Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:24:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 79
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 134958 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: June 11, 2019, 03:24:10 PM »
« edited: June 11, 2019, 04:51:49 PM by PSOL »

Gallup has released analysis of the receptiveness of Warren’s ideas to the general public
Fairly accurate and balanced in my opinion.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #526 on: June 11, 2019, 03:28:47 PM »

She's slowly winning me over.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #527 on: June 12, 2019, 12:46:24 AM »

Populist rhetoric is so convincing. I swear I almost liked her after this statement. So many people are reigning in on it. Populism will forever be the perfect strategy so long as you time it right. Donald, Obama, Trump, Paul, Buchanan, and like 2 others, all literally say the same exact thing here.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BymMBZyn5UD
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #528 on: June 12, 2019, 01:17:13 AM »

Populist rhetoric is so convincing. I swear I almost liked her after this statement. So many people are reigning in on it. Populism will forever be the perfect strategy so long as you time it right. Donald, Obama, Trump, Paul, Buchanan, and like 2 others, all literally say the same exact thing here.

The good thing is that she backs up her rhetoric with substance in the form of meaningful and detailed policy proposals.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #529 on: June 12, 2019, 01:47:16 AM »

The good thing is that she backs up her rhetoric with substance in the form of meaningful and detailed policy proposals.

Yeah. She literally has a plan for everything. She's been running since 2012 to me
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #530 on: June 12, 2019, 01:52:05 AM »

Yeah. She literally has a plan for everything. She's been running since 2012 to me

I'd be more impressed with her if someone can find a single statement of hers supporting single payer before 2017. Mike Gravel supported single payer before Bernie ever ran for President. Why would Warren wait until after Hillary lost if she's a strong progressive?
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #531 on: June 12, 2019, 10:37:07 AM »

I'd be more impressed with her if someone can find a single statement of hers supporting single payer before 2017. Mike Gravel supported single payer before Bernie ever ran for President. Why would Warren wait until after Hillary lost if she's a strong progressive?
Its starting.They're scared.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #532 on: June 12, 2019, 10:45:26 AM »

https://www.weeklystandard.com/michael-warren/elizabeth-warren-supported-single-payer-before-she-opposed-it

The most obvious solution would be universal, single-payer health care. Single-payer care would also free families from dependents on an employers

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2017/06/27/how-elizabeth-warren-turned-into-enthusiastic-supporter-single-payer-health-care/Uk8rAaRcoOIIiQWa7nDkBN/story.html

When asked by a local television news host if she supported single-payer in June 2012, Warren said “no,” citing the political toxcity.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #533 on: June 12, 2019, 03:35:16 PM »

Has anybody pointed out that Abby Finkenauer’s boyfriend/partner is Warren’s Iowa political director?
VeniceItaly
Rookie
United States

« Reply #534 on: June 12, 2019, 04:03:00 PM »

Warren needs to drop out already. I respect her, she would make a good first female president but right now she's dividing the progressive vote and its making Joe "Too close for comfort" Biden the likely nominee.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #535 on: June 12, 2019, 10:36:46 PM »

Warren needs to drop out already. I respect her, she would make a good first female president but right now she's dividing the progressive vote and its making Joe "Too close for comfort" Biden the likely nominee.

Bernie's the one in third place, so why don't you go knocking on that ego's big head for an epiphany instead, huh?
VeniceItaly
Rookie
United States

« Reply #536 on: June 12, 2019, 11:08:16 PM »

Bernie's the one in third place, so why don't you go knocking on that ego's big head for an epiphany instead, huh?
Warren comes off as an NE elite, Bernie Sanders has more appeal with non-college educated whites than Warren does. Warren couldn't stand a chance against Trump while Bernie could easily wipe the floor against Trump.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #537 on: June 13, 2019, 12:00:33 AM »

Warren comes off as an NE elite, Bernie Sanders has more appeal with non-college educated whites than Warren does. Warren couldn't stand a chance against Trump while Bernie could easily wipe the floor against Trump.

Counterpoint: Trump didn't stand a chance against Hillary and The Silent Majority in the big box store burbs. Look how that turned out!
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #538 on: June 13, 2019, 12:26:02 AM »

I'm a Bernie donor and voter, but you're a misogynist. Where is the evidence?

If Warren continues to eclipse him, it's the duty of those who truly believe in his vision for a better world to consider jumping over to her campaign to stop Biden. Your aesthetic judgment of her character is irrelevant if you are a true Bernie fan, because you want the quickest, most effective path out of capitalism now, regardless of who sets us upon it. I can't believe that I have to explain this to adults.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #539 on: June 13, 2019, 12:38:21 AM »

VeniceItaly
Rookie
United States

« Reply #540 on: June 13, 2019, 10:49:40 AM »

I'm a Bernie donor and voter, but you're a misogynist. Where is the evidence?

If Warren continues to eclipse him, it's the duty of those who truly believe in his vision for a better world to consider jumping over to her campaign to stop Biden. Your aesthetic judgment of her character is irrelevant if you are a true Bernie fan, because you want the quickest, most effective path out of capitalism now, regardless of who sets us upon it. I can't believe that I have to explain this to adults.
>Where is the evidence
Check the polling, Bernie is doing better than Warren against Trump? Seriously you liberals need to quit the mudslinging. Throwing around misogynist is doing a disservice to women.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #541 on: June 13, 2019, 11:05:15 AM »

That's THREE recent polls with Warren ahead of Sanders:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/448330-warren-rises-to-second-in-california-poll
jacobmeteorite
jafcontact
Rookie
United States

« Reply #542 on: June 13, 2019, 12:01:57 PM »

Bumping this after EW’s rise in the polls. I’m curious, what do you guys think?

So I'm curious about this pairing because they've done a few projects together, mostly around the time the deregulating of Dodd/Frank from last year was happening. They've got great chemistry and I've heard that they're great friends.

But what made me think of them was when both Warren and Trump were in Nevada on the same day, each campaigning for their Senate candidate. They threw their verbal jabs at each other, and I thought it was a curious look into how a Trump v. Warren scenario would play out. Jacky Rosen ended up winning, and actually pretty handily.

So that led me to wonder... can a Warren/Cortez Masto ticket win? How do you think they would do in nationwide? Can a two-woman ticket work? Warren and Harris already said they'd consider a woman VP. And a Massachusetts/Nevada ticket sounds like it could be powerful, but I wanna hear what you guys think.

Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #543 on: June 13, 2019, 12:27:15 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2019, 12:38:55 PM by Da2017 »

She making a lot smart moves lately. I still don't think I want to roll the dice with her. She still has not found a way to handle her DNA debacle. I still think it be a mistake to nominate her. She is already tainted like Hillary. I'm worried we are making the same mistake.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #544 on: June 13, 2019, 12:49:12 PM »

She making a lot smart moves lately. I still don't think I want to roll the dice with her. She still has not found a way to handle her DNA debacle. I still think it be a mistake to nominate her. She is already tainted like Hillary. I'm worried we are making the same mistake.
OMG! Nobody cares about that DNA stuff. Damn.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #545 on: June 13, 2019, 02:44:45 PM »

Hillary's emails, "health concerns," "basket of deplorables," etc... all nothingburgers that unfortunately hurt her anyway. Anything stupid like the DNA story could be just enough of a headache to really hurt Warren in the general. No matter how many times Warren says "it never helped my career, it was just an honest mistake," people won't forget it.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #546 on: June 13, 2019, 03:17:08 PM »

Hillary's emails, "health concerns," "basket of deplorables," etc... all nothingburgers that unfortunately hurt her anyway. Anything stupid like the DNA story could be just enough of a headache to really hurt Warren in the general. No matter how many times Warren says "it never helped my career, it was just an honest mistake," people won't forget it.
The “issue” is already uncared for in the media and isolated from her campaign compared to other challengers. The fact of the matter is that as long as she learns from the decision, which it seems like she did, she’ll do fine against Teflon Don.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #547 on: June 13, 2019, 04:32:48 PM »

The “issue” is already uncared for in the media and isolated from her campaign compared to other challengers. The fact of the matter is that as long as she learns from the decision, which it seems like she did, she’ll do fine against Teflon Don.
This. We’ve all moved on. She’s the policy candidate. Nobody in the MSM has referenced that DNA mess for months. Even when the guy on The Breakfast Club tried to embarrass her- it was in the news for like.... a few hours. The fact that people think that is more problematic than Biden’s history is indicative of how biased politics and the media are.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #548 on: June 13, 2019, 04:34:58 PM »

This. We’ve all moved on. She’s the policy candidate. Nobody in the MSM has referenced that DNA mess for months. Even when the guy on The Breakfast Club tried to embarrass her- it was in the news for like.... a few hours. The fact that people think that is more problematic than Biden’s history is indicative of how biased politics and the media are.

It's rather arrogant to call her *the* policy candidate when Bernie, Gabbard, Gravel, Yang, and Williamson are also running.
charlottegaze
Rookie
United States

« Reply #549 on: June 13, 2019, 04:35:56 PM »

This resurgence of Warren in recent polls is encouraging not just because I want her to win, but also because it seems to be a result of actual policy. I see some people worry that nominating Warren is just asking to bring that Native American controversy back into the spotlight, but I doubt it. People didn't forget about the controversy, they just care about the policy more. And that's a good sign.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies