The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:28:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 40
Poll
Question: So, to mix things up a little, I've been thinking about changing the network for the election updates every month. Which one should I do for February?
CNN
FOX News
ABC
CBS
Just stick with NBC.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 35764 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2019, 11:02:01 AM »

Phil Scott for President

(Burlington Vermont, February 22 2019)

Hello Burlington! I'm happy to address you today this cold February day. Today I'll be meeting with Democratic state legislators, but first well...I have a major announcement. But first, a recap of the past two years. Vermont has excelled like never before, we've grown the state economy and brought business to Vermont. We've finally got people coming to Vermont, not leaving. Our credit rating is the highest in the region. We've balanced our budget year after year, without a tax increase. We've set up opioid treatment centers across the state, treated it like a human problem, not a political one.

We must govern with compassion, govern with respect. When we approach a problem, it can't be through a political lens. When we sought 50 million dollars for cleaner water for Vermonters, it can't be seen as he's a Democrat, I'm a Republican. We can't work together, the only way we get things done. Is together. Working with anyone to serve the people. We weren't sent here to grandstand, we were sent her to work. I'm proud that in Vermont, that's what we do. We work hard, we work for Vermonters.

Thankfully we see this in other places, in Boston, Governor Baker serves his constituents, he doesn't scheme. Governor Hogan has rebuilt a state by working with anyone to cut taxes, create jobs, and protect the most vulnerable. President Romney has worked hard with leaders of all stripes to grow the economy, and support of nurses, vets, and teachers. He's worked to make government more efficient, and America a stronger force for Democracy. But though in many places we aspire to citizenship, not partisanship. That's not always the case.

In Congress, we see bickering, partisanship, and point scoring take precedence over working together, getting things done. Politicians shout at each other, try and look good for campaign ads. While trackers take score of politicians. Government shutdowns are used as a tactic for politics. That's not governing, or leading. That's upsettingly just politics. But what I think, is that it doesn't have to be this way. We Vermonters know that. Because we do it better here! And there are leaders, and citizens all across this country who can do better than Washington, we know we can do better. So it's past time we just think about this, let's realize this. There is more work to do. I feel that this years in Vermont prove what we can when we work together. So let's do that on the campaign trail. I'm announcing my candidacy for President of the United States. Let's aspire to citizenship, let's serve the people, and work for everyone! We need to improve our infrastructure, end this cruel opioid epidemic claiming thousands of lives all the time. We need to support our schools and our teachers, we need to create jobs. And we need to change Washington. Thank you Burlington!

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2019, 10:40:34 PM »

Election Update 2020
with your hosts, Lester Holt and Chuck Todd

Holt: Good evening. I'm Lester Holt.

Todd: And I'm Chuck Todd.

Both: And this is your Election Update.

Holt: Well, as they say, when it rains, it pours, and we have got a slew of news to share with you regarding the election.

Todd: That's right, Lester. First off, we have two declarations, both from Republicans. Let's listen in.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Holt: That was Governor Phil Scott of Vermont, a very popular moderate governor there, in a similar mold to Charlie Baker, who he mentioned earlier in that same speech.

Todd: That's right, Lester. We also have a face a lot of Republicans will see as familiar.

Holt: That was Commerce Secretary and former Senator Rick Santorum, who would go on to announce his resignation from the Cabinet to focus on his campaign.

Todd: Santorum a darling of the more conservative wing of the Republican Party, but is that lane even free anymore?

Holt: An excellent question, Chuck. Next up, we have a slew of endorsements from various politicians and even a major organization. Let's listen in.

Holt: Many, many endorsements, as you can see, and many more to come. Now, then, tonight we have a very special guest, Assistant House Minority Leader Tulsi Gabbard. Tulsi, how are you tonight?

Gabbard: I'm good, Lester. Glad to be here.

Holt: And we're very glad to have you. Now, my first question: Representative Gabbard, many believe you’ve jumped in over your head, entering the race with heavyweights like Stacey Abrams and Beto O’Rourke. How do you respond to this?

Gabbard: I am aware that many doubt my ability to win this race, and that compared to many others, my experience is limited in Congress. I plead guilty. I have not had enough time to grow corrupt in the broken system that is Washington. I can bring new, dynamic leadership to this country, especially given my past as a combat veteran. I may not be one of the heavyweight candidates in this race, but I wouldn't be certain that puts me at too much of a disadvantage.

Holt: A principled outsider is what we have here tonight. So, my next question. If elected, you would be the first Samoan-American, first Hindu, and first female President. Do you think these distinctions will help you in a party that for more than a decade now has been heavily influenced by identity politics?

Gabbard: It is a proud moment, but I don't want people to vote for me just because I'm a woman, or Samoan or Hindu. I want people to vote for me because I present the best policies. I believe I do. And I ask that for all voters: vote for who represents your views best. So yeah, I don't want people voting for me because of my gender, my ethnicity or my religion. I want people to support me because i represent their views best, and I believe that is a winning strategy. We must stop, as a party, playing to identity politics. Especially seeing as Republicans use it as a club to beat us over the head with.

Holt: A new era in American politics and a presidential candidate willing to embrace it. Now, ignoring the naysayers and the early polls, what would your first 100 days be like?

Gabbard: My first hundred days would focus on Wall Street reform. Our banks have been getting away with robbing people blind and use bailout money given to them by the taxpayers. Just 6 banks in this country control assets equal to over half of our GDP; more than two thirds of all credit cards issued; over a quarter of all mortgages; 95% of derivatives and 40% of all bank deposits. All that power is concentrated in our 6 largest banks, making them too big to fail. This means if they go under, the economy goes under. We need to break up the banks and reinstate Glass-Steagall now. My first hundred days will target both of these issues.

Holt: The end of "too-big-to-fall" may be at hand. Finally, Representative, if there's one thing you could tell the American public tonight, what would it be?

Gabbard: I am aware of my shameful past. I grew up in a family with a father hostile to the LGBT community. While fighting in Iraq however, I realised what a horrible mistake I'd made in following my father's views. To this end, LGBT rights groups have consistently given me high ratings since I entered Congress. I have cut my ties with Hind nationalist groups as their views do not coincide with mine going forward. I oppose removing that brutal dictator Assad from power because the only other significant power base in Syria is a group of homophobic zealots. The fact that it has taken me this long to realise this is no excuse, but I would ask that you look at my whole past instead of merely the controversial parts. I also ask you to consider if any of our current candidates from other side would truly understand what it's like to send men and women off to war. War is not a pretty thing; it is brutal and violent. It still gives me nightmares to this day. I understand what it's like to see war, so I understand the sacrifice of our veterans more than most.

Holt: Tulsi Gabbard, thanks for being on.

Gabbard: My pleasure, Lester.

Holt: *faces camera*
And that will be all for tonight. I'm Lester Holt.

Both: And this has been your Election Update.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2019, 11:03:16 PM »

And, by a margin of 7-6-1, CNN will be the network for the February Election Updates. As Fox News came in so close a second, it will automatically be used as the network for March.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2019, 11:07:05 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Holds Rally with Kelly Ayotte and Susan Collins in Nashua, NH

"I'm so happy to introduce a bit of a dream team to this wonderful state. When Lisa Murkowski first announced, I got excited. I had sworn to myself to stay out of the endorsement game until after New Hampshire, however, a close friend and mentor of mine decided to run, and I couldn't help myself. Whether it's her work for Native communitites, or safekeeping our first and second amendment rights, Lisa has lead the way. I'm inspired by her work, and will be looking forward to working with her to pass a new conservative agenda, with a maverick bend."

"Thank you for having us here today, Nashua. The longer I spend here, the more I'm reminded of back home in Maine. We in New England don't fall for partisan nonsense, we expect results from whomever is in charge. My time in the Senate alongside Lisa has shown me that she is the same way. Lisa will push for less restrictive regulation, allowing our businesses to flourish and our economy to grow. What she won't do is cave to any pressure asking her to sell out what she believes in."

"How do I follow up such incredible women? I want to thank my friends, Susan Collins and Kelly Ayotte, for being here with us today, and for introducing me to this wonderful crowd tonight. From Alaska to New Hampshire, Americans are tired. We're tired of stagnation, of partisanship, of the petty infighting. We deserve a new path forward. We deserve a President who understands what it means to live in a rural community, who pushes for a less restrictive government, and who will protect the rights of the individual from government overreach. If this is how you feel, New Hampshire, than this campaign is the one for you, and I hope I can earn your support."
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2019, 11:20:56 PM »

Rasmussen Reports Republican Primary Polling, 26-27 January 2019
Lisa Murkowski - 14%

Paul Ryan - 13%
Rick Santorum - 11%
Nikki Haley - 10%
Carly Fiorina - 8%
Charlie Baker - 7%
Phil Scott - 6%
Ben Shapiro - 5%
Alveda King - 3%
Undecided - 23%
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2019, 11:58:06 PM »

Manfred talks about his balance budget plan in Las Vegas Nevada

President Romney and the rest of the GOP all claim to be so financially conservative but their record shows other wise so that is why as President I will propose a actually plan to balance the nation’s budget long term wise without having to raise taxes on the middle class.

We spend too much on the milltary and on milltary projects that act like we are still in the Cold War.
And we don’t spend enough on programs like Medicare and Medicaid and NASA.

We are still trillion dollars in debt for a reason.  As MLB  commissioner I know real well how to stop or start spending and as President I will fight for a balance budget amendment that makes sure the goverment should not overspend it’s limits.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2019, 01:21:14 AM »
« Edited: January 28, 2019, 03:16:04 PM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown's Schedule
January 28th-2nd: 'Dignity of Work tour', Iowa, Nevada, Ohio
February 3rd: Meets with former President Barack Obama, considering presidential run.
February 4th: Meets with AFL-CIO officials, to discuss labor union issues
February 5th-10th: Continue 'Dignity of Work tour' of town halls, Iowa, New Hampshire
February 11th-13th: Deliberate on campaign preparation, hire staff, aides, advisers, etc
February 14th: Deliver speech at Rockefeller Centre on trade policy
February 15th-20th: Resume 'Dignity of Work tour', Iowa

In major press conference,
AFL-CIO Urges Sherrod Brown to Run
& Endorses A Potential Candidacy

AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka made the following remarks at a press conference:

Sherrod Brown launches 'Dignity of Work' Tour

Update: Congressman Gabbard (GOTFan) has added her name as a cosponsor of the Raise the Wage Act.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2019, 10:36:42 AM »

So, yeah, since I moronically forgot to set a time limit for the media outlet poll, I can't get rid of it, so I posted another poll in a separate thread. Thanks for understanding, all!

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=312349.0
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2019, 11:46:17 AM »

Phil Scott for President

Phil Scott to Accept Elise Stefanik Endorsement in Plattsburgh

Phil Scott is beginning his campaign kickoff by accepting the endorsement of Representative Elise Stefanik of New York's 21st district in nearby Plattsburgh. Governor Scott and Representative Stefanik will both speak, and then take questions from the assembled peoples. Here is a section of Stefanik's remarks.

Phil Scott in New Hampshire

Governor Scott will be making a major trip to New Hampshire to start his Presidential bid, visiting the cities and towns (in this order) of Portsmouth, Dover, Nashua, Manchester, Concord, Keene, and Wolfesboro. This trip will be over the course of a few days, Phil Scott will speak to supporters, do local radio and television, and hold town halls and meet and greets. Phil Scott's campaign will be very much centered in New Hampshire, the trip to Manchester will include opening a campaign office. And in Concord, Governor Scott will meet with state legislators of both parties, and discuss solutions to regional problems, including the joint state family leave plan.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2019, 03:46:55 PM »

Extracts from Senator Brown's Speech at the Rockefeller Centre

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2019, 04:15:28 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2019, 11:13:39 PM by DatGOTTho »

As the current polling numbers appear to have gotten lost in the shuffle, I'm reposting them.

CNN/SSRS Democratic Primary Poll, 15-18 January 2019
Stacey Abrams - 18%

Beto O'Rourke - 10%
Sherrod Brown - 9%
Celia Curtis - 7%
Alex Sink - 6%
John Kerry - 5%
Jay Inslee - 5%
Tulsi Gabbard - 4%
Pete Buttigieg - 3%
Undecided - 33%

Rasmussen Reports Republican Primary Polling, 26-28 January 2019
Lisa Murkowski - 14%

Paul Ryan - 13%
Phil Scott - 12%
Rick Santorum - 10%
Carly Fiorina - 8%
Rob Portman - 7%
Nikki Haley - 7%
Ben Shapiro - 5%
Justin Amash - 4%
Alveda King - 3%
Undecided - 17%

New polls will be published on the 1st of the month.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2019, 04:18:46 PM »

BREAKING NEWS
BAKER DROPS OUT
Gov. Charlie Baker (R-MA) announced Monday that he was dropping out and endorsing Gov. Phil Scott (R-VT). He said "As a fellow Northeastern Governor, I know that Governor Scott will be an amazing President. The reason I'm dropping out is because of low polling numbers and Phil and I having similar beliefs and values."
ClassicGOPer
Rookie
New Zealand

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2019, 04:31:26 PM »

ROB PORTMAN FOR PRESIDENT

"We have a responsibility to leave this country in a better place, so that all of America's children can grow up in a safe environment! For too long, we have left our middle class behind, enough is enough! We need to provide an America that works for every single person in this country! An America where everyone can live the American dream! Which is why, I am officially announcing my candidacy for the Republican nomination for President of the United States of America! Under a Portman presidency, we will rebuild America! Thank you all, God Bless Ohio and God Bless America!" 
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2019, 08:52:36 PM »

So, at this point, it appears that we will be skipping ahead to June 1 as of February 1. The first debate for both parties will be June 5 in-game (February 5 IRL). Campaign schedules for February through June are highly encouraged and will be due by the start of the first debate.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2019, 10:13:44 PM »

So, at this point, it appears that we will be skipping ahead to June 1 as of February 1. The first debate for both parties will be June 5 in-game (February 5 IRL). Campaign schedules for February through June are highly encouraged and will be due by the start of the first debate.

Can we get our endorsement credits for that period at some point? No rush. Smiley
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2019, 10:36:57 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2019, 10:10:49 PM by DatGOTTho »

Can we get our endorsement credits for that period at some point? No rush. Smiley

Just so there's some endorsements left to grab after the skip, you'll each get your standard number of credits per week for each month skipped (so, 4 times the standard weekly dump). This puts credit totals at:

Democrats
Stacey Abrams: 8.6
Kamala Harris: 10.8
Beto O'Rourke: 12
Sherrod Brown: 1.8
Alex Sink: 0.2
John Kerry: 0
Jay Inslee: 6
Tulsi Gabbard: 4.8
Pete Buttigieg: 0.6

Republicans
Lisa Murkowski: 13.4
Paul Ryan: 17.2
Phil Scott: 3.6
Rick Santorum: 6
Rob Portman: 2.6
Nikki Haley: 10.4
Carly Fiorina: 8.6
Ben Shapiro: 6.4
Alveda King: 4
Justin Amash: 0.2

Independents
Rob Manfred:4

All post-megadump credits may be redeemed starting February 1st.
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2019, 03:47:32 PM »

AMASH ANNOUNCES IN GRAND RAPIDS

Amash Addressing Supporters in Grand Rapids

"I am so glad to be addressing you guys today and announcing my candidacy for President of the United States! I come as a representative of Good Government. The kind of Government who lets you spend your money as you want, rather than wasting your money with abandon! The kind of government that doesn't spy on its citizens! I am getting into this campaign to remind the people of this country that there is a better way, a way in which the government is beholden to the citizens rather than elites with enough money to influence decisions being made on capital hill.

I have never missed a vote on the House floor* because the I was elected by the people to be their representative in the house and I have carried that responsibility with me for my near decade of tenure in the House. As president, I will take this burden up for the country as a whole, that is my promise to you, America!"

*I am assuming Amash didn't miss the vote on the Health Care bill considering it doesn't exist. Correct me if I'm wrong and he just missed some other bill.
(OOC: Can I cash in my endorsement credits for Thomas Massie and Rand Paul? That would be 4, leaving me with 1.4 left, right? A schedule will be up tonight)

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2019, 03:52:52 PM »

AMASH ANNOUNCES IN GRAND RAPIDS

Amash Addressing Supporters in Grand Rapids

"I am so glad to be addressing you guys today and announcing my candidacy for President of the United States! I come as a representative of Good Government. The kind of Government who lets you spend your money as you want, rather than wasting your money with abandon! The kind of government that doesn't spy on its citizens! I am getting into this campaign to remind the people of this country that there is a better way, a way in which the government is beholden to the citizens rather than elites with enough money to influence decisions being made on capital hill.

I have never missed a vote on the House floor* because the I was elected by the people to be their representative in the house and I have carried that responsibility with me for my near decade of tenure in the House. As president, I will take this burden up for the country as a whole, that is my promise to you, America!"

*I am assuming Amash didn't miss the vote on the Health Care bill considering it doesn't exist. Correct me if I'm wrong and he just missed some other bill.
(OOC: Can I cash in my endorsement credits for Thomas Massie and Rand Paul? That would be 4, leaving me with 1.4 left, right? A schedule will be up tonight)

Yes, you can have the endorsements. In future, though, just PM me about endorsements. You have 1.2 credits at the moment.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2019, 05:27:18 PM »

Also, please note: endorsements bought with megadump credits will not be mentioned in election updates until June 2 in-game (February 2 IRL), as it's assumed they endorsed over the course of the four months skipped.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2019, 05:34:07 PM »

Also, please note: endorsements bought with megadump credits will not be mentioned in election updates until June 2 in-game (February 2 IRL), as it's assumed they endorsed over the course of the four months skipped.
Will my interview update be soon?
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2019, 05:39:38 PM »

Will my interview update be soon?

Yes, your interview update will still happen tonight. Election updates will not be postponed, only recognition of megadump-bought endorsements.
PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2019, 06:16:16 PM »

After building up his campaign staff, Rick Santorum will fly to Iowa to begin campaigning ahead of the debate.

Rick Santorum's presidential campaign is expected to begin in just a few days. He will be campaigning vigorously across the Hawkeye State in an attempt to make up for recent drop of support in polls. The schedule for his campaign will be released shortly.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2019, 07:42:22 PM »

BREAKING NEWS
On 29 January 2019, Celia Curtis suspended her campaign for President of the United States, but maintained her call for an outsider to take up the Democratic mantle.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2019, 07:45:57 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2019, 09:05:03 AM by DatGOTTho »

New Poll for Democratic primaries (credit megadump remains the same).

CNN/SSRS Democratic Primary Poll, 28-31 March 2019
Stacey Abrams - 17%

Sherrod Brown - 12%
Kamala Harris - 11%
Beto O'Rourke - 9%
Alex Sink - 7%
John Kerry - 5%
Jay Inslee - 4%
Pete Buttigieg - 3%
Undecided - 32%
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2019, 08:52:20 PM »

Election Update 2020
with your hosts, Lester Holt and Chuck Todd

Holt: Good evening. I'm Lester Holt.

Todd:And I'm Chuck Todd.

Both: And this is your Election Update.

Holt: And tonight there are both comings and goings of presidential candidates. Let's listen in.

Holt: Those two candidates sadly leaving us, but two more joining to fill the void. Let's listen there.

Holt: And, with no endorsements to report, we'll move on to an interview we forgot to tell you about on Sunday. That was our bad, and the network has taken full responsibility for it.

Todd: Indeed it has. And tonight our guest is Vermont Governor Phil Scott. Phil, how are you, tonight?

Scott: I'm doing well, Chuck. And yes, I forgive the network.

Holt:*chuckles* Yes, and again, folks, we're very sorry we forgot to tell you about this. Moving on, though, Governor, despite your popularity, you’re still from a state that gave President Romney fewer than 100,000 votes in 2012, and little more than 100,000 in 2016. Do you believe this could hinder you in a party that slowly seems to be drifting to the right nationwide?

Scott: No, I don't think so, Lester. My campaign isn't about geographical location, or about an ideological camp. I think our politics should move away from that kind of pettiness. Running for President should be about leadership, and about problem solving. My state may have gone for President Obama and Secretary Clinton, but that doesn't characterize my state, or any other state in the Union. My campaign is running a 50-state strategy because whether you're in Burlington, Vermont, or Nashua, New Hampshire, or in Youngstown, Ohio, we all need to grapple with the opioid epidemic, our crumbling infrastructure, and making our society more fair. It's not time for pettiness, it's time for citizenship.

Holt: Like a certain President we know, a candidate running as the voice of reason. And speaking of which, many commentators have compared you to President Romney over the past few years. Is there anywhere you can think of that you and the President differ significantly?

Scott: I'm flattered by the comparison, Lester, and I think that the President has done a great job these past four years. Americans are better off then they were 8 years ago, and I think the President has done a fantastic job serving this country, no doubt about it. It's true we both come from the Northeast, and we both spent years outside of Washington actually solving problems instead of contributing to deadlock. Now, the President and I still have policy differences. I think I can be said to be more socially moderate than the President, since I'm an enthusiastic supporter of marriage equality. I'm hoping to see the President codify allowing transgender individuals to serve in our armed forces. But in general, I think we have more work to do. I think that, unfortunately, the culture in Washington hasn't changed, or hasn't changed enough. We've got as much, or almost as much, gridlock, partisanship, and pettiness as before.

Holt: Partisans beware, you shall find no quarter here. Now then, as you're doing fairly well in the polls, there's a fairly strong chance you will be the next President. That in mind, what would your first 100 days be like?

Scott: The first thing I want to do if I'm elected is to start to bridge the partisan divide in Washington. I'd meet with Democrats and Republicans to push a major infrastructure project. Our infrastructure report card is a D+. I'm not satisfied with that, and when Americans see crumbling roads, ancient bridges, and more traffic, I think they agree. We need to invest billions in our infrastructure, and this helps everyone, from Presque Isle, Maine, to San Diego, California. This will create millions of jobs, and vastly improve our economy. It works for every American, and I think both parties can get behind it.

Holt: Infrastructure reform the focal point of this campaign, it would seem. Finally, Governor, if you could say one thing to the American people tonight, what would it be?

Scott: Well, I'd like to tell them to go to PhilScott.com and check out our schedule and our platform. Text CITIZENSHIP to 019283 to receive updates from our campaign. This campaign is about stepping up. For too long Washington has been partisan and deadlocked. We need to elevate the problem solvers, and act like citizens, not politicians focusing on re-election. It's time for leadership, not favor-trading. I'm ready to lead that fight, and I ask you to join me.

Holt: Governor Scott, thank you for being on tonight.

Scott: My pleasure, Lester.

Holt: *faces camera*
And that will be all for tonight, ladies and gentlemen. Join us on Thursday when we interview Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown.

Holt: Until then, I'm Lester Holt.

Both: And this has been your Election Update.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies