Crisis in Venezuela (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:59:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Crisis in Venezuela (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crisis in Venezuela  (Read 18392 times)
Omega21

« on: January 26, 2019, 01:49:08 PM »

Germany, France and Spain have requested Maduro to hold elections within 7 days. Otherwise, they said they would be ready to recognize Juan.

https://www.tagesschau.de/ausland/venezuela-machtkampf-101.html
Omega21

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 09:20:32 AM »

America has not fought a war that we should have fought for except for maybeeee Afghanistan (and even then not to this crazy extent) since WW2.

I think Korea was justified, although the U.S. shouldn't have gone into the North after repealing Kim Il-sung forces from the South.

Absolutely not, say no to war.

There are outcomes worse than war, man. Living in North Korea is one of them.

Too bad, don't care, we should look out for our own countrypeople and kind, not get them killed by the thousands to try spread some perverted form of corporate "democracy" across the planet.

Oh, so when it's 'our kind' who want to live in peace and freedom, we need to 'look out for them', but when it's brown people or Asians, they're just fighting for 'perverted corporate democracy' and we should support their dictators. I think I see how it is now.

Why do you give yourself the power to decide what is better for people, and say it's better for them to die than live under x dictator?

Maduro is a maniac and much much much worse than his predecessor, but I still do not believe that America or any other country such as Russia or China simply want to "help out of the goodness of
their heart", thus 3-rd parties should stay out of it.
Omega21

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 10:25:52 AM »

Yeah, I also don't think anyone should support Maduro. I simply hope that he falls as a result of low support, not foreign meddling, which will happen if he continues driving the country even deeper into despair.

I hope a neutral (as much as possible) democratic leader is able to take over, who will not sell the countries resources to Russian or American companies for pennies on the dollar, and not become a puppet of either side.

I know it's unrealistic wishful thinking, but dropping bombs with "democracy" and "freedom" written on them on people's heads is not really a solution.
Omega21

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 01:23:49 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2019, 01:32:38 PM by Omega21 »

The CIA The marines/Air Force should have been sent especially after the Russians and Chinese directly decided to intervene .

And what should they exactly do once they get there, shoot up the Venezuelan soldiers?

I'm sure the people would really appreciate a large scale invasion by a foreign country, and not at all back Maduro as pictures of dead soldiers spread (they are all still Venezuelan) lol
Omega21

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 01:26:02 PM »

The CIA should have been sent especially after the Russians and Chinese directly decided to intervene .

And this is how the people of Venezuela, in addition to having to endure already s**ty conditions, will bear the burn of foreign powers using them as pawns in another proxy war. This is just depressing.

It already happened when Russia and China decided to go over there to stop what was naturally happening.

And should they do what exactly once they get there, shoot up the Venezuelan soldiers?

I'm sure the people would really appreciate a large scale invasion by a foreign country, and not at all back Maduro as pictures of dead soldiers spread (they are all still Venezuelan) lol

I said the CIA not the military lol

Yeah sorry, I wanted to quote SirWoodbury
Omega21

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 02:23:23 PM »

Vanessa Neumann - Guaido's envoy to the UK did an interview with Tim Sebastian in the "Conflict Zone".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHrOm4qHLC4
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies