GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 09:01:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)  (Read 59741 times)
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: October 10, 2019, 05:25:23 PM »

You love personal attacks ! Really, is it the only argument you have ? mUh, hE iS fRencH, hE doEsN’t LiVe oN tHe gRounD, bAd.

By the way your argument is stupid, I mean if some conservative dude who happen to live in MI tell you’’Trump will win MI in a landslide, because I live here, and all my friends support him.’’ Does it make Trump favoured to win MI ? No, of course. Because the friendship circle of this guy is not representative of the MI electorate. It’s the same thing for your argument, what your are seeing on the ground, the way your friends behave from a political perspective doesn’t make GA a swing state (at least not yet) because the place where you’re living and the people you encounter are not necessarily representative of the GA electorate.
Stating that you don't live in America (which is true) is a personal attack? K.

And I'm not just some dude making statements about who my friends voted for. My opinions are based in data, reason, and logic. Like I said, you're not here and you don't know the work being done from the state level down to the precinct level to make sure this state goes blue. You don't know what rooms I've sat in having these discussions and who was in them. LOL. GA is very competitive and I'll be here on Election Night 2020 helping you pick your jaw off the floor when both Senate seats go Democratic.

The problem is that your are not giving counter arguments, you’re simply saying : you’re French, you’re not on the ground, so shut up, I know better than anyone else.

Based on datas ? Yeah, like the fact that democrats failed to win even one statewide election since 2002 (and failed miserably again last year despite a D+8 year and massive investments)

When both seats go Democratic ? Yeah, it will be beautiful to see : Senator Ossoff and Senator Tomlinson joining Governor Abrams in the alternative universe of a blue GA
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #301 on: October 10, 2019, 05:31:30 PM »

The problem is that your are not giving counter arguments
GA's electorate is growing more non-white and these voters overwhelmingly support Democratic candidates (they voted 85-14 for the Democratic nominee for Governor) they were 40 percent of the electorate in 2018 and by all estimations will be 42 percent of the electorate in 2020. Not to mention the fact that Republicans are maxed out in rural GA and Trump is likely to do worse than Kemp in Metro Atlanta.

There.

Trump is not going to win the state by more than 2 points. It's not Likely R and neither are the Senate seats.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #302 on: October 10, 2019, 05:43:39 PM »

You love personal attacks ! Really, is it the only argument you have ? mUh, hE iS fRencH, hE doEsN’t LiVe oN tHe gRounD, bAd.

By the way your argument is stupid, I mean if some conservative dude who happen to live in MI tell you’’Trump will win MI in a landslide, because I live here, and all my friends support him.’’ Does it make Trump favoured to win MI ? No, of course. Because the friendship circle of this guy is not representative of the MI electorate. It’s the same thing for your argument, what your are seeing on the ground, the way your friends behave from a political perspective doesn’t make GA a swing state (at least not yet) because the place where you’re living and the people you encounter are not necessarily representative of the GA electorate.

And I'm not just some dude making statements about who my friends voted for. My opinions are based in data, reason, and logic. Like I said, you're not here and you don't know the work being done from the state level down to the precinct level to make sure this state goes blue. You don't know what rooms I've sat in having these discussions and who was in them. LOL. GA is very competitive and I'll be here on Election Night 2020 helping you pick your jaw off the floor when both Senate seats go Democratic.

The problem is that your are not giving counter arguments, you’re simply saying : you’re French, you’re not on the ground, so shut up, I know better than anyone else.

Based on datas ? Yeah, like the fact that democrats failed to win even one statewide election since 2002 (and failed miserably again last year despite a D+8 year and massive investments)

When both seats go Democratic ? Yeah, it will be beautiful to see : Senator Ossoff and Senator Tomlinson joining Governor Abrams in the alternative universe of a blue GA

Dude, you've been told this a million times and still won't get it through your thick skull, GA is an inelastic, racially polarized state. You can't use a D+8 national environment to explain anything. The state is on the cusp of being majority-minority and college-educated millennials are becoming a bigger piece of the pie with each passing election, it's only a matter of time before the dam bursts. It could be next year, could be '22 but it's a ticking time bomb.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #303 on: October 10, 2019, 05:45:52 PM »

The problem is that your are not giving counter arguments
GA's electorate is growing more non-white and these voters overwhelmingly support Democratic candidates (they voted 85-14 for the Democratic nominee for Governor) they were 40 percent of the electorate in 2018 and by all estimations will be 42 percent of the electorate in 2020. Not to mention the fact that Republicans are maxed out in rural GA and Trump is likely to do worse than Kemp in Metro Atlanta.

There.

Trump is not going to win the state by more than 2 points. It's not Likely R and neither are the Senate seats.

Okay

- Minorities represent a rising share of the electorate, it’s a fact, yeah. Now, it’s not unconceivable to imagine Trump doing a bit better among non white voters than Kemp, let’s say 17% rather than 15%.

- Every election cycle democrats think that they have hit the bottom in rural areas and that their numbers can only go up. That’s what they thought after 2012 (remember the Clinton will be competitive in the rural south again because she is not black). That’s also what they thought after 2016. And look, Kemp did even better than Trump in rural GA.

- It’s possible that Trump will do worse than Kemp is some suburbs (Cobb County for example) ; but on the other hand Kemp was not a very good fit for white college educated voters, so don’t expect a big drop off either.
(By the way I doubt that Warren would be very popular in Buckhead)
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #304 on: October 10, 2019, 05:49:50 PM »

Dude, you've been told this a million times and still won't get it through your thick skull, GA is an inelastic, racially polarized state. You can't use a D+8 national environment to explain anything. The state is on the cusp of being majority-minority and college-educated millennials are becoming a bigger piece of the pie with each passing election, it's only a matter of time before the dam bursts. It could be next year, could be '22 but it's a ticking time bomb.

Yeah, on the longer term GA will be a problem, at least if republicans don’t improve their numbers with minorities.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #305 on: October 15, 2019, 10:35:11 AM »

Yikes!

Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #306 on: October 15, 2019, 11:21:31 AM »

Good for McBath!  Terry should stop wasting everyone's time. Now where are those Tomlinson numbers?
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #307 on: October 15, 2019, 11:22:38 AM »

Yeah, this looks like a primary between Tomlinson and Ossoff.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #308 on: October 15, 2019, 11:59:29 AM »

Sad to see Georgia slipping into a red Hell like Virginia before it. How long before they elect a communist Lenin wannabe like Abrams as governor or senator? Who knows, but I don't think it will happen in 2020. All I know is that if I lived there, I'd be getting the hell out when it does happen and the state becomes Illinois 2.0.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #309 on: October 15, 2019, 12:04:15 PM »

Sad to see Georgia slipping into a red Hell like Virginia before it. How long before they elect a communist Lenin wannabe like Abrams as governor or senator? Who knows, but I don't think it will happen in 2020. All I know is that if I lived there, I'd be getting the hell out when it does happen and the state becomes Illinois 2.0.

Just wait until me and my family and friends move there (a growing possibility by the day). It'll be +9 D votes. :-)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #310 on: October 15, 2019, 12:07:13 PM »

Man you make it all sound so much cooler than it actually is
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #311 on: October 15, 2019, 12:07:25 PM »

Just wait until me and my family and friends move there (a growing possibility by the day). It'll be +9 D votes. :-)

I'm worried about political refugees flooding our state in 20-25 years. Sensible people will have little recourse but to flee once it's been controlled by ANC-style communists for a few election cycles.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #312 on: October 15, 2019, 12:11:23 PM »

I'm worried about political refugees flooding our state in 20-25 years. Sensible people will have little recourse but to flee once it's been controlled by ANC-style communists for a few election cycles.

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #313 on: October 15, 2019, 12:30:04 PM »

Currently trying to get my friend (she’s an Emory student) to convince her family to move here. LOL. They’re Ethiopian. Have really tried to sell them on the immense diversity in Metro Atlanta. California is getting to expensive for them.

Oh and #TeamTomlinson

Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #314 on: October 15, 2019, 12:37:16 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2019, 12:43:57 PM by jeb_arlo »

Currently trying to get my friend (she’s an Emory student) to convince her family to move here. LOL. They’re Ethiopian. Have really tried to sell them on the immense diversity in Metro Atlanta. California is getting to expensive for them.

Oh and #TeamTomlinson

I was hoping she'd pass the $1 million mark, but that's still a respectable haul. She probably would have brought in more if not for Osoff's entry into the race.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #315 on: October 15, 2019, 12:45:40 PM »

Oh and #TeamTomlinson

I didn't believe it until I recently visited the state. My friend, who has been living there for 5 years or so, has nothing but great things to say about the ATL area.

Personally, I loved Athens as well.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #316 on: October 15, 2019, 12:48:37 PM »

Hang on.  That $925k total--is that just this quarter, or this and last together?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #317 on: October 15, 2019, 12:50:11 PM »

Oh and #TeamTomlinson

Go Queen Teresa Purple heart

Ossoff would be a weaker general election candidate, like he blew GA-06 with allowing the Republicans to define him as out-of-touch Hollywood liberal and Pelosi puppet.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #318 on: October 15, 2019, 01:08:19 PM »

Hang on.  That $925k total--is that just this quarter, or this and last together?
I didn't watch the video in the tweet until now, after watching the video. She definitely said this was money raised "to date".

Kind of "Yikes!" for me, but not as bad as Terry. And Amico probably self-funded a lot of her haul *no way in hell she raised $700k with how little known she is and how quiet she's been since getting in* ; Ossoff is nationally known so her total is just reflective of how the Resistance isn't taking GA seriously because Perdue is not as known or polarizing as the Turtle and Lindsey Graham. Still believe she will win the nomination!

Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #319 on: October 15, 2019, 01:08:41 PM »

She is lying, she raised only 400k in Q3.

$925k = Q3 + Q2

QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #320 on: October 15, 2019, 01:09:49 PM »

Yeah almost no one who lives in Atlanta will ever want to live in your hellhole of a state.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #321 on: October 15, 2019, 01:11:58 PM »

She was spinning, not lying, that's what Trump and Perdue do.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #322 on: October 15, 2019, 01:15:06 PM »

She was spinning, not lying, that's what Trump and Perdue do.

Lol. #DoubleStandard
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #323 on: October 15, 2019, 02:20:08 PM »

Yeah almost no one who lives in Atlanta will ever want to live in your hellhole of a state.

My family is literally white flight from the Atlanta metro area. Yes, people will want to leave.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #324 on: October 15, 2019, 03:50:06 PM »

Yikes, I take back the nice things I said earlier.  If she's gone two quarters and hasn't yet gotten to $1 million, that's terrible. I still think she'd be a better candidate than Osoff and I'll keep making my monthly donation, but Tomlinson has got to start bringing in more money.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies