Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:12:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 77
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 129734 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: February 19, 2019, 03:51:13 PM »

Sanders isn't necessarily all that different on the issues than a lot of Democrats, it's just his delivery that appeals to his supporters. He makes guarantees and that is what people want to hear.

He has plenty of differences. For example:

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #526 on: February 19, 2019, 03:51:20 PM »

I looked at Bernie's platform and basically it's the same as almost all of the other Democratic candidates.

Why is Bernie different? What makes him special?

He's just an egotistical and narcissistic old man that will NEVER be President no matter how hard he tries.
Tell me, who was the person who supported all of those policies back in 2015? Was it Hillary Clinton?
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #527 on: February 19, 2019, 03:51:29 PM »

Hope other candidates bring up the age issue directly and don't dance around it. Would you trust a 79 year old surgeon to perform on you? Like the President they also make life and death decisions.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #528 on: February 19, 2019, 03:52:36 PM »

Hope other candidates bring up the age issue directly and don't dance around it. Would you trust a 79 year old surgeon to perform on you? Like the President they also make life and death decisions.

If age is such a big deal then why is nobody calling for Ginsburg and Breyer to resign?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #529 on: February 19, 2019, 03:53:10 PM »

Bernie once again trying to court the elusive "White working class" is exactly why he lost the primary in 2016 not because it was rigged.

Focusing on predominantly White and very rural states and not focusing on the base of Democratic Party combined with the fact that there are much more candidates running is exactly why Bernie's campaign will fail just like it did in 2016.

I can't wait to never have to here about Bernie Sanders ever again. It will be a blessing!

Or Bernie can just scoot by winning 30-40% of the vote in states while Booker, Harris, Klobuchar, Biden and O'Rourke all eat away at each other.

(pssst, it's how Trump won the GOP primary in 2016)
There are no winner take all states and highly doubt all those candidates are relevant after Super Tuesday. Beto and Harris will wipe out everyone that night. Warren May be able to hang on but that’s it.

Chicken sh**t Biden isn’t running. He can’t legitimately defend his right wing beliefs.

If Biden is able to win the South and Harris does well in the big, urban states like California and Illinois, that's probably enough vote-splitting to let Sanders get nominated off 30-50% pluralities in states like Ohio and North Carolina.
Biden isn’t winning anything. There is a difference between the pragmatic incrementalism Hillary was proposing and Joe Biden who is a pro-choice Republican. He is vulnerable, and doesn’t have the luxury of being in a binary race with a Vermont Senator with low name ID among black Southerners.

Just imagine how bad he’ll look taking PAC money while everyone else rejects it. He has no genuine grassroots support. He would be propped up by low info voters who just know him as Obama’s VP. These types don’t donate or volunteer in campaigns. Biden needs to hang it up.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #530 on: February 19, 2019, 03:53:12 PM »

Sanders isn't necessarily all that different on the issues than a lot of Democrats, it's just his delivery that appeals to his supporters. He makes guarantees and that is what people want to hear.

He has plenty of differences. For example:

Gabbard also opposed all three votes, just btw.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2017/roll378.xml
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2018/roll230.xml
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2016/roll600.xml

Purple heart
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #531 on: February 19, 2019, 03:54:05 PM »

If age is such a big deal then why is nobody calling for Ginsburg and Breyer to resign?

They both should've stepped down back in 2013, the fact they could die anytime and be replaced by Trump in the next two years is frightening. And there's absolutely no comparison to being a judge and President.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #532 on: February 19, 2019, 03:55:39 PM »

I looked at Bernie's platform and basically it's the same of almost all of the other Democratic candidates.

He's just an egotistical and narcissistic old man that will NEVER be President no matter how hard he tries.

I’m pretty damn convinced you’re a troll now.
Please. I'm a troll because I don't like Bernie?

You're gonna be surprised to see how Bernie's campaign crashes and fails like it did in 2016.

You’re a troll because you can ask with a straight face how Sanders platform is different from, for instance, Joe Biden or Cory Booker or Amy Klobuchar.

And for dismissing the candidate with perhaps, as of right now, the best chance at becoming the Democratic nominee (in an obviously crowded and chaotic field).
>best chance
>behind by double digits in most polls
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #533 on: February 19, 2019, 03:57:28 PM »

I looked at Bernie's platform and basically it's the same of almost all of the other Democratic candidates.

You're gonna be surprised to see how Bernie's campaign crashes and fails like it did in 2016.

You’re a troll because you can ask with a straight face how Sanders platform is different from, for instance, Joe Biden or Cory Booker or Amy Klobuchar.

And for dismissing the candidate with perhaps, as of right now, the best chance at becoming the Democratic nominee (in an obviously crowded and chaotic field).
>best chance
>behind by double digits in most polls

Behind low information voters candidate / paper tiger Joe Biden, yes.

God you people are so disingenuous with your attacks.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #534 on: February 19, 2019, 04:10:48 PM »

The most obvious reason is that Trump appointing the replacements would be terrible. The second one is that being on the Supreme Court is a lot less stressful than being President. You hear arguments, write opinions and rule on cases. It's basically a part time job.

And from rumors that I've read, Jane Sanders was controlling much of the campaign last time around because Bernie isn't exactly up to doing everything. That's just a rumor though.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #535 on: February 19, 2019, 04:15:54 PM »

Age is just a number. He seems to be in good health overall. Of course it isn’t ideal but it’s not a deal breaker.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #536 on: February 19, 2019, 04:30:25 PM »

Joe Biden isn't even running (yet).

Most other Democrats running especially Kamala and Warren have almost the same platform as Bernie.

There's nothing special about Bernie and my dislike for him doesn't make me a troll. Don't even try that troll garbage with me. I don't play that game.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #537 on: February 19, 2019, 04:31:53 PM »

Age is just a number. He seems to be in good health overall. Of course it isn’t ideal but it’s not a deal breaker.
No, 80 year old should be President. Being President is not like a regular job.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #538 on: February 19, 2019, 04:34:55 PM »

No, 80 year old should be President.
I'm glad you support Sanders for President
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #539 on: February 19, 2019, 04:35:16 PM »

I looked at Bernie's platform and basically it's the same as almost all of the other Democratic candidates.

Tell me, who was the person who supported all of those policies back in 2015? Was it Hillary Clinton?
Hillary platform adopted 88% of Bernie's platform. Bernie did change the narrative and that's good.

However, his and his insufferable supporters (many not all of them) will throw the same tantrum that they did in 2016 when he once again loses the primary in 2020.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #540 on: February 19, 2019, 04:35:56 PM »

Indeed. This is a concern for me, even as a Sanders supporter. But it’s also why it’s so important Sanders chooses someone who will continue his fight even if he isn’t able to — we can’t have an establishment hack in the VP slot, no way.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #541 on: February 19, 2019, 04:40:40 PM »

How old is too old then? This isn't as black and white as so may seem. Attacking him on his age is fair but it's not as simple as "Bernie is too old". If 80 is old, what about 70? Where do you draw the line?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #542 on: February 19, 2019, 04:41:11 PM »

No, 80 year old should be President.
I'm glad you support Sanders for President
Huh

Bernie would literally turn 80 years in his first year in office if he were to (unfortunately) be elected President.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #543 on: February 19, 2019, 04:43:47 PM »
« Edited: February 19, 2019, 04:46:17 PM by VP YE »

Most other Democrats running especially Kamala and Warren have almost the same platform as Bernie.

There's nothing special about Bernie and my dislike for him doesn't make me a troll. Don't even try that troll garbage with me. I don't play that game.

Yeah, I’m not playing into your concern trolling and disingenuous attacks on Bernie.

Glad to see I’ve got you so triggered though tough guy.  Tears of joy

Enjoy the next year as Bernie continues to be a formidable contender and grow his campaign. ( :

Curious to see what historic levels of fundraising Bernie accomplishes in 24 hours, too.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #544 on: February 19, 2019, 04:46:26 PM »

How old is too old then? This isn't as black and white as so may seem. Attacking him on his age is fair but it's not as simple as "Bernie is too old". If 80 is old, what about 70? Where do you draw the line?
I don't know.

If the best person the U.S. has to be President is an 80 year old man, then thats not a good thing.

The intensity and enormity of being President would not be healthy for an 80 year old man. Look at what the presiency did to Clinton and Obama and they were both relatively young and healthy (as President).
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #545 on: February 19, 2019, 04:48:38 PM »

Yeah, I’m not playing into your concern trolling and disingenuous attacks on Bernie.

Glad to see I’ve got you so triggered though tough guy.  Tears of joy

Enjoy the next year as Bernie continues to be a formidable contender and grow his campaign. ( :

Curious to see what historic levels of fundraising Bernie accomplishes in 24 hours, too.
Concerned trolling? Where was I concern trolling?

You're Exhibit A on why so many people don't like Bernie supporters more than Bernie himself.

Bernie is going to crash and burn. I don't care how much money he raises, it's all going to waste.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #546 on: February 19, 2019, 04:49:18 PM »

I don't know.

If the best person the U.S. has to be President is an 80 year old man, then thats not a good thing.

The intensity and enormity of being President would not be healthy for an 80 year old man. Look at what the presiency did to Clinton and Obama and they were both relatively young and healthy (as President).

The Malaysian Prime Minister and Tunisian President were democratically elected and are in their 90s. Bernie is absolutely the best person for President in 2020. We'll see about 2024 when that comes up.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #547 on: February 19, 2019, 04:50:57 PM »

I don't know.

The Malaysian Prime Minister and Tunisian President were democratically elected and are in their 90s. Bernie is absolutely the best person for President in 2020. We'll see about 2024 when that comes up.
LOL, you again with this ridiculous argument. Just because Malaysia and Tunisia did it doesn't make it OK.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #548 on: February 19, 2019, 04:56:41 PM »

Malaysia and Tunisia are not exactly paragons of modern thinking and democracy. The presidency is high pressure and is not a monarchy. There is no throne and Bernie's job wouldn't be to come out and wave to people every few weeks. I'm assuming that some of his supporters expect other people to do the heavy lifting while Bernie acts like Queen Elizabeth.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #549 on: February 19, 2019, 04:57:00 PM »

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/STATS/table4c6.html

Bernie's odds of dying before 2024 aren't that high especially as he's in good health.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies