Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 10:40:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 79
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 135309 times)
VeniceItaly
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: June 13, 2019, 05:01:25 PM »

Warren needs to drop out already. I respect her, she would make a good first female president but right now she's dividing the progressive vote and its making Joe "Too close for comfort" Biden the likely nominee.

Bernie's the one in third place, so why don't you go knocking on that ego's big head for an epiphany instead, huh?
Warren comes off as an NE elite, Bernie Sanders has more appeal with non-college educated whites than Warren does. Warren couldn't stand a chance against Trump while Bernie could easily wipe the floor against Trump.

I'm a Bernie donor and voter, but you're a misogynist. Where is the evidence?

If Warren continues to eclipse him, it's the duty of those who truly believe in his vision for a better world to consider jumping over to her campaign to stop Biden. Your aesthetic judgment of her character is irrelevant if you are a true Bernie fan, because you want the quickest, most effective path out of capitalism now, regardless of who sets us upon it. I can't believe that I have to explain this to adults.
I am not judging her character, I really don't know her personally but right now shes doing worst against Trump than Bernie.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #551 on: June 13, 2019, 05:40:13 PM »

She making a lot smart moves lately. I still don't think I want to roll the dice with her. She still has not found a way to handle her DNA debacle. I still think it be a mistake to nominate her. She is already tainted like Hillary. I'm worried we are making the same mistake.
OMG! Nobody cares about that DNA stuff. Damn.

Hillary's emails, "health concerns," "basket of deplorables," etc... all nothingburgers that unfortunately hurt her anyway. Anything stupid like the DNA story could be just enough of a headache to really hurt Warren in the general. No matter how many times Warren says "it never helped my career, it was just an honest mistake," people won't forget it.
The “issue” is already uncared for in the media and isolated from her campaign compared to other challengers. The fact of the matter is that as long as she learns from the decision, which it seems like she did, she’ll do fine against Teflon Don.

It's uncared for right now, and only because she's not the odds-on-favorite to win the primaries in the first place.

But it, or some other nothingburger will show up once it's the General...and the media will play that for it's worth just to keep the race even.
Sounds
Rookie
United States

« Reply #552 on: June 13, 2019, 09:05:32 PM »

I want Warren to tear down Biden at the debates tbh
jacobmeteorite
jafcontact
Rookie
United States

« Reply #553 on: June 14, 2019, 10:55:56 AM »
« Edited: June 14, 2019, 03:45:46 PM by jafcontact »

I already can envision Warren coming out on top as the nominee.

However, I have the hardest time coming up with potential names for her VP. For me, VP's should:
1.) Be ready to lead at any moment
2.) Help the ticket win in the General Election

Seems simple enough, but with Warren, I have absolutely no clue about a VP choice.

At this point, most candidates aren't talking about VP stuff at all, but Elizabeth has made a few comments. First, she said she'd for sure consider a female VP choice. Secondly, she said she wants someone who is similar in her beliefs.

It's that second part that boggles my mind, because one thing we know about Elizabeth Warren is that she doesn't compromise her beliefs. Some may even call that stubborn. But it's what makes her who she is! Ignoring big money donors and events? That took A LOT OF GUTS, and she had plenty of people (even from within her campaign) who told her that was a terrible idea. But it's absolutely been paying off. I know the next round of data hasn't been released yet for fundraising numbers, but I think we all know she's far from broke.

Elizabeth Warren is running the exact kind of campaign that she wants to run. She's making it all about the issues, and she's not getting in the mud with insults towards Trump or the other candidates. And that's admirable as hell.

Pardon my word salad, but going back to the VP slot:

For me, I have no doubt that Warren would be just as picky about who she'd pick for VP. Most of the intense energy for candidates is in the Senate. In the past, I would've thought a progressive like Warren would need a moderate like Mark Warner or Michael Bennett to balance out her ticket and up her chances of winning the general election.

But Elizabeth Warren will not consider any who voted for that deregulation of Dodd/Frank bill from 2017/2018. She came out against those Dems HARD (McCaskill, Heitkamp, Warner and Kaine were some of the bills loudest supporters, and even tried to counteract Warren's argument).

So who is Warren left to select?

What I know she's not gonna do is select an older, moderate white man. She's just not. The energy from the grassroots is not here for that AT ALL.

Eric Holder? Julian Castro? Xavier Becerra? Could Beto work? I'm struggling hard with thinking of options.

Personally, I would like someone out of left field like a Catherine Cortez Masto, but I'm wondering what you guys think.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #554 on: June 14, 2019, 11:04:34 AM »

Sadly, I think a double woman ticket would make many men even more uncomfortable. Castro seems like the strongest option, honestly.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #555 on: June 14, 2019, 11:16:27 AM »

Castro. He is a solid candidate but not ready for top slot. He is a compelling surrogate in the Sun Belt.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #556 on: June 14, 2019, 12:39:28 PM »

Warren seems like the change candidate and the type of change the voters can stomach. She's not advocating leaving capitalism like some other progressives. She is basically saying I will run a fairer game with enforceable rules and a basic safety net for those who fail in this capitalist society. That's a message people can support.

I remember when George W. Bush had an townhall in the Upper Midwest and this lady stood up and told him she had 3 jobs and was worried about entitlement reform because she had a disabled family member. He proceeded to ask the audience to applaud her for being hardworking and "uniquely American". Electing Elizabeth Warren and giving her a congress to make reforms in this country is the antidote to all of this sickness where banks and finance write their own oversight legislation, and credit card companies prey on people and then shift the consequences to the taxpayers.
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #557 on: June 14, 2019, 01:03:07 PM »

She making a lot smart moves lately. I still don't think I want to roll the dice with her. She still has not found a way to handle her DNA debacle. I still think it be a mistake to nominate her. She is already tainted like Hillary. I'm worried we are making the same mistake.

Hillary's emails, "health concerns," "basket of deplorables," etc... all nothingburgers that unfortunately hurt her anyway. Anything stupid like the DNA story could be just enough of a headache to really hurt Warren in the general. No matter how many times Warren says "it never helped my career, it was just an honest mistake," people won't forget it.
The “issue” is already uncared for in the media and isolated from her campaign compared to other challengers. The fact of the matter is that as long as she learns from the decision, which it seems like she did, she’ll do fine against Teflon Don.
This. We’ve all moved on. She’s the policy candidate. Nobody in the MSM has referenced that DNA mess for months. Even when the guy on The Breakfast Club tried to embarrass her- it was in the news for like.... a few hours. The fact that people think that is more problematic than Biden’s history is indicative of how biased politics and the media are.

It's rather arrogant to call her *the* policy candidate when Bernie, Gabbard, Gravel, Yang, and Williamson are also running.

Is this satire?
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #558 on: June 14, 2019, 03:54:31 PM »

This. We’ve all moved on. She’s the policy candidate. Nobody in the MSM has referenced that DNA mess for months. Even when the guy on The Breakfast Club tried to embarrass her- it was in the news for like.... a few hours. The fact that people think that is more problematic than Biden’s history is indicative of how biased politics and the media are.

I dont think Charlamagne tried to embarass her. He actually flat out did and her response was horrible. If you think this won't be an issue with African Americans, when it's addressed during debates or in a general election, you are crazy.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #559 on: June 14, 2019, 04:20:06 PM »

I saw the entire Breakfast Club interview and she did great. CTG came up as a shock jock type dude on the radio, that was just vintage CTG and no big deal.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #560 on: June 14, 2019, 04:30:47 PM »

can I just say how happy I am that she's taking off? Warren is my hero and it was distressing to see her stall at her launch but now she's on track to surpass sanders and I love it
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #561 on: June 14, 2019, 04:44:19 PM »

I dont think Charlamagne tried to embarass her. He actually flat out did and her response was horrible. If you think this won't be an issue with African Americans, when it's addressed during debates or in a general election, you are crazy.
Why would African Americans be particularly concerned with the DNA story? LOL. If there are indigenous people that are hesitant to Warren and want more from her on that, that is completely reasonable but she has done a ton to rectify it, people are moving on, and the fear mongers trying to force Warren out with this non-story need to get over it.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #562 on: June 14, 2019, 04:56:21 PM »

Why would African Americans be particularly concerned with the DNA story? LOL. If there are indigenous people that are hesitant to Warren and want more from her on that, that is completely reasonable but she has done a ton to rectify it, people are moving on, and the fear mongers trying to force Warren out with this non-story need to get over it.

The whole DNA issue comes from the fact that Warren looked like she was using her background to get a favorable advantage in life over other individuals. Yes, she technically didn't lie. But the reality is society views her as a white woman. Not a native american. Not a representative of a group that has been discriminated against. This is a problem. You are white and you are pretending to be something you aren't without dealing with all the baggage that comes with it. Even though CTG isn't native american, he can still be frustrated because blacks and native americans have a similar struggle

Have you ever heard the phrase "Everyone wants to be black but knowone wants to be black"?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #563 on: June 14, 2019, 05:35:29 PM »

https://americanindian.si.edu/exhibitions/indivisible/cherokee_freedmen.html
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #564 on: June 15, 2019, 07:25:15 AM »

Looks like Warren might not be such a weak general election candidate after all.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/15/donald-trump-elizabeth-warren-2020-election-1365816
Trump aides and their allies at the Republican National Committee, who initially believed their money and manpower were better focused elsewhere, are digging up opposition research, deploying camera-wielding trackers, and preparing to brand Warren as a liberal extremist. The reassessment of Warren, confirmed in conversations with more than a half-dozen Trump advisers, reflects the volatility of the massive Democratic primary and how the reelection campaign is reacting to it.

The Trump team — including the president himself — had been focused almost exclusively on Joe Biden to this point. But Warren’s rise now has them thinking she could pose a serious threat in a general election. Warren’s disciplined style, populist-infused speeches, and perceived ability to win over suburban female voters, Trump advisers concede, has raised concerns.

Campaign pollster John McLaughlin has sounded the alarm internally, stressing that Warren’s attacks on Trump threaten to undercut his support from the working-class voters who propelled him to the presidency.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #565 on: June 15, 2019, 06:52:48 PM »

Looks like Warren might not be such a weak general election candidate after all.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/15/donald-trump-elizabeth-warren-2020-election-1365816
Trump aides and their allies at the Republican National Committee, who initially believed their money and manpower were better focused elsewhere, are digging up opposition research, deploying camera-wielding trackers, and preparing to brand Warren as a liberal extremist. The reassessment of Warren, confirmed in conversations with more than a half-dozen Trump advisers, reflects the volatility of the massive Democratic primary and how the reelection campaign is reacting to it.

The Trump team — including the president himself — had been focused almost exclusively on Joe Biden to this point. But Warren’s rise now has them thinking she could pose a serious threat in a general election. Warren’s disciplined style, populist-infused speeches, and perceived ability to win over suburban female voters, Trump advisers concede, has raised concerns.

Campaign pollster John McLaughlin has sounded the alarm internally, stressing that Warren’s attacks on Trump threaten to undercut his support from the working-class voters who propelled him to the presidency.

I hope this is the case. It's the one thing keeping me from being full-on in her camp. I'm almost there, but I just need some reassurance about her in the general election.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #566 on: June 15, 2019, 08:07:44 PM »

I argued like a year ago on this site that Warren was an electable candidate citing how well she did with 2016 election focus groups.

Atlas response: the voters will see her as "elitist" because shes a college professor from Massachusetts oh and and she doesn't give speeches like Obama
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #567 on: June 15, 2019, 08:30:41 PM »

Warren has criticized Biden for the Bankruptcy Bill and the Obama and Biden administration has made Fed Consolidation of Student Loan debt easier for loan forgiveness

Obama was success on ACA as well. This is why she is having such a hard time breaking through. Also, Biden will breakthrough in Rust Belt, where Trump will beat her.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #568 on: June 17, 2019, 10:37:04 AM »

She can win this thing.
jacobmeteorite
jafcontact
Rookie
United States

« Reply #569 on: June 18, 2019, 06:55:02 PM »

What do we think about an Elizabeth Warren/Deb Haaland 2020 ticket?
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #570 on: June 19, 2019, 03:12:47 PM »

What do we think about an Elizabeth Warren/Deb Haaland 2020 ticket?

I'd love that, but I don't see her picking a woman as her running mate.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #571 on: June 20, 2019, 10:14:13 AM »

In the last few weeks I've come across people talking about Warren and within a few sentences, the issue of childcare comes up. Universal Childcare is a winning issue, I hope she keeps bringing it home.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #572 on: June 20, 2019, 10:43:53 AM »

I can't see Warren picking a woman as her running mate. As insensitive as it may sound, i think having two women on the ticket may just be too much for certain people.

If he was still in office, I'd say Russ Feingold would be a pretty good choice.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #573 on: June 20, 2019, 10:45:54 AM »

I can't see Warren picking a woman as her running mate. As insensitive as it may sound, i think having two women on the ticket may just be too much for certain people.

I mean, if Russ Feingold were in office right now he'd be a frontrunner for the presidency. Like, if he'd won Wisconsin at the same time as Trump, he'd be the obvious choice for progressives.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #574 on: June 20, 2019, 11:02:40 AM »

I mean, if Russ Feingold were in office right now he'd be a frontrunner for the presidency. Like, if he'd won Wisconsin at the same time as Trump, he'd be the obvious choice for progressives.

I can’t hear Russ Feingold’s name without being sad. He would’ve been my top pick if he won in 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies