Crisis in Venezuela (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:16:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Crisis in Venezuela (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crisis in Venezuela  (Read 18389 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« on: April 30, 2019, 10:13:41 AM »

Come on Maduro, hold on.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 01:08:10 PM »

I am sick and tired of American backed and sometimes even done coups and regime changes and stupid foreign policy, enough already of the "democracy" thumping propaganda machine.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 03:15:04 PM »

Not subscribing to the toxic Cheney/Bolton style foreign policy and propaganda, that is why Gabbard is also awesome (besides a couple areas)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 03:36:16 PM »

Don't buy into corporate America's wars, see through the world police state we have been for the past few decades.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 03:41:55 PM »

Don't buy into corporate America's wars, see through the world police state we have been for the past few decades.

lmao all I know is that America slaps compared to like, living in some hellhole like Russia or some place that's like, not America.

Do you really think letting dictators run amok is how you get rid of police states?

It doesn't make any sense man. I don't get your logic.

Of course you don't, you are a Cheney lover.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 03:43:24 PM »

Mexico previously offered to host bilateral talks, and yet Guaidó and the Opposition didn’t move to talks and then threw this. The very fact of the matter is that Guiadó has slightly more legitimacy than the GNA government in Tripoli, Libya. Both were propped up by people who knew nothing on the ground, and were not looking that there are serious issues with the factionalism in the movement. I expect the coup to fail in bringing stability and prosperity to Venezuela, only further contribute to its free fall.

For shame people wanting US intervention after decades of costly war and blowback back home. You only serve as useful idiots to Haliburton and other weaponry stockholders.

Hear hear!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 06:54:22 PM »

America has not fought a war that we should have fought for except for maybeeee Afghanistan (and even then not to this crazy extent) since WW2.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 11:28:05 PM »

America has not fought a war that we should have fought for except for maybeeee Afghanistan (and even then not to this crazy extent) since WW2.

I think Korea was justified, although the U.S. shouldn't have gone into the North after repealing Kim Il-sung forces from the South.

Absolutely not, say no to war.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 11:30:18 PM »

Not subscribing to the toxic Cheney/Bolton style foreign policy and propaganda, that is why Gabbard is also awesome (besides a couple areas)

Think dialectically for a fraction of a second and realize that you can be against 'toxic' foreign policy while not hoping for a dictator to remain in power.

He's the best option, not saying he is a saint or I love him, but he should stay, no Halliburton-like fake "democratic" stooges. What a coincidence Venezuela has oil. Say no to war, say no to the innocents and heroes losing their lives for corporate greed.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 11:35:05 PM »

War hero Ojeda 100% on the mark here (Ik we are not sending our troops to Venezuela, but consider this a broader point for purpose).
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2019, 08:49:01 AM »

Thankfully this looks like it failed, good on Russia for finally starting to step up the plate and defend countries from the Halliburton type mindset.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2019, 08:51:55 AM »

I think Korea was justified, although the U.S. shouldn't have gone into the North after repealing Kim Il-sung forces from the South.

There are outcomes worse than war, man. Living in North Korea is one of them.

Too bad, don't care, we should look out for our own countrypeople and kind, not get them killed by the thousands to try spread some perverted form of corporate "democracy" across the planet.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2019, 09:28:03 AM »

Too bad, don't care, we should look out for our own countrypeople and kind, not get them killed by the thousands to try spread some perverted form of corporate "democracy" across the planet.

Oh, so when it's 'our kind' who want to live in peace and freedom, we need to 'look out for them', but when it's brown people or Asians, they're just fighting for 'perverted corporate democracy' and we should support their dictators. I think I see how it is now.

It's not about color, same goes for any country, it's about watching out for our people as Americans who are btw 35-40% non-white including my entire paternal side. 
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2019, 09:34:17 AM »

Oh, so when it's 'our kind' who want to live in peace and freedom, we need to 'look out for them', but when it's brown people or Asians, they're just fighting for 'perverted corporate democracy' and we should support their dictators. I think I see how it is now.

Why do you give yourself the power to decide what is better for people, and say it's better for them to die than live under x dictator?

Maduro is a maniac and much much much worse than his predecessor, but I still do not believe that America or any other country such as Russia or China simply want to "help out of the goodness of
their heart", thus 3-rd parties should stay out of it.

I don't have that power, hence why Gaddafi and Saddam are gone, but anyways, because the rest of the world and especially America was better with them in power, oh no one is helping out of the goodness of their hearts, but I will warmly welcome any aid to Maduro anyways, hopefully he manages to fully route this coup and the neocons and bleeding heart war hungry dem allies.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2019, 09:48:21 AM »

It's not about color, same goes for any country, it's about watching out for our people as Americans who are btw 35-40% non-white including my entire paternal side.  

Spare me the hypocrisy. You aren't arguing against American intervention, you are arguing against the very idea of Venezuela achieving democratic government and in fact are advocating for aid to be sent to their dictator.

Leaving aside that you apparently support intervention to liberate countries as long as those people are French or German, if you truly believe that, the color of someone's passport is no more reasonable a metric to determine who is worthy of a basic ethical consideration.

I support the intervention in WW2 since we were clearly attacked and it was clear that if we did not respond, our interests would be hurt. The whole Venezuela bs is drummed up Bolton neocon propaganda. Choose another line of attack, I am not against my own heritage lol, some left wingers make everything about race when faltering in neocon "logic".
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2019, 07:51:44 PM »

here is some advice, you should read up a little on a subject next time you want to post, you won't look so foolish like you do here.

"Read up" where? Let me guess, the same lying media that sold us Iraq/Libya/Syria, ect.?

here is some advice, you should read up a little on a subject next time you want to post, you won't look so foolish like you do here.

"Read up" where? Let me guess, the same lying media that sold us Iraq/Libya/Syria, ect.?
oh I'm not going to tell you what media to pay attention to, I'm not sure why you thought I would.....I don't know what media was telling you that Guaidó was a Randian, but stay away from them, they're making you look silly.  Pretty much any other bit of media should be fine...unless you go looking for dummies again....I'd suggest not doing that.

I wasn't referring to the puppet Guaidó, only his puppeteers like Bolton.

Hear hear!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies