian people have the chance to express their verdict, and in their wisdom they have decided that Tmthforu and myself should be elected President and Vice-President of Atlasia.

Despite not having expected to take an active role on this election it was my pleasure and my privilege to join Tmth’s on his ticket and fight an active, committed campaign, and present a positive vision of a better Atlasia that could aspire to be better than it currently is. It was an honor to have talked to so many of you, to have worked so hard for this ticket out of a sincere belief we could make the game better. It was an honor to have taken part on this active race, something Atlasia desperately needed. And it was my honor to see that the people had decided that this ticket deserved to go to the White House.

Due to that I should feel pleased, but what I feel right now is a profound sense of bitterness. And that is because it was not to be that I would get to enjoy this victory, not before having to see that my integrity not only as a person, but as a moderator of this board and forum, was impugned in such a false, deceitful and ultimately unfair manner, which contradicts essentially every single principle I have tried to pursue both in the game and as a moderator. And these are the times, my friends, in which one wonders what may even be the point.

Time will say as I myself ponder and reflect on what to do next. In the meantime, it is only right for Tmth to thoroughly celebrate and enjoy a well-deserved victory, for the nation to trust that they have an excellent President-Elect who will delivered on much needed change. Our Republic experienced an active and well-fought contest, and of this we must always be proud.

Thank you all.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2019, 01:09:31 AM »

I just want you to know, Lumine, that I trust that you would never actually delete posts for the purpose of invalidating voters, and find it despicable that some members of my side are creating fake scandals to justify disappointment.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2019, 01:20:24 AM »

Felicitations on your triumph!
RC
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -6.09

P P P

« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2019, 01:21:12 AM »

Congratulations guys! Proud of you all.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2019, 01:21:56 AM »

Congratulations!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2019, 02:07:02 AM »

Well done, lads, jolly good show!
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2019, 02:08:18 AM »

Congratulations, my friend.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2019, 05:01:31 AM »

Congratulations!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2019, 05:40:36 AM »

Congratulations President-elect TM and Vice President-elect Lumine! Good luck with your administration
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2019, 06:13:43 AM »

Congratulations!
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2019, 07:21:39 AM »

Congrats, friend! I look forward to seeing the work you guys (Benson included) do in office!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2019, 11:28:23 AM »

Congratulations, tmth and Lumine, and welcome back to the White House!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2019, 02:21:44 PM »

If Lumine did that, there would be a record of it on the server, and there is none. It didn't happen.

Quoting this post as confirmation of what we all knew before - Lumine did no wrong. Thank you Virginia for confirming. It is sad that people take this game so seriously that they would make such a false character/integrity attack on Lumine and me. This is also coming from the same people who use examples from years ago to try and argue that I play a dirty game - I find it hypocritical.

Negativity and and false accusations, as displayed last night, are bad for the game, and I am appreciative that there was such a strong rebuke of it from ALL sides. That gives me hope for the future of this game. False accusations have caused me to leave in the past, so I understand the frustration that Lumine is currently feeling. I certainly hope this instance does not discourage our VP-elect - Lumine will do a fantastic job for The People. The reactions from  last night give me hope that we can leave this negativity in the past and move towards a more positive future where drama comes from policy disagreements, not personal attacks!!

^^^^See that line? It means it's time to hit "refresh" and move forward.

Thank you for all of the congratulations, we are excited to hit the ground running!! The transition process will begin shortly as we begin to  appoint members to our administration. While we are still in the very early stages, please reach out to me if you are interested in getting involved - whether you are new to the game or a veteran, a Federalist, Laborite or somewhere in between. All are encouraged to apply. I am going to work very hard to be the best president that I can be, we're only getting started. Smiley Stay tuned!!

Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2019, 02:53:42 PM »

An incredible victory for an incredible ticket. Congratulations! I look forward to working closely with the administration as part of the GM department.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2019, 05:55:33 PM »

Congratulations, Tmth and Lumine.  I very much look forward to working with the new administration.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2019, 06:59:37 PM »

Congratulations!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2019, 07:05:02 PM »

TMTH and Lumine

Hear! Hear!

Great job!

All the best!

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2019, 11:41:51 PM »

Thank you all for your congratulations!

(And Wulfric in particular for a most kind comment)

It is indeed time to move on and to prepare for working very hard for the nation, I strongly hope we shall not disappoint!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2019, 06:37:46 PM »

Thank you all for the opportunity to serve, we are proud of the great things this administration has done. See below for announcement on the June presidential race. Posting in this thread for historical purposes later on. Smiley

Announcement from President Tmthforu94

I will not be a candidate in the June presidential election.

This decision was not made lightly - it was made after careful consideration and discussion with my close allies, Lumine especially. The decision is primarily rooted in our belief that it is time for fresh leadership in the game.

Back in February when we initially decided to run, we knew there was a high likelihood we would only seek one term. We had initially considered running again after being persuaded by leaders in my party who thought that we were the only ticket that stood a strong chance. Adam Griffin's entrance into the race helped make the decision, though. I am a two-term president, as is he. We have a negative history, though I'd like to believe the race would have stayed mostly clean, and I'm sure it would have been "newsworthy." What drew me away, though, is the fact that in a game that has so many quality posters who've never held the highest office, we'd be running two "old guard titans" that have each served for two terms as president already (as well as a term as VP for me). I think that it is a bit ridiculous and sad for us - we should not be at a point in the game where we keep running the same people over and over.

Windjammer told me in February that he believed it was time for the old guard to step aside and make room for new leadership. That is what I'm doing today. While Griffin may already be running, I hope this does not deter others from taking a shot at it who haven't had the chance before. In a Federalist/Right primary, I will not support a candidate who has already served as president. I am confident that the June election will still be lively and competitive and that new leaders with fresh ideas will emerge. Our nation is strong and the future is very bright. Cool

This is not a retirement - I am still very excited to serve in the game and believe there are other ways I can have a positive impact. I will defer to new faces on high office instead of jumping for the next big vacancy that occurs. I don't have plans for elected office in the near future - my hope is to work on story writing, whether through the GM department or by establishing a newspaper/media outlet. I think that is a massive area for growth in this game; it is something that has been lacking for a long time. There will also be pet issues that I'll continue to work on. I also know that we haven’t heard the last from Lumine, either. Wink

I will also say that my personal life played a huge factor in these decisions. I will be down in Ozarks during the week of the election, and especially with strong GOTVers like Griffin and Jimmy, it would be very hard to coordinate GOTV from my phone, and more importantly, it would be a distraction from what is going around me in the real world. If the race was a referendum on my administration and not a GOTV battle, I am highly confident I'd win, but it's not. I don't want to let Federalists down next month because I'm out on a pontoon boat instead of messaging voters. Tongue I am also vacationing in Napa in July, and August-October is peak hurricane season (I work in flood insurance). Atlasia deserves a fully committed president, and I can't say with 100% certainty that I'll have the time - if another Harvey hits (God forbid), I'd be working 12 hours days, 6 days a week.

For the rest of this term, I will continue to work hard as your president and accomplish the goals that were laid out during our campaign and in the State of the Union address. Our executive branch was a MESS when we took over and we have considerably improved in many areas - we will end this administration on a high note and leave the next administration in great shape. I will continue to fight for The People every day.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve as your president - a high honor!

TM
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2019, 06:48:38 PM »

Thank you for your service, Tmth and Lumine!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2019, 06:49:34 PM »

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2019, 07:10:33 PM »

At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2019, 07:14:23 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »