Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:26:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 74
Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 137562 times)
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: May 20, 2019, 10:29:39 AM »

Pete knows how to use the media. Contrast this to the others who started at 0%.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #476 on: May 20, 2019, 11:17:53 AM »

Pete knows how to use the media. Contrast this to the others who started at 0%.

Too bad it likely won't be enough.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #477 on: May 20, 2019, 02:52:37 PM »

So, Alfred E. Newman is all the God Emperor can come up with for Mayor Pete? Sad! Looks like he got under Trump's thin skin with the great townhall.

This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #478 on: May 20, 2019, 06:25:15 PM »

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #479 on: May 21, 2019, 02:12:21 AM »

I've just watched the Fox Town Hall and have to admit, he's a pretty impressive candidate. These kinds of candidates have brought Dems to victory with Carter, Clinton and Obama. If he finds a way to improve numbers among minorities, he's got a shot once the field gets narrower.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #480 on: May 21, 2019, 01:20:19 PM »

https://blog.lareviewofbooks.org/essays/heterosexuality-without-women/

Amazing article. Worth the read. Did you know it's actually straight to be gay?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #481 on: May 22, 2019, 12:15:59 PM »

So great how Mayor Pete responded to Trump's disgusting bullying and name calling at a rally. Well done, Mayor Pete!

Mayor Pete Buttigieg Reacts To President Donald Trump's Rally Remarks | Morning Joe | MSNBC
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #482 on: May 22, 2019, 12:37:52 PM »

I've just watched the Fox Town Hall and have to admit, he's a pretty impressive candidate. These kinds of candidates have brought Dems to victory with Carter, Clinton and Obama. If he finds a way to improve numbers among minorities, he's got a shot once the field gets narrower.
He's a superb communicator, extremely likable, authentic and exudes über-intelligence. Being 37 and gay sounds like a no-go in a US presidential election, but I am all in on this guy. He's very clearly the best in the field and the contrast to Trump is absolutely amazing.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #483 on: May 23, 2019, 02:57:40 PM »

Great job, Mayor Pete!

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #484 on: May 23, 2019, 10:35:45 PM »

Pete has released a page on his website detailing specific policy proposals and goals for a variety of issues.

This is a great step towards him solidifying himself as a serious contender.

He's just paraphrasing the ideas of other candidates.

You've shown a pretty consistent inability to think impartially or critically on anything relating to Pete Buttigieg so perhaps you should respectfully never post in this thread again, lad.

Ya know, nothing I said in my comment was even remotely untrue, but ok. By all means, live in this fantasy that Peter is somehow the white male savior us democrats need. It won't end well for you.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #485 on: May 24, 2019, 06:49:46 AM »

Pete has released a page on his website detailing specific policy proposals and goals for a variety of issues.

This is a great step towards him solidifying himself as a serious contender.

He's just paraphrasing the ideas of other candidates.

You've shown a pretty consistent inability to think impartially or critically on anything relating to Pete Buttigieg so perhaps you should respectfully never post in this thread again, lad.

Ya know, nothing I said in my comment was even remotely untrue, but ok. By all means, live in this fantasy that Peter is somehow the white male savior us democrats need. It won't end well for you.

Ya know, when you make a point of calling a politician with a different name it doesn't own him, you just sound petty. I know you want to make the point he's "just another white dude" by calling him Peter, but the LGBTQ identity erasure doesn't do any favors to you, just like calling Beto "Robert Francis" doesn't do any favors to racist Republicans. Just stop and relax, both Buttigieg and Harris are great people who would be good Presidents and disagreeing on who's better should be done in a polite and mutually respectful manner. But hey, if you want to burn your party down and reelect Trump by petty infighting, that's gonna be your problem. Keep spreading hate.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #486 on: May 24, 2019, 08:46:23 AM »

I feel dumber for having read this.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #487 on: May 24, 2019, 10:43:19 PM »

Mayor Pete, taking the country by storm.

Whoever thought he would be running third or fourth?

Could Biden pick Pete for VP, or would women be outraged because they expect a woman for VP if the Presidential nominee is a man?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #488 on: May 25, 2019, 02:07:32 PM »

Mayor Pete, taking the country by storm.

Whoever thought he would be running third or fourth?

Could Biden pick Pete for VP, or would women be outraged because they expect a woman for VP if the Presidential nominee is a man?

I think Biden will almost certainly pick a woman. And even if he does want to pick a man, I don't think Buttigieg will be very high on his list. Maybe he could end up being a Cabinet Secretary if Biden succeeds.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #489 on: May 25, 2019, 02:37:16 PM »

I thought about this today...is it completely unreasonable to think Pete might be Chief of Staff for someone like Biden?
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #490 on: May 25, 2019, 05:06:39 PM »

I thought about this today...is it completely unreasonable to think Pete might be Chief of Staff for someone like Biden?

Maybe, he definitely seems like someone who could get a cabinet appointment under a Democratic president.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #491 on: June 01, 2019, 03:20:10 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2019, 08:53:08 AM by Speaker YE »

Buttigieg's brother-in-law breaking his silence:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/buttigieg-brother-in-law-rips-candidate-accuses-campaign-of-misrepresenting-familys-past
Rhyan Glezman spoke to The Washington Examiner after a Washington Post article described how his younger brother Chasten Buttigieg, now married to Pete, left his family home and was rejected by his brothers after coming out as gay.
But Rhyan told the Post that while he is opposed to gay marriage, he still loves his brother: "I just don’t support the gay lifestyle.”
Glezman said that while Chasten left the house after coming out, “there was nothing on the family end that said he had to leave.” He also rejected the idea that the family was poor, and claimed Chasten is playing the “victim card” for political gain.

“The story makes it look as if he came from nothing, a poor family,” Rhyan claimed. “Chasten had everything, from cell phones paid for, car insurance paid for.”
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #492 on: June 01, 2019, 03:31:10 PM »

Buttigieg's brother-in-law breaking his silence:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/buttigieg-brother-in-law-rips-candidate-accuses-campaign-of-misrepresenting-familys-past
Rhyan Glezman spoke to The Washington Examiner after a Washington Post article described how his younger brother Chasten Buttigieg, now married to Pete, left his family home and was rejected by his brothers after coming out as gay.
The Post reported that Chasten was met with silence when he told his family he was gay, with one of his brothers uttering: “No brother of mine…” The Post doesn't report that Chasten was "kicked out," as Glezman suggested, but that he packed his bags and left.

“I felt like I just could not be there,” Chasten told the Post. “So, I left.”

The Post reported that while his parents eventually reached out and reconciled with him (and walked him down the aisle at his wedding), that wasn't as easy with his brothers -- with younger brother Dustin saying "we never got over it."

But Rhyan told the Post that while he is opposed to gay marriage, he still loves his brother: "I just don’t support the gay lifestyle.”

He echoed that sentiment to the Examiner: “You can’t change that. Just because we have a disagreement doesn’t change that.”

Glezman said that while Chasten left the house after coming out, “there was nothing on the family end that said he had to leave.” He also rejected the idea that the family was poor, and claimed Chasten is playing the “victim card” for political gain.

“The story makes it look as if he came from nothing, a poor family,” Rhyan claimed. “Chasten had everything, from cell phones paid for, car insurance paid for.”

So essentially he's mad for rightfully being called out as a homophobe?
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #493 on: June 01, 2019, 05:53:18 PM »

"We didn't kick him out, we just told him we didn't accept him for being gay" has got to be one of the least good arguments ever made
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #494 on: June 01, 2019, 08:47:13 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2019, 08:54:18 PM by Reluctant Republican »

Even in the unlikely event his husband lied about everything for whatever reason, I fail to see how this reflects poorly on Buttigieg. He believed his spouse's account, as one would hope one would.
Askew
Rookie

« Reply #495 on: June 03, 2019, 03:30:09 AM »

Wow, his brothers are jackasses. It's rare to see that much bigotry among siblings while the parents are loving and accepting.
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #496 on: June 03, 2019, 08:30:36 PM »

MSNBC found an old 2004 election clip of Mayor Pete grilling Dick Gephardt at a Town Hall while Mayor Pete was in college.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/446764-gephardt-questions-buttigieg-at-town-hall-in-reverse-of-04-campaign
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #497 on: June 03, 2019, 08:50:25 PM »

https://politicalwire.com/2019/06/03/buttigieg-wouldnt-have-pressured-franken-to-resign/

Good d*** it!

Back to undecided Sad
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #498 on: June 03, 2019, 09:29:51 PM »

Ugh, bad response.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #499 on: June 03, 2019, 09:33:39 PM »

MSNBC found an old 2004 election clip of Mayor Pete grilling Dick Gephardt at a Town Hall while Mayor Pete was in college.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/446764-gephardt-questions-buttigieg-at-town-hall-in-reverse-of-04-campaign

This is hysterical.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies