Crisis in Venezuela
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:06:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Crisis in Venezuela
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Author Topic: Crisis in Venezuela  (Read 18426 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: April 30, 2019, 03:22:38 PM »

But muh cORpoRATe mEdIA
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #226 on: April 30, 2019, 03:22:57 PM »

Not subscribing to the toxic Cheney/Bolton style foreign policy and propaganda, that is why Gabbard is also awesome (besides a couple areas)

What's wrong with Cheney/Bolton style foreign policy? It protects our homeland from those who wish to do America harm.

"There is a bear in the woods. For some people, the bear is easy to see. Others don't see it at all. Some people say the bear is tame. Others say it's vicious and dangerous. Since no one can really be sure who's right, isn't it smart to be as strong as the bear? If there is a bear."
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #227 on: April 30, 2019, 03:26:33 PM »

Not subscribing to the toxic Cheney/Bolton style foreign policy and propaganda, that is why Gabbard is also awesome (besides a couple areas)

What's wrong with Cheney/Bolton style foreign policy? It protects our homeland from those who wish to do America harm.

"There is a bear in the woods. For some people, the bear is easy to see. Others don't see it at all. Some people say the bear is tame. Others say it's vicious and dangerous. Since no one can really be sure who's right, isn't it smart to be as strong as the bear? If there is a bear."

No Cheney/Bolton foreign policy is blowing up the bear with cluster bombs and then saying that bear had nuclear weapons.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #228 on: April 30, 2019, 03:32:24 PM »

Yeah no.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #229 on: April 30, 2019, 03:36:16 PM »

Don't buy into corporate America's wars, see through the world police state we have been for the past few decades.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #230 on: April 30, 2019, 03:38:43 PM »

Don't buy into corporate America's wars, see through the world police state we have been for the past few decades.

lmao all I know is that America slaps compared to like, living in some hellhole like Russia or some place that's like, not America.

Do you really think letting dictators run amok is how you get rid of police states?

It doesn't make any sense man. I don't get your logic.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #231 on: April 30, 2019, 03:40:53 PM »

Mexico previously offered to host bilateral talks, and yet Guaidó and the Opposition didn’t move to talks and then threw this. The very fact of the matter is that Guiadó has slightly more legitimacy than the GNA government in Tripoli, Libya. Both were propped up by people who knew nothing on the ground, and were not looking that there are serious issues with the factionalism in the movement. I expect the coup to fail in bringing stability and prosperity to Venezuela, only further contribute to its free fall.

For shame people wanting US intervention after decades of costly war and blowback back home. You only serve as useful idiots to Haliburton and other weaponry stockholders.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #232 on: April 30, 2019, 03:41:28 PM »

Lol, Bagel being Bagel, Maduro needs to go but I don't know if using the military is the best idea for that. I just hope it doesn't get too bad for the civilians of Venezuela. They deserve much better than what they are getting now.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #233 on: April 30, 2019, 03:41:55 PM »

lmao all I know is that America slaps compared to like, living in some hellhole like Russia or some place that's like, not America.

Do you really think letting dictators run amok is how you get rid of police states?

It doesn't make any sense man. I don't get your logic.

Of course you don't, you are a Cheney lover.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #234 on: April 30, 2019, 03:43:24 PM »

Mexico previously offered to host bilateral talks, and yet Guaidó and the Opposition didn’t move to talks and then threw this. The very fact of the matter is that Guiadó has slightly more legitimacy than the GNA government in Tripoli, Libya. Both were propped up by people who knew nothing on the ground, and were not looking that there are serious issues with the factionalism in the movement. I expect the coup to fail in bringing stability and prosperity to Venezuela, only further contribute to its free fall.

For shame people wanting US intervention after decades of costly war and blowback back home. You only serve as useful idiots to Haliburton and other weaponry stockholders.

Hear hear!
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #235 on: April 30, 2019, 04:00:39 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2019, 04:10:39 PM by Dope and Diamonds »

Halliburton stock has sucked in recent years but I'm thinking over the past month or so that they're looking like a good buy opportunity. I've been tempted to add them to my portfolio several times since March ngl.

Hopefully Halliburton comes out of the woods soon.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #236 on: April 30, 2019, 05:41:21 PM »

He is being what I call a "geo-political hipster". These are the same people who say "Hands off North Korea!".
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #237 on: April 30, 2019, 05:53:05 PM »

The GNA may be a weak and unstable government, but it's certainly more legitimate than the Islamists that previously occupied Tripoli and Haftar's forces to the east in Tobruk.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #238 on: April 30, 2019, 05:59:20 PM »

No Cheney/Bolton foreign policy is blowing up the bear with cluster bombs and then saying that bear had nuclear weapons.

While pocketing a fat "cluster bomb facilitation fee", and then telling you that the fact that your property is now a wasteland with a net negative value is your problem.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #239 on: April 30, 2019, 06:06:54 PM »

This thread is an utter trainwreck.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #240 on: April 30, 2019, 06:09:18 PM »

CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #241 on: April 30, 2019, 06:13:21 PM »

Kind of appropriate given its subject.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #242 on: April 30, 2019, 06:24:03 PM »

That speaks a lot about the credibility gap the United States is facing when dealing with foreign nations: it's policies changes rapidly. The previous administration began a new opening with Cuba, and the next guy does a complete reverse 60s style.

Also, the sanctions did nothing to the Cuban regime other than strengthening it, which was why Fidel was so openly skeptical of the thaw, knowing better relations with the U.S. are more likely to derail the regime.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #243 on: April 30, 2019, 06:54:22 PM »

America has not fought a war that we should have fought for except for maybeeee Afghanistan (and even then not to this crazy extent) since WW2.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #244 on: April 30, 2019, 06:59:13 PM »

America has not fought a war that we should have fought for except for maybeeee Afghanistan (and even then not to this crazy extent) since WW2.

I think Korea was justified, although the U.S. shouldn't have gone into the North after repealing Kim Il-sung forces from the South.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #245 on: April 30, 2019, 07:09:48 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2019, 07:28:18 PM by Crumpets »

EDIT: This was originally its own thread, hence the Syria stuff.

Don't worry. I'm sure everyone targeted here was just a corporatist CIA imperialist mole who got what was coming to them.

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #246 on: April 30, 2019, 07:42:26 PM »

Halliburton stock has sucked in recent years but I'm thinking over the past month or so that they're looking like a good buy opportunity. I've been tempted to add them to my portfolio several times since March ngl.

Hopefully Halliburton comes out of the woods soon.

It's a bear in the woods market for Halliburton.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #247 on: April 30, 2019, 07:56:07 PM »

Big question is whether Putin sends the Russian Military to launch air-strikes on the opposition ?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #248 on: April 30, 2019, 07:56:35 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2019, 08:23:06 PM by PSOL »

Maybe Blackwater might go public at such a great time, seems like they’re preparing for a golden opportunity

Over the last several months, the sources said, Prince has sought investment and political support for such an operation from influential Trump supporters and wealthy Venezuelan exiles. In private meetings in the United States and Europe, Prince sketched out a plan to field up to 5,000 soldiers-for-hire on behalf of Venezuelan opposition leader Juan Guaido, according to two sources with direct knowledge of Prince’s pitch.

One source said Prince has conducted meetings about the issue as recently as mid-April.

White House National Security Council spokesman Garrett Marquis declined to comment when asked whether Prince had proposed his plan to the government and whether it would be considered. A person familiar with the administration’s thinking said the White House would not support such a plan.

Venezuela opposition officials have not discussed security operations with Prince, said Guaido spokesman Edward Rodriguez, who did not answer additional questions from Reuters. The Maduro government did not respond to a request for comment.

Maybe he’ll try to rival the historical ones with his new American Caribbean Corporation.  

Big question is whether Putin sends the Russian Military to launch air-strikes on the opposition ?
I doubt they can sustain it. The Russian military just doesn’t have the resources to engage in that type of sustained intervention, especially one up Uncle Sam’s backyard. If they do try I have no doubt that the Pentagon will go all out to provide ATGMs the Syrian FSA groups would only dream about.

Edit: well this is expected, Peru is kicking out the refugees that are fleeing the Maduro Regime, they’re still backing the coup by Guiadó
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #249 on: April 30, 2019, 07:57:53 PM »

That wouldn't fly in Venezuela.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies